PDA

View Full Version : What about the people with $0?

Agent CSL
02-12-2008, 07:14 AM
I really want to go to this but I'm all the way across country with about $20 in my hand and no job. I really hate the prospect of begging but maybe there could be a way to raise funds for people who need plane/train tickets and hotel stay? Not that we should give these people checks and trust them to be there, that'd be a really bad idea as we'd probably be bombarded by a bunch of thiefs.

I'm willing to work my ass off webdesigning and doing odd jobs to see how much I can make before May/June.

Right now I'm looking at about $1000 needed.

So any ideas on how us economically challenged get involved?

Onyx
02-12-2008, 07:17 AM
Why does your location say that you are already in Washington?

Agent CSL
02-12-2008, 07:18 AM

http://www.forumspile.com/Blank-Facepalm.gif

PauliticsPolitics
02-12-2008, 07:18 AM

whoa....

Washington state is a long way from DC brother.

Bruno
02-12-2008, 07:19 AM

Isn't this a march on Washington D.C., not Washington state? This person is about as far away as you can get from the march location without being in Alaska or Hawaii.

Onyx
02-12-2008, 07:20 AM
I'm Canadian .. how would I know! :)

PauliticsPolitics
AGENT CSL - I think we will all find a way to get there. There will be plenty of help from us. Just keep in touch on here, you'll find a bus load of Seatlites coming here, i'm quite confident.

rpfreedom08
I think what we need to do is get everyone that has zero money or no ride to either make a website with a united states map that will pinpoint everyone that has signed up that has no ride and or money. This way if there are people that live close that don't mind giving rides then it will help out bigtime. This site will also have a widget for money raised for this fund and a donation button. We need to get creative about this and fast because we need everyone to go!

PauliticsPolitics
02-12-2008, 07:23 AM
yes, we still need to figure out the date.

but i don't see the gay vs BBQ debate being solved anytime soon.

Agent CSL
02-12-2008, 07:24 AM
I think what we need to do is get everyone that has zero money or no ride to either make a website with a united states map that will pinpoint everyone that has signed up that has no ride and or money. This site will also have a widget for money raised for this fund and a donation button. We need to get creative about this and fast because we need everyone to go!

Really scary though, to see that some people will sign up just to get money and nothing else. I wish somehow a person could be setup in each state to handle money and provide plane tickets (not cash). But even a state handler could be corrupt and err, there's the IRS to think of. Wouldn't they love it if someone wasn't paying taxes on money for something of another?

I guess we'll have to have good faith in people if this is to work and assume no one's going to take advantage of it.

Shingen
02-12-2008, 07:24 AM
Agant CSL

PM me, I might have a few ideas that we could brain-storm on.

PauliticsPolitics
02-12-2008, 07:25 AM
the chipin would be monitored by many and can actually buy the plane or train ticket for the individual.

BigRedBrent
02-12-2008, 07:26 AM
Poll: Constitution Revolution or 6/7/8

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118956

PauliticsPolitics
BUUUUT!
i HIGHLY RECCOMEND A RON PAUL ROAD TRIP.

SEE SOME OF THOSE OTHER STATES THAT WE ARE TRYING TO FREE.

rpfreedom08
Well there is a time to be scared and a time for action. I believe our leader has made a request and I think we should fallow it. If we think about it to much then the tendancy is to overthink and nothing gets done. I think we need to give rides, donate money, do what we need to do for the cause in order to make this a complete success.

Cooter
02-12-2008, 07:57 AM
hopefully people will get together get on grayhounds, pack into cars and split the cost of gas, or what ever it takes.

Slugg
02-12-2008, 07:59 AM
I really want to go to this but I'm all the way across country with about $20 in my hand and no job. I really hate the prospect of begging but maybe there could be a way to raise funds for people who need plane/train tickets and hotel stay? Not that we should give these people checks and trust them to be there, that'd be a really bad idea as we'd probably be bombarded by a bunch of thiefs.

I'm willing to work my ass off webdesigning and doing odd jobs to see how much I can make before May/June.

Right now I'm looking at about $1000 needed.

So any ideas on how us economically challenged get involved?

Project: Long Haul for Paul!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118985

wgadget
02-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Your stimulus fund check is on its way.

Agent CSL
02-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Your stimulus fund check is on its way.

Only to people who make more than $3000 a year. I made about 1/30th of that.

wgadget
02-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Hitch a ride with another Patriot from WA.

Agent CSL
02-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Hitch a ride with another Patriot from WA.

I'll see about that. Maybe a group of us can book a train or bus and go cross country together. Still requires money. :p

PauliticsPolitics
02-12-2008, 08:35 AM
I'll see about that. Maybe a group of us can book a train or bus and go cross country together. Still requires money. :p

you can stop in chicago and pick me up on the way.
again, i say, the money will find its way around.

Agent CSL
02-12-2008, 08:37 AM

Awesome. I have another friend in Chicago. Train seems the cheapest and best way at the moment. Plus no getting held by airport security. :p

limequat
02-12-2008, 08:39 AM

Agreed.
This doesn't have to be all that expensive either. Take a bus for $100. Carpool, charter a bus. Whatever it takes. I don't believe for a second that there isn't another RP supporter in Washington that wouldn't be glad for the company.

Bruno
02-12-2008, 08:40 AM

The good news is, there is time to raise the money. If you have time and the means, maybe a part time job to raise some extra cash?

Agent CSL
02-12-2008, 08:42 AM
The good news is, there is time to raise the money. If you have time and the means, maybe a part time job to raise some extra cash?

Gonna see if I can work my ass off and find people who need websites done. =]

killatop
02-12-2008, 08:58 AM
BUUUUT!
i HIGHLY RECCOMEND A RON PAUL ROAD TRIP.

SEE SOME OF THOSE OTHER STATES THAT WE ARE TRYING TO FREE.

This is the best way to go...

Try to line up people you can stay with(Ron Paul Supporters) in every state along the way...possibly those people letting you stay will sponser you and give you enough money to get to the next leg of the trip.

If you planned it well it would work out great for you.

Don't forget about the return trip.

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 09:04 AM

lmao! you be's hilarious.

I kinda have the same prob. I'd like to be there, and I'm going to try my hardest to get there....but geesh i'm already trying to save up to buy a car with an a/c by the summer(i live in phoenix, nuff said)and save for a new place...now this trip. eeeek! i'm guessing everyone will have at least 3 months to figure it out.

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Agent CSL:

Get to Des Moines and I'll make sure there's a spot for you on the Constitution Coach:

http://www.keaglefamily.com/constitutioncoach.1.html

How about starting a chip-in for people who need help?

matthylland
02-12-2008, 09:47 AM
everyone has to make a sacrifice. you have 3-4 months, can you get a job by then and start saving like crazy?
Can you pawn anything? Sell anything on EBAY? take a loan (well, maybe thats not a good idea).

be creative. Try to see if you can be a reporter for a internet news site and get some of it paid for.

sleep in your car. (thats what I plan on doing).

lots of ways you can do this. It is a sacrifice everyone will have to make in one way or another.

ItsTime
02-12-2008, 09:49 AM
the funniest thing I have seen in a long time :D

Bruno
02-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Agent CSL:

Get to Des Moines and I'll make sure there's a spot for you on the Constitution Coach:

Awesome bus and great to see you are from DM!

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Awesome bus and great to see you are from DM!

Are you part of the meetup group?

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Agent CSL:

Doesn't greyhound run a $99 anywhere deal or something still? Not exactly the lap of luxury and takes a bit longer.. but the time I took it was an "adventure".

I'd be for a chip in, but with this amount of people we have to come up with some way to determine where the money is really going. Don't want to chipin and have Hucks Army pocket it for moonshine money.

ConstitutionGal
02-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Okay folks, I do website design and just a few months ago I did one for a tour bus company here in middle-Tennessee. Anyway, I just gave them a call to see what rates for one of these is and he said ball-park for Nashville to D.C. (up one day, march the next and back on the way home that night) would be around $4,800. These buses hold 56 passengers so that's only about $86.00 per person to travel in a nice tour bus with bathrooms, reclining seats, etc. (you can see their buses at www.wisecoachesofnashville.com ). Thing is, there are tour bus companies all over the country and I'm thinking that all their rates are probably pretty competitive (depending on distance from D.C., of course). This might be a VERY effective mode of travel and it would appear to be MUCH cheaper than driving a car if the buses can be loaded with passengers and they all (or most of them) split the costs.

What say you?

ConstitutionGal
02-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Doesn't greyhound run a $99 anywhere deal or something still? Not exactly the lap of luxury and takes a bit longer.. but the time I took it was an "adventure".

I'd be for a chip in, but with this amount of people we have to come up with some way to determine where the money is really going. Don't want to chipin and have Hucks Army pocket it for moonshine money.

Sadly, Grayhoud stops in every little town they come near so a trip across several states could take days instead of hours. See my post above out private tour buses - they're even cheaper than Grayhound if we can get enough folks to sign on.

micahnelson
02-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Charter buses?

Bruno
02-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Are you part of the meetup group?

Check your inbox

amy31416
02-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Do you have any examples of your web design work? I may have a need for that sometime soon.

Thanks!

fedup100
02-12-2008, 10:34 AM
I think what we need to do is get everyone that has zero money or no ride to either make a website with a united states map that will pinpoint everyone that has signed up that has no ride and or money. This way if there are people that live close that don't mind giving rides then it will help out big time. This site will also have a widget for money raised for this fund and a donation button. We need to get creative about this and fast because we need everyone to go!

And /or those who financially can't go can be factored into the organizational efforts to get it off the ground. this is going to be a task logistically. I am no organizer, but it would seem we need to find an organizational leader. Then organize each state. We need to raise some funds maybe and BUS these people in.

Some could house people or feed people etc........

I have been so down the last few days, this video and his message KICKED ASS and is spot on as to what should be done. Now we need to Romney people do join us here, financially and in the March!!!

Agent CSL
02-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Do you have any examples of your web design work? I may have a need for that sometime soon.

Thanks!

http://www.sprankle2008.com/

Wireframes:
Edgeville (http://www.outerleap.net/portfolioimages/edgevillelayout2.png)
Mountainscape (http://www.outerleap.net/portfolioimages/Mountainscape.png)
MisticPets (Half wireframe) (http://www.outerleap.net/misticpets/misticpets.htm)