PDA

View Full Version : Giuliani is pissing off firefighters again..

Will
08-10-2007, 09:57 PM
lol - I love this. He's such a dirt-bag.

"He is such a liar, because the only time he was down there was for photo ops with celebrities, with politicians, with diplomats," said deputy fire chief Jimmy Riches, who spent months digging for his firefighter son.

"On 9/11 all he did was run. He got that soot on him, and I don't think he's taken a shower since."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8QUCBU00&show_article=1

hard@work
08-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Is RP against socialized fire control too? I don't think I caught that ...

robatsu
08-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Is RP against socialized fire control too? I don't think I caught that ...

I lived in Shelby County in Alabama in the early Nineties. I used to get an annual bill from the local Fire Department, like 50 dollars or something. I always paid it, never really looked into it a whole lot, but what my friends told me, and I'm not sure this isn't urban myth, is that you didn't have to pay it, but if they came out to your house and put a fire out and you hadn't paid your bill, you would get some humongous big bill for the full cost of the fire putting out operation. Not entirely sure what the exact truth of the matter was, but everyone there seemed to believe it was sort of a quasi libertarian system as described above.

I also used to get a bill from the library. I'm not sure what the consequences of not paying that one was either.

4Horsemen
08-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Maybe for Federal firefighters, but he wouldn't touch local government. Can you imagine a corporation taking over the NYC Fire Dept. That's never going to happen. RP is after the monolithic federal programs that waste billions of dollars. FFs from NYC aren't wasting tax dollars, if anything, they're under paid.

njandrewg
08-10-2007, 10:15 PM
I think as we get closer to primaries...otehr candidates will run hit pieces on Rudy about the issue