PDA

View Full Version : More than about RP?

Jeremy
02-12-2008, 05:50 AM
I think we could get more people if we go beyond RP as well. For example, I think we need to have a massive anti-REAL ID thing a part of it

Enzo
02-12-2008, 05:55 AM
The anti-war message should play a huge part in this.

75% of this entire country is against it.

280Z28
02-12-2008, 05:55 AM
I think we could get more people if we go beyond RP as well. For example, I think we need to have a massive anti-REAL ID thing a part of it

That's not beyond Ron Paul at all...

Kalash
02-12-2008, 05:56 AM
Anti-establishment?

http://new.revolutioni.st

If we go with the 7th - Lee Resolution - a submission to the people that we are FREE and will declare our independence from a criminal corrupt government that doesn't respect our rights?

Go read that...
Let me know what you think.
Sign it if you feel like it....

Airborn
02-12-2008, 05:56 AM
yes, this could also draw people to ron paul that are anti-war and don't know of Ron Paul if we can get the message out

Mini-Me
02-12-2008, 05:57 AM
As long as our march maintains a clear purpose (Ron Paul Revolution), this should certainly be advertised heavily in all antiwar and pro-civil liberties circles, and we should definitely make them feel welcome! They're really some of our biggest "target groups" for converts. Most of the "liberal" ones just don't understand yet how absolute Constitutional fidelity, fiscal conservatism, and overall small government go hand-in-hand with keeping the government from running rampant.

Jeremy
02-12-2008, 05:57 AM
That's not beyond Ron Paul at all...

By "beyond Ron Paul" I meant have other people join, not just RP supporters

280Z28
02-12-2008, 05:58 AM
This needs to be focused purely on core conservative GOP messages. We're trying to gain support of the Republican party, not make them all leave.

Edit: Real Constitutional conservatives, not this modern neocrap...

Airborn
02-12-2008, 06:00 AM
anyone is welcomed, I say. The message will be clear with many more holding up Ron Paul signs.

parocks
02-12-2008, 06:13 AM
As long as our march maintains a clear purpose (Ron Paul Revolution), this should certainly be advertised heavily in all antiwar and pro-civil liberties circles, and we should definitely make them feel welcome! They're really some of our biggest "target groups" for converts. Most of the "liberal" ones just don't understand yet how absolute Constitutional fidelity, fiscal conservatism, and overall small government go hand-in-hand with keeping the government from running rampant.

Well, I would've argued otherwise, provided we were trying to get votes.

I'm not really clear what the point of the march is, don't get me wrong, I'm in favor of it.

But the anti-war thing was something that helped us in some respects but didn't in others.

Who knows now?

If we want to make this a classic Anti-war, Gene McCarthy / George McGovern kinda thing.

How about Pro 2nd Amendment?

If there was some type of goal here, it would be easier to figure out what to do to accomplish the goal.

If the goal has anything to do with getting undecided Republicans to like Ron Paul, getting moveon types to march with Ron Paul might be counter productive.

I'm pretty sure that having flamboyant homosexuals joining the march would also be counter-productive.

In Louisiana, I think we know what the Republican mainstream stands for (PLPF).

Can we get some of those people in the march? (I'm basing this, again, on the assumption that this has something to do with the convention, and getting Republicans who are dissatisfied with McCain to look at Ron Paul in a positive light. My assumption is by no means necessarily correct)

parocks
02-12-2008, 06:14 AM
This needs to be focused purely on core conservative GOP messages. We're trying to gain support of the Republican party, not make them all leave.

Edit: Real Constitutional conservatives, not this modern neocrap...

Yeah!

I think that QFT applies here.

Mini-Me
02-12-2008, 06:28 AM
Well, I would've argued otherwise, provided we were trying to get votes.

I'm not really clear what the point of the march is, don't get me wrong, I'm in favor of it.

But the anti-war thing was something that helped us in some respects but didn't in others.

Who knows now?

If we want to make this a classic Anti-war, Gene McCarthy / George McGovern kinda thing.

How about Pro 2nd Amendment?

If there was some type of goal here, it would be easier to figure out what to do to accomplish the goal.

If the goal has anything to do with getting undecided Republicans to like Ron Paul, getting moveon types to march with Ron Paul might be counter productive.

I'm pretty sure that having flamboyant homosexuals joining the march would also be counter-productive.

In Louisiana, I think we know what the Republican mainstream stands for (PLPF).

Can we get some of those people in the march? (I'm basing this, again, on the assumption that this has something to do with the convention, and getting Republicans who are dissatisfied with McCain to look at Ron Paul in a positive light. My assumption is by no means necessarily correct)

Well, this is why I mentioned that we have to make sure we maintain the clear "Ron Paul Revolution" purpose of the march. In other words, we don't want any particular "pet issues" taking the spotlight away from our movement itself. We don't want to appear to be a generic "anti-war" march or anything like that. However, so long as these types are willing to be associated with the Ron Paul Revolution, I think anything to help our numbers is a positive thing. :)
As long as the Revolution isn't heavily diluted by some segregated hodgepodge of "antiwar types over here, Ron Paul people over there, civil liberties people in another corner, end the war on drugs people at the far end," I don't really see why our march would have any stereotypical "liberal" appearance that would turn off the conservative crowd. People carrying such "issues" signs that fit into our message will be simply taken as supporters with a particular focus on those specific issues.