PDA

View Full Version : If in DC, definitely vote Ron Paul

Bradley in DC
02-11-2008, 09:43 PM
I know that, depending on state circumstances, some urge "strategic voting" in order to try for a brokered convention. I can't tell people in other states how to vote and think I know their state situations better than I.

For DC however, all of us DEFINITELY should vote for Dr. Paul--and hopefully Huck's Army and the Romney supporters too. While there have been no scientific polls done in DC (I'm not sure there are enough Republicans anyway here), anecdotally, we have more support here than anyone except McCain (who is the frontrunner after Giuliani dropped out). We beat Huckabee in the straw poll, got our slate of delegate candidates in before him, have had LOTS of energetic Meetup Group activities, etc.

This would be a good chance for Huck's Army and friends to show us some luvin' 'cause we have a better chance of beating McCain here than they do. Romney's staff gave US his booth at CPAC at their initiative. I got an email this weekend from a friend at the ACLU (I know, I know, I do a lot of privacy and coalition-related work) asking for an RP yard sign (unfortunately, he hadn't switched parties in time, and we have a closed primary here).

literatim
02-11-2008, 09:46 PM
You should get in contact with local Huckabee supporters and give them the idea of voting for Ron Paul to prevent McCain from winning it. You should also go out to the polls with signs that say "Stop McCain, Vote Ron Paul."

nate895
02-11-2008, 09:47 PM
If we win in DC, and Huckabee wins in Virginia, plus both get one or two CDs in Maryland, all of the sudden you'll hear the pundits screaming "Brokered Convention, Brokered Convention."

blakjak
02-11-2008, 09:49 PM
You should also go out to the polls with signs that say "Stop McCain, Vote Ron Paul."

good idea!

billjarrett
02-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi Bradley,
I've seen alot of your posts around here, and have alot of respect for your opinion here. In your honest opinion, how do things look for us out there? Should I assume by the tempo of your post that you are feeling some pretty positive vibes?

Bradley in DC
02-11-2008, 10:05 PM
You should get in contact with local Huckabee supporters and give them the idea of voting for Ron Paul to prevent McCain from winning it. You should also go out to the polls with signs that say "Stop McCain, Vote Ron Paul."

Great idea, but it might be a bit late. I'll be out in VA tomorrow pimping a Ron Paul Congressional candidate.

Hi Bradley,
I've seen alot of your posts around here, and have alot of respect for your opinion here. In your honest opinion, how do things look for us out there? Should I assume by the tempo of your post that you are feeling some pretty positive vibes?

Thanks. Honestly, the Potomac primaries are McCain's to lose. In Virginia, they are ONLY voting for prez (the other primaries/conventions will probably be in June--they have weird systems there). When some of our Congressional campaign people were scouting to put up signs at the voting locations (to bump up his name recognition), NO ONE had any signs up. This was in Louden, a populous county. If turnout is very low, especially if people think the race is over, who knows? Huckabee was campaigning in the Shenandoah today.

MD, I have no idea.

DC, I voted today since I'll be in VA tomorrow. On the ballot, the only contested race was the presidential one. There are VERY few Republicans here. The core original group of grassroots volunteers here forecast a turnout of 3,000. The party establishment was almost uniformly behind Rudy and have dutifully migrated to McCain, but there's no energy there. They had a very hard time even getting on the ballot (it IS very difficult for Republicans that way here).

The DC RP grassroots is "vibrant (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118363)."

Bradley in DC
02-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Oh, and the weather tomorrow is going to hurt turnout: very, very cold, flurries in the morning before work voting times; very cold at lunch; cold with freezing rain? for the after work voting. Somehow I think it hurts McCain more than us. Just a hunch. ;)

LibertyEagle
02-11-2008, 10:34 PM
bump

Ronin
02-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Thanks. Honestly, the Potomac primaries are McCain's to lose. In Virginia, they are ONLY voting for prez (the other primaries/conventions will probably be in June--they have weird systems there). When some of our Congressional campaign people were scouting to put up signs at the voting locations (to bump up his name recognition), NO ONE had any signs up. This was in Louden, a populous county.

I'm in Loudoun and at my polling place RP signs are the only ones out :D

If you happen to be in the South Riding area I need one of Vern's signs. I forgot to grab one last week.

Sey.Naci
02-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Vote for RP no matter where you are. See this post by Dan McCarthy from today's Daily Dose: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118643