PDA

View Full Version : Our Own News Information Station IDEA!

american.swan
02-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Some people want a news organization.
Still others are interested in a news website.
Still others have other ideas.

Here is my idea. Take it and run with it.

Any news system will need a website, so start there.

News?

Get the news from grassroots sources, focus on video. Individuals make homegrown video and news reports and submit them to the website, youtube style. (try to have the video's submitted in such a way that it looks like some "journalist" reporting from the field. At the end of the video it should be like, "John Doe reporting from outside Tampa with the Ron Paul campaign."

Future of News?

Have regular news submitters join the payroll as part-time to full-time journalist with more direction from HQ but also still a lot of freedom.

Editing?

Get a group of video editors and script editors to edit the content that is submitted.

Output?

Get a handsome guy in a suite and a pretty girl in a dress to pose daily, if possible, as news broadcasters in some guys garage, if that is all you have with a homemade set made out of plywood behind them with a nice painted design for a backdrop. Outputted as mp4 or something online, downloadable.

Have some graphics people do some nice intro like NBC with some nice original music.

Future?

When funds and news becomes available buy broadcast time on various markets for the :30 broadcast. Perhaps local meetup groups can buy local air time and rebroadcast the show somewhat independent of the show first.

Long Term Goal?

Your own cable network news channel.

american.swan
02-11-2008, 10:50 PM
4 votes? Everyone sleeping?

Patriot123
02-11-2008, 10:54 PM
It's similar to what I just put together with the help of others...
http://fusionnewsnetwork.webs.com/

Why not just focus our energy into one thing? I all ready made the website made. So let's start on, say... A Youtube Fusion News Network channel now?

american.swan
02-11-2008, 11:19 PM
It's similar to what I just put together with the help of others...
http://fusionnewsnetwork.webs.com/

Why not just focus our energy into one thing? I all ready made the website made. So let's start on, say... A Youtube Fusion News Network channel now?

Hey, I am down with whatever you can get done. I was just throwing the idea out there, 8 people so far love it. Whatever you can do to further the idea is fine with me. Morph it into what you already got if you can/have that urge.

Just to clarify something, I said, "like youtube" but that is hard to put together. Just submit the video's through email if need be, if the :30 minute program has so much news that they can't use a submission, then post it in some page entitled "more news" or something.

Get some editors ready to edit content.
Get some scripts ready to use.
Get the 'garage' set up.
Fine two willing host.
Start graphics and music productions
Get some working cameras
Start requesting content.
Finalize graphics and music
Practice with fake content
Edit incoming content
upload first show to the website
put content clips used and not used online for download
allow comments
get a message board finalized

Patriot123
02-11-2008, 11:27 PM
All right. So then we'll use FNN, right? (Fusion News Network) If so, I'll go get a media section coded and everything. But only if your serious about this, because I don't want to go coding another section for nothing. I'll give you administrative rights to the website if your really serious about this.

Dieseler
02-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Wow, if we could get a really good host and do one hour shows every morning with the ideas of the revolution... I bet we could get on a nationally televised channel Like colors on Dishnet for one or any other even. Maybe not a major Network, but one of the small time satellite stations.

I wonder if Gerome Corsi would be interested in a show like that. Or Ron Paul as special guest host when he had the time, I'm sure the Doc would fill in from time to time.

Then find guests to appear and discuss issues and have a call in at 20 till the hour for live phones or email read time ( if live was a hassle ) where constituents rat out their evil congress men or ask the guest a question...

You get the picture. I bet we would have sponsors in no time once it hit the air.
I can see a whole lot of people drinking coffee and watching the Revolution TV show every morning.
We could become (or remain) one huge pain in the ass for Washington D.C.
We need someone who knows TV now, a studio guy and someone we trust to run the business side of it. I don't know anything about that side of it.

PBS? Hmmmm.

american.swan
02-11-2008, 11:35 PM
I am dead serious about this and it shouldn't be that hard to put together.

Video editing might the hardest thing to do and get people interested in.

Go ahead and use your website.

Maybe we can get a full domain name.

Sorry though, I can't code it personally myself. :( :(

Dieseler
02-11-2008, 11:40 PM
If we get on a satellite channel we can use their studio.

Patriot123
02-11-2008, 11:41 PM
It's quite all right :P Tell you what. When you get the broadcast set up, send me the information, and I'll try to do what I can to get a broadcast up on the website All right? Just PM me with it. We'll sort something out then. Don't forget :p

And just so you know, I've only just learned to code, to be honest :p So your not alone. Quite honestly, though, it really isn't that hard once you get the hang of it. Hence why the website isn't too shabby :p

american.swan
02-11-2008, 11:41 PM
There has to be some Ron Paul supporting undergraduate business major out there who could get this started.

We could use a communication major meet-up group right about now.

I bet we could find a Ron Paul supporter on slashdot who might be able to throw some of this together in the coding and video editing arenas.

Dieseler
02-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Ahh, The website looks cool.
I guess I was running along the idea of just doing a chip in to start a semi pro morning TV show but ya gotta start somewhere. I swear I believe we could get sponsors though. When this got out into the mainstream it might just destroy C span in the mornings.

magicmike
02-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Actually would like to see some business people set up a website to help out entrepreneurs and offer them a chance to be initial investors on projects that look serious and can take off. There definitely needs to be legal outlet for advice also, a bad decision early on can crash your company. Could somebody set up something like this? Maybe look at the official endorsements to find potential people.

american.swan
02-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Apple and Steve Jobs started in a garage right? Why can't we?

Where are some people who can run with this?

I am sitting in South Korea. If there were any garages in this country, they'd be too small.

Dieseler
02-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Along what your saying Mike, I think best idea would be to put a think tank together before even doing a chip in, that way people can see what they are chipping into.
I wouldn't approach this in a hurry, but take the time to see what kind of quality and what kind of ideas could come from it.
I mean questions like, Are Truthers welcomed to discuss issues as well, if not, well you need to let stuff like that be known ahead of time, what are the limits of the truth?
What is the scope of the project?
Is a morning TV show possible?
We know we can raise the money if it suits everyones ideals.
We could become the Revolutions AIPAC lmao!!!

american.swan
02-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Along what your saying Mike, I think best idea would be to put a think tank together before even doing a chip in, that way people can see what they are chipping into.
I wouldn't approach this in a hurry, but take the time to see what kind of quality and what kind of ideas could come from it.
I mean questions like, Are Truthers welcomed to discuss issues as well, if not, well you need to let stuff like that be known ahead of time, what are the limits of the truth?
What is the scope of the project?
Is a morning TV show possible?
We know we can raise the money if it suits everyones ideals.
We could become the Revolutions AIPAC lmao!!!

Your right! That's why it's important to start small scale. Once the product is being output regularly online daily or so, and kinks have been worked out, THEN worry about setting up a company and funding to get it onto local stations and beyond.

Seriously, look at my original post...how much money do you think it will cost to do just the initial few shows on a website? Not much. Only hosting will cost the most probably and bandwidth needs.

It's getting the show on TV that is going to start needing money. And once the product is good and the online community is satisfied, then setting up a company and getting it on tv such can be worked on.

american.swan
02-12-2008, 01:44 AM
I am heading home. I'll be back online in about 14 hours. Keep up the fight.

freedom-maniac
02-12-2008, 05:42 AM
Count me in.

american.swan
02-12-2008, 05:23 PM
We need more replies and votes on this thread, please.

american.swan
02-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Politico has a newsletter people can subscribe to. http://www.politico.com/pdf/frontfeb12.pdf

This news site/video broadcast this thread speaks about needs to have a mailing list to report on side issues or stuff that couldn't make it into the video broadcast.

Also the mailing list can persuade people to contact their congressman regularly on various issues.

Newsletter would be good. Grassroots could sponsor mail outs in local areas during election times and individuals could subscribe. Businesses could put the newsletter on their magazine racks.

Get creative!!!

american.swan
02-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Any one else interested?

Has Ron Paul's supporters disappeared?

Are only globalist insiders left on this forum?