View Full Version : Action Alert: Olbermann

RCA
08-11-2007, 12:52 AM
Let's blitz the following email addresses requesting Ron Paul on Countdown:

viewerservices@msnbc.com
letters@msnbc.com
countdown@msnbc.com
KOlbermann@msnbc.com
dabrams@msnbc.com (Dan Abrams is now MSNBC's general manager)

Here is a copy of my email:

In the subject line it just said "Ron Paul".

Dear MSNBC,

I'm a big fan of your show "Countdown" with Keith Olbermann. I also am a big fan of Congressman Ron Paul who is running for President in 2008. Myself and many other thousand viewers would appreciate it if you invited Ron Paul to appear on "Countdown" sometime in the near future. Please remain my favorite media outlet!

Thanks from an avid viewer,
Ryan Adams

Will
08-11-2007, 01:12 AM
I couldn't do that - it would be a lie - I think that Olberman is one of this biggest assholes ever to be on TV.

Besides, his ratings are so low that it wouldn't help much.

RCA
08-11-2007, 01:13 AM
At least he is no neo-con and the ultimate goal is Ron Paul exposure!

Thom1776
08-11-2007, 01:25 AM
He's a Neo-Lib. And that "lib" is NOT short for Libertarian.

RCA
08-11-2007, 01:27 AM
C'mon guys, emails are free and take a few seconds regardless!

blazin_it_alwyz
08-11-2007, 01:30 AM
And how is Olbermann an asshole? He has blasted Bush, blasted Giuliani, and to me remains the only credible reporter, even reporting how we have lost all our constituional freedoms and amendments. Please explain why you would call Olbermann an asshole. To me he lines right under Ron Paul.

robatsu
08-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Olbermann is hard to peg. He is clearly against the "Establishment" in the form of GW Bush. But is that just because he is against the incompetent execution of neocon goals. When I listen to the guy, I tend to think, yeah , natural RP supporter, but my Spidey senses are tingling.

Hook
08-11-2007, 01:35 AM
Olbermann has a lot of good points, and some bad. Kind of like everyone. Mostly Olbermann sees things in black and white, but on the opposite side of the neo-cons. It blinds him to nuance of positions between the far left and far right.
I do enjoy his diatribes against Bush, but when he starts kissing liberal ass, I have to shut the tv off.

Shink
08-11-2007, 01:36 AM
Olbermann is a good guy. His show is great to watch. He speaks a lot of truth. Sure, he could acknowledge us more, but his channel is MOSTLY geared to a Dem audience. He even slams the Democrats. What more do you expect out of a news anchor these days? Less bias? More RP coverage? That's unfortunately a contradiction to what today's media stands for. The only things he's said that pissed me off were "baseball" and that opposing amnesty is really just hating Mexicans. Both are foolhardy to me, but I like him on just about everything else.

BenIsForRon
08-11-2007, 02:04 AM
Keith Olbermann is the only anchor on TV bringing honest news. I watch his show almost everyday, and he is very in tune with most of Ron Paul's principles. I totally agree with him on many things, like how America is becoming a police state and how Dick Cheney never intended on winning the war in Iraq because the longer we are in it, the more money he and his company make. Olbermann is definitely on our side, but he has flaws, and guess what, so does Ron Paul.

Oh yeah, and his show has some of the fastest growing ratings in cable news.

lapi7
08-11-2007, 02:05 AM
And how is Olbermann an asshole? He has blasted Bush, blasted Giuliani, and to me remains the only credible reporter, even reporting how we have lost all our constituional freedoms and amendments. Please explain why you would call Olbermann an asshole. To me he lines right under Ron Paul.

Sorry to disagree with you blazin but just because Olbermann balsts Bush and the establishment Neo-Con eliteists and appears to be on the side of truth by speaking out against these horrible things, DOES NOT mean he is on "our side" or that he approves of Dr. Paul"s message. He does not!

Olbermann is a dye in the wool Democrat...PEROID.
And for him NOBODY but a Democrat will suffice.

He is for big government.
He is for socialized medicine.
He is for amnesty for illegals.
He is for gun restriction laws
He is pro abortion.
He is for the rights of gay marriage.
He is for the IRS and higher taxes.

So be careful.
Just because a man speaks sincerely and SOUNDS like a friend dosen't mean he is...for Olbermann it is ultra liberal Democrat or nothing.

1000-points-of-fright
08-11-2007, 02:15 AM
He has his amusing moments but overall he's too angry and self-righteously indignant. "Goodnight and good luck?" Get your own catch phrase, jackhole. Edward R. Murrow you're not.

That being said, sure... why not get RP on his show. Can't hurt.

BuddyRey
08-11-2007, 03:03 AM
Way too much ideological bridge-burning happening on this thread. Guys, remember what RP says. The freedom message brings us TOGETHER. If I can be convinced to vote for a Republican, pretty much anyone can!

trispear
08-11-2007, 03:36 AM
He has his amusing moments but overall he's too angry and self-righteously indignant.

And Mike Gravel is better, more informative and more entertaining at it. Get Mike Gravel his own show!:D

blazin_it_alwyz
08-11-2007, 04:29 AM
Sorry to disagree with you blazin but just because Olbermann balsts Bush and the establishment Neo-Con eliteists and appears to be on the side of truth by speaking out against these horrible things, DOES NOT mean he is on "our side" or that he approves of Dr. Paul"s message. He does not!

He is pro abortion.

So be careful.
Just because a man speaks sincerely and SOUNDS like a friend dosen't mean he is...for Olbermann it is ultra liberal Democrat or nothing.

I don't see how Olbermann can be big government. The whole socialized medicine thing is kind of like a SiCKO thing, people just dont' realize how much better the free market can provide that. Amnesty for Illegals is just Olbermann trying to be nice, Gun restriction once again is one of those "I don't see how people can do without government" cries to help, Rights to gay marriage is a wolf in sheeps clothing as we all know, and most people are for the Irs because they merely don't know how else the US would function otherwise. Honestly I think these are all very small points in the big picture.

Compared to the other anchors, Olbermann is the only one with sense enough to press the tough questions. Come this election, if Olbermann is as smart as I think he is, he will blast the other candidates. He has already blasted Giuliani, Hillary is probably next. Olbermann is one of the only anchors I really respect, and all those issues are moot and can really be changed at any time, but Olbermann's core values are awesome. I don't know if you have watched most of his pieces, he is extremely intelligent. He isn't going to skew the facts, and he will probably lighten up a little to the Ron Paul camp.

Also the claim about big government is in direct conflict with some of his pieces so that kind of raises the question-ability of what you just said, I am just taking your word that all those things are true.

CJLauderdale4
08-11-2007, 05:05 AM
One good thing about Olbermann: he's not afraid to mention issues that other MSM outlets won't.

I think he was the only MSM anchor mentioning Habeas Corpus AT ALL when the whole screw-FISA and Military Tribunal laws were passed.

If you want balance to your Fox kool-aid, watch Olbermann. Problem is, you come out scratching your head after being spun right, then left.

Oh man, I'm dizzy!! Time to watch RP YouTube and get some real education!!

lapi7
08-11-2007, 05:59 AM
My original post was

He is pro abortion.

So be careful.

To which you replied

I don't see how Olbermann can be big government. The whole socialized medicine thing is kind of like a SiCKO thing, people just dont' realize how much better the free market can provide that. Amnesty for Illegals is just Olbermann trying to be nice, Gun restriction once again is one of those "I don't see how people can do without government" cries to help, Rights to gay marriage is a wolf in sheeps clothing as we all know, and most people are for the Irs because they merely don't know how else the US would function otherwise. Honestly I think these are all very small points in the big picture.

No offence intended blazen...we are both on the same side.
However, I don't understand how you can defend these things and label yourself a true Constitutionalist conservative.

Your views seem to be more in line with very liberal Democratic platforms...Dr. Paul does not align himself with these views...he is a conservative.

Either way, the very best to you and let's just keep supporting Dr. Paul's message and hope that he has a GREAT trurnout today!

V-rod
08-11-2007, 06:02 AM
I'd rather see Ron Paul on Hannity and Colmes, mainly for the Colmes!

RCA
08-11-2007, 07:13 AM
This thread has gotten off track, send emails!!!

Starks
08-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Keith Olbermann is the only anchor on TV bringing honest news. I watch his show almost everyday, and he is very in tune with most of Ron Paul's principles. I totally agree with him on many things, like how America is becoming a police state and how Dick Cheney never intended on winning the war in Iraq because the longer we are in it, the more money he and his company make. Olbermann is definitely on our side, but he has flaws, and guess what, so does Ron Paul.

Oh yeah, and his show has some of the fastest growing ratings in cable news.

I feel the same way... He's one of the few news anchors I deeply respect. He's not a talking suit like Wolf Blitzer or Chris Matthews, he knows how to connect with my liberal philosophy.

Olbermann ain't perfect but he's better than nothing.

angelatc
08-11-2007, 08:17 AM
That being said, sure... why not get RP on his show. Can't hurt.

Exactly. It's his audience we're tryinh to meet, not him.

liberatenyc
08-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Let's blitz the following email addresses requesting Ron Paul on Countdown:

viewerservices@msnbc.com
letters@msnbc.com
countdown@msnbc.com
KOlbermann@msnbc.com
dabrams@msnbc.com (Dan Abrams is now MSNBC's general manager)

Here is a copy of my email:

In the subject line it just said "Ron Paul".

Dear MSNBC,

I'm a big fan of your show "Countdown" with Keith Olbermann. I also am a big fan of Congressman Ron Paul who is running for President in 2008. Myself and many other thousand viewers would appreciate it if you invited Ron Paul to appear on "Countdown" sometime in the near future. Please remain my favorite media outlet!

Thanks from an avid viewer,
Ryan Adams

DONE! Great idea. We need more action items and less chatter on these forums. Nice work.

krott5333
08-11-2007, 10:19 AM
i emailed him..

Some of the special comments you've made on your show have really hit the nail on the head, and skip over all the feel-good BS that the other pundits say. Such comments are even featured on this rather moving Ron Paul video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfdB5OzlyQ

I really think you should have Congressman Paul on your show, he is the most amazing candidate I have ever encountered.
-Patrick Krott

BenIsForRon
08-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Olbermann is very smart he just doesn't understand how big government just doesn't work on things like medicine. But honestly guys, Kucinich's plan for a one-payer system of health care would be way better than what we have now, just not nearly as good as a free market system. So it's all relative. People like Olbermann see the corruption, the attacks on the constitution, etc. , they're just not up to speed with our view of how an economy should be handled.

I didn't email Olbermann because he and his staff probably wouldn't want to be seen as endorsing a certain candidate. He'll have him on sooner or later I'm sure.

And honestly, the reason a lot of liberals are scared of Ron Paul is because they are afraid of corporations gaining too much power in the absence of regulation, but in reality the only reason they are so powerful now is because of big government. So eventually I believe we'll see more liberals embracing the free market, but not until our economy and social programs start to fall apart.