PDA

View Full Version : Message from the campaign: If you're for Ron Paul, Vote for Ron Paul

LibertyEagle
02-11-2008, 10:17 PM
http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/02/11/if-youre-for-ron-paul-vote-for-ron-paul/

If You’re for Ron Paul, Vote for Ron Paul

In a few supporter forums the idea is going around that one way to help Ron Paul might be to vote for Mike Huckabee in the hope that if Huckabee wins enough delegates we might get a brokered convention in the fall. Most of the supporters who like this idea at least say that it should only be tried in those winner-take-all primary states where Ron Paul has the least favorable odds.

I strongly advise against this tactical voting. Ron Paul is serious when he says he wants to win every possible vote as well as every possible national delegate. That includes your vote, even if the state you’re in presents seemingly unsurmountable odds against Dr. Paul. Our candidate is fighting hard for the nomination, and his goal, which should be our goal, is not to try to create a brokered convention, but to win every vote he can. The nomination is at stake, and much more is at stake too, including the future of the Republican Party and the future of the Republic. To build up the Ron Paul revolution, we need to show as much strength as possible in every contest, and we need the support and loyalty of everyone who wants to get back to the Constitution.

The deal worked out between our delegates and Mike Huckabee’s in West Virginia was one thing. Ron Paul was eliminated in the first round of voting and did not appear on the ballot in the second round, so our delegates who voted for Huckabee were not deserting Ron Paul — and, crucially, they were voting for Huckabee only because Huckabee’s people promised three national delegates for Dr. Paul. That kind of bargaining is sound. But voting for a candidate other than Ron Paul when there isn’t any chance of getting delegates for Dr. Paul, merely in the hope of having a brokered convention, only weakens the Ron Paul movement rather than strengthening it. We need every vote.

The same goes for leaving the Republican Party and registering as something else. Ron Paul has said how much he respects third parties. But Dr. Paul is in a fight to take back the Republican Party, and to do that he needs all of us to stay with him. I know this can be unpleasant — I registered as an independent when I moved to Delaware last year, and had to switch my registration back to the Republican Party that had left me years before in order to vote for Ron Paul. But however large the problems of the Republican Party may be (and they’re titanic) the one man in whom I have confidence to bring the party back to small-government, non-interventionist, constitutional principles is Ron Paul. If he’s not going third party, neither am I.

Tomorrow there are critical contests in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. If you live in those states, get out and vote — for Ron Paul.

blakjak
02-11-2008, 10:18 PM
edit: duplicate post

billjarrett
02-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Our candidate is fighting hard for the nomination, and his goal, which should be our goal, is not to try to create a brokered convention, but to win every vote he can. The nomination is at stake, and much more is at stake too, including the future of the Republican Party and the future of the Republic.

Ok.. I am completely lost at this point. We are fighting hard for the nomination. There are not enough delegates out there for us to hit 1,199. We are not trying to create a brokered convention. I guess at this point we just say blind faith and follow. I'm in this all the way, and would vote Ron Paul if I were in one of those states now, but I'm starting to wonder if someone at HQ needs a math refresher course.

LizF
02-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Thank you for this (much needed) post/link LibertyEagle. I hope it knocks some sense into folks.

No1ButPaul08
02-11-2008, 10:24 PM
As the first vote for Huckabee advocate, I came quick to realize it was never going to happen. I'm glad they sent this out

kigol
02-11-2008, 10:24 PM
can't agree more.

Sey.Naci
02-11-2008, 10:25 PM
That should go out in an email.

Airborn
02-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Glad they put this out

PauliticsPolitics
02-11-2008, 10:26 PM
yes...
i approve of this "vote for Ron Paul" strategy.
But if any of y'all are still thinking you need to vote for Huckabee, you MUST get on as a Huck delegate. Since we are actually electing delegates, it's only worth betraying your ron paul vote if you are electing yourself as a mole delegate for huckabee. If you are not 100% sure we have the mole delegates in place, vote for RP for God's sake!

Vote for Ron Paul....
a strategy we can't forget.

nodope0695
02-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Here, Here....lets get that message out to all our Meetups.

I comented yesterday on a thread asking if we should vote for Huck in Maryland. My answer was, "NO". No, for the very reason mentioned by the OP. Tactical voting is only good if you're sure you can be the delegate, and only good if the deal is performed by the campaigns.

You vote for RP is NOT a wasted vote. Its a vote for Freedom, and a vote for Liberty.

Original_Intent
02-11-2008, 10:30 PM
/bump and request sticky

LibertyEagle
02-11-2008, 10:31 PM
bump

literatim
02-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Ok.. I am completely lost at this point. We are fighting hard for the nomination. There are not enough delegates out there for us to hit 1,199. We are not trying to create a brokered convention. I guess at this point we just say blind faith and follow. I'm in this all the way, and would vote Ron Paul if I were in one of those states now, but I'm starting to wonder if someone at HQ needs a math refresher course.

They are also trying to find Revolution hot spots throughout the country and voting for Huckabee will muddle that.

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 10:44 PM

No.. No math refresher needed. Bradley has confirmed such and i do believe he is worth paying mond to.

Best
randy

JordanQ72
02-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Our candidate is fighting hard for the nomination, and his goal, which should be our goal, is not to try to create a brokered convention, but to win every vote he can.

To be honest, that sentence makes no sense what so ever to me. We're not in a position where it's even mathematically possible to get 1,191 delegates. If we aren't aiming to create a brokered convention, what exactly is the plan to win the nomination? Yes, the other part has an interesting take on demonstrating and feeling just how much Ron Paul support there is, but it directly contradicts the stated goal of winning the nomination.

Just putting it out there, flame away. I don't live in any of the 4 states voting tomorrow, but I will be pissed if McCain wins by a smaller margin than Paul walks away with. Any and all McCain losses tomorrow would be devastating blows to his campaign.

billjarrett
02-11-2008, 10:46 PM
They are also trying to find Revolution hot spots throughout the country and voting for Huckabee will muddle that.

But it says they are fighting hard for the nomination. And that they are not aiming for a brokered convention. I do not doubt you that there is other information they want, just what we have now + whats left is not greater than 1,199.. unless my calculator is very broken.

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 10:47 PM
To be honest, that sentence makes no sense what so ever to me. We're not in a position where it's even mathematically possible to get 1,191 delegates.

It is possible and the part of you post I snipped leaves a great deal of doubt where your loyalties lie. Fuck yer threats of getting pissed. the way you presented them looks like yer yet another prevaricating Huckabilly.

Randy

billjarrett
02-11-2008, 10:48 PM
No.. No math refresher needed. Bradley has confirmed such and i do believe he is worth paying mond to.

Best
randy

Ok, since you happened to drop the name of one of the guys around here whos math I honestly do trust (And this is not sarcasm, I've built up great respect for his opinions reading his posts here).

billjarrett
02-11-2008, 10:52 PM
It is possible and the part of you post I snipped leaves a great deal of doubt where your loyalties lie. Fuck yer threats of getting pissed. the way you presented them looks like yer yet another prevaricating Huckabilly.

Randy

No need to get snarly, most of us here (besides the trolls) are on the same team. I think the poster you quoted loyalties lie in the right place. This is a confusing post to some of us.

However, you mentioned Bradley in a post, and Bradley would know more about this system than most of us will ever know, so I'll leave it at that. I already voted on Super Tuesday, so I have no stake in the matter anyways.

Sey.Naci
02-11-2008, 10:56 PM
The keyword in that sentence is "goal":

his goal, which should be our goal, is not to try to create a brokered convention, but to win every vote he can.

A brokered convention can't be his goal. He wants the nomination, he wants votes, and he wants to be seen to have an increasing following. The next paragraph follows up on this:

The nomination is at stake, and much more is at stake too, including the future of the Republican Party and the future of the Republic. To build up the Ron Paul revolution, we need to show as much strength as possible in every contest, and we need the support and loyalty of everyone who wants to get back to the Constitution.

JordanQ72
02-11-2008, 10:57 PM
It is possible

Hi Randy, what color is the sky in whatever reality you inhabit? It is impossible for Ron Paul to get a 1st ballot win unless McCain, Huckabee, and Romney all die before the convention.

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 11:05 PM
No need to get snarly, most of us here (besides the trolls) are on the same team. I think the poster you quoted loyalties lie in the right place. This is a confusing post to some of us.

However, you mentioned Bradley in a post, and Bradley would know more about this system than most of us will ever know, so I'll leave it at that. I already voted on Super Tuesday, so I have no stake in the matter anyways.

Just doing my best to head off the Hucksters here trolling for RP votes. I am at the point that if it even smells funny I will comment as this shit has to stop ASAP.. My aim ain't always accurate but i have a pretty damned good record off routing the bastards that shill here.

Best Regards
Randy

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Hi Randy, what color is the sky in whatever reality you inhabit? It is impossible for Ron Paul to get a 1st ballot win unless McCain, Huckabee, and Romney all die before the convention.

Chemtrail powder blue. Bradley says different than you and i trust him./ I have nothing to say about trust for you as i do not know you. But i do know the board is loaded with shills trying to steal votes and that is why the campaign sent the message that me and a few others have been hammering over the weekend.

Best
Randy

nodope0695
02-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Bump

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 11:25 PM
bump. What..Nobody shilling cares to read this. This should not slide off the front page for a few days to shut these clowns up.

Best
Randy

JordanQ72
02-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Bradley says different than you

I doubt it

[edit/forum guidelines]

Also, I'm not sure what message this is sending considering none of the points I raised was addressed. Exactly how do you fight to win a nomination without a brokered convention when you cannot get a lockin number delegates? We're not clowns, and you of all people most definitely did not shut me up in observing the obvious.

pepperpete1
02-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Whether the number of delegates that is left is enough or not, (the numbers reported by MSM) I am voting for Ron Paul. I will vote, and I will write in his name if I have to. I joined up to push his ideals and his message. Do or die trying. I cannot bring myself to even consider voting for anyone else.

LibertyEagle
02-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Whether the number of delegates that is left is enough or not, (the numbers reported by MSM) I am voting for Ron Paul. I will vote, and I will write in his name if I have to. I joined up to push his ideals and his message. Do or die trying. I cannot bring myself to even consider voting for anyone else.

Heck Yeah!!! :D

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 12:19 AM
I doubt it

[edit/forum guidelines]

Also, I'm not sure what message this is sending considering none of the points I raised was addressed. Exactly how do you fight to win a nomination without a brokered convention when you cannot get a lockin number delegates? We're not clowns, and you of all people most definitely did not shut me up in observing the obvious.

We are all clowns. Take things seriously but don't take yourself seriously as that routes to an early grave with lots of i should haves. And the mods didn't have to touch your name calling. I wll bet a dollar to a donut I can out street corner dozens ya any day of the week..:D

BTW..make sure you vote RP and nobody else.

HTH
Randy

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 12:23 AM

That's the spirit. All the rest is political expedience and amounts to running the program the MSM generates. Break the cycle and do what your heart says...not what they program your mind for. We need every vote and percentile we can get to prove our power.

Best Regards
Randy

filmmaker58
02-12-2008, 12:25 AM
OK, I brought up the question about voting for Huck in the winner take all states and got hammered for it, and called a troll etc., etc. (All Huckabee supporters do commercials like this out of their own pockets) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbFb6tt2-GA
I was only asking the question about strategy. All of you guys jumping down people's throats for asking questions remind me of Bill O'Reilly and building 7. Condemning people for opening up a dialog is very fascist and close minded.
I guess it comes from not having a clear strategy from HQ. I assumed it was a brokered convention, where, if no one is a clear winner in the first round, all delegates are up for grabs. I don't know how other states work, but in Nevada it would have been easy for me to vote for Huck in the straw poll, and still become a Ron Paul delegate (which I am). If the brokered convention is the way to win, I'd vote for Hitler if it was a means to an end to get RP elected President.

So now I'm going to assume, that since this message came from the campaign, that they have something else in mind. So no I'll set about the task of convincing all of my RP supporters here to spend the time and money to go to the county (March 8th, 90 miles away) and state (April 22, 600 miles away) conventions on blind faith. I have the financial means to do so, but many do not if they think they are doing it as a protest vote, and there is no chance of victory.

LibertyEagle
02-12-2008, 12:45 AM
So now I'm going to assume, that since this message allegedly came from the campaign...

What's with the allegedly BS? The website from which the message was obtained, was posted in post 1 of this thread. Here it is again.

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/02/11/if-youre-for-ron-paul-vote-for-ron-paul/

faisal
02-12-2008, 01:48 AM

LibertyEagle
02-12-2008, 02:09 AM
bump

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 02:27 AM
OK, I brought up the question about voting for Huck in the winner take all states and got hammered for it, and called a troll etc., etc. (All Huckabee supporters do commercials like this out of their own pockets) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbFb6tt2-GA

You seem to care what the Huckabillies think. You whine about being smacked for your diversionary agenda. You are questioning whether the video is authentic.. RP was in it. You claim to finance your delegates journeys and will not do so for a protest vote.. Odd threat, to be sure, from a real RP supporter. You smell funny boy.

Randy

filmmaker58
02-12-2008, 02:36 AM
Randy, for a senior member with over 2000 posts, you are an idiot. i made that commercial, which was aired in California, Colorado, and washington state. A lot of my fellow supporters here have lost their jobs, but still will go to the conventions if there is a chance to win. If you can read, you should understand. This is all moot now, we're marching on washington, we have some direction, if I stink as a RP supporter, you can go f#$K yourself.

syborius
02-12-2008, 02:51 AM

I don't get it either, it makes NO SENSE. I thought the only method was a brokered convention, so I suggested a new strategy.....in a new thread. :confused:

filmmaker58
02-12-2008, 03:01 AM
I think it will come down to the "there might be lots of information that comes out about the other candidates" thing. Keep the faith, keep fighting to get delegates, we'll see you in washington.

LibertyEagle
02-12-2008, 03:16 AM
Hey filmmaker58,

Nice commercial! :)

Time for Change
02-12-2008, 04:29 AM
Oh God People...if Ron doesn't get votes (because people are thinking that they are implementing some sort of strategy) then he GETS NO VOTES.

Think about it.

The MSM wont report somebody that nobody votes for.
They will not consider you a supporter because you voted FOR the opposition.
They will call you a complete idiot for falling for the "Vote for So and SO"..."It's a strategy".

I cant believe that this is even an issue.

if you support Ron and want him to be president...F'N vote for HIM.

It is THAT simple!!

Give me a GD break...vote for OUR candidate or get off the boat because you are marginalizing him YOURSELF!

LibertyEagle
02-12-2008, 04:38 AM
A lot of my fellow supporters here have lost their jobs, but still will go to the conventions if there is a chance to win. If you can read, you should understand. This is all moot now, we're marching on washington, we have some direction...

I sincerely hope we all do whatever we have to do, to take this to the very end. If we do not, the entire movement will be marginalized. If some people cannot afford to attend their convention, I'm sure a bunch of us would be happy to help financially. Just setup a chip-in, if necessary, and the funds will come.

We've come way too far to give up now. Please don't.

LibertyEagle
02-12-2008, 05:22 AM
bump

dblee
02-12-2008, 06:23 AM

You don't have to hit 1,199, you just have to make sure no one else does.

alarga
02-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Its stupid to vote Huckster - how can anyone seriously consider that?

HOWEVER - if a state is a winner takes all and if Mac is estimated to win that, wouldn't it be tactically smart to join forces with the Hucksters in a common ballot in order to try to take away the McCain win? He is closing up to the magic number and at this point any and every trick in the book should be applied.

The other candidates did this in LA ("pro-life, pro family") and its only fitting they get a taste of their own poison. As you say, we've already made a Huckster deal where Paul got 3 delegates as a reward. This time Huck has more too loose since he is at second place and it will be beneficial for him if RP gets most delegates of a joint list and he gets some token candidates just to block McSwine. I bet such a joint list would get extra votes as a protest against the Mac as well as some romney votes.

These kinds of efforts are the main thing that can stop McCain from getting the magic number hence avoiding a brokered convention. And time is on our side, McCains support will decrease if he gets beaten state by state onwards.

What say ye?

filmmaker58
02-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Hey filmmaker58,

Nice commercial! :)

Thanks. I hope we will be able to run it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbFb6tt2-GA

It's settled. Vote for Ron Paul. I think that the "There will be lots of information coming out" thing will bear fruit, and we just need to keep Ron Paul in the race until that time. also, start planning a trip to Washington.

pinkmandy
02-12-2008, 07:45 AM
Just got back from casting my vote for RON PAUL!!!!! :) He left a message on my voicemail yesterday asking for my vote, I was happy to oblige.

ziggrl
02-12-2008, 07:58 AM
Voting for RP is a deliberate way to make our decision known. Voting for Huck for a chance at a brokered convention = less votes for RP.

We need to be truthful and vote RP. Stick to your guns and don't back down.

Hurricane Bruiser
02-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Couldn't say it better Liberty Eagle.

pappy
02-12-2008, 08:56 AM
I know this letter was not meant for people like me who are voting for him no matter what.

But, it is a little irritating. I'm not a big fan of criticizing the campaign, but the devil in me wants to say: If you want to be President, run for President.

I have not had many complaints about this campaign. They have done remarkably well considering the hurdles. Much better than I expected. Kudos.

But time is getting short and I can taste the possibilities. I want Ron to hold for the right time, but I almost can't stand it anymore.

The poker game is down to three and we're low on chips. Time to take a great hand and go all in.

Pedal to the metal. Balls to the wall. Let it all hang out. Let's go down in flames.

Oh well. glad to get that out of my system. Back to your regular programming. Back to my regular calm self. I've had a taste of the possibilities and will never give up. Have never voted for the lesser of two evils and for just once would like freedom to prevail.

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Randy, for a senior member with over 2000 posts, you are an idiot. i made that commercial, which was aired in California, Colorado, and washington state. A lot of my fellow supporters here have lost their jobs, but still will go to the conventions if there is a chance to win. If you can read, you should understand. This is all moot now, we're marching on washington, we have some direction, if I stink as a RP supporter, you can go f#$K yourself.

Filmmaker58. For an RP supporter yer one prevaricating, excuse mongering, threat dishing, wishy washy pile as of the above post. That may change if yer suck ass attitude changes..clown

Thanks
Randy

LibertyEagle
02-12-2008, 10:21 AM
bump

dawnbt
02-12-2008, 11:43 AM
bump

miwg
02-12-2008, 12:05 PM
bump

spacehabitats
02-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Go Ron Paul!
Tactical voting is tricky even in the best of situations, which this isn't.