PDA

View Full Version : We Need Nebraska Delegates (Very Important)

No1ButPaul08
02-12-2008, 02:24 AM
Delegates in Nebraska are crucial. The primary in Nebraska in non-binding, so delegates are very crucial here as they will decide who the state goes to.

Delegates must file this form by March 1. RP's site says March 1...County GOP sites say March 3rd
http://www.cassne.org/ElectionPDFs/Delegate_Form.pdf

Delegates can find their county clerks office here
http://www.sos.ne.gov/elec/clerks.html

Delegate can find their precinct here (under legislative district maps)
http://www.sos.ne.gov/elec/

Is there anybody from Nebraska here that is running the delegate situation for the state. Like I said this is very important, it is one of the easiest states for us to win delegates here if we are organized and turn out the vote.

There is very little action in the state forum, and all the delegate questions there are unanswered, so i feel this has not been taken care of.

Here is the gopdelegates.com page on Nebraska. http://gopdelegates.com/?q=node/10

gerryb
02-12-2008, 02:38 AM
do you guys have meetups in Nebraska?

syborius
02-12-2008, 03:04 AM
Delegates in Nebraska are crucial. The primary in Nebraska in non-binding, so delegates are very crucial here as they will decide who the state goes to.

Delegates must file this form by March 3.
http://www.cassne.org/ElectionPDFs/Delegate_Form.pdf

Is there anybody from Nebraska here that is running the delegate situation for the state. Like I said this is very important, it is one of the easiest states for us to win delegates here if we are organized and turn out the vote.

There is very little action in the state forum, and all the delegate questions there are unanswered, so i feel this has not been taken care of

shouldn't this go to the delegate threads per state...those should be still available

No1ButPaul08
02-12-2008, 03:05 AM
do you guys have meetups in Nebraska?

i just contacted all the meetups. i've got one response already

No1ButPaul08
02-12-2008, 03:06 AM
shouldn't this go to the delegate threads per state...those should be still available

The Nebraska forum has like 10 posts on it. That's why i feel this isn't being addressed.

PauliticsPolitics
02-12-2008, 04:47 AM
ummm.... we seriously can't find 50 or so people in nebraska....????

boondoggle
02-12-2008, 04:51 AM
The Nebraska forum has like 10 posts on it. That's why i feel this isn't being addressed.

That's reasonable, mods, you should keep this here and sticky it . . . That's scary.

No1ButPaul08
02-12-2008, 12:45 PM
bump.

I have got in touch with a couple meet ups from NE.

If you want to be a NE delegate please PM me and I'll hook you up with the right people

boondoggle
02-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Blimp for importance!

d03boy
02-12-2008, 02:05 PM
I am from nebraska, please email me! d03boy@gmail.com
so I can get some help with registering and stuff... I go to school in wisconsin so I am not sure where I legally stand as far as voting. I need heeeelp!

I will also contact my (very small) meetup group

miketwalker
02-12-2008, 02:07 PM
This is definitely important. Good luck.

golfboy
02-12-2008, 02:07 PM
i'll do it

there would be no greater honor than to vote for ron paul as a delegate. :D

i haven't registered republican yet though. Is that a problem?

KewlRonduderules
02-12-2008, 02:09 PM
i'll do it

there would be no greater honor than to vote for ron paul as a delegate. :D

i haven't registered republican yet though. Is that a problem?

You need to register as a republican right away.

golfboy
02-12-2008, 02:10 PM
nebraska will be a great bellweather state. There has been virtually no emphasis in nebraska by any capaign except when barak obama stopped by in omaha for a campaign event. This is an overlooked state that is as red as red gets. I think we can take this one.

burningfur
02-12-2008, 02:13 PM
bump

yeah, the individual states grassroots forums fail in getting people involved...

golfboy
02-12-2008, 02:15 PM
k can i go to my county register/dmv and register republican and get set up as a delegate at the same time?

golfboy
02-12-2008, 02:23 PM
k i got this post on the facebook group. We'll see if anyone runs with it there.

i'm going to go to the dmv today. Can i register republican and a delegate at the same time?

golfboy
02-12-2008, 02:52 PM
blimp

d03boy
02-12-2008, 03:11 PM
i need to still register as republican and send in my vote... and can I be a delegate? I seriously am not sure how to do this. I've never voted

boondoggle
02-12-2008, 03:15 PM
blimp. Someone answer his question . . .

EndTheFed
02-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Bumpidy...

golfboy
02-12-2008, 03:48 PM
i went to the douglas county treasurer's branch office. Got registered as a republican, but there were no forms to become a delegate, and NO ONE THERE knew anything about becoming a delegate.

This is important folks! No one is getting this done now and we can get a jump in this state.

k so how do i register as a delegate? Fill out that form and send it somewhere?

golfboy
02-12-2008, 03:52 PM
k crazy idea what if we got jonny rodgers n tom osborne to endorse ron paul?

No1ButPaul08
02-12-2008, 04:20 PM
i went to the douglas county treasurer's branch office. Got registered as a republican, but there were no forms to become a delegate, and NO ONE THERE knew anything about becoming a delegate.

This is important folks! No one is getting this done now and we can get a jump in this state.

k so how do i register as a delegate? Fill out that form and send it somewhere?

I am working on this. I am in touch with the meetups in NE. We do need to be all over this.

http://gopdelegates.com/?q=node/10

There is some information there. I would guess you file this form with your county clerk or equivalent. I'm just got in touch with delegate leader in Lincoln. When he gets back to me i will let you know

Edit: That is pathetic that no one knew how to become a delegate at your county office. I WILL track down this info. This is very important

golfboy
02-12-2008, 04:21 PM
sorry to keep bumping this up, but as of right now it's still important.

also i'm wondering what other grassroots efforts have been like in a state like nebraska where the popular vote doesnt matter. Obviously we need to focus on delegates, and media coverage. I tried emailing papers about the moneybomb and the owh printed a tiny blurb in the middle of the news section.

also if anyone has leftover campaign materials from another state that they would be willing to donate, i will take them and distribute them to the best of my ability around the uno campus.

if anyone would offer up some advice on how to campaign in nebraska that would be appreciated.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=119392

campaign thread in nebraska subforum.

No1ButPaul08
02-12-2008, 04:23 PM
sorry to keep bumping this up, but as of right now it's still important.

also i'm wondering what other grassroots efforts have been like in a state like nebraska where the popular vote doesnt matter. Obviously we need to focus on delegates, and media coverage. I tried emailing papers about the moneybomb and the owh printed a tiny blurb in the middle of the news section.

also if anyone has leftover campaign materials from another state that they would be willing to donate, i will take them and distribute them to the best of my ability around the uno campus.

if anyone would offer up some advice on how to campaign in nebraska that would be appreciated.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=119392

campaign thread in nebraska subforum.

I think the best way to do it is to have somebody in charge for the whole state, and then have someone in charge for each county. If we can have delegates run in every county in NE, we will have a real chance

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-12-2008, 04:33 PM
bump

No1ButPaul08
02-12-2008, 05:37 PM
bump

Cyclone177
02-12-2008, 05:43 PM
PM me and I will get some info tomorow off of my work computer. I am at home now. There are people in my Meetup that are on this, and I know of at least 10-15 that are going to be delegates. This state is very Stupid though, and McCain will do well. That said, I have converted most of my friends and family, they all hate McCain.

fabijo
02-12-2008, 05:56 PM
A list of the county clerks in Nebraska:

The form says to submit the delegate form to the county clerk or to the election commissioner.

No1ButPaul08
02-12-2008, 06:17 PM
A list of the county clerks in Nebraska:

The form says to submit the delegate form to the county clerk or to the election commissioner.

Awesome, I'll add the link to the OP and our NE page.

No1ButPaul08
02-12-2008, 11:24 PM
bump

Cyclone177
02-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Here is some info from our meetup email list.

That's great info about becoming a delegate. I think its arguably the most important thing we can be doing in the next two weeks. Is there a list of Ron Paul supporters/donors from Nebraska? I think the delegate sign-up sheet would be a good thing to push if we had one. I signed up to be a precinct leader and emailed headquarters asking for a Nebraska donor list, but I'm not sure I'll get one soon enough. I'll call them today.
Either way, it might be nice to email that sheet to the other RP Nebraska meetups. Here's my own partial list that I plan on emailing the delegate sheet to:
(I know there is some crossover in membership, but it probably doesn't hurt.)

Nebraska 4 Ron Paul Coalition
UNO/Omaha Students for Ron Paul
Ron Paul Weekly canvassing group
Lincoln meetup
Seward
Beatrice
NE students 4 Ron Paul
Doane College
Fremont
Columbus
North Platte
McCook
Norfolk

If anyone knows of others please let me know.
Also, I think it might be good to keep a list of RP supporters who sign up to be delegates. I know most anyone who signs up will probably be running unopposed at their precinct, but it could be an important list to have for county voting and up to state level. Since I'm doing the spamming I'll volunteer to keep track of the list. If anyone has already signed up to be a delegate, or is going to, please email me your name, county and precinct number. Then I'll send out a list of all the RP supporters who are candidates for delegate to the meetups before the primary. It's probably easiest to just send this info straight to me:

tonystuntz@hotmail.com

Let me know what everyone thinks. And please consider signing up to be a delegate. Even if you can't make it to Minneapolis for the national convention in September, being a delegate means you can still vote for other RP supporters to go at the county and state conventions. And since the primary in Nebraska is non-binding, that means they will be free to vote for Dr. P regardless of the popular vote on May 13th. Thanks
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: ronpaul-172@meetup.com
Subject: Re: [ronpaul-172] INFO on volunteering
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 18:20:29 -0500

I'm willing to be involved as a delegate and precinct leader if necessary. I'm in douglas county by uno and i vote at a church, but i can't remember what precinct it is. It seems like in this state the important thing will just be getting people signed up as delegates. I have no idea who is organizing it, and it seems to me like it's not getting done. This is critical, as nebraska's system gives us 30 cheap national delegates up for grabs if we do our work.

Also do you know the process for becoming a national delegate?

On Feb 12, 2008 5:04 PM, Laura <laura_ebke@hotmail.com> wrote:

You're right--every Ron Paul supporter in the state needs to be registered
as a Republican, they need to file as a delegate to the County Convention
(delegates are officially elected in the Primary). You should also find out
how many delegates are allowed per precinct (every county will be
different--the state statute that apply allow for the Party's County Central
Committee to certify by Feb. 1 how many delegates will be seated per
precinct). The default number is a minimum of two per precinct. Some of
the rural counties have certified 8 per precinct, some have certified a
number equal to the number of votes for George Bush in the 2004 election.
So, you could be dealing with 2 delegates per precinct or a couple of
hundred. In all likelihood, the number will be something less than
10/precinct in most counties. The County Conventions, by state statute
(32-707) are supposed to be held during the first 10 days of June. They can
certify up to the week before the primary WHERE and WHEN the convention will
be held.

The state party determines how many delegates from each county go to the
state convention. Their usual method of allocation is based on the number
of votes a particular county gave to the Republican in the previous
presidential election. I haven't re-read the state party by-laws lately,
but there's a minimum allocation per county, I think--either 2 or 3, and
then they get bonus delegates--probably for something like every 1000 votes
for George Bush in 2004.

The key, since most county conventions are relatively sparsely attended, is
to have as many Ron Paul supporters show up as delegates as possible, find
out how many delegates are allowed to go to the state convention from your
county, and then provide a united front in electing delegates to the
convention. I don't think there's a uniform way of electing the delegates
(it probably varies from county to county), so you'll have to think on your
feet.

Nebraska is ripe for a takeover of the GOP if we play this right. The party
regulars are aging, and the lack of real two-party competition in the state
has made Nebraska Republicans a little lazy, from my observation.
Individual campaigns do better, but the Party itself has some problems.

Laura
Laura Ebke
laura@redstateeclectic.com
http://redstateeclectic.typepad.com
http://redstateeclectic.us.com

Vote for Liberty!
Ron Paul 2008
www.ronpaul2008.com

-----Original Message-----
From: ronpaul-172@meetup.com [mailto:ronpaul-172@meetup.com] On Behalf Of J
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 2:42 PM
To: ronpaul-172@meetup.com
Subject: RE: [ronpaul-172] INFO on volunteering

That would seem to indicate that every single Ron Paul supporter needs
to go and organize to vote each other into state delegate slots.

However, while Laura certainly knows most about this, every single
person here should educate themselves on the specifics.

Has anyone visited their county or state party website to read the
constitution, bylaws and rules? Or has anyone gone to a county meeting
recently? If not, it may be too late.

Get going!

--- Laura <laura_ebke@hotmail.com> wrote:

> You have to be a registered Republican in order to file as a
> delegate, and
> then you'll need to go to the county convention to vote for the
> County Chair
> and delegates to the state convention. The state convention
> delegates will
> actually select the national convention delegates
> Laura Ebke

IDefendThePlatform
02-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Here is some info from our meetup email list.

That's great info about becoming a delegate. I think its arguably the most important thing we can be doing in the next two weeks. Is there a list of Ron Paul supporters/donors from Nebraska? I think the delegate sign-up sheet would be a good thing to push if we had one. I signed up to be a precinct leader and emailed headquarters asking for a Nebraska donor list, but I'm not sure I'll get one soon enough. I'll call them today.
Either way, it might be nice to email that sheet to the other RP Nebraska meetups. Here's my own partial list that I plan on emailing the delegate sheet to:
(I know there is some crossover in membership, but it probably doesn't hurt.)

Nebraska 4 Ron Paul Coalition
UNO/Omaha Students for Ron Paul
Ron Paul Weekly canvassing group
Lincoln meetup
Seward
Beatrice
NE students 4 Ron Paul
Doane College
Fremont
Columbus
North Platte
McCook
Norfolk

If anyone knows of others please let me know.
Also, I think it might be good to keep a list of RP supporters who sign up to be delegates. I know most anyone who signs up will probably be running unopposed at their precinct, but it could be an important list to have for county voting and up to state level. Since I'm doing the spamming I'll volunteer to keep track of the list. If anyone has already signed up to be a delegate, or is going to, please email me your name, county and precinct number. Then I'll send out a list of all the RP supporters who are candidates for delegate to the meetups before the primary. It's probably easiest to just send this info straight to me:

tonystuntz@hotmail.com

Let me know what everyone thinks. And please consider signing up to be a delegate. Even if you can't make it to Minneapolis for the national convention in September, being a delegate means you can still vote for other RP supporters to go at the county and state conventions. And since the primary in Nebraska is non-binding, that means they will be free to vote for Dr. P regardless of the popular vote on May 13th. Thanks
Tony

Hey, I sent this! I guess we're in the same meetup Cyclone. Who are the 10-15 that are going to be delegates? I just offered to keep the list because I didn't know of one yet. No1ButPaul08, are you in our meetup? I didn't realize you'd already contacted the other meetups. Let me know what response you get and if you want me to go ahead with emailing all their emailing lists. Man, this is chaos. In a good way.

justatrey
02-13-2008, 12:43 PM
bump

No1ButPaul08
02-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Hey, I sent this! I guess we're in the same meetup Cyclone. Who are the 10-15 that are going to be delegates? I just offered to keep the list because I didn't know of one yet. No1ButPaul08, are you in our meetup? I didn't realize you'd already contacted the other meetups. Let me know what response you get and if you want me to go ahead with emailing all their emailing lists. Man, this is chaos. In a good way.

I'm actually from Indiana but I noticed Nebraska can be a good state for us but it looked like there wasn't much getting done. Please take the lead on this as much as you can.

the goldenchris256 from the email is golfboy on the forums. He has posted in this thread.

Does anyone know how many delegates we need in each precinct and county?

No1ButPaul08
02-13-2008, 05:30 PM
bump

forsmant
02-13-2008, 05:37 PM
What? We are supposed to do stuff in Nebraska?

I tried to be a Precinct Leader, but Ron Paul's Site hasn't replied. I plan to become a delegate.

Tom Osborne is a joke, prohibitionist and Johnny Rodgers is a criminal.

PauliticsPolitics
02-13-2008, 05:39 PM

I tried to be a Precinct Leader, but Ron Paul's Site hasn't replied. I plan to become a delegate.

yes, take the power in your own hands.
read the OP, become a delegate!

itshappening
02-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Bump

libertythor
02-13-2008, 06:02 PM

Johnny Rodgers is running for office?

forsmant
02-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Johnny Rodgers is running for office?

More like clinging to the glory days.

libertythor
02-13-2008, 06:08 PM
More like clinging to the glory days.

I just googled him to see what he was up to..... He will be opening a sports bar in Omaha, and he also vouched for Tom Osborne's write-in campaign in front of the Supreme Court. LULZ

Well it is good that he encourages athletes to go back and finish school.

IDefendThePlatform
02-13-2008, 06:34 PM
I just googled him to see what he was up to..... He will be opening a sports bar in Omaha, and he also vouched for Tom Osborne's write-in campaign in front of the Supreme Court. LULZ

Well it is good that he encourages athletes to go back and finish school.

Actually, the bar just opened. I was just there the other night. Nice place. He named it Jet's.

We've got a meetup group get together tonight. It sounds like we're on our way with getting delegates. I just called national HQ a minute ago (we don't have a state HQ). They're getting back to me, hopefully with a supporter list of some sort. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

IDefendThePlatform
02-14-2008, 12:16 PM
I was thinking it might be good to start running some ads in the Omaha World-Herald (Nebraska) promoting Dr. P. Apparently this is what the Ron Paul meetup group did in Jefferson County, Iowa, which is the only county Dr. P won in Iowa. Check this out for motivation:

http://maps.google.com/maps/mpl?moduleurl=http://www.google.com/mapfiles/mapplets/iowacaucus/iowacaucus.xml&utm_campaign=en

So, I found a nice looking ad and started a chip-in page for donations.

I'll be posting here to let people know when ads are going to be running. You should be able to see them on Omaha.com when they run, in addition to in the actual paper. If anyone has any ideas for other ads, please let me know. I got this one from JarofClay, who was nice enough to alter it for Omaha. It originally ran in Montana. You can view it here:

http://montana4ronpaul.com/userfiles...4x3_Doctor.pdf

The only difference will be that the bottom will obviously say "Paid by Omaha supporters" and have our meetup number.

If you'd like to see Dr. P's ad in upcoming editions of the World-Herald (circulation 185,000), please contribute here:

http://omahameetup.chipin.com/omaha-...d-ron-paul-ads

Please consider donating. Omaha is by far the largest city in Nebraska, and the World-Herald is the only paper in town.