PDA

View Full Version : Project - Long Haul for Paul!

Slugg
02-12-2008, 06:14 AM
NOTE: If someone has started a project like this please let me know. I'll stop this and move to help that one.

Project: "Long Haul for Paul!"

ROUGH WEBSITE NOW UP-
http://www.longhaulforpaul.com

Original Post is Below:
Here's my idea. My wife, co-worker, and I cannot go to Washington regardless of the chosen date. I know there are many other's in the same situation. We really want a big turnout. My wife and I are willing to sponser at least one person with plane tickets to make it out to the March.

We are looking to provide as many tickets as possible from CA to Washington (D.C. :rolleyes:). For those of you on the west coast who cannot afford to get out there, we're doing our best to give you the means.

We have no intention of providing hotel (very limited funds), so pack a tent (or something).

I am calling on others who are willing to donate money and/or sponser someone to get out there.

We will spearhead this project, but we can't do it alone.

WHAT I NEED TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN:
-I need someone familiar with Chip-ins / PACs to assist me with making this happen. This person will not have to help with any legwork. I'll do the work, but I really need a guidline on how to funnel money from contributors to the recipients. This part is all new territory for me. This project is moving forward regardless, I'll figure it out of I have too.

-Ideas for how to deliver the tickets to the proper people. The last thing we want is to donate a ticket to someone who doesn't show. But we need to be fair.

-I should have a website up in a couple of days (by next Monday at the latest). Use this thread to toss ideas up for the site. Do we want applications? If so, what are we looking for? Etc....more brains are better than one....suggest away!

-Travel agents. If you're a travel agent (or know one), let's start talking. Hopefully we'll be raising enough money to buy many tickets....let's get 'em cheap.

- Video's. Once we have the site up and the chip in going; all you creative video editors should start making your awesome videos promoting the donations. We are shooting for as many people to get out there as possible; so we need to buy as many tickets as possible.

- Can we sticky this? I see people requesting sticky's daily, and I know it sucks to have a large list of stickies....but I hope we can get some real traction with this project and ronpaulforums is instrumental in the process. If not, I fully understand.

CURRENT STATUS**********************************I am going to try and update this section everyday so everyone is aware of what's going on.

At the moment I am securing the url and getting some server space donated. A very simple site should be up soon.

Web space secured, will see a page at new url with in 48 hours.
Sever space donated by a generous Wisconsin-ite
I am waiting until we've updated the DNS with the url before I put it out.

We will be creating the 'chip in' over the next couple of days.

Paypal account created. Chipin comming soon.
We will accept donations until one month prior to the march or the ticket prices reach $800.00 a piece. Which ever is first.

Stuckinthesand researching possible airlines and discount bulk rates.

Flights will be leaving from California. So those supporters in Cali and surrounding areas should have a possible means of transportation.
Bulk rates. We are looking to send no less than three people, average cost per person (as noted below) is about 500$. This number will go up the closer we get. Any money donated will go to sending more people. I would love to send more than 10!!

Once I've finished these, I'll start moving to implement your ideas. Once the url is secured, you all will be the first to know.
END CURRENT STATUS**********************************

Thank you all for reading this. It's time we take our energy to D.C. and make our presence known. This is historic and I am proud to be a part of it. I look forward to the day that ronpaulforums will be written about for all the great organization it's provided. Let's not lose hope!

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
-Albert Einstein

kotetu
02-12-2008, 07:15 AM
awesome idea and very generous! I want to go without fail, checking so far puts the cost at about $500 or more for a flight from Los Angeles and a hotel room. Depending on how much support you raise, do you have an idea of how much sponsoring per participant you would like to provide?

Agent CSL
02-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Good idea. :) I think you should definitely have an application and phone verification. Because you'll probably have a lot of people looking for quick cash.

The median price per person with hotel and flight looks about $800-900.
Flight is around $500 round.

(Yes I saw you said no plan to provide hotel but people should be aware they need to make $200 or so extra for a hotel. :p)

Slugg
02-12-2008, 08:16 AM
Good idea. :) I think you should definitely have an application and phone verification. Because you'll probably have a lot of people looking for quick cash.

The median price per person with hotel and flight looks about $800-900.
Flight is around $500 round.

(Yes I saw you said no plan to provide hotel but people should be aware they need to make $200 or so extra for a hotel. :p)

We will not be handing out cash, we will be booking tickets. All the person has to do is show up in time for the flight. Right now we are looking to leave CA the day before the march and leave D.C. the morning after the march.

BigRedBrent
02-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Poll: Constitution Revolution or 6/7/8

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118956

Slugg
02-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Shameless bump :(

Slugg
02-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Another bump...the site is "up"...still needs work. Thanks! :D