PDA

View Full Version : Cafferty File - Reports on "Educating Rudy"

LibertyOrDie
05-24-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm watching it right now!

The 5p.m. Hour Question:
5 p.m.: Is Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul out of line giving fellow candidate Rudy Giuliani a reading assignment?

Go here:

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/situation.room/

Click on "Answer Jack's questions now" to respond and he'll select some to read on air!

[ADMIN EDIT] Show is over. Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTy314ZetWk

SeanEdwards
05-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Today's Cafferty file question on CNN is the following:

Is Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul out of line giving fellow candidate Rudy Giuliani a reading assignment?

Viewers can submit responses to the question at www.cnn.cm/caffertyfile

SeanEdwards
05-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Sorry, didn't see that a thread already existed for this.

DOH!

SeanEdwards
05-24-2007, 03:22 PM
I wrote in and said:

Paul was way out of line for assigning books beyond Rudy's reading level. "My Pet Goat" would be a more appropriate selection.

Jeff556
05-24-2007, 03:24 PM
I wrote in and said:

Paul was way out of line for assigning books beyond Rudy's reading level. "My Pet Goat" would be a more appropriate selection.

LOL

TheConstitutionLives
05-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Here's the correct link to the feedback portion.

Your answer needs to be for Question 5-6pm

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5t.html

NewEnd
05-24-2007, 03:26 PM
sent --

Why read? They attacked us because we eat cheeseburgers and listen to Sanjaya. They hate us because women wear levis and drink Pepsi's. No need to read. They hate our freedoms so much, I propose we take them all away, that way, the terrorist will have nothing left to attack.

LibertyOrDie
05-24-2007, 03:27 PM
I wrote in and said:

LOL, that's great! This is what I sent:

Not at all! I'm tired of politicians giving cheap sound bites for popularity without any consequences regarding facts. So good for Ron Paul, it's about time we have someone calling them out. It was Giuliani's own arrogance that has gotten him into this mess, it should take more than sound bites to get him out. Where are your facts to back up your argument Mr. Giuliani?

disciple
05-24-2007, 03:29 PM
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5t.html

disciple
05-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Check the 5-6pm box.

MusoSpuso
05-24-2007, 03:32 PM
My $0.02 that I wrote in:

"Is it out of line to question the man who claims to be a great fighter of terrorism yet has not even read the 9/11 report which he himself testified for?

This man is asking the american people to "hire" him for a job--the job of president of the United States of America. It is every citizen's duty to question the credentials of someone who proposes to protect the constitution and our liberty.

And in this regard, Guliani fails miserably and totally as evidenced by his knee jerk, ignorant response during the May 15th GOP debate.

Ron Paul is simply calling him out and asking that he take responsibility for his actions and words. Apologizing for his mis-informed outburst towards the good Dr. couldn't hurt either."

Probably too long winded for T.V =(

CurtisLow
05-24-2007, 03:33 PM
I wrote:

"Is Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul out of line giving fellow candidate Rudy Giuliani a reading assignment?"

Hell no! It's one thing to be a ex-mayor and run a city. But if you what to run a country, educating yourself before you open your mouth might save you some embarrassment, when you don't know what your taking about. Ask Bush!

Apparently Ron Paul does know what he's talking about. being he's in his 9th term in office.

wwycher
05-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Shh!!! My name is Wudy and I'm huwnting tewowist. Wook, tewowist twacks. Twapped in his own twacks.

slantedview
05-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Not only is Ron Paul not out of line for giving Rudy Giuliani a reading assignment, but based on Mr. Giuliani's uninformed statement during the debate, it would be prudent for Giuliani to actually read what's on the list given by Mr. Paul. Giuliani clearly lacks understanding of the basic concept of blowback, which was a part of the 9/11 report. Ron Paul should be commended for bringing this issue to the forefront.

tekkierich
05-24-2007, 03:35 PM
The Presidency of the United States is too important to be won and lost on sound bites. We need intellectual debate. The public can handle it. Ron Paul can handle it. Can Giuliani?

Korey Kaczynski
05-24-2007, 03:38 PM
If the Islamic fundamentalists were so concerned about our freedom, why did the terrorist attacks of September 11 happen in the US and not, say, Sweden? Just because Giuliani stayed up all night after the attacks doesn't mean he knows anything about the effects of bad foreign policy.

slantedview
05-24-2007, 03:41 PM
My brother (an Iraq veteran) sent this response to the NYT blog, and something similar to CNN:

I just have to say that to say the following is just ignorant:
“And to further declare Rudy Giuliani needs to be educated on September 11th when millions of people around the world saw him dealing with these terrorist attacks firsthand is just as absurd.”

I have served in Iraq twice and every time an suicide bombing occured a few miles from where I was I didn't claim that I "lived through" another suicide bombing. I surely wouldn't expect anyone to believe that since I "lived through" a suicide bombing I must have all the answers to the questions like what the culprit's motive or cause was for doing it. Just because someone "lived through" the attacks of September 11th doesn't make them any more qualified than anyone else to explain the reasoning that these terrorists had to carry out these grusome attacks.

In fact, I would think that the 9/11 commision, which spent a good portion of their career studying 9/11, would be a lot more credible source to explain the attacks of September 11th. Ron Paul obviously actually takes the time to educate himself on the issues that our country is facing right now. The media continues to ignore his massive online support. We can all see that Ron Paul is the best candidate to take this country back to it's core values and stop the government from interfering in the lives of Americans. Ron Paul 2008!

kylejack
05-24-2007, 03:41 PM
My message:

Rudy Giuliani was out of line to speak out of turn and denigrate Ron Paul using a point that was not factually accurate. It scored him points in the heat of the moment, but ultimately made him look uninformed. I urge Rudy to complete the assignment.

LibertyOrDie
05-24-2007, 03:42 PM
I was worried that some people might not send it a message when I posted this, but you guys are great, I love them all! Hopefully we'll get some more before this airs.

wwycher
05-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Rudy is an greedy wife beating child neglecting crook who made at least 50 million off of 9/11 so far. Screw mainstream media, they're crooks too. We just need to get people to hear RP's message. The true power is his message. MSM would tell us ," Do you want Chocholate ice cream or Vanilla?". I don't want ice cream, I want a friggin' steak, stop tring to give me ice cream. RP's message is steak. People who have been eatin' ice cream their whole lives will have a hard time sitting down and eating
20 oz. of RP's message. We got cut it into little pieces for them to swallow it. Don't believe the hype.

Jeff556
05-24-2007, 03:44 PM
My Response:

Giuliani's ignorance towards foreign policy and towards history in general is alarming considering that he is the Republican front runner. Just because he can stand on a pile of rubble and declare himself a master of security does not make him qualified to be president, it makes him a veteran politican who knows how to play to people's emotions. I think Paul's reading assignment is unnecessary because if a 63-year-old politican does not know the concept of the CIA term "blowback", then he probably does not know how to read.

Eric B
05-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Yes: Rudy exemplified the arrogance of the what the Repulican Party has become using emotional one liners and chest beating rather than rational argument to justify their positions. Ron Paul is right to educate Rudy and send a message to all of America that it is time to pay attention to the FACTS.

disciple
05-24-2007, 03:46 PM
"I think they hate us because of our pretty women."

CurtisLow
05-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Is there a live feed via the Internet CNN?

joshdvm
05-24-2007, 03:52 PM
"Is Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul out of line giving fellow candidate Rudy Giuliani a reading assignment?"

My Response:

That is for Mr. Giuliani to decide and there's an easy way to settle it:

Congressman Paul has publicly challenged Mr. Giuliani to a debate on foreign policy. If Mr. Giuliani is so confident that Congressman Paul's statements at the South Carolina Republican Debate were 'absurd,' then he should jump at the opportunity to set Congressman straight and accept Ron Paul's challenge.

LibertyOrDie
05-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Is there a live feed via the Internet CNN?

They post it on-line, I'll make sure to post it on YouTube for exposure!

slantedview
05-24-2007, 03:58 PM

My Response:

That is for Mr. Giuliani to decide and there's an easy way to settle it:

Congressman Paul has publicly challenged Mr. Giuliani to a debate on foreign policy. If Mr. Giuliani is so confident that Congressman Paul's statements at the South Carolina Republican Debate were 'absurd,' then he should jump at the opportunity to set Congressman straight and accept Ron Paul's challenge.

Nice response. Everyone be sure to sign the petition :)

brumans
05-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Wow, Rudy got wrecked. There wasn't one comment in favor for him.

JoshLowry
Haha, they read some good responses...

The last one "Who is Ron Paul? Am I alone on this one...?" had me crack a smile.

llamabread
They just showed it. There were 7 responces, the first six all saying that Rudy would be wise to read them and his comments were wrong, and the last one said...

"Who is Ron Paul? Am I alone on this one?"

LibertyOrDie
05-24-2007, 04:04 PM
They just showed it. There were 7 responces, the first six all saying that Rudy would be wise to read them and his comments were wrong, and the last one said...

"Who is Ron Paul? Am I alone on this one?"

That part was so great, even Cafferty couldn't help but chuckle after he read it!

Erazmus
05-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Not only should Rudy read the books, but he'll be quizzed on them too.

theblatanttruth
05-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Hahaha, boy oh boy

I had a wisdom tooth cut and pulled out early this morning and I've been layed up on pain medication all day in a haze... right when I felt like rolling over to turn on the TV I seen Jack propose his viewer response question and it lifted me right out of the haze with a smile on my face as I thought to myself... "The sh*t and the fan are about to collide!"

tekkierich
05-24-2007, 04:11 PM
anyone have a transcript of all the responses?

Jeff556
05-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Transcript or a video?

surf
05-24-2007, 04:15 PM
if not, i'd surmise that we are not alone....

Feel free to move this post

JosephTheLibertarian
05-24-2007, 04:19 PM
This was a victory :) This proves that Giuliani doesn't have a supportive base, he is all money.

Erazmus
05-24-2007, 04:21 PM
This was a victory :) This proves that Giuliani doesn't have a supportive base, he is all money.

Well, he still has his MSM cheerleaders.

Bossobass
05-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Remember folks, Rudy is not ignorant of the facts, he was just banking on the fact that Americans are ignorant of the facts.
Most Americans bought it. An old friend who had not heard of RP called me and asked if I had heard anything about Giuiani smacking down that nut, Ron Paul.
Needles to say, I certainly had heard, since I attended the debate in SC and met Ron Paul afterward 8^)
Oh, my friend is now a registered member of this forum.

Bosso

Erazmus
05-24-2007, 04:25 PM
...since I attended the debate in SC and met Ron Paul afterward 8^)

Bosso, did the audience really clap like that, or did they embellish it? I also heard that audience members were pre-screened. Can you shed any light on this claim? Thanks.

cujothekitten
05-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTy314ZetWk