PDA

View Full Version : June Showdown! 7th? or 21st?

hueylong
02-12-2008, 03:20 AM
What is the verdict? The 7th -- or the 21st?

RonPaulFever
21st all the way, baby

IT'S THE CONSTITUTION, STUPID! :)

Razmear
6-7-8

colecrowe
02-12-2008, 03:21 AM
Ribs!

I love skeet's idea for the June 21, 1788 (http://www.brainyhistory.com/events/1788/june_21_1788_44185.html) U.S. Constitution goes into effect as New Hampshire is 9th to ratify.

Ratification of the Constitution.

A Constitution March on Sat., Jun 21, 2008!

get this movie!:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41BSBAEYV0L._AA240_.jpg

A MORE PERFECT UNION: AMERICA BECOMES A NATION

http://www.amazon.com/MORE-PERFECT-UNION-AMERICA-BECOMES/dp/B000LLULI4

For an earlier one if that one is too late:

May 25, The day the Constitutional Convention Convened!: (a Sunday--the day before Memorial Day Holiday): May 25, 1787 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1787) - In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia%2C_Pennsylvania), delegates convene a Constitutional Convention (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Convention) to write a new Constitution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution) for the United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States). George Washington (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington) presides.

It's more than 90 days away. It's in the middle of a three day weekend, but not on a holiday. It's about the Constitution--about taking the first step in creating it. It's after the kids are out of college.

G-Wohl
I say 21st. We can't afford to have this message shared with another event. Sadly, there are too many supporters and enemies alike that will despise the collision of the gay pride festival and the march.

We need our own day.

statesman
06-07-08

thegr8drronpaul
Who's in contact with HQ???

I know we don't need their approval, but if we want Ron, we need to discuss before going crazy with plans.

THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wildflower
02-12-2008, 03:22 AM
21st!!

All schools are out by then, some schools aren't out on the 7th.

and BBQ!!! :D

hueylong
We need to distill the idea -- HQ reads this forum, remember?

dax702
gays or BBQ? I say BBQ !

RonPaulFever
Someone please explain the significance of 6-7-8 other than the numerical sequence, and also why it trumps the date of the ratification of the Constitution.

Energy
I initially jumped on 6/7/08 but June 21 Constitution Day is looking like a sweet deal.

Lots of potential for educational reminders of what the Constitution stands
for, what led up to it, the sacrifices, PASSING OUT THE CONSTITUTION,
promotional materials with the Constitution, etc.

literatim
I refuse to go on June 7th, so naturally I say June 21st.

Airborn
02-12-2008, 03:23 AM
put up a poll, and this thread should be the official decider thread. Because 7th and the 21st are both on saturday and in the summer.

colecrowe
02-12-2008, 03:23 AM
06-07-08

fine, you win.

thegr8drronpaul
02-12-2008, 03:24 AM
btw, off the topic, but have you looked at donations??????????????

NOT good :(

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/best_days.html

skeet
02-12-2008, 03:34 AM
Wow you guys have taken this and run with it. Woo Hoo!

Ron mentioned in his video that we need to make a statement.. al la lots of people.

We can draw more people with the 21st date because of the Constitution. Even people outside of the revolution. We must remind our leaders to follow the rule of law and re-commit to defending the Constitution.
It is like when two people have been married for a long time - they sometimes need to re-commit to their vows.

We can make this happen.
The 687 date is marketable, but I don't think it will draw as many people. the 21st would appeal to a much larger group. Possibly millions verses hundreds of thousands. Hell even Willie Nelson would play for the Constitution.
Willie and BBQ would be very cool. lol

sidsquidrick
02-12-2008, 03:35 AM
Wow you guys have taken this and run with it. Woo Hoo!

Ron mentioned in his video that we need to make a statement.. al la lots of people.

We can draw more people with the 21st date because of the Constitution. Even people outside of the revolution. We must remind our leaders to follow the rule of law and re-commit to defending the Constitution.
It is like when two people have been married for a long time - they sometimes need to re-commit to their vows.

We can make this happen.
The 687 date is marketable, but I don't think it will draw as many people. the 21st would appeal to a much larger group. Possibly millions verses hundreds of thousands. Hell even Willie Nelson would play for the Constitution.
Willie and BBQ would be very cool. lol

score for the 21sters.....678ers try to think of something else that rhymes with 678...

darkdruid
02-12-2008, 03:38 AM
I don't really care. Someone should let me know so I can change it here: http://washingtonrevolution.com/
lol. I will check back in the morning folks.

Kalash
02-12-2008, 03:42 AM
Someone please explain the significance of 6-7-8 other than the numerical sequence, and also why it trumps the date of the ratification of the Constitution.

The Initial Proposal of Declaring Independence. We need to RE-PROCLAIM our independence NOW - from the international bankers... from the GOP and Democratic parties that have possessed our nation and seized our rights - converted them into privileges and licensed them back to what were ONCE a free people.
The date of the Lee Resolution - the precursor to the Declaration of Independence...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Resolution

It was also the date of Ghandi's first act of civil disobedience.

Razmear
02-12-2008, 03:42 AM
score for the 21sters.....678ers try to think of something else that rhymes with 678...

6-7-8, We're F--ing Irate

6-7-8, Liberty is Great. 7-8-9 Freedom is Mighty Fine

6-7-8, You can escape your Fate

6-7-8, Taxes we don't appreciate.

6 & 7/8th was also Curly's hat size on the Three Stooges :D

eb

sidsquidrick
02-12-2008, 03:44 AM

eb

:D Nice....21sters? You going to let that ride?

literatim
02-12-2008, 03:44 AM
I am not budging on the fact that I will never attend it if it is June 7th. Are you prepared to lose a good portion of the movement because of the stupid date you want?

Kalash
02-12-2008, 03:45 AM

eb

Initial proposal to the continental congress to declare independence.....

Why do you people keep skipping over this one?

True American Historical relevance...

Really easy to play on.

We want to PROPOSE to the PEOPLE that we reclaim our liberty - in defiance of a corrupt and criminal government.

http://new.revolutioni.st - I already have a 2nd Declaration of Independence...
Or - a new "Lee Resolution" - drafted...

It's rough, but a start.

You can't tinker with the constitution.
It is what it is.
And it's DEAD.

ionlyknowy
02-12-2008, 03:45 AM
21st!!

All schools are out by then, some schools aren't out on the 7th.

and BBQ!!! :D

OK why dont you link me to the websites of ALL of these schools that arent out by the 7th of June. I have been looking at college websites at their academic calendars and NONE of them let out Past May 20th.

You keep posting about the gay pride thing and the schools not letting out...

All to mislead to get your way.. I just checked your past posts and you have posted this same BS about 7 times now.

STOP, I will follow you until you stop..

Kalash
02-12-2008, 03:46 AM
I am not budging on the fact that I will never attend it if it is June 7th. Are you prepared to lose a good portion of the movement because of the stupid date you want?

State your reasons.

Airborn
02-12-2008, 03:47 AM

lol don't worry they are harmless :D But I;m starting to like this 21st idea a lil more, BBQ!

sidsquidrick
02-12-2008, 03:48 AM
State your reasons.

He already did....he doesn't own a pink t-shirt or a Volvo.

:D

hueylong
02-12-2008, 03:48 AM
hard to argue with 6/21 -- the day the constitution was ratified....

Kalash
02-12-2008, 03:49 AM
He already did....he doesn't own a pink t-shirt or a Volvo.

:D

I thought that was the 14th?

And - individual liberty.

Get on board, or get out.

If you can't handle being exposed to differing viewpoints, you're part of the wrong revolution.

Kalash
02-12-2008, 03:50 AM
hard to argue with 6/21 -- the day the constitution was ratified....

I think it's easy...

6/7/1776 - the day that the idea of becoming independent was proposed (the Lee Resolution... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Resolution ) to the Continental Congress....

sidsquidrick
02-12-2008, 03:51 AM

If you can't handle being exposed to differing viewpoints, you're part of the wrong revolution.

It is, but homophobes think that the week before is when the pink t-shirts come out....naw...he is not a homophobe...but I do understand his position...the PARADE is on the 14th, but if the event starts the 6th, there will still be plenty going on that weeking that is pink. ;)

literatim
02-12-2008, 03:52 AM

The parade is only apart of a festival which is taking place on June 7th.

They can do whatever the hell they want, but I don't want to be near them when they do it.

jlaker
02-12-2008, 03:52 AM
06-07-08

sidsquidrick
02-12-2008, 03:53 AM
06-07-08

Flag on the field!! Bold font!

Kalash
02-12-2008, 03:54 AM
It is, but homophobes think that the week before is when the pink t-shirts come out....naw...he is not a homophobe...but I do understand his position...the PARADE is on the 14th, but if the event starts the 6th, there will still be plenty going on that weeking that is pink. ;)

I still stand by what I said...

This is the wrong revolution if you want to limit yourself to exposure to only ideas you agree with.

Once we regain freedom of expression and freedom of speech, that guy isn't gonna be happy.

Ron Paul is strong on gay rights (er... sort of. by eliminating state sponsored straight PRIVILEGES).

That's a whole group of people gathered that would LOVE the message.

If fear of being hit on scares you away, we should tell you about the thoughts of assassination and mass execution at the hands of our criminal government ;)

Kalash
02-12-2008, 03:55 AM
Flag on the field!! Bold font!

What about the bold font citing the historical significance of 678?

Why can't anyone quote that???

Razmear
02-12-2008, 03:56 AM
I thought gays were like 5 to 10% of the population, we should be trying to educate them about Ron Paul, not hiding in a homophobic closet.

eb
6-7-8

statesman
We need to appeal to the masses... 06-07-08 is a marketable day that will stick in peoples head.

sidsquidrick
What about the bold font citing the historical significance of 678?

Why can't anyone quote that???

It was a meaningless quote...like the other 500 threads here tonight.

literatim
02-12-2008, 03:57 AM
Kalash, so you don't support my right to not like what they do? Hypocrite.

Kalash
02-12-2008, 04:04 AM
Kalash, so you don't support my right to not like what they do? Hypocrite.

I support your right to disapprove - and to decide not to head out into the masses...

But you're not thinking clearly here...

Because the whole individual liberty thing will come around...

Tolerance is the first thing EVERYONE has to learn.

There can't be any of this silly suing someone because they made a christian/atheist remark around their atheist/christian kids...

There can't be any, "I'm not going into public because I might see something I don't like..."

Tolerance is vital to personal liberty.

You don't have to approve - and you can be vocal about your disapproval - that is your right...
But you do NOT have a right to seal others behind doors and lock them away - just because they don't do something you want them to do...

This is the current belief system we're trying to buck off.

If you decide - personally - to stay at home, that's fine.
But it shouldn't be that big of an issue if you truly value freedom.

I'm sure there are things you do that some gay people wouldn't approve of.

Should they have the right to lock you up so they don't have to be around you?

Senseless racism/sexism/sexualism/etc....

And irrational fear need to be eliminated.

You'll only conquer your fears by facing them.
Locking them up or burning them at the stake (like they did in Salem) will only increase the fear and insanity.

hueylong
02-12-2008, 04:06 AM
June 21st is looking better and better.

Kalash
02-12-2008, 04:07 AM
Making being gay in public an arrestable offense doesn't work either.

Just like the drug war, you drive it underground - to unregulated places...

And it is a direct violation of the personal liberty of every gay person.

It's not me being hypocritical...

It's you being oxy-moronic - by supporting a movement to increase personal liberty while seeking to evade those that practice personal liberty.

affa
02-12-2008, 04:14 AM
wow. i finally find out why people don't like 678 and this is it?
jeez.

guess what - we're a BIG tent. there are radicals of all sizes, shapes, colors, and yes, sexual preferences in our movement. there are long time dems and long time republicans, and plenty of 'none of the abovers'. truthers, and i'm sure, quite a few liars.

both dates are great. i don't think a little overlap with some other festival should matter, and i don't really think 1 person insisting they won't go to one of the dates should affect the discussion.

i'll go to either. period.

this is about Dr. Ron Paul.

literatim
02-12-2008, 04:16 AM
Tolerance is the first thing EVERYONE has to learn.

Sorry, I don't have to be tolerant of anything.

Kalash
02-12-2008, 04:18 AM
Sorry, I don't have to be tolerant of anything.

So what happens when my boyfriend and I are making out on the street corner and you see us?

Do you get some bats and start swinging?

Same thing with muslims?

If you aren't going to be tolerant - how can you support a free, individually based, diverse society?

That's all I'm trying to figure out here.
You don't have to approve - but you can't expect to live a sheltered life.

literatim
02-12-2008, 04:19 AM
So what happens when my boyfriend and I are making out on the street corner and you see us?

I look at you in disgust and go the opposite direction.

Kalash
02-12-2008, 04:22 AM
I look at you in disgust and go the opposite direction.

Acceptable.

I suppose.

I just see the gates of inhibition being thrown wide open once everyone is afforded equal protections under the laws.

I'm just afraid you'll be exposed to more than you're bargaining for by pitching your tent in Ron Paul's camp.

I thrive on diversity.
I love picking out the differences between me and other people... exploring them - and learning all I can about both sides of things.

I'm just wondering what drives you to remain isolated from everything that's different.
It intrigues me.

Razmear
02-12-2008, 04:23 AM
In Orwell's 1984 the Revolution could not be won without the Proletariat, perhaps in 2008 it can not be won without the Gays, Muslims and every other freedom loving human being on the planet.
If the uber-cons are so afraid of gays, then all the more reason to recruit them into the big RP Tent.

eb

Kalash
02-12-2008, 04:26 AM
In Orwell's 1984 the Revolution could not be won without the Proletariat, perhaps in 2008 it can not be won without the Gays, Muslims and every other freedom loving human being on the planet.
If the uber-cons are so afraid of gays, then all the more reason to recruit them into the big RP Tent.

eb

Ron Paul is also the strongest gay equality candidate.

No more straight specific privileges!!!
No more REASON for the marriage license.

Gay marriage isn't illegal - it happens all the time in churches that agree to perform the ceremonies.

It simply isn't legally recognized.
Paul wants to give the power to issue marriage licenses to the states - but eliminate all the federal privileges such license grant... eliminating the need for the state's participation in a private matter between two consenting adults.

This would be an easy win for recruitment.

And the gay society is close.

If you convert 50% of the gays in D.C. to Paul, 50% or more of the rest of the gay part of the nation will join in - ONCE they understand his ANTI-GAY RIGHTS position as a POSITIVE for the gay community....

hueylong
02-12-2008, 04:28 AM
Stop with the gay stuff, huh? The 21st is CLEARLY better... It's the day the Constitution became law.

ToyBoat
02-12-2008, 04:31 AM
Done! the 21st it is - lets do it!

Mini-Me
02-12-2008, 04:38 AM
Here's why 6-7-8 is a terrible idea:
No matter what our actual intentions, any coverage we get on those days will be 100% negative. If possible, the media will flat-out ignore us, because the gay pride events have been planned longer, are more well-established, and could potentially eclipse our own march. If our numbers are too huge to ignore, the media will instead spin our march as a "counterprotest of bigots," simply because they can. You guys should know this by now! Even though we know it is not, anti-gay people would loudly proclaim our march as a protest of the gay pride events, and we do not have the media voice to disassociate ourselves from these kind of views. Remember, Ron Paul took a publicity hit just because a few racists and anti-semites like David Duke like him, even though he finds their viewpoints disgusting and his message is completely different!

In other words, 6-7-8 would be a HUGE publicity mistake. If people like me on this board can recognize this, you'd better believe that the MSM will also see this and capitalize on it in every way they can. They will inevitably frame our march as hostile competition to the gay pride events, even though we all know very well that it is not.

Also, trying to "merge" with the gay pride events and "convert" people to Ron Paul by subverting their own event is political suicide. It won't work, and it will backfire. Let the gay pride people have their own events in peace, without any "interruptions or distractions," which is how many (even most) people would view a simultaneous march.

Remember: Perception is everything. That's the primary reason we're doing this march - it's not just so we can let off steam and feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Furthermore, to the people saying all schools get out in May:
Only colleges that are on the semesters system get out in May. Many are on the quarters system, and they get out in early June (I can't get to their academic calendar right now, but The Ohio State University is a good example). Furthermore, early June is very busy and hectic for them because of exams, graduation (for some), and packing up and moving back home.

June 21st is by far the best date all-around. Everyone is out of school, there's no baggage attached, it will be our own day to grab the spotlight, and it has great symbolic significance as the date the Constitution went into effect. If we pick June 21st, we will grab attention and pick up supporters. Even if the media tries to spin our march negatively, they will have far less ammo than if we pick another day - if we pick 6-7-8, the media will have a field day perverting the intentions of our march. The choice is clear.

wildflower
02-12-2008, 04:40 AM
Stop with the gay stuff, huh? The 21st is CLEARLY better... It's the day the Constitution became law.

Here's why 6-7-8 is a terrible idea:
No matter what our actual intentions, any coverage we get on those days will be 100% negative. If possible, the media will flat-out ignore us, because the gay pride events have been planned longer, are more well-established, and could potentially eclipse our own march. If our numbers are too huge to ignore, the media will instead spin our march as a "counterprotest of bigots," simply because they can. You guys should know this by now! Even though we know it is not, anti-gay people would loudly proclaim our march as a protest of the gay pride events, and we do not have the media voice to disassociate ourselves from these kind of views. Remember, Ron Paul took a publicity hit just because a few racists and anti-semites like David Duke like him, even though he finds their viewpoints disgusting and his message is completely different!

In other words, 6-7-8 would be a HUGE publicity mistake. If people like me on this board can recognize this, you'd better believe that the MSM will also see this and capitalize on it in every way they can. They will inevitably frame our march as hostile competition to the gay pride events, even though we all know very well that it is not.

Also, trying to "merge" with the gay pride events and "convert" people to Ron Paul by subverting their own event is political suicide. It won't work, and it will backfire. Let the gay pride people have their own events in peace, without any "interruptions or distractions," which is how many (even most) people would view a simultaneous march.

Remember: Perception is everything. That's the primary reason we're doing this march - it's not just so we can let off steam and feel good all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Furthermore, to the people saying all schools get out in May:
Only colleges that are on the semesters system get out in May. Many are on the quarters system, and they get out in early June. Furthermore, early June is very busy and hectic for them because of exams, graduation (for some), and packing up and moving back home.

June 21st is by far the best date all-around. Everyone is out of school, there's no baggage attached, it will be our own day to grab the spotlight, and it has great symbolic significance as the date the Constitution went into effect. If we pick June 21st, we will pick up supporters. If we pick 6-7-8, the media will have a field day perverting the intentions of our march. The choice is clear.

Exactly. I wish some people here would keep their personal agendas secondary to what is really important - what is best for the CAUSE. The day the constitution was legalized is perfect, and we ALL agree on the constitution!

Razmear
02-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Once again, the Gay Pride parade is on 6/14, not 6/7.
Yes there will be gays in Washington on the 7th, but there are gays there now and they will still be there on the 21st, you probably even have a few in your town right now.

wildflower
02-12-2008, 04:43 AM
Once again, the Gay Pride parade is on 6/14, not 6/7.
Yes there will be gays in Washington on the 7th, but there are gays there now and they will still be there on the 21st, you probably even have a few in your town right now.

Once again, we weren't talking about the parade, there's a festival going on that day.... that whole week is gay pride week. I don't think you understand (I'm not sure how old you are) MANY parents will not bring their kids there that weekend!!

Mini-Me
02-12-2008, 04:51 AM
dsadasjklgkjglsajfl

Razmear
02-12-2008, 04:51 AM
Washington is a big city, I'm sure the festival will not be on every street corner but likely in one district of the city.
I really don't care what date is picked, but choosing against 6-7-8 just because of a gay pride week (not a parade) is just asinine.

eb