PDA

View Full Version : Ames Newspaper Ad

robatsu
08-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Everytime I look at that thing, I'm just in awe of the qualtity of the product. I deal w/pr firms, marketing campaigns, and it is completely unthinkable that something of that inspirational quality could be conceived and delivered in a couple of days by mercenary hacks. The analogy to this is the open source movement, which has been turning out software products that are world beating - loosely organized, self motivated networks that love what they are doing are truly competitive. This ad is as good as evidence of that as MySQL or Linux.

0zzy
08-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Scan that shiz!

V4Vendetta
08-10-2007, 11:53 PM
whos got a scanned picture of it?????

DeadheadForPaul
08-11-2007, 12:04 AM
I dont think anyone will have their hands on it until a couple hours from now when it's public

The ad image is on a thread

MozoVote
08-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Xar said he'd make it publicly available after the weekend, when he can get a little more professional help putting the ad into a full quality distributable file.

robatsu
08-11-2007, 12:20 AM
This thing is a symphony. I just have a hard time thinking of comparable things that have the same combination of artistry, utility, efficiency, expediency, etc. Truly, a masterpiece in every sense of the word, and bravo, dudes.

DeadheadForPaul
08-11-2007, 12:23 AM
This thing is a symphony. I just have a hard time thinking of comparable things that have the same combination of artistry, utility, efficiency, expediency, etc. Truly, a masterpiece in every sense of the word, and bravo, dudes.

xar and a few others were the masterminds behind this. Truly extraordinary given the time constraint. I hope I run into him at an event so I can buy him a beer or 6 :cool:

Syren123
08-11-2007, 12:29 AM
It truly is a work of excellence.

When this is all over and we've carried Dr Paul on our shoulders into the White House, I want all of this stuff - this print ad, the radio spot you guys did, all the YouTube vids, the stories about Iowa and college outreach and blogs and sign waving etc etc etc to all be collected and documented...it is remarkable what you - all of us - have done. The time, effort, networking, helping out, creating things, money...amazing.

Razmear
08-11-2007, 12:32 AM
The best quality ad image currently available is on the RonPaulMosaic.com site, click on the image on the front page to get the much bigger one.

eb

Revolution9
08-11-2007, 12:40 AM
The best quality ad image currently available is on the RonPaulMosaic.com site, click on the image on the front page to get the much bigger one.

eb

Oh My God!:eek: I clicked on it and the last time i saw it was the black bar one.. I was floored. Stunning! Soul Piercing! Awesome! Magnificent! Brilliant! Ben Franklin is admiring it from his grave! It literally has a force to it that knocked me back into the chair like a blast of cool magickal air. I have tears in my eyes.. That is sheer divne power! I must now email it around!!!

WOW!
Randy

robatsu
08-11-2007, 12:46 AM
xar and a few others were the masterminds behind this. Truly extraordinary given the time constraint. I hope I run into him at an event so I can buy him a beer or 6 :cool:

Dude, I wish I could meet him so I could hire him. I gotta a web service to run. I'll get him all the beerz he needs.

Lord Xar
08-11-2007, 12:48 AM
Dude, I wish I could meet him so I could hire him. I gotta a web service to run. I'll get him all the beerz he needs.

uhmmm. I do alot of contracting work on the side. I am a programmer mostly... so, uhmm yeah.. HOOK A BROTHA UP!!!!!!!!! :-)

And for those who want to buy me beers? Great.. I was mostly the Project Manager on this last task -- but I will definetly take you up on the drinks.. though I am more of a Jack & Coke man....

Syren123
08-11-2007, 12:58 AM
Since Lord Xar lives in Los Angeles and so do I, I'll take it upon myself to buy him the first round of Jack & Cokes in all of your names.

I know I know...pretty selfless of me.

Name the day and place, Xar, and we'll line 'em up.

Lord Xar
08-11-2007, 01:00 AM
Since Lord Xar lives in Los Angeles and so do I, I'll take it upon myself to buy him the first round of Jack & Cokes in all of your names.

I know I know...pretty selfless of me.

Name the day and place, Xar, and we'll line 'em up.

oh! pm me -- whereabouts in los angeles?

Razmear
08-11-2007, 02:14 AM
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/1250

Unbelievable...People From All Over The World !
Posted August 10th, 2007 by fonta
in

* Ames Ad News

are calling the newspaper and ordering copies. The man I just talked to from the paper said he couldn't believe it. He said he just got a call from Iraq that was heartbreaking...lots of military people calling...people from countries he's never talked to....people from everywhere. I think the guy is a Ron Paul fan now. He LOVES the way the ad looks too. Said he was amazed when he got a call saying we are trying to raise the money...and we did...and now all this.

That newspaper hasn't seen so much excitement in a long time. He said the whole town is excited.

Folks...no matter how the Straw Poll turns out vote-wise, this is a HUGE
success. The ad...the response already to the ad...the response to Ron Paul. MSM picking up the Paulers Taking the Romney Bus story (because they think it is funny!.) "Some" of our unorthodox ways are print-worthy.

And, whether the stir about the "machines" was okay with everyone or not....there finally is some press...people want their votes to count!
I'm pumped...

---

I'm pumped too!!!

eb

Man from La Mancha
08-11-2007, 02:27 AM
Wooooooooooooooow

Lord Xar
08-11-2007, 02:53 AM
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/1250

Unbelievable...People From All Over The World !
Posted August 10th, 2007 by fonta
in

* Ames Ad News

are calling the newspaper and ordering copies. The man I just talked to from the paper said he couldn't believe it. He said he just got a call from Iraq that was heartbreaking...lots of military people calling...people from countries he's never talked to....people from everywhere. I think the guy is a Ron Paul fan now. He LOVES the way the ad looks too. Said he was amazed when he got a call saying we are trying to raise the money...and we did...and now all this.

That newspaper hasn't seen so much excitement in a long time. He said the whole town is excited.

Folks...no matter how the Straw Poll turns out vote-wise, this is a HUGE
success. The ad...the response already to the ad...the response to Ron Paul. MSM picking up the Paulers Taking the Romney Bus story (because they think it is funny!.) "Some" of our unorthodox ways are print-worthy.

And, whether the stir about the "machines" was okay with everyone or not....there finally is some press...people want their votes to count!
I'm pumped...

---

I'm pumped too!!!

eb

oh my! I Hope the ad comes out looking awesome.. so, the newspaper guy says he is touched!! that is great...

Dustancostine
08-11-2007, 06:31 AM
oh my! I Hope the ad comes out looking awesome.. so, the newspaper guy says he is touched!! that is great...

Listen to this.

He was so touched that at about 7:00 last night someone from the Ames paper comes over to the RP tent and drops off about 500 of the ads printed out on newspaper size white paper.

So today not only will the ad be in the paper. But we have 500 to pass out. Xar and everyone else y'all have done a wonderful job. I am so proud to be apart of this.

Also Ernie from Ron Paul Revolution in Phoenix took a video of what the paper sent over with an explanation of the project and is going to get it up on youtube sometime.

--Dustan

LibertyEagle
08-11-2007, 06:36 AM
How nice of them! Geez. :) I can't wait until everyone sees it. Especially, Dr. Paul.

Johnnybags
08-11-2007, 06:38 AM
at the right time. I know the good DR has many fans around the world looking for a regime change in the USA but ordering a newspaper from Ames? Coooool.

ChristopherJ
08-11-2007, 06:47 AM
yeah, the guy I talked to said he had calls from Germany and England to buy the paper.

mrchubbs
08-11-2007, 06:53 AM
Listen to this.

He was so touched that at about 7:00 last night someone from the Ames paper comes over to the RP tent and drops off about 500 of the ads printed out on newspaper size white paper.

So today not only will the ad be in the paper. But we have 500 to pass out. Xar and everyone else y'all have done a wonderful job. I am so proud to be apart of this.

Also Ernie from Ron Paul Revolution in Phoenix took a video of what the paper sent over with an explanation of the project and is going to get it up on youtube sometime.

--Dustan

Hmmmm... maybe I should just subscribe to that paper yearly. Awesome.

Cowlesy
08-11-2007, 06:58 AM
Damn good of the paper to drop off a bunch of copies for the RP tent.

Perhaps the national campaign should buy the rights to the ad (arms-length/FEC-copasetic transaction) and start getting this in papers statewide prior to the caucuses.

jmarinara
08-11-2007, 07:04 AM
That was just unbelievable. Nice job.

deedles
08-11-2007, 07:14 AM
I have ordered a copy and have several people from my meetup group (here in Wisconsin) are down in Iowa today, volunteering. I'll be calling them soon to tell them to snap up some newspapers.

I'm so glad to have been a contributor to the effort and more importantly a supporter of the We The People version with the Constitution behind the image... to my mind, that was obvious as a statement of fact. Ron Paul is pretty much all we have left of the Constitution in Washington and 'We The People' want our government back.

God, I pray Americans join this second revolution en masse....:(

Ninja Homer
08-11-2007, 07:21 AM
This is awesome!

Does anybody know if it's still possible to order more?

LibertyEagle
08-11-2007, 07:22 AM
They will. We just have to do our jobs and get his message out there ON THE GROUND. We own the internet, but so many people don't spend their lives on here. We've got to get to THEM. It will be outside of many of our comfort zones, but we've got to somehow get outside and get this information out.

d991
08-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but is there a link with information as to how to order a copy of the paper?!

Revolution9
08-11-2007, 07:47 AM
They will. We just have to do our jobs and get his message out there ON THE GROUND. We own the internet, but so many people don't spend their lives on here. We've got to get to THEM. It will be outside of many of our comfort zones, but we've got to somehow get outside and get this information out.

If a version of the ad can be had without he Straw Poll taglines on it so I can replace them with ones for Atlanta I would like to see a download for that. Ron is coming to Atlanta on the 24th!!!yay!~~!~ and this would make a great telephone pole/urban wall poster. I will bet they get torn down and collected. What a striking image! It still brought a tear to my eye this morning knowing what energies are behind this. We/Us/Youguys rock the house and the heart! I have been awaiting ths mobilsation for two decades and am psyched we have arrived on the scene with The Good Doctor as our spokesman.

A full page ad in Creative Loafing here, which would reach about a million people when considering the secondary reads and the number of offices and coffeeshops where it is out as standard browsing materials costs is 4725.The size the current format naturally firts is 1/3rd page which looks fairly big relatively speaking costs just $1470. If folks think it would be a good idea to pump the Ron Paul visit to The Galleria in Atlanta via this ad in the widest circulated paper here i will put the effort in. I ain't a money guy and keep poor records. (I am an artist not an accountant!) so maybe if it happens Lord Xar or other could handle donation collection. I will track the thread later if there is interest. This image can be burned into every minds eye in America.

Best Regards
Randy

nullvalu
08-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Has anyone scanned it yet?

mport1
08-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Listen to this.

--Dustan

Wow, that is really cool of them. We need to thank them profusely.

mport1
08-11-2007, 07:53 AM
If a version of the ad can be had without he Straw Poll taglines on it so I can replace them with ones for Atlanta I would like to see a download for that. Ron is coming to Atlanta on the 24th!!!yay!~~!~ and this would make a great telephone pole/urban wall poster. I will bet they get torn down and collected. What a strinkng image! It still brought a tear to my eye this morning knowing what energies are behind this. We/Us/Youguys rock the house and the heart! I have been awaiting ths mobilsation for two decades and am psyched we have arrived on the scene with The Good Doctor as our spokesman.

A full page ad in Creative Loafing here, which would reach about a million people when considering the secondary reads and the number of offices and coffeeshops where it is out as standard browsing materials costs is 4725.The size the current format naturally firts is 1/3rd page which looks fairly big relatively speaking costs just $1470. If folks think it would be a good idea to pump the Ron Paul visit to The Galleria in Atlanta via this ad in the widest circulated paper here i will put the effort in. I ain't a money guy and keep poor records. (I am an artist not an accountant!) so maybe if it happens Lord Xar or other could handle donation collection. I will track the thread later if there is interest. This image can be burned into every minds eye in America.

Best Regards
Randy

Wow, I didn't know Ron was coming on the 24th! That is so awesome. Do you have some details, because that isn't on the website.

Razmear
08-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Has anyone scanned it yet?

Click my sig link.
It should be higher quality than a scan, there is a 140 dpi version if you click the pic of the ad.
A generic 300dpi version is in the works by Lord Xar

eb

disciple
08-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Make a poster of it and hang it in your offices.

Revolution9
08-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Click my sig link.
It should be higher quality than a scan, there is a 140 dpi version if you click the pic of the ad.
A generic 300dpi version is in the works by Lord Xar

eb

Thanks guys. I could have done it in Photoshop easily but this is your brilliant piece of work and you should provide the generic. I would also stick to the format when naming the event.here in Atlanta for example..or I saw someone say they wanted to blanket this in New Hampshire if I recalll the gist of that poster correctly.

Madison Avenue types working for other campaigns jaws are on the floor. There is NOTHING they can come up with to top this. I have been involved in rock and roll and concert stage design and crap like that for a long time.. This human event beats the living daylights out of that hands down for tension, excitement and fulfillment, and whoopin' some royal ass. There are alot of bases to cover and a gazillion point five personality types we are now new compatriots with.. Forge ahead People..

I would like to make a side note here. When fascist/communist/dictatorial/theocratic regimes take over a society they put a straglehold on the Arts and force artists to produce Statist propaganda. The work here of Razmear, Lord Xar and the many others who contributed to this lightning bolt snatched from the heavens and brought to the public via the virtual and physical printing press, and Avaroths consistently brilliant and soul shaking videos are why tyrants are frightened of the ARTIST and must attempt to coopt and subvert their God Given talents.

Best Regards and a Tip O' The Hat!
Randy

inibo
08-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but is there a link with information as to how to order a copy of the paper?!

This is the info that got posted yesterday. Don't know if they are still taking orders today.

If you want to order a copy from the Tribune: 1-800-234-TRIB ext 309. till 6 PM CDT.

Or e-mail them at circulation@amestrib.com and request papers.

The price will be $2.00 per paper.

Include your address, and a phone number where they can contact you and they will send the papers and follow up for payment.

mport1
08-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Anybody know about this Atlanta event?

bobmurph
08-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Nothing on Eventful about an 8/24 visit to Atl either.

MozoVote
08-11-2007, 09:28 AM
I bet you cold fold the ad a couple of times, tape it shut, and make a really cool lettergram. Plus you could write on the inside a personal appeal or even say "That's my face on Ron's ear!" or something. :)

Imagine the effect of THAT mailing.

krott5333
08-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Lord Xar is working on some generic copies without the Ames strawpoll stuff at the bottom.. give him a few days, patience people! he said it'll be 2-3 days

ronpaulitician
08-11-2007, 11:20 AM
I can't wait to see what it actually looks like in the paper.

Lord Xar
08-11-2007, 11:30 AM
I can't wait to see what it actually looks like in the paper.

I saw the "other" ad I put out, and I was not pleased.. I was hoping for a pixel to pixel replica... it wasn't --- perhaps the first ad was somehow wrong.. I hope this one is better.... much better....
hopefully my guy, who has a ton of print experience, made it so the print would be nice.

LibertyEagle
08-11-2007, 11:31 AM
I saw the "other" ad I put out, and I was not pleased.. I was hoping for a pixel to pixel replica... it wasn't --- perhaps the first ad was somehow wrong.. I hope this one is better.... much better....
hopefully my guy, who has a ton of print experience, made it so the print would be nice.

What?? What did it look like?