PDA

View Full Version : *How to Organize a Demonstration in Washington - STEP TWO *

hillertexas
02-12-2008, 01:41 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118730

Step Two - An idea whose time has come

*Decide on your cause and be specific. Make sure you are focused on the message you want to send to those watching.
*Create a symbol that represents your movement
*Name that demonstration!
*Create a core concept that can be expressed in seven words and put it on everything you publish. For example:
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs20/300W/f/2007/271/c/9/Ron_Paul_is_Truth_by_waterostrich.jpg

"The March Needs A Mission Objective"----> http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=120830
"What will be our message?" ----> http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=121292

Ron Paul's March For Freedom
that's what it is right?...no need for fancy names

Everyone has been talking about the Constitution and I think that is a good idea. But I think the subject is a little dry and sounds a little old fashioned.
What about an anti war protest?
If I, or we could be part of something I think an antiwar movement would be an incredibly honorable thing to do. It would be covered by the media most likely because it is not "our" niche idea. It could be joined by other parties, candidates, other countries citizens. Hell anyone could come and listen or speak.
If we could get other candidates for President, Congress to take a stand and to see that a large voting bloc would support them...
If we could limit future wars and end the current ones...

I was thinking that perhaps it could be spun a bit into a celebration rather than a political activist type of rally/march.
Sort of a giant celebration of liberty and the movement that Ron Paul has inspired: like a giant party for all that we have accomplished.
We could focus on getting those we like to call "Ron Paul Republicans" to be the main speakers in addition to RP. It is these individuals that will be carrying the torch of liberty for the days and years to come.
Of course, any media attention and high numbers would be wonderful. And including music and other entertainment is essential as well. It needs to be a serious day, but also a fun day.
But if we paint it as a "Celebration of Liberty" as the main theme the political action aspect will take care of itself.
Maybe we can start a "Celebrate Liberty PAC" :)
Just some thoughts.

Anti Lobbyists Protest. Get the Lobbuists out. That is a message that no person could argue with!

An American Celebration
Celebrate America
Hope For America Celebration

I don't think a bunch of us marching and listening to music and speakers is going to spark a revolution in this country.
This march needs a clear mission objective that meets the goals of the Ron Paul Revolution.
If the rally is on a Saturday, then many of us should show up on Friday when the Government offices are open and use our Right to Petition Our Grievances to the appropriate Government Servants of the People.
I'm not talking about anything disruptive, but if we all dropped by our Congressman's office and took a few minutes of their time or dropped off a list of concerns we might make some headway. Also setting up picket lines at certain agencies might be appropriate.
I'm not sure what the mission objective should be, and I'm probably not the best one to choose it, but we need to see this march on Washington as more than just a get together where we can hang out and listen to cool music.
If we are going to gather together en masse, then we need to accomplish more than just having a great weekend.

my 23 cents.
eb

I am just checking on whether or not Revolution March is going to be the official title of the march. I know right now the official website is revolutionmarch.com but I really believe that this should be changed.

We all know what we mean why we say this is a Revolution but unfortunately the rest of the population doesn't. Most people associate revolution with violence and radicals. I think it will be similar to the way people viewed Ron Paul's comments on Fascism. Fascism is not equal to Hitler just as Revolution is not equal to violence but most people don't know that.

I just thought about this now because I was thinking of ways to promote this. A newspaper ad promoting a "Revolution March" could be construed as being negative or inciting violence.

I don't think that Revolution is a word deserving of a negative stigma but nevertheless it has one. We would be much better off with something which everyone can find positive.

I am thinking the march should be about showing our support for Dr. Paul - that is should be a Dr. Paul rally in as much as he represents where we want our country to go. I have this fear that if we march or rally under the banner of something as nebulous to the American mind as "liberty" or "the Constitution" or "the rule of law" - which may be very specific in their meaning for many of us, they are abstractions for the rest of America and our impact will be lost. I mean, suppose we get media attention with half a million people and the media starts to ask us question and we say something like we are marching for liberty - what is that going to mean to the rest of America?

thegr8drronpaul
02-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Hiller, I like your organization :)

So shall we post some theme ideas here then move to a poll after?

MrAustin
02-12-2008, 02:06 AM
www.revolutionmarch.com

hillertexas
02-12-2008, 02:28 AM
Hiller, I like your organization :)

So shall we post some theme ideas here then move to a poll after?

I think that sounds like a great idea

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs26/300W/f/2008/039/4/7/47fb8b32397ef65d.jpg

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Everyone has been talking about the Constitution and I think that is a good idea. In fact I have printed one out and have been reading it to try to remember it.

But I think the subject is a little dry and sounds a little old fashioned.

What about an anti war protest? I know it has been done before. I know it is cliche.

But if I, or we could be part of something I think an antiwar movement would be an incredibly honorable thing to do. It would be covered by the media most likely because it is not "our" niche idea. It could be joined by other parties, candidates, other countries citizens. Hell anyone could come and listen or speak.

There are more ideas in the Ron Paul Revolution, but if we could get this done... If we could get other candidates for President, Congress to take a stand and to see that a large voting bloc would support them...

If we could limit future wars and end the current ones...

bucfish
02-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Anti Lobbyists Protest. Get the Lobbuists out. That is a message that no person could argue with!

mosquitobite
02-12-2008, 09:52 AM

I like that a lot!!

Either that or anti-pork (earmarks).

Some could wear pig masks or be like Sanford and someone bring actual pigs "Pork" and "Barrel"

:D

hillertexas
02-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Importance of tying the American Revolution to this campaign.

I am just wondering if this would be viable since we are dealing with an electorate that seems totally disconnected from the reality of what is being done to them by our government.

It just seems that the one way to reach them might be to remind them of the one event of which every American is somewhat cognizant and to which every American can emotionally relate and attach.

In essence we have a government oppressing us, but which is on steroids. The multiple wars , the economy, the frauds and lies visited upon the American people are apparently not, so far, really resonating enough to sway the people. But if they can relate it to what Britain did to us, perhaps they will open their eyes.

I really thought the Tea Party effort hit the nail on the head with its theme. The Liberty Tax theme also. So we need a rebirth of Independence. I think stressing independence is important and the more we can do that the better. Simple, but relative and maybe would strike a cord with the general public, if we can get past the attitude of government as parent agenda.

Just my thoughts, of course.
//

hillertexas
02-12-2008, 02:54 PM
We must make it a march centered around the message, not the man. Make it a march for the Constitution. Make it a march for freedom. Then you won't have people discussing whether or not we should "let" people exercise their first amendment rights. Instead, it can be a celebration of people's diverse points of view and God-given right to express them. We won't encourage this collectivist mindset where everyone argues about what hurts Ron Paul and what doesn't and who needs to be censored by the majority. Make it about freedom, not about Ron Paul.

No matter what there are going to be people who don't want to be censored, if it is a Ron Paul rally, there are going to be many people who want to censor. Make it about freedom, not about Ron Paul.

This will also bring others into the fold who aren't necessarily supporting Paul-- civil liberties people, 2nd amendment people, and so on.

Furthermore, even if you were able to persuade every single person who sincerely wants to express a politically incorrect message not to (which will never happen), don't you think our enemies are going to bring out people with controversial signs no matter what to undermine us? It's going to happen, and the media is going to zero in on that small minority like they always do. If we make it a rally about restoring the rule of law and the Constitution, this will insulate the Paul campaign from this kind of thing and prevent division between people who want to express less popular messages (whether sincere or not) and people who want to censor them to "protect" Ron Paul.
//

statesman
02-12-2008, 03:18 PM
sticky!

mosquitobite
02-13-2008, 02:04 PM
great points

hillertexas
02-16-2008, 11:43 PM
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs20/300W/f/2007/271/c/9/Ron_Paul_is_Truth_by_waterostrich.jpghttp://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs22/300W/f/2007/336/a/b/Ron_Paul__Success_by_JohnnyZito.jpg

revolutionary8
02-17-2008, 12:16 AM
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs20/300W/f/2007/271/c/9/Ron_Paul_is_Truth_by_waterostrich.jpghttp://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs22/300W/f/2007/336/a/b/Ron_Paul__Success_by_JohnnyZito.jpg

I love this Hillertexas!

Agent CSL
02-20-2008, 12:24 AM
<3 bump

CareerTech1
02-20-2008, 08:31 AM
good stuff

VoteForRonPaul
02-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Where is step one? :)

hillertexas
02-20-2008, 10:14 PM