PDA

View Full Version : NEED TO MAKE IT CONVENIENT FOR EVERYONE ie: THREE-DAY HOLIDAY MEMORIAL DAY MAY 24-26

DrN0
02-12-2008, 09:57 AM
I recommend that we choose a day as a matter of convenience for as many of us as possible.

I suggest SUNDAY, MAY 25TH, MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND. It's a THREE-DAY WEEKEND. Regardless of whatever other groups may be demonstrating in DC that weekend, we need to make it as easy as possible for as many of us as possible to attend. Being that it is a nationally observed three-day holiday weekend, it's a natural choice.

Then again, the sooner the better. If we wait for three months, support may dwindle. A lot can and will happen in three months' time - especially if McCain locks up the nomination.

~Craig

..PAUL4PRES..
02-12-2008, 10:00 AM
No. School is not out in some places. June or July.

UnitedWeStand
02-12-2008, 10:00 AM
March 21-Good Friday is also a three day weekend.

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 10:01 AM
March 21-Good Friday is also a three day weekend.

He did say in 3-4 months, but not as much as six. This targets May-June timeframe. March is cold in Washington also, and not all of us are childless college kids.

RPDelegate
02-12-2008, 10:04 AM
I like Memorial Weekend - makes sense. But two things. A lot of people plan vacations for that weekend. Meaning many won't show up. And secondly fuel costs. Gas will be jacked up high for those that drive there, and plane flights will be more expensive for that weekend as well. I think June 7th is good - it's just a regular weekend.

..PAUL4PRES..
02-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Restore the Constitution. June 21st.

Cooter
02-12-2008, 10:06 AM
yeah and wouldnt many who have vacation plans have them booked already?