PDA

View Full Version : Canadians for Ron Paul

DeadheadForPaul
08-11-2007, 12:06 AM
I hope these guys come down south to the U.S. to help the campaign :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q9veyvpIOBA

ps: Does anyone know if foreigners can donate to the campaign or is that not allowed?

bbachtung
08-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Not allowed.

Bradley in DC
08-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Does anyone know if foreigners can donate to the campaign or is that not allowed?

Green card holders can donate to the campaign, but otherwise, no. They can however donate to independent causes that promote Dr. Paul such as ads in Iowa newspapers, RonPaulRadio.com, etc.

DeadheadForPaul
08-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Green card holders can donate to the campaign, but otherwise, no. They can however donate to independent causes that promote Dr. Paul such as ads in Iowa newspapers, RonPaulRadio.com, etc.

Cool. Im sure we have some Canadians on the board

Bergie Bergeron
08-11-2007, 12:27 AM
Cool. Im sure we have some Canadians on the board
I'm the living proof ;)

Toban
11-11-2007, 12:38 AM
ChipIn (http://ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html) accounts are great. Give your $$ support to the projects you like best.

Also, harness the power of bumper stickers. I got some of these Canadian for Ron Paul (http://www.zazzle.com/FreeGirl/product/128786071694926784) ones myself. Order a few and give them to some friends.

Aaron Wright
11-13-2007, 05:17 PM
I have been following this campaign with enthusiasm. This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I want to come down there but I have to manage a store and can't leave.

But I am watching and supporting via the web all the time.

Mark
12-08-2007, 07:54 AM
I hope these guys come down south to the U.S. to help the campaign :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q9veyvpIOBA

ps: Does anyone know if foreigners can donate to the campaign or is that not allowed?

My Church Organization is seeking donations for our Electoral Educational Project.

We are not a Federally Registered 501(c)3 Organization,
so our outreach is not limited in terms promoting specific individual candidates.

We follow the example set by Presidential Candidate Rep Dr Ron Paul
in terms of honor, integrity, and fiscal responsibility ,
so you can be assured your contribution will be handled accordingly.

If you do care to support us in our project,
please follow the link at the bottom of my signature,

"Please Help Our Church".

Thank you.

Revolution9
12-15-2007, 02:59 AM
My Church Organization is seeking donations for our Electoral Educational Project.

We are not a Federally Registered 501(c)3 Organization,
so our outreach is not limited in terms promoting specific individual candidates.

We follow the example set by Presidential Candidate Rep Dr Ron Paul
in terms of honor, integrity, and fiscal responsibility ,
so you can be assured your contribution will be handled accordingly.

If you do care to support us in our project,
please follow the link at the bottom of my signature,

"Please Help Our Church".

Thank you.

Do we make out the cheque to Melchizedek?

:cool:
Randy

ClayTrainor
12-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Im canadian as well, and i've gotten alot of people i know to donate to various chipin's in support of ron paul.

myself, i have contributed about $2k, and have probably got about 20 other canadians to contribute at least another $2k (total) to random projects.

Freedom is brewing, and not just in the U.S. :D

Sey.Naci
12-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Another Canadian here. Been telling my American friends about Ron Paul, sharing videos, etc. Live on Vancouver Island and am unable to travel; otherwise, would have been at the Vancouver event with bells on!

Am hoping to get into a meetup group in Victoria - just across the strait from Port Angeles WA.

z7trance
12-19-2007, 11:44 AM
asdf

Marc Scott Emery
12-20-2007, 06:16 AM
In Vancouver, we've had our Ron Paul Pavilion up on Robson St. (the main street) several times, last Saturday we put up 350 Ron Paul signs around the city, and 2 overpass banners. We've made 5,000 3" x 5" color Ron Paul cards and sent them to Americans to distribute, we've made 2,000 buttons and given them to Americans to distribute, we've made eight 3" x 8" banners for Ron Paul that are on trucks in South Carolina and Washington state, we've hosted ronPaulRadio.com, we've given up part of the front page of the Canadian produced but largely US circulated Cannabis Culture Magazine for a Ron Paul promotion of issue 69, out in January, and theres an 11" x 17" centerfold that says " Ron Paul - Champion of the Constitution - President 2008 " in that upcoming issue also....

fcnz
12-21-2007, 10:04 AM
In Vancouver, we've had our Ron Paul Pavilion up on Robson St. (the main street) several times, last Saturday we put up 350 Ron Paul signs around the city, and 2 overpass banners. We've made 5,000 3" x 5" color Ron Paul cards and sent them to Americans to distribute, we've made 2,000 buttons and given them to Americans to distribute, we've made eight 3" x 8" banners for Ron Paul that are on trucks in South Carolina and Washington state, we've hosted ronPaulRadio.com, we've given up part of the front page of the Canadian produced but largely US circulated Cannabis Culture Magazine for a Ron Paul promotion of issue 69, out in January, and theres an 11" x 17" centerfold that says " Ron Paul - Champion of the Constitution - President 2008 " in that upcoming issue also....

Woah, you publish cannabisculture? Jeez, we got some Canadian figures on here! Don't ya'll wish we had such a candidate (like RP) in our conservative party here?

z7trance
12-22-2007, 12:17 AM
asdf

Joe3113
12-22-2007, 12:38 AM
"You just call me Canadian? Thems fightin' words!!!!" - Grandpa Simpson

"I'm..... from...... C...a..n...a...d...a ................and they think I'm slow...........................eh" - Little 'Leg Up' program kid

:D J/K ppl hehe

I love Canadians!!

StilesBC
12-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Yes, yes, YES!! I am pumped that there are so many Canadian supporters of Ron Paul.

I've got a feeling that so much of the 'apathetic youth' voters (or non voters) in Canada would take to this message also. Many of my friends blindly label themselves as 'liberals' because they don't like the conservative's religious motivations and affinity towards bombing innocent countries. They woudn't consider themselves socalists either. They just want government out of their lives and focusing on the real issues governments should focus on.

I'm living in Chile now, but will be back to Vancouver in March. I'm willing to help out in any way I can. I can't cross the border (I'm on 'the list') but am willing to participate and give my time.

SneakyFrenchSpy
12-28-2007, 01:25 AM
I would like to remind all of you that Marc Scott Emery (5 posts above me) has a very personal stake in seeing Ron Paul elected. It's so personal that it could mean the difference between freedom and a life sentence.

Marc has been charged with selling marijuana seeds in Canada before, back in 1999. But he didn't face jail time, not for weeks, months, or years... no, he plea bargained and paid a $5,000 fine -- no jail time, no probation, no community service.

The Americans consider Marc Scott Emery, to be one of the most wanted drug kingpins in the world – responsible for 1.1 million pounds of marijuana (slightly less than 500,000 kilograms) worth over three billion dollars. The Americans consider one seed to equal one plant to equal one kilogram.

Canada considered him harmless and accepted over half a million in income taxes from 1995-2005 with “marijuana seed vendor” listed as his occupation. Emery’s profits were used to fund the anti-prohibition movement in Canada and the US.

Every time Emery was featured in a positive light in American popular media, such as in stories by CNN, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal and two features on 60 minutes, the DEA had Canadian authorities raid his shops and arrest him. Charges were dropped, fines were paid (if any fines were laid) and Emery went back to selling seeds.

After his July 29, 2005 arrest, the head of the DEA, Karen Tandy, released a memo indicating that the arrest “is a significant blow not only to the marijuana trafficking trade in the US and Canada, but also [to] the marijuana legalization movement.”

The DEA wanted Emery for his political activity and his “propagandist” magazine, Cannabis Culture.

Emery’s extradition hearing is scheduled to begin on January 21, 2008.

Back to Ron Paul... should Marc manage to get his extradition proceeding going all the way to January 2009, there's no doubt in my mind that the new Ron Paul administration would stop the charade dead in its tracks and let this great man keep the freedom he so obviously deserves.

Keep your spirits up Marc, Canada (and a growing segment of the US) are with you!

http://forums.cannabisculture.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=45&page=1

gilliganscorner
12-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi Folks,

Another Canuck here who is passionate about Ron Paul. I write a blog:

http://gilliganscorner.wordpress.com/

Drop by, have a read through the articles and say hello. Americans, of course, are most welcome too.

RK Cowan
12-28-2007, 11:01 PM
I'd say give as much support as you can to Marc Emery, he's our Ron Paul, no doubt about it.

RK Cowan
01-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Friday, January 4, 2008

A matter of national sovereignty

Colby Cosh, columnist
The National Post

On Dec. 31, the National Post comment pages published an open letter by columnist Karen Selick that asked Justice Minister Rob Nicholson to intervene in the extradition process against "Prince of Pot" Marc Emery, which is scheduled to begin Jan. 21. For years, Mr. Emery has been openly running a lucrative business in mail-order marijuana seeds, selling to customers in both Canada and the U.S. Though this is technically illegal in both countries, the Vancouver police and the federal authorities took an indulgent view for years; Mr. Emery even reported his income to Revenue Canada and paid taxes, listing his occupation explicitly as "marijuana seed vendor."

He was not arrested until July, 2005, when the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration filed federal charges against him in Washington State. Mr. Emery was nabbed by the RCMP in Nova Scotia, and the Vancouver bookstore out of which he had run his business for years was suddenly raided. Perhaps some modern-day Claude Rains in a VPD uniform stood nearby, declaring: "I am shocked -- shocked! -- to find that marijuana seeds are being sold here!"

Now Mr. Emery faces the possibility of lifelong imprisonment in a U.S. federal penitentiary without parole. Needless to say, it is a fate he has done much to tempt. He has been an overt opponent of the DEA and the U.S. government, and never concealed his seed sales to the United States or made any effort to avoid selling to American customers. Quite the contrary: As he told CBS's 60 Minutes last year, "The whole idea was that I would help facilitate the growth of so much marijuana that the DEA and all the agencies of the United States would never be able to destroy it at the rate I would help create it and that, ultimately, I, one man, would neutralize the work of the entire DEA with their multi-billion dollar budget."

He has taken his battle to the propaganda front too, making highly visible donations to anti-prohibition groups in the United States. It's no surprise to him that the Americans want to clap him in irons. What might have been a surprise was the election of a Conservative government in Canada, one which has made tougher laws against marijuana growers and users a cornerstore of its political agenda.

Still, that should not deter us from a fair assessment of his incredibly risky argument-by-botany. Many of those who consider Mr. Emery's plight get distracted by what sometimes seems like a desire for martyrdom on his part, or by the ethical and medical considerations surrounding the use of marijuana. The plain fact is that Canadian law never practically considered his seed business a major peril to public order or morals, or it would have done something about it. Dozens, perhaps hundreds of mail-order growers are continuing in the trade in B.C. even now. Marijuana is recognized as having medical benefits by our government, as it is in the law of nearly a dozen U.S. states. The U.S. is using the technical presence of an unenforced law on our books to carry its drug war onto our soil. If the Honourable Mr. Nicholson allows this to reach its logical conclusion, and Mr. Emery is sent south for notional crimes committed entirely on Canadian soil, it will constitute a blow to our national sovereignty.

After all, just imagine for a moment that the positions were reversed -- that by some historical quirk, it was the U.S. that had adopted liberal attitudes toward marijuana, while we were suppressing it here at home with paramilitary force and penalties normally reserved for killers and armed robbers. Does anybody think for a moment that a Canadian politician or prosecutor could blithely dash off a letter to Massachusetts or Texas and have U.S. law enforcement mobilized from coast to coast to deliver a peaceable, otherwise law-abiding American seed dealer into our hands?

The Americans wouldn't stand for it. They'd raise hell about foreigners telling them how to run their country. And they'd be right to do it. The principle of extradition between friendly neighbouring democracies is an important one, but where ideas of justice are expressed in such a different manner as they are on a point like this -- where the people of two countries so plainly disagree about what is right -- co-operation is tantamount to a surrender of values.

ColbyCosh@gmail.com

sammo
01-05-2008, 08:29 AM
removed

sammo
01-05-2008, 08:59 AM
I would like to remind all of you that Marc Scott Emery (5 posts above me) has a very personal stake in seeing Ron Paul elected. It's so personal that it could mean the difference between freedom and a life sentence.
.......snipped.............
The Americans consider one seed to equal one plant to equal one kilogram.
.......snipped.............
Keep your spirits up Marc, Canada (and a growing segment of the US) are with you!

Sometimes I am astounded by the idiocy and lies promoted by "supposedly" intelligent people.

Let me explain. I am NOT part of the young ones for RP. I am 68 but not stupid. All kinds of drugs used to be legal in USA.....including cocaine, heroin, pot, etc.. Many do not know their history. This stuff is just like any other addiction or use.....the irresponsible will go overboard and the thinkers will be carefull.

As to lies and intentional stupidity: In 2007 the Florida Atty General said that pot is a KILLER drug. What a fool. And the DEA raided and charged persons who had a legal permit and were growing commercial hemp which is not in any way pot as it does not produce the chemical to make the user high. Hemp is used for many commercial purposes.

I think as I get older that I see many who are getting dumber.

Ron Paul is the first I have seen in 50 years who makes sense and who lives by what he says and believes.

thebeat42
01-14-2008, 12:21 AM
God bless you Marc Emery. You have a country plus behind you.

And god bless Ron Paul.

Saskatchewan reporting (go riders!). I don't live in Saskatoon but I would be glad to make the trip if there's some RP shit goin on. If anyone in stoon is organizing anything lemme know. And if you're not organizing anything... get your ass in gear BiatcH!

!SASK FOR RON PAUL!

The Minister
01-14-2008, 12:50 PM
UPDATE

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=12d892dd-4d9c-41c2-89d7-098d16bf6d89&k=19587

Marc Emery agrees to five years in Canadian prison
Ian Mulgrew, Vancouver Sun
Published: Monday, January 14, 2008

VANCOUVER - Marc Emery, Vancouver's self-styled Prince of Pot, has tentatively agreed to a five-year prison term in a plea bargain over U.S. money laundering and marijuana seed-selling charges.

Facing an extradition hearing Jan. 21 and the all-but-certain prospect of delivery to American authorities, Emery has cut a deal with U.S. prosecutors to serve his sentence in Canada. He also hopes it will save his two co-accused - Michelle Rainey and Greg Williams, who were his lieutenants for so much of the past decade.

The three were arrested in August 2005 at the request of the United States and charged even though none had ventured south of the border. Since then, they have been awaiting the extradition hearing. With the proceedings about to begin, Emery says his lawyer brokered the best deal possible.

If accepted by the courts in both countries, Emery said he will serve the full term and not be eligible for Canada's lenient get-out-of-jail-early rules.

"I'm going to do more time than many violent, repeat offenders," he complained. "There isn't a single victim in my case, no one who can stand up and say, 'I was hurt by Marc Emery.' No one."

He's right. Whatever else you may think of Emery - and he grates on many people, what is happening here is a travesty of justice. Emery's case mocks our independence as a country. Prosecutors in Canada have not enforced the law against selling pot seeds and all you need do is walk along Hastings Street between Homer and Cambie for proof.

There are numerous stores selling seeds and products for producing cannabis. Around the corner, you'll find more seed stores. You'll find the same shops in Toronto and in other major Canadian cities.

The last time Emery was convicted in Canada of selling pot seeds, back in 1998, he was given a $2,000 fine. Emery has flouted the law for more than a decade and every year he sends his seed catalogue to politicians of every stripe.

He has run in federal, provincial and civic elections promoting his pro-cannabis platform. He has championed legal marijuana at parliamentary hearings, on national television, at celebrity conferences, in his own magazine, Cannabis Culture, and on his own Internet channel, Pot TV.

Health Canada even recommended medical marijuana patients buy their seeds from Emery. From 1998 until his arrest, Emery even paid provincial and federal taxes as a "marijuana seed vendor" totalling nearly $600,000.

He is being hounded because of his success. The political landscape has changed dramatically as a result of Emery's politicking for cannabis. Emery challenged a law he disagrees with using exactly the non-violent, democratic processes we urge our children to embrace and of which we are so proud.

But along the way he has angered the anti-drug law-enforcement community - the same gang that insists we must continue an expensive War on Drugs that has failed miserably for more than a quarter century and does more harm than good.

Canadian police grew so frustrated that neither prosecutors nor the courts would lock up Emery and throw away the key, they urged their U.S. counterparts to do the dirty work. And that's what's wrong.

Emery is being handed over to a foreign government for an activity we are loath to prosecute because we don't think it's a major problem. His two associates were charged only as a way of blackmailing him into copping a plea.

It's a scandal.

Emery is being made a scapegoat for an anti-cannabis criminal law that is a monumental failure. In spite of all our pricey efforts during the last 40 years, and all the demonization of marijuana, there is more pot on our streets, more people smoking dope and more damage being done to our communities as a result of the prohibition.

There is a better way and every study from the 1970s Le Dain Commission onward has urged change and legalization.

Regardless of what you think of Emery, he should not be facing an unconscionably long jail term for a victimless, non-violent crime that generates a shrug in his own country. Emery is facing more jail time than corporate criminals who defrauded widows and orphans and longer incarceration than violent offenders who have left their victims dead or in wheelchairs.

And while he has long seemed to court martyrdom, Emery is by no means sanguine about what is happening. He is angry at local lawyers for failing to come up with a viable defence.

"They had two years and $90,000 and they came up with nothing," he fumed. "John Conroy called me up and said 'take the deal - Michelle will die in jail. Michelle will die in jail!' What can I say to that?"

Rainey, who has a medical exemption to smoke marijuana, has Crohn's disease. Incarceration in the U.S. would deprive her of her medicine, and she fears it could lead to her death.

"It's an ugly situation but Marc expects miracles," Kirk Tousaw, one of the lawyers involved, told me. "There aren't any here."

He's right. Our extradition law puts Canadian citizens at the mercy of foreign governments and judges can't do much about it. Emery is being forced to accept a deal because not only are two of his friends in jeopardy if he doesn't, but also to go south for an unfair trial would mean serving as much as 20 years in prison, perhaps more.

One of his friends, for example, was handed a 30-year sentence for growing 200 plants. This is wrong.

If Emery has been breaking the law and must be jailed, our justice department should charge him and prosecute him in Canada. It's time for Justice Minister Rob Nicholson to step in and say, sorry, Uncle Sam, not today - not ever.

imulgrew@png.canwest.com

TNTCAN
01-15-2008, 01:29 AM
Only RON PAUL can free him NOW

ClayTrainor
01-16-2008, 08:37 AM
Poor Emery. He was an active contributor on this forum too!

He's done alot for the revolution... americas govt is WAY out of control.. it's they're fault he's in jail right now.

Why the hell can't our canadian govt. back him on this? Argh.

I gotta find a way to get political here in canada!

RK Cowan
01-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Canadians need to turn their attention away from Ron Paul right now and toward our own Ron Paul, Marc Emery. He's planning one more boot to the DEA's balls with a "Fairwell Tour" across Canada next month. He needs his own mini-Money Bomb to pull it off. Here's how you can contribute. From Marc at his forum:

In consideration of possible incarceration, I am thinking of embarking on a Farewell Tour across Canada to speak to the people one last time.

Here's the approximate schedule:

St. John's, Newfoundland - Feb. 19
Halifax, Nova Scotia - Feb. 21
Moncton, New Brunswick - Feb. 22
Quebec City - Feb. 23
Montreal - Feb. 25
Ottawa - Feb. 26
Toronto - Feb. 27
London - Feb. 29
Sudbury - March 1
Winnipeg - March 3
Regina - March 4
Saskatoon - March 5
Calgary - March 6
Edmonton - March 7
Whitehorse - March 8
Kamloops - March 10
Victoria - March 12

This would cost about $5,000 each for Jodie & I in air fares plus another $2,500 for hotel rooms = $12,500.

So if any of you want to give money, thats what we'd use it for.

Once we get $3,000 raised, I'll book all the flights, and hope the rest can continue to be raised. Its possible various hemp stores who have been our friends can sponsor the leg of the trip in their community, in addition to any individual donations.

16 Cities - One Message "Ending Prohibition in Our Time: My Crusade to Free The Cannabis Culture."

To contribute to this fund via paypal, send your $ to
jodie_giesz@hotmail.com

Of course, I need court permission to travel in Canada outside the province of BC, and if the Crown Prosecutor representing the US government objects to my tour, it may present problems, but we will apply next week for permission.

I need people to rent out the library, or a meeting hall, or some such place with an amplified sound system,for me to speak. Anyone who wants to arrange that please pm me here on these forums or email me at marc@cannabisculture.com

You can donate to the FAREWELL TOUR in the following ways:

1) PayPal bank transfer:
Send to jodie_giesz@hotmail.com, or donate to the ChipIn

2) Cheque or money order:
Made out to "Marc Emery", memo "Farewell Tour"
307 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC
V6B 1H6
Canada

3) Cash donations:
Contribute in person at Marc Emery's Cannabis Culture Headquarters
307 West Hastings Street, Vancouver BC
(Deliver only to Marc Emery or Jodie Emery in the CC magazine office downstairs,
or to Anna, Rhiannon, or Brandon in the CC Headquarters store on the main floor.)

thebeat42
01-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Hmm.. that's very interesting.

In the case that he is allowed to leave the province, I would be willing to donate.

Hell, I'll be in Van in March anyways, hopefully I get to meet Marc and show my support.

InLoveWithRon
01-19-2008, 05:22 AM
I'm in Canada and I have donated $6,200 so far in chip'ins, as well as the official campaign.. I am a dual citizen..

I have also converted 17 of my family members (who are in the states) to Ron Paul and they are all voting for him.. Of the 17, four of them have become active campaigners for the Ron Paul movement..

misericordia
01-20-2008, 02:15 AM
Another Vancouverite. I am apolitical. I was googling words of the Virgin Mary on Freedom, Rights, War and Peace, and guess who popped up. can you believe that?

Ron Paul, says and does exactly as SHE advises...it electrified me.

There are a ton of warnings though, about what's coming down the pipe for all of us. We've given away too much of our liberty already to turn it around anytime soon.

dawnbt
01-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Im canadian as well, and i've gotten alot of people i know to donate to various chipin's in support of ron paul.

myself, i have contributed about $2k, and have probably got about 20 other canadians to contribute at least another $2k (total) to random projects.

Freedom is brewing, and not just in the U.S. :D

Wow! Very cool! Thanks! I have always loved Canada. I have a lot of family there.

thebeat42
01-20-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm in Canada and I have donated $6,200 so far in chip'ins, as well as the official campaign.. I am a dual citizen..

I have also converted 17 of my family members (who are in the states) to Ron Paul and they are all voting for him.. Of the 17, four of them have become active campaigners for the Ron Paul movement..

I like your family.