PDA

View Full Version : Major ENDORSEMENT FOR RONPAUL

freedomintheusa
02-12-2008, 02:39 AM
Yes it is the latest news, you heard it here first. now go see for yourself...... www.ronpaulracing.com/blog/?p=35

tropicangela
02-12-2008, 03:07 AM
Sweet, looking forward to the recording.

expatinireland
02-12-2008, 04:19 AM
freedomointheusa,

For motor sports illiterates like myself could you please provide some background or links as to the significance of this announcement.

The term Hermanator, and the names Kenny Wallace and Mike Bliss mean nothing to me. Please illuminate me. ;)

All the best.

ToryNotion
02-12-2008, 10:29 AM
freedomointheusa,

For motor sports illiterates like myself could you please provide some background or links as to the significance of this announcement.

The term Hermanator, and the names Kenny Wallace and Mike Bliss mean nothing to me. Please illuminate me. ;)

All the best.

Kenny Wallace is very well respected driver and personality among NASCAR fans. He is a co-host on a couple of NASCAR related television shows on the SpeedTV cable channel (owned by Fox Broadcasting). He is sympathetic to the Liberty message and Dr Paul and he is a very well liked and enthusiastic person. He'd be a great spokesperson for Dr Paul to the NASCAR world.

SteveMartin
02-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Nice!!!

paulaholic
02-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Everyone needs to donate to this right now, this is a tremendous opportunity!

phoenixzorn
02-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Add a friggen PayPal checkout or Chip-In, and I'll donate... I don't do Google Checkout.

freedomintheusa
02-12-2008, 11:15 AM
WE don' t do PayPal, and Chipin is set to go to PayPal, PayPAl has been known to hold funds (freeze) accounts ...But we will have our own merchant account very soon, so you can donate then...Thanks for your response.......

JulioForPaul
02-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Please don't pay $300,000.00 for a 12 inch sign on the side of car going 200 miles per hour. This has already been verified as a scam.

Crickett
02-12-2008, 11:21 AM
WE don' t do PayPal, and Chipin is set to go to PayPal, PayPAl has been known to hold funds (freeze) accounts ...But we will have our own merchant account very soon, so you can donate then...Thanks for your response.......

Paypal is an excellent service I have used for MANY years. They will not freeze accounts if they know what is going on. In the case of GrannyWarriors, they did not set it up properly so PP knew a huge amount of money was coming in then going out all at once. Once they found out, the account was "thawed" in one day. I do not find PP to be an unethical source. They do freeze accounts for security reasons from time to time, but they are usually good reasons.

MrHellebusch
02-12-2008, 11:37 AM
freedomointheusa,

All the best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Wallace

Look no further for your answers...

Stealth4
02-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Please don't pay $300,000.00 for a 12 inch sign on the side of car going 200 miles per hour. This has already been verified as a scam.

LOL!

phoenixzorn
02-12-2008, 11:45 AM

Julio, the sign is 18" wide by 12" tall... that is a Major Associate Sponsorship, and at $300,000 for two cars for the entire season, simply a bargain that can't be beat.

For reference, tape two sheets of paper together edge to edge, and go find a monte carlo to stick the paper to. Imagine the paper is 1" wider at both ends, and 1/2" taller at the top and bottom... it's NOT a small sign, by any means, and with a bit more money, we can cover an entire car...

Andrew76
02-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Yeah, sort of a drag that it's costing so much money to put a picture/sign (how big/small will it even be?), on a racing car for a dude who's supposedly a Ron Paul supporter. Perhaps the sponsorship costs aren't his call, but a hundred grand???

Maybe I'm the weirdo who thinks a true supporter of Ron Paul would feel differently about the cost.

jake
02-12-2008, 11:52 AM

Don't blame you. PayPal is less than dependable.

LibertyEagle
02-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Just my personal opinion, but didn't we learn anything from the blimp?

phoenixzorn
02-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Yeah, sort of a drag that it's costing so much money to put a picture/sign (how big/small will it even be?), on a racing car for a dude who's supposedly a Ron Paul supporter. Perhaps the sponsorship costs aren't his call, but a hundred grand???

Maybe I'm the weirdo who thinks a true supporter of Ron Paul would feel differently about the cost.

The driver is a supporter, the owner is in it for profit... While the driver has some say, I would venture to guess that this would normally cost upwards of $500,000 per race for a Nextel Cup car and $350,000 per race for a Busch Series car... We're lucky as hell to get it for $100,000 for the first 4 races, and $300,000 for the whole season.

It seems everyone here is looking a gift horse in the mouth.

jumpyg1258
02-12-2008, 12:00 PM

I have to somewhat agree, I doubt this money will be well spent cause how often are you going to be able to see this little logo on a car when all that money could be spent on TV adverts during these events that get our message out.

Cowlesy
02-12-2008, 12:04 PM

+1, I agree.

If you guys can get this done, fantastic!!!! It's awesome to see RP Supporters originate and bring clever ideas to fruition. You'll always have folks who would rather see energy spent in a different manner, but what I've learned through this process is that where anyone is making headway, to support them--if not financially, then through some cheerleading---go RP Racing!

I just wish we could do so with respect to funding candidates who we could get to Washington for the purpose of changing government. Brent Sanders, Jim Forsythe and Murray Sabrin are names that come to mind.

dbhohio47
02-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Maybe my bias is showing not being a nascar fan; but, you've got to be kidding me! Spend $300,000 to put a little sign on a car? (And they thought $400k spent on the blimp was a bad idea....). Sheesh, for that kind of money, you could put a healthy down payment on an NHL franchise.....dress them in red,white, and blue and change their names to the RonPauls....right in mid-season.

ToryNotion
02-12-2008, 12:08 PM
The driver is a supporter, the owner is in it for profit... While the driver has some say, I would venture to guess that this would normally cost upwards of $500,000 per race for a Nextel Cup car and $350,000 per race for a Busch Series car... We're lucky as hell to get it for $100,000 for the first 4 races, and $300,000 for the whole season.

Your estimate of 1/2 mill per race is in the high range for a full sponsorship for a Sprint Cup car. I think Dupont is probably paying around 20 million per year for the #24 car. Not sure about the Nationwide (former Busch) Series numbers. re: not being able to read the car's decal during the race as mentioned in some other posts, a lot of race coverage is of caution laps and pit stops where the decals are quite easy to read (even at the track).

JMann
02-12-2008, 12:10 PM
I have to somewhat agree, I doubt this money will be well spent cause how often are you going to be able to see this little logo on a car when all that money could be spent on TV adverts during these events that get our message out.

One problem with the blimp is that it is old technology. You spend a bunch of money but can use it because of weather or that it takes 3 days to get it to a place. Not to say blimps don't serve a purpose but in the era of political quick response a blimp is a slow mover and not very dependable. It spent a good part of the first four days flying over North and South Carolina farmland. Wasn't the blimp in Florida during the New Hampshire primary? Avoidable problems but not a great use of limited funds.

My comments here are in hindsight and It was a idea that enough people wanted to try to fund it so who am I to say it wasn't worth trying.

GeorgiaforPaul08
Maybe my bias is showing not being a nascar fan; but, you've got to be kidding me! Spend $300,000 to put a little sign on a car? (And they thought $400k spent on the blimp was a bad idea....). Sheesh, for that kind of money, you could put a healthy down payment on an NHL franchise.....dress them in red,white, and blue and change their names to the RonPauls....right in mid-season.

Exactly, who ever pays for this is fucking nuts and getting ripped off. think of what all else could be done with 300,000 dollars! Hell the blimp did that and atleast it got media attention. What the hell is this gonna do. Nothing when you think about the 40 other cars in the race all covered with adverts. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. Surely the grassroots who did such amazing things like the blimp, money bombs, funding the granny warriors, and the live free or die project can think of something wiser to use this money on.

thegr8drronpaul

If the driver is really a supporter then how bout he just wears some RP stuff for free (even a button for interviews) or how about he announces it in an interview at the race?

pcosmar
02-12-2008, 12:15 PM

These are High speed, high dollar advertising. These are TV ads, with great coverage.
The price is not bad when the major advertisers are in for millions.
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/11/14/nascar-topper.jpg

yongrel
02-12-2008, 12:24 PM
They put wheels on the blimp? Wild.

Shink
02-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes it is the latest news, you heard it here first. now go see for yourself...... www.ronpaulracing.com/blog/?p=35

I fixed Wallace's wikipedia page.:)

slacker921
02-12-2008, 12:40 PM
"If the driver is really a supporter then how bout he just wears some RP stuff for free (even a button for interviews) " .. .
NASCAR drivers don't do anything like this for free. It's big, big money. They have a guy in the winners circle who does nothing but put different hats on people so their logo can be seen for a few minutes.

Don't focus on how big the sticker is.. the important thing is that the driver is very well known and a TV celebrity and will be saying the name "Ron Paul" a lot on national TV. That's what they are trained to do. And the car is seen a LOT by a lot of people when it's sitting still and everything on it can be read.
.... and .. I was sitting eating lunch yesterday in the Firehouse subs near Lowe's motor speedway.. the TV was tuned to CNN and they mentioned Ron Paul. Some of the mechanics from one of the race teams were sitting at the table next to me and started talking about this project in a positive way. This project is generating buzz already.

That said.. I'd much rather see the $$$ spent on TV ads in NC so we can get out and canvass without people rejecting and ridiculing us. The general public thinks Ron Paul has dropped out or has zero chance and I don't think sponsoring a car is going to change that perception. :(

freedomintheusa
02-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Exactly, who ever pays for this is fucking nuts and getting ripped off. think of what all else could be done with 300,000 dollars! Hell the blimp did that and atleast it got media attention. What the hell is this gonna do. Nothing when you think about the 40 other cars in the race all covered with adverts. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. Surely the grassroots who did such amazing things like the blimp, money bombs, funding the granny warriors, and the live free or die project can think of something wiser to use this money on.

Major Associate Sponsorship includes:

Personal appearances by the teamís ďShow CarĒ at special events (in fact, the Show Car will be traveling through Texas on March 4th, the date of the Texas Primary!)
The possibility of a personal appearance by one of the teamís drivers (this is very tentative and depends on his schedule)
Signage on the teamís Transport Vehicle (the 18-wheeler that transports the cars from race to raceĖitís a moving billboard that travels over 100,000 miles of freeways per year)
An 18″ x 12″ decal on both sides of the car
Signage on the Pit Equipment
Permission to include a Decal/Button on the Race Teamís uniform

dannno
02-12-2008, 12:45 PM
The blimp wasn't on TV

theantirobot
02-12-2008, 12:51 PM
The blimp wasn't on TV

Blimp got tons of local coverage, which did not get captured for youtube. Also, sign waves and literature drops were immensely more effective while underneath the blimp.

trapfive
02-12-2008, 01:14 PM
People who don't follow racing have no idea what they're talking about on this topic.

It doesn't matter how big the frickin sign on the car is!!! It's not about seeing Ron Paul's name going around the track at 200 mph. It's about getting the platform to spread the message to millions of race fans in the country. In my opinion it's a perfect fit and better than a major sponsorship. 300K for an associate sponsorship for two cars in a 35 race season is a great deal

300k spent on this could make a huge difference come mid summer. That's my opinion...

phoenixzorn
02-12-2008, 01:24 PM
http://www.ronpaulracing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/kw_message.mp3 <---- listen to Kenny Wallace... He's there on digital media, saying that his Shark car will be flying a Ron Paul sticker on both sides of both cars AND large "Ron Paul for President in 2008" banners on both sides of the haulers... You couldn't get this kind of coverage from ANY other fundraising drive, unless we had bought a 30 second spot during the Super Bowl...

I still can't believe people think this is a bad idea. This is an AMAZING idea, and it will be the best thing we can do to bring about a full scale revolution. It is possible to get Ron Paul in the White House because of this election, and we owe it to everyone to do as much as possible for him. We can get the sponsorship, and we are getting it for a bargain.

LibertyIn08
02-12-2008, 01:35 PM
The only people saying this is a bad idea are those who don't understand NASCAR. ;)

rightcoast
02-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Wow, I was looking forward to the Dale Jr/Hendrick Motorsports partnership and going to root hard for him this year, like I do every year, but I will rethink that, and am going to go donate right now to this.

To say this is huge understates things. Nascar people buy what is on the car of their driver. Simple as that. This isn't huge. This is the biggest thing to happen for Ron Paul, period, hands down, if it happens.

Yes, larger than the money bombs.

tommyzDad
02-12-2008, 01:53 PM
The only people saying this is a bad idea are those who don't understand NASCAR. ;)

I'm sorry, I was initially for this, but after reading that we would be paying for a "sticker" or "stickers" and not a having the entire car done up....

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/398/ronpaulracingcarrc7.jpg

....I just can't open my wallet.

From what I gather, we've already had people on the ground at these events, handing out slim-jims, talking to people and spreading The Message. I had hoped this fund was to have the entire car decked out in "Paul". If this is indeed the plan, tell me, otherwise I'll just donate directly to the campaign.

freedomintheusa
02-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Stop reading go to the site and listen to KENNEY WALLACE HIMSELF....Not just a sticker on the car....

TruthAtLast
02-12-2008, 02:15 PM

This is not a scam so please stop saying it is. Anyone who thinks it is, is clearly not doing their homework and relying on outdated information.

The entire management changed and they are an offical Political Action Committee that abides by all federal campaign financing laws.

Not paying $300k for a sign is a different issue and everyone has the ability to make up their own mind.

But people are focusing too much on JUST the logo on the car. That is a small fraction of what a SPONSORSHIP gives you. I know this FIRST HAND.

You get promoted and endorsed by the driver themselves who have massive fan bases from all over the country. This is what they really get paid to do. They know that without the sponsors they don't race. You get announcers mentioning sponsors on National TV and a political sponsor would also be a good talking point, not to mention the close up camera shots of the cars (yes, even when it is going 200 mph).

NASCAR has the largest attended sporting events in the entire country. Even aside from the TV coverage, there are over 100,000 people who attend virtually every race. People can see the car of their favorite drivers when it ISN'T moving. There are pictures of it on hundreds of websites across the country. You basically get a massive billboard on the semi-truck transporter that has your message on it as it travels across the country and is ALSO seen at the races by the fans and is very often used as the backdrop when local TV reporters do news stories or interviews.

Unlike ANY other sport in America, NASCAR is built around the sponsors. It takes a ton of money to keep these cars and race teams going and the organization and the fans know this. They are passionate about the sponsors of their favorite drivers and the announcers WILL mention it.

People need to stop focusing on just the signage on the car. There is SOOO much more.

I don't even like NASCAR. I think it is a little boring. But my company did this and I know what a massive impact it has (and not just in the local city).

Can $300k be better spent? Maybe. That is a whole different argument. But I don't see very many other projects being launched right now and with the money we have proven that we can raise, $300k is a drop in the bucket. I'd donate to this AND to any other worthy project that came up.

FireofLiberty
02-12-2008, 02:25 PM
This is a huge opportunity, guys. Do you have any idea how many people watch NASCAR races? MILLIONS. Daytona is the Superbowl is NASCAR. This is NOTHING like the blimp. If we get this on the side of the car it WILL GET TALKED ABOUT. People will see it. Whenever they show the cars going around the track on TV they have cameras that can make them clearly visible, even if they are going 200 MPH. For example:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/398736024_5a56d4d7fb.jpg

And I can guarantee you this will get people talking. It'll get the fans talking. It'll get the announcers talking. It'll get the other drivers talking.

I can just hear one of them now.

Announcer #1: "There's Kenny Wallace in the Shark Energy Drink Car."

Announcer #2: "Yeah, and he's got that Ron Paul rEVOLution logo on the side too."

Announcer #1: "For those of you who don't know Ron Paul is a Presidential candidate and he's the first Presidential candidate in history to have his name on the side of a NASCAR."

Please donate to this.

torchbearer
02-12-2008, 02:35 PM
I wish people got this excited about getting our congressional candidates $300,000 dollars.
We will need it if we are serious about taking back congress.

phoenixzorn
02-12-2008, 02:37 PM
This is about the right size of the sticker... might be in a different place, might be bigger, might be on a different angle... etc....

http://bay01.imagebay.com/_upload/img/28/ronpalcar2.jpg

http://bay01.imagebay.com/_upload/img/28/ronpaulcar.jpg

This is JUST A MOCKUP of existing Kenny Wallace photos with the car... I DID NOT ask permission to use these pictures... but you all needed to see what this would entail.

FireofLiberty
02-12-2008, 02:38 PM
I wish people got this excited about getting our congressional candidates $300,000 dollars.

I feel the same way about BJ's campaign, but hopefully the 14th money bomb will help us all.

TruthAtLast
02-12-2008, 02:41 PM

I agree. this is very important. Is there an official list of congressional candidates that support our movement? I've donated to about 4-5 people so far. (one was a pledge since they weren't accepting donations)

CurtisLow
02-12-2008, 02:43 PM
His endorsement should be free if he really believed in freedom and Ron Paul.

torchbearer
02-12-2008, 02:44 PM
I feel the same way about BJ's campaign, but hopefully the 14th money bomb will help us all.

I hope your right... but i don't see any threads discussing the 14th, but i see plenty threads discussing gimmicks that are a lil' late in the game.

I was all behind the blimp, it was good thing at the right time, especially for morale and exposure...
now that our congressional candidates are declaring... and campaigns are being set up... to ignore them for more gimmicks is irresponsible. of course, i'm bias in this opinion.

Ball
02-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Well, he needs to wear a Ron Paul cap when he's on the tee vee then!

FireofLiberty
02-12-2008, 02:47 PM
I agree. this is very important. Is there an official list of congressional candidates that support our movement? I've donated to about 4-5 people so far. (one was a pledge since they weren't accepting donations)

Was BJ Lawson one of them? If not, please donate to him.

http://www.lawsonforcongress.com

I'll be more than happy to answer any questions about his campaign (although I suggest PMing them as to not hijack this thread).

There's a list of candidates at libertycongress.org and paulcongress.com.

There's also a money bomb to raise money for the candidates and RP's Congressional Campaign on Feb. 14th. You can pledge to take part in it @ libertywarchest.com

The idea is to donate $50 to RP's Congressional Campaign and then donate $10.00 to five different RPR/pro-liberty candidates like BJ and Brent.

If you haven't pledged to take part in it yet I hope you do and please help spread the word about it, as well as BJ's campaign and the campaigns of other RPRs running.

And I do absolutely agree with you about getting our Congressional candidates elected being VERY important. In fact, I think it should be our #1 priority now. People need to remember that this rEVOLution is bigger than Ron -- it's a movement -- and a key part of this movement is getting liberty candidates elected to Congress.

torchbearer
02-12-2008, 02:49 PM

there are several different people working on different projects, but not one that has really, captured it all.

I am one of those candidates.
My name is among those being rallied for on the 14th's libertwarchest.com project.

I also have a moneybomb on March 2nd and 3rd. http://www.moneybomb1.com The importance of which is... there are major republican players who hate my opponent and would be willing to support me if I can prove viability by raising a considerable amount of money.

If I fail in that task... there will be no point in me continuing my campaign, because without these local backers on my team, i've got lil' chance.

But of course, i'm derailing a discussion on getting $300,000 for a few bumper stickers on cars. i apologize... please continue. :D

pacelli
02-12-2008, 02:49 PM

+1

FireofLiberty
02-12-2008, 02:52 PM
I hope your right... but i don't see any threads discussing the 14th, but i see plenty threads discussing gimmicks that are a lil' late in the game.

I was all behind the blimp, it was good thing at the right time, especially for morale and exposure...
now that our congressional candidates are declaring... and campaigns are being set up... to ignore them for more gimmicks is irresponsible. of course, i'm bias in this opinion.

Yeah. I don't disagree with your point.

I don't know how successful the 14th will be, but if we get 200 pledges (and it looks like we will get at least that) and they all donate $10 to both your campaign and BJ's campaign than that's at least $2,000 for both campaigns. I suspect we'll do better than that, though, and hopefully on the 14th people will jump on board and take part in it.

If not, there's another money bomb scheduled through the same website for March 14th and we'll have more time to spread the word about that one and by that time I think there will (hopefully) be less gimmicks and more focus on the Congressional candidates being it'll be even more late in the game.

phoenixzorn
02-12-2008, 02:53 PM
there are several different people working on different projects, but not one that has really, captured it all.

I am one of those candidates.
My name is among those being rallied for on the 14th's libertwarchest.com project.

I also have a moneybomb on March 2nd and 3rd. The importance of which is... there are major republican players who hate my opponent and would be willing to support me if I can prove viability by raising a considerable amount of money.

If I fail in that task... there will be no point in me continuing my campaign, because without these local backers on my team, i've got lil' chance.

But of course, i'm derailing a discussion on getting $300,000 grand for a few bumper stickers on cars. i'm apologize... please continue. :D

Wow... seriously? You think these are just bumper stickers?? Open your eyes, look at what sponsors are paying to get their names on cars... realize that the most successful companies in the world are sponsoring cars, and you won't find another candidate's name on a car on any track at any level because they can't get the deal we've gotten to have Ron Paul's name on TWO CARS.

You're an asshat.... stop trying to hijack the thread and move along if you don't like the program, but don't try to deter other people from supporting it. We want Ron Paul as our president, and this WILL get more media, more viewers, and more support for Ron Paul than ANY money bomb, blimp, or Granny Warrior.

torchbearer
02-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Wow... seriously? You think these are just bumper stickers?? Open your eyes, look at what sponsors are paying to get their names on cars... realize that the most successful companies in the world are sponsoring cars, and you won't find another candidate's name on a car on any track at any level because they can't get the deal we've gotten to have Ron Paul's name on TWO CARS.

You're an asshat.... stop trying to hijack the thread and move along if you don't like the program, but don't try to deter other people from supporting it. We want Ron Paul as our president, and this WILL get more media, more viewers, and more support for Ron Paul than ANY money bomb, blimp, or Granny Warrior.

Oh, please continue. Don't let me derail your master plan to get Ron Paul elected president.

roguepatriot
02-12-2008, 02:56 PM

http://www.paulcongress.com/

roguepatriot
02-12-2008, 03:01 PM
http://www.libertycongress.org/

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Oh, please continue. Don't let me derail your master plan to get Ron Paul elected president.

Torch.. A word of advice. Yer not doing yerself any favors here. This s not an attitude that one would expect from someone heading for the RP coalition in Congress.

Best of Regards
Randy

MsDoodahs
02-12-2008, 03:20 PM

I agree. IMO, this would have been excellent - FAR EARLIER. It's way too late in the game for this to have any impact now, and therefore a huge waste of money. I'd much rather see this energy and money directed towards getting RonPaulRepublicans into office across the nation.

That said, it is up to the individual to decide which things they choose to support.

:)

Mark
02-12-2008, 03:20 PM
This gimmick was fully discussed yesterday - and here it is again.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118394

We don't need to spend $300,000 on a decal that will be on a car in Texas ON THE DAY of the Texas Primary -

we need to spend $300,000 on ads and people running for Congress ect.

By the time most of the races are run THE PRIMARY WILL BE OVER.

The organizers of this have seem to have NOT been transparent in their fundraising -

and people originally on board with it have withdrawn support because of the lack of transparency.

--------

If you want to help fund a REAL ad campaign that will help Ron and ALSO other RP Candidate Congressional Candidates
go to the following thread and add your ideas.

Non U.S. Citizens - Maxed Out Donors - U.S. Tax Deductible Donation Idea for Ads

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1249069

We could have major positive results with $300,000 in ways that would make a REAL difference.

The same type of ads that would help Ron would also help those that are running for Congress with a Ron Paul platform.

And, we could even put ads in the programs at each NASCAR Race, which people would read and then take home with them
to share with their family, friends and neighbors.

And the fundraising method allows donations to be deducted from your taxes, it can accept donations from those who live outside of the U.S.,

and the amount of donations from each individual are not limited in amount like is the case with Campaigns, PACs ect.

Mortikhi
02-12-2008, 03:27 PM
6 months too late.

thomaseusin
02-12-2008, 03:31 PM
btw, has Kenny Wallace officially endorsed Ron Paul? I don't see his name on here:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/endorsements

Mark
02-12-2008, 03:35 PM
6 months too late.

It WAS done a few months ago - banners pulled by planes were flown over NASCAR races last year.

NASCAR fans ALREADY know about the Ron Paul Revolution.

We need to target people in states that WILL STILL VOTE in the Primary.

We need to focus on getting out the vote.

We need to focus on Canvassing.

We need to focus on delegates.

WE need to FOCUS on what WILL make a difference while there's still time to do so.

phoenixzorn
02-12-2008, 03:39 PM
What part of NATIONALLY TELEVISED don't you people understand?? There are more NASCAR fans in Texas than in any other state most likely, and you don't think having these decals on a car in Daytona will have any affect on Texas voters?? This is the ONE way to get past all the MSM Blackout stuff because people will use computers, VCRs, DVRs, camcorders and binoculars to see what is written on the sides of each and every car... People who watch NASCAR buy NASCAR sponsored products, and support NASCAR sponsored things.... IT IS NOT too late for this, it's just in time, for the FIRST and BIGGEST race of the season.

Mark
02-12-2008, 03:47 PM
What part of NATIONALLY TELEVISED don't you people understand?? There are more NASCAR fans in Texas than in any other state most likely, and you don't think having these decals on a car in Daytona will have any affect on Texas voters?? This is the ONE way to get past all the MSM Blackout stuff because people will use computers, VCRs, DVRs, camcorders and binoculars to see what is written on the sides of each and every car... People who watch NASCAR buy NASCAR sponsored products, and support NASCAR sponsored things.... IT IS NOT too late for this, it's just in time, for the FIRST and BIGGEST race of the season.

The Daytona 500 is in 5 days. It's highly doubtful that the arrangements could be made in time even if the $300,000 was in the bank tomorrow.

What about spending a few thousand on an advertisement in the program that the fans at the race will read and even take home with them?

We can include a LOT of information in an adv - a LOT more than just a 18" by 12" decal with the phrase "Ron Paul Revolution".

Join in on the discussion: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1249069

JimInNY
02-12-2008, 03:49 PM

I think http://paulcongress.com/ has.

JulioForPaul
02-12-2008, 03:50 PM
For a mere $150,000.00 I'll put a few Ron Paul stickers on the sides and top of my car and lead the police and news helicopters on long chase.

Give me a few hours and I'll start my chip-in and ronpaulrunfromthelaw.com site set up.

kigol
02-12-2008, 03:54 PM
very cool.

JimInNY
02-12-2008, 03:55 PM
The Daytona 500 is in 5 days. It's highly doubtful that the arrangements could be made in time even if the $300,000 was in the bank tomorrow.

What about spending a few thousand on an advertisement in the program that the fans at the race will read and even take home with them?

We can include a LOT of information in an adv - a LOT more than just a 18" by 12" decal with the phrase "Ron Paul Revolution".

Join in on the discussion: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1249069

If this is going to work, I mean really work, it has to be the full package. Get the logos on the cars and trucks, get the ads in the programs, and also advertise on the TV coverage of the race, maybe 2 or 3 spots each race.

JimInNY
02-12-2008, 03:57 PM
For a mere $150,000.00 I'll put a few Ron Paul stickers on the sides and top of my car and lead the police and news helicopters on long chase.

Give me a few hours and I'll start my chip-in and ronpaulrunfromthelaw.com site set up.

LMAO! if this was 30 years ago, I'd go for that myself.

The chases I had when I was a kid... oh man...

Oh yeah, I never got caught. :p