PDA

View Full Version : 06-07-08 Is A Marketable Date

statesman
02-12-2008, 03:30 AM
06-07-08 is much more marketable...

06-07-1776
THE DAY WE ACTUALLY DECLARED TO BECOME INDEPENDENT FROM ENGLAND
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Resolution

06/07/1893 - Gandhi's first act of civil disobedience.

face it.

http://washingtonrevolution.com/

We need to help this guy develop his site.

ionlyknowy
02-12-2008, 03:49 AM
face it.

http://washingtonrevolution.com/

We need to help this guy develop his site.

I think that people will remember it better.

That makes a huge difference

Kalash
02-12-2008, 03:51 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Resolution

come on...

It isn't just easy to remember.

HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE!

This is the push for the 21st....

The 6/7/8 has historical significance as well...

And it's WAY more in line with a revolution....

statesman
02-12-2008, 03:51 AM
Sure the constitution day sounds good to us because we're crazy about the constitution... but think about the masses.

06-07-08 will stick in peoples minds.

jlaker
02-12-2008, 04:02 AM
Sure the constitution day sounds good to us because we're crazy about the constitution... but think about the masses.

06-07-08 will stick in peoples minds.

HEAR, HEAR!

literatim
02-12-2008, 04:02 AM
I won't go.

affa
02-12-2008, 04:04 AM
Agreed - very memorable date.
Also isn't taken, so we can make it our own.
that said, i'd support either the 7th or 21st.

jlaker
02-12-2008, 04:04 AM
I won't go.

I wont go if it's on the 21st:eek:

Airborn
02-12-2008, 04:07 AM
lol why must we be divided? I don't care either way. 21st is looking better though, the 7th seems to be occupied.

JohnnyWrath
02-12-2008, 04:09 AM
What's the difference between 6,7,8 as our day, and sick little puppy dogs?

The media doesn't laugh their asses off at the puppies.

colecrowe
02-12-2008, 04:11 AM
Not uh! June 21st is a marketable date. and it's better. I win.

Kalash
02-12-2008, 04:12 AM
Not uh! June 21st is a marketable date. and it's better. I win.

But it's later than Ron Paul called for...

And it's not historically more significant than 6/7.

ionlyknowy
02-12-2008, 04:12 AM
lol why must we be divided? I don't care either way. 21st is looking better though, the 7th seems to be occupied.

It isn't a million gay march or anything.. it's a regular pride parade... I used to live in a highrise condo and the parade used to pass my place... it just happens in the month of June. Everywhere all over the US... every year. Nothing special.

The media wont be focused on that is what I am saying.

And we wont be around them.. so no need to be worried about it.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-12-2008, 04:13 AM
Are you going to six seventy eight?

Absolutely!

ionlyknowy
02-12-2008, 04:15 AM
What's the difference between 6,7,8 as our day, and sick little puppy dogs?

The media doesn't laugh their asses off at the puppies.

If you are going to be scared because the media might laugh at something, then you really shouldnt be supporting Ron Paul, cause they laugh at him all of the time.

It's like being scared of terrorist.... yeah, it may happen, but not likely.

They may also laugh at Constitution day, calling us Con. nuts.. as crazy as RP. They may even think it is a libertarian rally :P

statesman
the actual parade of the gay parade isn't until the 14th anyway... the 7th would be just fine.

colecrowe
I am not a homophobe (my spellcheck says it's 'homophone') for calling those guys idiots.

http://xs224.xs.to/xs224/08072/gay-pride-parade634.jpg

statesman
02-12-2008, 04:33 AM
bump

ionlyknowy
02-12-2008, 05:05 AM
bump

Mini-Me
02-12-2008, 05:06 AM
For the love of God....

Here's why 6-7-8 is a terrible idea:
No matter what our actual intentions, any coverage we get on those days will be 100% negative. If possible, the media will flat-out ignore us, because the gay pride events have been planned longer, are more well-established, and could potentially eclipse our own march. If our numbers are too huge to ignore, the media will instead spin our march as a "counterprotest of bigots," simply because they can. You guys should know this by now! Even though we know it is not, anti-gay people would loudly proclaim our march as a protest of the gay pride events, and we do not have the media voice to disassociate ourselves from these kind of views. Remember, Ron Paul took a publicity hit just because a few racists and anti-semites like David Duke like him, even though he finds their viewpoints disgusting and his message is completely different!

In other words, 6-7-8 would be a HUGE publicity mistake. If people like me on this board can recognize this, you'd better believe that the MSM will also see this and capitalize on it in every way they can. They will inevitably frame our march as hostile competition to the gay pride events, even though we all know very well that it is not.

Also, trying to "merge" with the gay pride events and "convert" people to Ron Paul by subverting their own event is political suicide. It won't work, and it will backfire. Let the gay pride people have their own events in peace, without any "interruptions or distractions," which is how many (even most) people would view a simultaneous march.

Remember: Perception is everything. That's the primary reason we're doing this march - it's not just so we can let off steam and feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Furthermore, to the people saying all schools get out in May:
Only colleges that are on the semesters system get out in May. Many are on the quarters system, and they get out in early June (I can't get to their academic calendar right now, but The Ohio State University is a good example). Furthermore, early June is very busy and hectic for them because of exams, graduation (for some), and packing up and moving back home.

June 21st is by far the best date all-around. Everyone is out of school, there's no baggage attached, it will be our own day to grab the spotlight, and it has great symbolic significance as the date the Constitution went into effect. If we pick June 21st, we will grab attention and pick up supporters. Even if the media tries to spin our march negatively, they will have far less ammo than if we pick another day - if we pick 6-7-8, the media will have a field day perverting the intentions of our march. The choice is clear.

mokkan88
02-12-2008, 05:07 AM
I won't be in Washington on the 7th one way or another due to prior engagements. Marketability is nothing. Set a date and people will come. But it should not be on the date of another organization.

statesman
02-12-2008, 05:08 AM
people are being mislead on this forum... the gay parade is on the 14th of June... they are not going to be prancing around 24hours for an entire week... just that day.

Mini-Me
02-12-2008, 05:10 AM
people are being mislead on this forum... the gay parade is on the 14th of June... they are not going to be prancing around 24hours for an entire week... just that day.

It doesn't matter! We'd still be setting a march in the middle of their own events, and we'd receive the same backlash regardless!

wildflower
02-12-2008, 05:10 AM

For the 20 trillionth time (please don't make us keep repeating it) we're not talking about the parade, there is a festival going on that whole WEEK and that Saturday will have events too!!! We don't need to be overshadowed, and as has been said tons of times, many parents WONT take their kids to DC that weekend! Give it a rest.