PDA

View Full Version : Email from Carol to Robert (Ron's son) regarding Texas and the campaign.

blakjak
02-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Email forwarded from Robert Paul to the Dallas meetup group:

Robert: It sounds as though a lot of people are discouraged. Tell Jeremy [Dallas meetup organizer] your Dad is still working hard and when the seat is secured in TX he intends to fight on. He still has delegates and we hope to get more--we had double digits in Kansas--we would like to do well in PA and that is after TX so there is work to be done. He is not quitting and Texas is a big state so he will work here in TX this month along with the Congressional Schedule. There are plans for a rally or something at Ft. Hood on the 23rd before the big rally in Austin. I think they were trying to get your area on the schedule as well. We need everyone out and about around TX. There is still a lot that we can do and don't think for a minute your Dad has given up. Talk with you soon. Love, Mom

Devil_rules_in_extremes
02-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Very sweet.

brandon
02-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Thats nice, but should a private letter like this be published on a public forum?

Sey.Naci
02-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Thats nice, but should a private letter like this be published on a public forum?No, I don't think so.

spudea
02-11-2008, 09:21 PM
would be awesome if he came to dallas! Sign me up RSVP!

AlexMerced
02-11-2008, 09:21 PM
yeah, I feel kinda weird about it, but at least it's nothing too personal... but definetley unconstitutional

Shink
02-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Thats nice, but should a private letter like this be published on a public forum?

Well, it's already been posted on meetup, according to the OP. Perhaps it made it onto meetup for a reason.

AlexMerced
02-11-2008, 09:24 PM
true

gerryb
02-11-2008, 09:36 PM

Uhm, it says Robert Paul forwarded the message to the meetup. Obviously that makes it public domain.

MrZach
02-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Meetup.com is PRIVATE to the members of that group or members of Ron Paul Meetups...

These forums are totally PUBLIC. Maybe we should take this thread down?

cien750hp
02-11-2008, 09:39 PM
oh shush, we're all family and carol is all our moms.
:)

kill the banks
02-11-2008, 09:45 PM
what no chocolate chip cookies mom ... ?

kill the banks

Wyurm
02-11-2008, 09:52 PM
oh shush, we're all family and carol is all our moms.
:)

Yep, infact I even felt like she was speaking right to me. (it does help that my name is Jeremy)

This is why I've been frustrated. I could clearly see what was being said. All Dr. Paul said was that he had to focus on his seat. I took it as if he was saying "I appreciate all your help so far, but my congressional seat is being attacked, so I hate to ask but could I get you to help me hang on to it? If I can secure my seat it will free me up to focus entirely on the presidential race." That's how I saw it, and I really don't think it sounds that bad. The part that was tripping people up was the almost no chance of winning part and for some it was the no 3rd party part. I'm glad this is being posted.

faisal
02-11-2008, 10:05 PM

SteveMartin
02-11-2008, 10:08 PM
This is welcomed news, if true:

Latest News About the Ron Paul Campaign
Posted by Lew Rockwell at 10:38 AM

From a longer article in the Houston Chronicle:

"Paul's spokesman Jesse Benton said the national staff would likely be reduced from 150 to about 50, with those who worked in the Super Tuesday primaries in states such as California being let go.

"In addition, Benton said, he and other national staffers will transfer to Paul's congressional re-election operation.

"But Benton said that even as Paul wages a primary campaign he will also continue running his presidential campaign in Texas. Three staffers will be assigned to his presidential effort here. He said that the Paul campaign has purchased about $700,000 worth of radio and cable television advertising that is scheduled to start running this week in the Houston, Austin and Dallas-Fort Worth markets.

"Benton said that Paul still has about $6 million in his presidential election account. He said the lawmaker cannot transfer that money to his congressional campaign unless he terminates his presidential effort, which he does not intend to do.

"But Benton said Paul had recently raised several hundred thousand dollars for his congressional race."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, we will have better leadership left in Arlington now!

kigol
02-11-2008, 10:13 PM
hmm, interesting personal stuff.