PDA

View Full Version : Why not use the thundering Sound of Silence?

JiMMy_247
02-11-2008, 10:25 PM
I realize the general triviality of this type of thing and I am normally the first person to suggest just campaigning door to door, canvassing or becoming a precinct captain. However I really think the steam has been taken out of our movement. We need something to inject a little bit of juice back into it. Really any big stunt will do. We just need something that won’t take a lot of effort, time or money away from real campaigning but can ‘refresh’ the revolution. It wouldn’t hurt if a few media outlets took notice again. They may not report on marches or positive results at the polls, but one thing they can’t help but report on is us doing something strange. This particular stunt was brought to my attention and I thought it might work. It’s kind of silly but it meets all the requirements I just mentioned. Its free, it’s fun and it makes a statement. Maybe if this was done in a mall, a busy part of town in several cities, whatever… I think it might just help get the spirit back in the movement. If not this particular stunt, than suggest something like it. Like I said, normally I’m not so into ‘stunts’ but I think we need one to get some of the tired members of the movement moving again.

They called it a freeze bomb (probably not the best name) and they have it cued for April 1st right now. I know it sounds ridiculous but just read this and when you watch the video, you’ll get it. The idea is to freeze in position at noon, no matter what you’re doing. You hold in position for at least 5 minutes, and then just go about your business. The message is: Stop the war-Stop the spending-Stop the Real ID-Stop the spying-just STOP. All of it of course should be centered around Ron Paul. Now just watch this video where a few people did this and watch the reaction of the crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo

Sey.Naci
02-11-2008, 10:36 PM
That is really cool!!!

bcreps85
02-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Interesting and original...bump.

Might turn a few heads, but my thoughts are we have to find a way to infuse Ron Paul into it...if no one gets the message it is pointless.

Freedom4theWorld
02-11-2008, 10:46 PM
this is so cool, just great !!!
no doubt this will raise some eyebrows
lets get going

JiMMy_247
02-11-2008, 10:48 PM
You cant do this while carrying signs, but everyone involved could be wearing some Ron Paul gear or a military uniform. I'm sure there would be a few creative twists that people would add. For instance to trigger the end, one person shouts "Ron Paul Revolution" then everyone else says "Reinstate the Constitution!" and begin moving again. You could do a lot with something like this. It would get people talking again, thats for sure.

RSLudlum
02-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Damn good thing! :D

I Am Weasel
02-11-2008, 10:54 PM
ya know... if I freeze, and have an accident while driving my car... well, that just may be difficult to explain

skeryl
02-11-2008, 10:57 PM
i love it but it needs to be a very coordinated effort that needs to be undertaken maybe during the march in DC.

JiMMy_247
I think folks in cars or people that are being chased by tigers at the time will get a pass :D

VRP08
The idea is great!

Nyte
02-11-2008, 11:00 PM
//

RSLudlum
02-11-2008, 11:01 PM
need to get this idea out to the Meetups!!

Notifying mine right now.

Sey.Naci
02-11-2008, 11:03 PM
This is brilliant. It has a kind of Atlas Shrugged theme to it: the wheels of commerce and industry - the workers, defenders, entrepreneurs and inventors - stop in protest.

the_bee
02-11-2008, 11:05 PM
bumper

JiMMy_247
02-11-2008, 11:06 PM
If somebody can donate some web space for a page, i can throw together a video if we definitely want to pursue this.

Dave39168
02-11-2008, 11:19 PM
nice

mikeycapz
02-11-2008, 11:20 PM
That looks so eye catching lol. We should all have a different sign stating Ron Paul stance on the issues and just freeze!

Neomatrix
02-11-2008, 11:36 PM
This is way cool. Make sure you pee before going out!:D

Sey.Naci
02-13-2008, 02:01 PM
bump

N13
02-13-2008, 02:09 PM
That is a powerful technique.

Bruno
02-13-2008, 02:11 PM
I like it. We could do it nationwide and hold at least a small RP sign so people would know why.

Make sure you are in a good strategic place to do this (not driving of course, perhaps above a freeway overpass, crowded mall, park, etc.

MJfromCT
02-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Very Cool!

Sey.Naci
02-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Or hold a copy of his book! The Revolution: A Manifesto (http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/dp/0446537519)

boondoggle
02-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Eh, what the hell. It might make us seem crazy, but we'd need to get people in specific areas together, i.e. to malls, stores, banks (maybe not banks...), etc.

It won't matter if we aren't in majority wherever it won't go down. And, while it looks like a ton of fun, we might just come off as a little crazy.

If we want news' attention, we should find something related to them. Does Murdoch own any stores?

amy31416
02-13-2008, 02:32 PM
I actually watched that twice, really interesting....

AFM
02-13-2008, 02:33 PM
What if you have to take a dump?

ronpaulbillboards
02-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Some friends and I were talking about the same idea, we pick a day and on that day we all wear Ron Paul shirts or buttons and such. No talking, sign waving or anything. Just everybody walking around with Ron Paul gear on conducting their normal daily business. Just act like it's another day and when people come to you, then you inform them about Ron Paul and his message. It will spark some curiosity if they see several different people in different places and at work wearing Ron Paul gear but are not making a big commotion and talking about it.
They will wonder what this is about and what are they missing.
We need to plan this seriously!

Sarge
02-13-2008, 03:34 PM
That was great. If done in a high traffic location with large groups, it sure could get some attention.

Notice how the people walking through stopped. We could get the message out big time to many people at once.

States that have not yet voted should try this. 5 minutes here and 5 minutes there in a day would make people start to talk and wake up. They would spread word on seeing that.

Put your wallets where they can't swipe them though.

liberteebell
02-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Eh, what the hell. It might make us seem crazy, but we'd need to get people in specific areas together, i.e. to malls, stores, banks (maybe not banks...), etc.

It won't matter if we aren't in majority wherever it won't go down. And, while it looks like a ton of fun, we might just come off as a little crazy.

If we want news' attention, we should find something related to them. Does Murdoch own any stores?

Don't they already think we're crazy? ;)

We're going to have to be pro-active to get media attention. Make friends with someone in the media and ask them to cover this event and also issue press releases.

Meatwasp
02-13-2008, 03:49 PM
That really made me laugh for the first time in awhile. Thanks

Sarge
02-13-2008, 03:50 PM
The more I think about it, it would be great to see 100K or more people frozen in DC besides the ones in Congress.

Spread out and filmed at a highly visible location. That would be an attention getter for sure. The news could not ignore that one. Let local stations know ahead of time so they get it filmed at the rally.

Miles of frozen people.

Just a thought.

phoenixzorn
02-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Let's do it in College Common Areas.... UW-Milwaukee has a HUGE Common Hall that is viewable from two floors above it, and this would be seen by thousands of people in one shot... 100 people to walk in with RP shirts on, and stop... it would be incredible.

Lucid American
02-13-2008, 04:17 PM
HAHAHA -- GREAT, GREAT IDEA!

I think people should meet up in concentrated areas -- otherwise it wouldn't cause that kind of reaction, but what a fantastic form of civil protest!

Maybe there should be buttons made up or something that everyone could wear, and it should be at a busy time on April 15 or something.

Great possibilities for real!

RlxdN10sity
02-13-2008, 04:51 PM
I think it could be effective, but it needs to be done in environments similiar to the one in the video. The number of people participating needs to be very significant relative to the number witnesses in order to have the same effect.