PDA

View Full Version : Final thread on the GAY issue - READ!!

dax702
02-12-2008, 04:37 AM
As was said in the other thread, Paul has a lot of 9/11 truth seekers in his support base. It was well agreed that those people should not be voicing support for that on that day. Just as well, it shouldn't be a gay day or ________ fill in the blank day.

9/11 truth, being gay or lesbian, those are the results of what we are fighting for - FREEDOM. It's the broader message, not all the groups associated with it that the march is about.

Yes, everyone should be out in full force with Ron Paul signs and Constitutions, but we don't need to see any gay pride signs or 9/11 signs or anything along those group specific lines...

Agree???

statesman
02-12-2008, 04:38 AM
06-07-08 is much more marketable...

06-07-1776
THE DAY WE PROPOSED TO BECOME INDEPENDENT FROM ENGLAND
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Resolution

06/07/1893 - Gandhi's first act of civil disobedience.

literatim
02-12-2008, 04:39 AM
06-07-08 is much more marketable...

06-07-1776
THE DAY WE DECLARED TO BE INDEPENDENT FROM ENGLAND
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Resolution

06/07/1893 - Gandhi's first act of civil disobedience.

Don't you people understand that many of us will not go if it is on that date? I figured people wanted this thing to be as big as it possibly could be.

dax702
02-12-2008, 04:40 AM
The day doesn't matter, with exception of major holidays in which the media will attribute the crowd to. A massive group of diverse people all wanting the same thing is what matters.

dax702
02-12-2008, 04:41 AM
literatim, why?

ionlyknowy
02-12-2008, 04:42 AM
I cant believe some of you are Ron Paul supporters...

What if it was African American day, would you support that day?

Ron is about freedom for everyone, maybe we could get the gay people turned on to Ron (no pun intended) and increase our vote totals. They may even cause our numbers to swell in the march if they join us, so as it makes our march look larger that what we could have done on our own.

If you are fighting for freedom, then please start acting the part, because it seems to me that you enjoy and advocate censorship, manipulation, etc.

JonathanR
02-12-2008, 04:45 AM
We don't need to share the spotlight or compete for attention. We need our own day where the news anchors can't say "A Ron Paul rally in DC...and also its Gay Pride week in the nations capital, lots of people out making statements! A busy week for DC certainly....back to you Tom!"

dax702
02-12-2008, 04:45 AM
exactly, freedom means freedom. But we must first achieve that freedom and that is what the march is about it. It's NOT about any one group. The message of the march must be unified.

Airborn
02-12-2008, 04:46 AM
I cant believe some of you are Ron Paul supporters...

What if it was African American day, would you support that day?

Ron is about freedom for everyone, maybe we could get the gay people turned on to Ron (no pun intended) and increase our vote totals. They may even cause our numbers to swell in the march if they join us, so as it makes our march look larger that what we could have done on our own.

If you are fighting for freedom, then please start acting the part, because it seems to me that you enjoy and advocate censorship, manipulation, etc.

No I would let them have their day, wouldn't it be rude to have our rally on the same day? Plus we didn't want to get behind a holiday because od travel, hotel, ect same goes for the gay day. I respect them enough to let them have their day/week. plus we don't need anyone trying to take away our attention, you know how them drama queens can be, j/k all in fun :D

JonathanR
It may be about freedom, but Ron Paul himself also said its about MEDIA ATTENTION.

We can't afford to share it!

dax702
I agree with Jonathan on that... we should ALL know by now the mainstream media's tactics. They will look for ANY opportunity to play this huge event down.

Finn
02-12-2008, 04:47 AM
Don't you people understand that many of us will not go if it is on that date? I figured people wanted this thing to be as big as it possibly could be.
Well I don't know. Do we want homophobes there?

Honestly though, pick a date based on how we can get the most attention, not what any homophobe says.

Kalash
02-12-2008, 04:48 AM
The attention and competition is going to be on the 14th - the day between the 7th and 21st.

Those in opposition to the 7th out of personal bias and fear of competing presence aren't looking at things realistically.

Pride isn't that big to begin with - maybe 2,000 people or so.

And MANY of them only come out for the parade day and parties after.

If you're thinking about masses of homosexuals lined up EVERYWHERE on the 7th you're being naive.

It's just as likely that there will be lingering *****s on the streets on the 21st - many choosing to stay and support the candidate that stands up for their best interest.

This whole, "I can't go because of the GAYS!" thing is childish and silly.

And in direct opposition to the freedom that we supposedly stand for.

And I don't understand it at all :-/

Enzo
02-12-2008, 04:51 AM
The attention and competition is going to be on the 14th - the day between the 7th and 21st.

Those in opposition to the 7th out of personal bias and fear of competing presence aren't looking at things realistically.

And MANY of them only come out for the parade day and parties after.

If you're thinking about masses of homosexuals lined up EVERYWHERE on the 7th you're being naive.

It's just as likely that there will be lingering *****s on the streets on the 21st - many choosing to stay and support the candidate that stands up for their best interest.

This whole, "I can't go because of the GAYS!" thing is childish and silly.

And in direct opposition to the freedom that we supposedly stand for.

And I don't understand it at all :-/

+1
- .5 for the odd lingering *****s thing

Mini-Me
02-12-2008, 04:52 AM
I posted this in the June showdown thread, but apparently I need to mention it here as well:

Here's why 6-7-8 is a terrible idea:
No matter what our actual intentions, any coverage we get on those days will be 100% negative. If possible, the media will flat-out ignore us, because the gay pride events have been planned longer, are more well-established, and could potentially eclipse our own march. If our numbers are too huge to ignore, the media will instead spin our march as a "counterprotest of bigots," simply because they can. You guys should know this by now! Even though we know it is not, anti-gay people would loudly proclaim our march as a protest of the gay pride events, and we do not have the media voice to disassociate ourselves from these kind of views. Remember, Ron Paul took a publicity hit just because a few racists and anti-semites like David Duke like him, even though he finds their viewpoints disgusting and his message is completely different!

In other words, 6-7-8 would be a HUGE publicity mistake. If people like me on this board can recognize this, you'd better believe that the MSM will also see this and capitalize on it in every way they can. They will inevitably frame our march as hostile competition to the gay pride events, even though we all know very well that it is not.

Also, trying to "merge" with the gay pride events and "convert" people to Ron Paul by subverting their own event is political suicide. It won't work, and it will backfire. Let the gay pride people have their own events in peace, without any "interruptions or distractions," which is how many (even most) people would view a simultaneous march.

Remember: Perception is everything. That's the primary reason we're doing this march - it's not just so we can let off steam and feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Furthermore, to the people saying all schools get out in May:
Only colleges that are on the semesters system get out in May. Many are on the quarters system, and they get out in early June (I can't get to their academic calendar right now, but The Ohio State University is a good example). Furthermore, early June is very busy and hectic for them because of exams, graduation (for some), and packing up and moving back home.

June 21st is by far the best date all-around. Everyone is out of school, there's no baggage attached, it will be our own day to grab the spotlight, and it has great symbolic significance as the date the Constitution went into effect. If we pick June 21st, we will grab attention and pick up supporters. Even if the media tries to spin our march negatively, they will have far less ammo than if we pick another day - if we pick 6-7-8, the media will have a field day perverting the intentions of our march. The choice is clear.

Airborn
02-12-2008, 04:53 AM
... they have 200k showing up.... WE WANT THE ATTENTION in DC the day we are there, the same day has the gays and they will suck all that up...

wildflower
02-12-2008, 04:54 AM
And once again, MANY parents are not going to want to bring their kids to a gay festival. Not because they're homophobic but because it's inappropriate to see half-naked men doing obscene things in public when you have a 5 year old around.

Man, we must have far more crossover lefties here than I thought. People just aren't thinking.

Enzo
02-12-2008, 04:54 AM
And once again, MANY parents are not going to want to bring their kids to a gay festival. Not because they're homophobic but because it's inappropriate to see half-naked men doing obscene things in public when you have a 5 year old around.

Man, we must have far more crossover lefties here than I thought. People just aren't thinking.

No.. just human beings

Kalash
02-12-2008, 04:56 AM

You're talking about Parade day.

And that's it.

What MAJOR pride events are taking place on the 7th?

I want to know.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
02-12-2008, 08:22 AM
I think having the march during someone else's event is actually not a bad idea. EASY RECRUITING!!! When we tell them what we are marching for they will join us. Larger numbers! I guess some of you homophobes will simple have to grow up and realize in a Free state you take responsibility for yourself ONLY, not others. As for the media marginalizing us, if we show up in large enough numbers they won't be able to. WHY??? Because before we go we are going to tell every news organization in the U.S. Screw the MSM! Get your local reporters up there.

pinkmandy
02-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Look, if a chunk of RP supporters (very diverse people and it will take ALL of us) will not go during the gay thing then do it a different day or week or whatever. Not rocket science. We want EVERYONE to embrace the march, whether you agree with their personal views or not.