PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Marching orders from our Constitution

ST0PandL00K
02-12-2008, 04:56 AM
When I heard Ron Paul mention a march, the first thing that came to mind was that incredible statement he made at that Fox debate that he did not take his marching orders from Al Qaeda but from the Constitution.

If we are taking our marching orders from Ron, and he takes them from the constitution then i believe the natural choice for any theme would be a peoples march to restore the constitution.

For one its popular. Who doesnt like the constitution.

Its also universal to alot of our issues. Instead of choosing the war, civil liberties, runaway executive power etc as the theme, the Constitution brings them all together and is the central component of Ron Paul's platform.

I believe it will be perfect for bringing attention to our candidate, because Ron Paul IS the champion of the Constitution but i also believe this theme would bring in a wide variety of dissatisfied people.

Someone give Dennis a call, he's riled up about the executive branch's departure from the Constitution with illegal wiretaps and undeclared wars etc

Someone call the 2nd amendment supporters concerned at efforts to regulate the right to bear arms.

Hell even call Obama's legions of anti war folks.

I have no opinion on what day it should be held but i think the theme should be centered on the Constitution and making those who depart from it accountable

Dutch
02-12-2008, 05:04 AM
Great idea.

There should be T-shirts "I take my marching orders from the constitution" that
everyone could wear on that day, ALSO those not attending because of various
reasons, to show solidarity on that day wherever they are!

Heck, even internationals could wear one in their respective countries!

Dutch

Dutch
02-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Bump, 2, 3, 4, bump, 2, 3, 4...

FreeTraveler
02-12-2008, 09:27 AM
BIG BUMP... Particularly for the "Restore the Constitution" Theme.

Let's get the GOA to spread the word that it's about Second Amendment Rights.

Get Screen Actors Guild to spread the word it's about First Amendment Rights.

"Restore the Constitution March" with speaker, Dr. Ron Paul!