PDA

View Full Version : Hope You All Are Planning Something BIG For Your Monthly County Republican Meetings

pennycat
02-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Listen up. The Republican party is in full melt down mode. Rush and others are challenging the corporate elites of the party. I love opportunities where the party is divided and weak. Easier to take over if you ask me.

This is the best time for Ron Paul Patriots to strike, and strike hard. I've been going to my Republican party meetings for a few meetings. I now have voting status. I'll be introducing either a petition to start some 're-education forums' on what a small government Republican is all about. Or I'll introduce a resolution to not support McCain as our party's nominee. Depends on how bold I feel that night.

I think that we have a much better chance of winning the majority of votes in our county Republican party's, than in winning national elections. Party activists are few in the GOP. We got LOTS of activists. We outnumber them, so that is where we fight them. Any lazy neo-con can get off their butt to go an vote on election day. Let's see how much energy and fight they have month after month. I'll bet not much.

If we can get it together to push our agenda in the party, I think then we'll have more credibility to win over the larger population.

Long video with some great ideas here http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958&q=G.+Edward+Griffin&total=213&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

billjarrett
02-11-2008, 07:53 PM
We're trying here. Won't be this month though, although some of us may attend.
In my county it appears there are alot of "activists". Not really activists per se, but from what I've been reading quite a dug in group. I've read in other threads about areas where people are walking in and getting committeeman positions. Our local GOP not only has all the positions filled, but has appointed people from out of precinct to fill holes so nobody can get a word in against them. I found a blog from someone who was active about two years ago who said they had this pretty well locked up here, and it still appears to be that way.

Ours is going to be a longer, strongly organized battle here. We're planning a meeting soon for our initial strategies. Wish us luck.

Janet
02-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Our local GOP not only has all the positions filled, but has appointed people from out of precinct to fill holes so nobody can get a word in against them.

PCOs are elected positions. Run against them in the next election! It shouldn't be hard to get someone from the precinct into positions for which the PCO has been appointed and doesn't live in the area they represent.

billjarrett
02-11-2008, 09:28 PM
How often do they do voting though? Thats one of the things were going to talk about at our planning meeting.

According to http://www.lakecountygop.net/ they have Nov 16th of last year as "Last day for filing objections to nomination papers for precinct committeeman".

We are planning on running against them, but I think the elections are every 2 years (possibly every year though, still trying to confirm that). We'll have to be somewhat smart about it though. We could win the ones with appointees I would imagine, but that's not enough to get us majority.

Looking through the lists of committeemen and township chairmen, there's alot of old names in that list. I grew up in this area (I'm 34 now), and those are names I remember seeing around the community up to 20 years ago. They are entrenched and active, and from what I've heard they are "old guard". I'm not sure if you are familiar with the Illinois Governor Ryan, but from what I've heard they are remnants of his machine.