PDA

View Full Version : 6-7-8 vs 6/21 poll

Razmear
02-12-2008, 03:23 AM
No other options, if you don't care, then vote for both.

eb

colecrowe
02-12-2008, 03:23 AM
21st because of the BBQ (and the other thing)

Razmear
02-12-2008, 03:25 AM
I'll pack my own food and be there on either date, I just think we need our own day and not one linked to something else for a change. and 6-7-8 is catchy. (also the other thing is on the 14th).

eb

statesman
02-12-2008, 03:27 AM
who the hell cares about food... sure it'd be nice to have BBQ... but WE NEED TO HAVE A MARKETABLE DATE... 06-07-08 IS MARKETABLE.

lets have our own BBQ

colecrowe
02-12-2008, 03:28 AM
Hey this is cheating! We already had a poll and 6/7/8 won! It's over--quit whining.

BigRedBrent
02-12-2008, 03:29 AM
Same question here but with more information explained:

Poll: Constitution Revolution or 6/7/8

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118956

Kalash
02-12-2008, 03:30 AM
I think the 21st would be our own day since no one else celebrates it. If we don't give some kind of theme to it then we will not get as much enthusiasm as we would with such a great constitutional theme.

678 - original proposal of declaring independence from England.

That's not good enough for you?
Without our independence (i.e. sovereignty and RIGHTS) the constitution is meaningless.

Like it is right now...

G-Wohl
Hey this is cheating! We already had a poll and 6/7/8 won! It's over--quit whining.

We've had less than 3 hours! No poll made now is official - most supporters are likely still in bed and don't even know about this yet!

6-7-8 is great, but we need a day that doesn't coincide with the gay pride festival. Don't be stubborn - you must realize this fact.

thegr8drronpaul
I'm really torn.

Maybe we should talk more about the theme? (don't kill me)

Just saying ... if we're not all gung ho crazy on Constitution theme, then we don't nec. need to do it the 21st.

But if we for sure think that's the most important message, then it's necessary to do it then, I'd think.

bj72
02-12-2008, 03:31 AM
Check out the May 11th thread....if we go after then, we need to be prepared to try to shed media attention on anyone who might be denied travel from states objecting to Real ID. We should have a network set up to deal with this if it becomes a problem.

Razmear
02-12-2008, 03:31 AM
The Gay Pride Parade is on the 14th, the rest of the week is just them 'getting to know each other'.

eb

literatim
02-12-2008, 03:32 AM
Check out the May 11th thread....if we go after then, we need to be prepared to try to shed media attention on anyone who might be denied travel from states objecting to Real ID. We should have a network set up to deal with this if it becomes a problem.

The Real ID is not being implemented this year.

JohnnyWrath
02-12-2008, 03:35 AM
123, or 678....lol

I voted for the 21st, the day the Constitution of the United States became legal law of the land...the day sums up everything this revolution and Ron Paul stand for.

KauseOfAction
02-12-2008, 03:36 AM
The Gay Pride Parade is on the 14th, the rest of the week is just them 'getting to know each other'.

eb

Thank you... sheesh.

Airborn
02-12-2008, 03:36 AM

eb

right, thats where the real party is, thats why we need 678 :p

Kalash
02-12-2008, 03:37 AM
123, or 678....lol

I voted for the 21st, the day the Constitution of the United States became legal law of the land...the day sums up everything this revolution and Ron Paul stand for.

So does 678 - the day that the idea of Declaring Independence was brought to the continental congress in 1776.
July 4th is great and all - but 6/7/1776 was the beginning.

That we'll begin on 678... and carry through until our Independence and Freedom are won back from those oppressing us...

That's more powerful than, "Give me back my piece of paper!!!"

bj72
02-12-2008, 03:40 AM
The Real ID is not being implemented this year.

That's not what the DHS website currently says....take a look, only a portion of it isn't being implemented. Non-compliant states that have not requested extensions may not be able to travel it looks like...or will have delays at a minimum. Kinda says two different things there...

http://www.dhs.gov/xprevprot/programs/gc_1172767635686.shtm

What will be the impact on individual citizens of non-compliant States?

Per the REAL ID Act, beginning on May 11, 2008, citizens of States that are not REAL ID compliant may not use their driver’s licenses or identification cards for official federal purposes such as boarding federally regulated commercial aircraft or accessing federal or nuclear facilities. If these citizens do not have other acceptable forms of identification (e.g., a U.S. passport), they may suffer delays due to the requirement for enhanced security screening. REAL ID-compliant States are those that have both requested and obtained an extension of the compliance date from DHS, or have been determined by DHS to be in compliance with the Act and the final rule.

Razmear
02-12-2008, 03:51 AM
6-7-8-Bump

eb

skeet
02-12-2008, 03:55 AM
678 is a gay date
621 bbq and fun
jk - ok now I'm getting stupid.

621 would be a much larger event and one Ron would like alot.

Razmear
02-12-2008, 04:01 AM
Either date will be as large as we make it happen. I don't think anyone is not going to show up just because of the date (except one stubborn homophobic poster).
I'll be their on either date, I'd just prefer a date that stands alone as a date we are going to march in support of Ron Paul's ideas, not one that is tied to any other historical event.

eb

colecrowe
02-12-2008, 04:17 AM
polls getting buried

wildflower
02-12-2008, 04:21 AM
bump!

Razmear
02-12-2008, 04:34 AM
678 Bump

Razmear
02-12-2008, 04:54 AM
Almost 50-50 now.

Please keep this poll bumped for the morning crew.

eb

Razmear
02-12-2008, 05:11 AM
Bump, and thanks to the mod for removing that BS Pic.

eb

BigRedBrent
02-12-2008, 05:13 AM
Constitution Revolution or 6/7/8

Razmear
02-12-2008, 05:29 AM
bump
20 678
21 621

Razmear
02-12-2008, 06:21 AM
bump

statesman
02-12-2008, 06:58 AM
6-7-8 is the closest free day where many people can make it (school) ... and where there isn't an event going already going on.

it's catchy... people will remember it... and it does have historical significance.

wildflower
02-12-2008, 07:02 AM
6-7-8 is the closest free day where many people can make it (school) ... and where there isn't an event going already going on.

it's catchy... people will remember it... and it does have historical significance.

What? lol Some people have said on this forum that not all schools are out by the 7th. Also, there IS a big event going on that whole week, it's Gay pride week!!

Everyone is out of school by the 21st. The day the constitution was legalized, it's much better!!

Onyx
02-12-2008, 07:10 AM
Here's why 6-7-8 is a terrible idea:
No matter what our actual intentions, any coverage we get on those days will be 100% negative. If possible, the media will flat-out ignore us, because the gay pride events have been planned longer, are more well-established, and could potentially eclipse our own march. If our numbers are too huge to ignore, the media will instead spin our march as a "counterprotest of bigots," simply because they can. You guys should know this by now! Even though we know it is not, anti-gay people would loudly proclaim our march as a protest of the gay pride events, and we do not have the media voice to disassociate ourselves from these kind of views. Remember, Ron Paul took a publicity hit just because a few racists and anti-semites like David Duke like him, even though he finds their viewpoints disgusting and his message is completely different!

In other words, 6-7-8 would be a HUGE publicity mistake. If people like me on this board can recognize this, you'd better believe that the MSM will also see this and capitalize on it in every way they can. They will inevitably frame our march as hostile competition to the gay pride events, even though we all know very well that it is not.

Also, trying to "merge" with the gay pride events and "convert" people to Ron Paul by subverting their own event is political suicide. It won't work, and it will backfire. Let the gay pride people have their own events in peace, without any "interruptions or distractions," which is how many (even most) people would view a simultaneous march.

Remember: Perception is everything. That's the primary reason we're doing this march - it's not just so we can let off steam and feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Furthermore, to the people saying all schools get out in May:
Only colleges that are on the semesters system get out in May. Many are on the quarters system, and they get out in early June (I can't get to their academic calendar right now, but The Ohio State University is a good example). Furthermore, early June is very busy and hectic for them because of exams, graduation (for some), and packing up and moving back home.

June 21st is by far the best date all-around. Everyone is out of school, there's no baggage attached, it will be our own day to grab the spotlight, and it has great symbolic significance as the date the Constitution went into effect. If we pick June 21st, we will grab attention and pick up supporters. Even if the media tries to spin our march negatively, they will have far less ammo than if we pick another day - if we pick 6-7-8, the media will have a field day perverting the intentions of our march. The choice is clear.

statesman
02-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Here's why 6-7-8 is a terrible idea:
No matter what our actual intentions, any coverage we get on those days will be 100% negative. If possible, the media will flat-out ignore us, because the gay pride events have been planned longer, are more well-established, and could potentially eclipse our own march. If our numbers are too huge to ignore, the media will instead spin our march as a "counterprotest of bigots," simply because they can. You guys should know this by now! Even though we know it is not, anti-gay people would loudly proclaim our march as a protest of the gay pride events, and we do not have the media voice to disassociate ourselves from these kind of views. Remember, Ron Paul took a publicity hit just because a few racists and anti-semites like David Duke like him, even though he finds their viewpoints disgusting and his message is completely different!

In other words, 6-7-8 would be a HUGE publicity mistake. If people like me on this board can recognize this, you'd better believe that the MSM will also see this and capitalize on it in every way they can. They will inevitably frame our march as hostile competition to the gay pride events, even though we all know very well that it is not.

Also, trying to "merge" with the gay pride events and "convert" people to Ron Paul by subverting their own event is political suicide. It won't work, and it will backfire. Let the gay pride people have their own events in peace, without any "interruptions or distractions," which is how many (even most) people would view a simultaneous march.

Remember: Perception is everything. That's the primary reason we're doing this march - it's not just so we can let off steam and feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Furthermore, to the people saying all schools get out in May:
Only colleges that are on the semesters system get out in May. Many are on the quarters system, and they get out in early June (I can't get to their academic calendar right now, but The Ohio State University is a good example). Furthermore, early June is very busy and hectic for them because of exams, graduation (for some), and packing up and moving back home.

June 21st is by far the best date all-around. Everyone is out of school, there's no baggage attached, it will be our own day to grab the spotlight, and it has great symbolic significance as the date the Constitution went into effect. If we pick June 21st, we will grab attention and pick up supporters. Even if the media tries to spin our march negatively, they will have far less ammo than if we pick another day - if we pick 6-7-8, the media will have a field day perverting the intentions of our march. The choice is clear.

if we make sure we state what our cause is... they have no reason to misreport.

what you don't understand is... they (the gays) won't be on the streets until the 14th... they won't be on the streets on the 7th

statesman
02-12-2008, 07:14 AM
I repeat: there will be nobody on the street on the 7th of June

pappy
02-12-2008, 07:19 AM
Not for either. Can see positives in both.

7th --- better to march then, than on the 14th when the big gay pride march occurs. Would be a great weekend to spread the freedom message to a concentrated group of those with little current home in the GOP.

21st --- selfish --- I would have no problems being around 100,000 people cooking barbeque. Plus alot of this group would be relatively conservative I bet.

rpfreedom08
02-12-2008, 07:23 AM
the 29th is my birthday so the 21st would be the best bday present ever! :)

PauliticsPolitics
02-12-2008, 07:24 AM
i think getting a permit on a day already take won't happen.

debbie53
02-12-2008, 07:27 AM
The MSM WILL misreport, if there is any possible way to do so. Remember, they don't want people to see Ron Paul in a favorable light.

The 21st symbolizes what Dr. Paul stands for. Additionally, the end of the school year can be hectic for students and parents alike. I think that all schools are closed by the 21st, so families could bring along their school aged children for a lesson in freedom, if they choose.

BigRedBrent
02-12-2008, 07:28 AM
This poll does not include any reference information in the options.
I prefer people to at least know the significance of the dates when they vote.

Poll: Constitution Revolution or 6/7/8

wildflower
02-12-2008, 07:29 AM
The MSM WILL misreport, if there is any possible way to do so. Remember, they don't want people to see Ron Paul in a favorable light.

The 21st symbolizes what Dr. Paul stands for. Additionally, the end of the school year can be hectic for students and parents alike. I think that all schools are closed by the 21st, so families could bring along their school aged children for a lesson in freedom, if they choose.

QFT (I don't know why some people are so stuck on the 7th) I've read at least 3 or 4 people who have said their school isn't out yet then..

roshi
02-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Oh this is really cool.. I graduate on 6/6 and then off to washington. I don't think I can make it on 6/7.

wildflower
02-12-2008, 08:01 AM
No! Not 6/7 because that's the day I graduate! >_>

There probably will be a lot of graduations on that day. Please let the others know, because you're not the only one who has said they can't make it on the 7th because they're still in school.

some people are being really stubborn about the 7th, but the 21st is a better day all around!!!

Razmear
02-12-2008, 12:50 PM
waking up bump