PDA

View Full Version : 6/7/8 or Constitution Day

BigRedBrent
02-12-2008, 03:32 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T USE THIS POLL

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

================================================== ==========================

This poll has been replaced by this one:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118956

RonPaulFever
02-12-2008, 03:34 AM
There is already a "Constitution Day" on Sept. 17th, which is way too late. June 21st gets my vote hands down.

Kalash
02-12-2008, 03:36 AM
The original proposal for Independence was 6/7/1776

Without our independence, the constitution is meaningless.

We don't have independence now - Paul's stance on the drug laws, marriage laws, prostitution, gambling, the IRS, the Federal reserve...

We are OWNED.

We need to re-proclaim our independence.
The constitution is dead.
You cannot revive it without killing off the parasites that infected it to begin with...

statesman
02-12-2008, 03:38 AM
June 7th, 1893 - Gandhi's first act of civil disobedience.

06-07-08 is a marketable date... sure constitution day sounds nice but it is not nearly as marketable

we have to be able to sell the date to people.

Kalash
02-12-2008, 03:39 AM
June 7th, 1893 - Gandhi's first act of civil disobedience.

On top of the other stuff....

Ex Post Facto
02-12-2008, 03:45 AM
I'm split. We should do 6/21/08 just because the nature of what we intend the march to stand for.

On September 17, 1787, the final draft of the Constitution was signed by 39 delegates. The document was then sent to the states for ratification, and went into effect on June 21, 1788 when New Hampshire became the ninth state to ratify the Constitution.

But then, 6/7/8 is marketable.

Kalash
02-12-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm split. We should do 6/21/08 just because the nature of what we intend the march to stand for.

On September 17, 1787, the final draft of the Constitution was signed by 39 delegates. The document was then sent to the states for ratification, and went into effect on June 21, 1788 when New Hampshire became the ninth state to ratify the Constitution.

But then, 6/7/8 is marketable.

6/7/8 has historical revelvance too - from a year EARLIER in American history...

Come on...
It's not JUST the date...

READ WHAT I'M TYPING...

Please?

BigRedBrent
02-12-2008, 03:48 AM

DON'T USE THIS POLL

thegr8drronpaul
02-12-2008, 03:48 AM
Hey! this looks like one of Frank Luntz's polls! A bit biased I think!

colecrowe
02-12-2008, 03:54 AM
poll to the top

Dave Pedersen
02-12-2008, 04:01 AM
Is June 21 the first day of summer this year? I think more people can make plans for the kids farther into the month but really just so we finally agree on a date..

wildflower
02-12-2008, 04:07 AM
Is June 21 the first day of summer this year? I think more people can make plans for the kids farther into the month but really just so we finally agree on a date..

It's the longest day of the year. And yeah, ALL schools are out by then.

JohnnyWrath
02-12-2008, 04:11 AM
The Constitution, and what it means, is what has brought us all together at this moment.

Kalash
02-12-2008, 04:13 AM
The Constitution, and what it means, is what has brought us all together at this moment.

To unite under the idea of INDEPENDENCE AND PERSONAL LIBERTY - Ideas which were first proposed on 6/7/ 1776!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Resolution

Same America - Same historical value.

gct
02-12-2008, 04:22 AM
More discussion of the march date :

http://www.ronpaulmarch.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=62

Pledge your support at www.ronpaulmarch.com

wildflower
02-12-2008, 04:22 AM
What we ALL agree on is the constitution!!!

wildflower
02-12-2008, 05:05 AM
bttt

wildflower
02-12-2008, 06:32 AM
bump for the morning crew.

wildflower
02-12-2008, 07:27 AM
bump

BigRedBrent
02-12-2008, 07:31 AM

DON'T USE THIS POLL

ronpaul.in
02-12-2008, 07:44 AM
I voted for the 21st but after reading this thread if we want to appeal to the entire united states as a huge anti war march i would go with 06/07/08

BigRedBrent
02-12-2008, 07:47 AM

DON'T USE THIS POLL

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-12-2008, 08:20 AM
I like June 21. People will have enough time to plan and save up money for the trip, and we will have a massive showing. Also colleges and school have wrapped up for the season.....

And it's all about the CONSTITUTION!!

:D Go Ron Paul :D

expatinireland
02-12-2008, 08:21 AM
A date after schools are out for summer might not be the best plan.

Many people might be away for their summer vacation or have other family oriented events scheduled.

Memorial day might be an option.

Although I am not in the US we are tossing around the idea of having a supporting march here in Ireland but dates past early June run into conflicts with peoples summer plans.

In all likelihood the DC march will draw disproportionately from the eastern seaboard with supporting marches popping up in distant regions so a weekend before schools are out might draw a bigger crowd.

Correct me If I am wrong but if the March was scheduled for a 3:00 start on a Saturday, people up to about 1,000 miles away would have time to travel by bus to get to the event.

BigRedBrent
02-12-2008, 08:23 AM

DON'T USE THIS POLL