PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: RP supporter needs ticket!

joshdvm
08-10-2007, 09:11 PM
I talked to a gentleman tonight (Fri) through the Call Iowa program who supports Ron 100% and wants to get a ticket to attend and vote for RP!--but he doesn't have an email to reserve a ticket. He also needs directions to the site.

I've tried to email the volunteer who sent me the list, but he hasn't responded yet--It was about 2hrs ago (9:00 pm EDT).

If I weren't 700 miles away, I'd deliver it to his house.

Someone please help me get in touch with someone that can hook this guy up with a ticket--He's voting for Ron!!!

Razmear
08-10-2007, 09:13 PM
I talked to a gentleman tonight (Fri) through the Call Iowa program who supports Ron 100% and wants to get a ticket to attend and vote for RP!--but he doesn't have an email to reserve a ticket. He also needs directions to the site.

I've tried to email the volunteer who sent me the list, but he hasn't responded yet--It was about 2hrs ago (9:00 pm EDT).

If I weren't 700 miles away, I'd deliver it to his house.

Someone please help me get in touch with someone that can hook this guy up with a ticket--He's voting for Ron!!!

If he shows up at Ron's tent outside Ames, there is a good chance someone will hook him up with a ticket. If I was an out of stater with a ticket, I'd hand it over to someone who can vote in a heartbeat.

eb

joshdvm
08-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Do you need a ticket to get access to the site? Or just to participate in the actual voting?

tiznow
08-10-2007, 09:21 PM
just tell him to get to ames won't have problems getting money for a ticket. If we get to a point where money becomes a problem we will be winning in a landslide. :) No you don't need a ticket to hang out in the tent area etc just to vote/get into the hilton. If you need to give him directions check mapquest from his location or something. from highway 30 you get off at elwood drive in ames and you will than be directed to the nearest open parking lot..

joshdvm
08-10-2007, 10:06 PM
just tell him to get to ames won't have problems getting money for a ticket. If we get to a point where money becomes a problem we will be winning in a landslide. :) No you don't need a ticket to hang out in the tent area etc just to vote/get into the hilton. If you need to give him directions check mapquest from his location or something. from highway 30 you get off at elwood drive in ames and you will than be directed to the nearest open parking lot..

Great. I just told him to show up at the RP tent and say he wants to vote and someone would hook him up.

Does anyone know what time the candidates will be speaking, and when the actual voting begins? This gentleman's not sure what time he can arrive.

tiznow
08-10-2007, 10:08 PM
They will start speaking around 12:30 ron paul is up 4th so....near 2pm i'm guessing. program of speaking raps out around 3:30 i believe. you can vote from 10am to 6pm

billm317
08-10-2007, 10:08 PM
I talked to a gentleman tonight (Fri) through the Call Iowa program

Great work btw!

0zzy
08-10-2007, 10:14 PM
They will start speaking around 12:30 ron paul is up 4th so....near 2pm i'm guessing. program of speaking raps out around 3:30 i believe. you can vote from 10am to 6pm

Why such a large gap? Voters should listen to all of them speak. They'll realize Ron Paul is #1 and he'd end up winning :).

tiznow
08-10-2007, 10:15 PM
most will be immediately directed to the voting machines as they step off the buses. Although the speeches will play more a role this year with special interest groups such as fairtax involved.

Quantumystic
08-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Great. I just told him to show up at the RP tent and say he wants to vote and someone would hook him up.

Does anyone know what time the candidates will be speaking, and when the actual voting begins? This gentleman's not sure what time he can arrive.

Great Job, dude! Somebody buy that man a beer! :D

4Horsemen
08-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Fairtax at 23% doesn't sound right to me. Plus, they would tax everything on the internet too I'm sure. 10% maybe, 23% heck no.

Swmorgan77
08-10-2007, 10:42 PM
If he shows up at Ron's tent outside Ames, there is a good chance someone will hook him up with a ticket. If I was an out of stater with a ticket, I'd hand it over to someone who can vote in a heartbeat.

eb

Yeah they have told people to just get there and they will pay for them.

Lord Xar
08-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Did everyone forget about "adopt an iowan"???? I mean, there is a site and a whole campaing based on this.... helping those to get tickets!

joshdvm
08-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks, Quantumystic and Bill. I'm just glad to get a conversion at the 11th hour. Give the beer to the guy when he shows up. His name is Jan :) .

This gentleman's name was from a 'distilled' list of people to be called back who had expressed a favorable response on a previous call.

My original goal was 4 such conversions, but I'm happy with one solid one.

I wonder how many volunteers we had participating in the Call Iowa program? Was it around 1,000 to 1,500? If 60% of volunteers managed to get just one conversion apiece, that's a pretty solid amount right there. Add that to the votes of core Iowan RP supporters we already have in the bag. Now add those two totals to the votes yet to be picked up tomorrow from those still undecided.

Maybe we're looking at some fairly respectable numbers. I'm cautiously optimistic.

tsetsefly
08-10-2007, 11:41 PM
I have a question how does the calling work? you just pick out names from a phonebook?

DeadheadForPaul
08-10-2007, 11:47 PM
I have a question how does the calling work? you just pick out names from a phonebook?

Tsetse, you sign up through the campaign at RonPaul2008.com. They have a "Call Iowa" program where you sign up for how ever many numbers you want to call (5, 10, 50, 100, etc.) and then they send you the numbers

There is also a "Mail Iowa" campaign :)

joshdvm
08-10-2007, 11:48 PM
That's one approach :) .

The campaign organized the Call Iowa and Write Iowa programs. They provided lists of registered voters. I believe the info about this is still on the campaign website.