PDA

View Full Version : Don't you need a PERMIT?

Onyx
02-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Don't you need a permit to march in Washington? And if yes .... wouldn't the gay pride parade have one all week?

statesman
02-12-2008, 07:49 AM
they are going to have it for ONE DAY... for the 15th

they are not having a parade the whole week

PauliticsPolitics
02-12-2008, 07:49 AM
possibly, but the 100,000 person BBQ definitely has one on 6/21.

we aren't super concerned with facts here it seems.

PauliticsPolitics
02-12-2008, 08:03 AM
bump....

Does anyone know what kind of permit we need? and what days we are allowed to get a permit on!!!!

any people do this sort of thing before??

PauliticsPolitics
02-12-2008, 08:04 AM
PERMIT????
this is really the most important question!!!!!!!

thegr8drronpaul
02-12-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm searching and this is all I found so far -

"Washington, D.C.: Will the police come down pretty hard on unpermitted protests, or will you let them go since it is a holiday weekend and disruption will likely be small?

Alfred Broadbent: The police would recommend that all groups that want to march on public space obtain a permit. Permits can be obtained by responding to our Special Operations division located at 23rd and L St., NW.

The reason the police recommend that you obtain a permit is so that they can ensure the safety of the marchers while they are on public space and also to plan around dignitary movements of the president and other foreign dignitaries who might be traversing the streets of Washington. "

It's an old article (2003) but I would this is where we should start ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/liveonline/03/special/metro/sp_metro_broadbent011503.htm

hillertexas
02-12-2008, 08:44 AM
I think you do need a permit

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1247172
Secure a permit for your demonstration. Contact the National Parks Permit Office by calling (202) 619-7225. Ask them to fax you a permit application. Ask them for the availability dates on the gathering location, march route and rally point. Once they have confirmed availability, proceed to fill out the entire application. Make sure to specify the estimated number of people participating in the protest and the main contact person. That person must sign and date the application. Make a copy of the application and the highlighted map for your records. Mail the original application and highlighted map to: National Parks Permit Office, Room 128, 1100 Ohio Drive Southwest, Washington, District of Colombia 20242. Wait about a week for a National Parks Agent to call. This agent will be specifically assigned to your organization for the permit application process. Have the agent give you her direct extension for further questions and information. Provide the agent with any additional information he may need to approve the permit. Ask him to fax you the approved permit immediately and mail the original back to you.