PDA

View Full Version : Romney fights Giuliani for #1 War Monger Position

hambone1982
05-24-2007, 03:02 PM
I guess freedom of the Press means nothing to Romney.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070523/ap_on_el_pr/romney_abc;_ylt=AlCLxcO_djUhr3Od7ecu8C9p24cA

CurtisLow
05-24-2007, 04:54 PM
I don't understand with the kind of money that guy has why would you want the stress of being a President? Power trip?

enan
05-24-2007, 05:00 PM
The article says that ABC's inbox was flooded with e-mails to keep their big mouths shut. They should be flooded with e-mails saying job well done. It's absolute bull that the Executive Branch should establish a royal line continuously plunging us into secretive wars. More power to ABC for reporting on this - it's something which is relevant to the public discourse.

cujothekitten
05-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Here's the video of that comment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuhyTnP_xvo

Check out some of the responses.

Therion
05-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Here's the video of that comment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuhyTnP_xvo

Check out some of the responses.

Let's overthrown Iran's government again. This time it will surely work in our best interests and not spawn more terrorists- it was just a fluke before.

cujothekitten
05-24-2007, 05:38 PM
I find it hard to believe that they're actually considering invasion. It would be catastrophic. I don’t think anyone has actually come out and said it’s even doable currently.

CurtisLow
05-24-2007, 05:51 PM
You know, I lost my faith in our government a long time ago.. This just puts the icing on the cake on how they absolutely have no regard to what 78% of the Untied states citizens tell them. No wars! Stop the war..

Yet they don't care.:mad:

ThePieSwindler
05-24-2007, 06:04 PM
We are losing the war in Iraq... how can invasion of Iran even be a possibility on the table? Unless they are planning to issue a draft..... :eek:

enan
05-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Something tells me they are.

A war against Iran would be immensely unpopular. A draft would kill the current political system. Watch disapproval of the current government drop to 90 percent. Not only that, it would require the democratic congress to pass a war bill. That would mean the end of both political parties. While the end of a two party system wouldn't be a bad thing, it will come at the cost of a blood sacrifice on a foreign altar.

I hope they don't do it. I know I posted somewhere else, but Ahemdinejad is living on a razor edge. On one hand, he's failing to please the people. On the other hand, he's failing to appease the ayatollahs. He can't keep going like this. It's going to fall apart. All we need to do is wait, and Iran will no longer pursue a nuclear program. We'll prove to the world we're, at heart, not a people of war. It's not like our economy and military can support another foreign occupation.

Or we can go to war and vindicate his military spending, and ruin our reputation and economy for a half a century.

Whichever way works, I guess.