PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Snohomish County (WA State) was counting votes incorrectly !!!!

Seattle4RonPaul
02-11-2008, 07:34 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snohomish County (North of Seattle) was counting Presidential Preference from Sign In sheets, not who the actual delegates were for !!!
It's all over local TV news.

I am a PCO and I thought it didn't make sense from the very beginning when they told me to report sign in sheets results yesterday. Now it turns out that they were confused. I wonder if other counties in the sate were confused also !

They are recounting the results as we speak. They still don't have about 20% packets with caucus results, beacuse we (PCO who held caucuses) were told to mail them in by today.

So the final numbers could be totally different!!!! Stay tuned !

Spread this message.

Paulite
02-11-2008, 07:35 PM
hallelujah!!

LandonCook
02-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Any links?

Opulen
02-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Good Catch!!

thegr8drronpaul
man, this is all just crazy. So this is definitely good news for 'us', right??

Ex Post Facto
http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washington/stories/NW_021108POL_huckabee_disputes_SW.b1b974e7.html

MARYSVILLE, Wash. -- KING 5 News has uncovered inconsistencies in how the votes from Saturday's Republican Caucus are being reported, raising questions about the accuracy of the statewide count.

As of Monday at 5 p.m., John McCain had 25.4 percent of the vote to Mike Huckabee's 23.8 percent.

When voters participating in the caucuses walked through the door, they signed in. In Snohomish County, that sign-in sheet is what Republicans used to report results.

"And then the very last column asked them for their preference if they were to vote today, and those were the numbers we counted," said Geri Modrell, Snohomish County Republican chair.

In reality, Republicans acknowledge the sign-in sheet is not an accurate way to figure out who won. After signing in, caucus-goers had plenty of time to debate and change their minds. What really matters is what delegates they picked in the end to go to the county convention.

For example, the winner on the sign-in sheets in Pierce County was Huckabee, with 609 supporters showing up. But, by the time Pierce County elected delegates, it flipped, and John McCain walked away with 192 delegates, beating Huckabee.

In Snohomish County, caucus leaders say they also noticed the sign-up sheets did not match the final delegates at all.

Saturday night, Washington state Republican Party chair Luke Esser declared McCain the winner. But KING 5 has learned that there's no way the party could have known the delegate preferences from Snohomish County, because that county never reported delegate results, instead relying solely on those sign-up sheets.

"And we had already explained to them that we would not have that information for a couple of days," said Modrell. "I haven't talked to them. I have no idea what they did with our numbers. They obviously would not be able to use those numbers as a comparison with the rest of the counties."

"So we're challenging those results. We want a fair election up there and we're just not sure we had one," said Huckabee.

The Huckabee campaign was already suspicious when McCain was declared the winner so early. Democrats point out that, under Republican rules, delegates are free to change their minds anyway.

"There's really no way that the Washington state Republican Party could have declared that John McCain was the winner," said Tim Killian, Democratic delegate.

Republicans in Snohomish County say they had the best of intentions. They just felt that the sign-up sheets were more accurate than trying to guess what the delegates were going to do later.

The Huckabee campaign has sent an attorney to Washington state to keep an eye on what's going on.

The Washington state Republican Party did not comment Monday.

Here is one story.

hueylong
02-11-2008, 07:41 PM
I thought everyone was using the Presidential preference from the sign-in sheets?

JK/SEA
02-11-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm from Snohomish County, and a Delegate. This county is huge in regards to population. Its also home to BOEING, and the Naval Base.

Doing a search for news links.

Stay tuned.

literatim
02-11-2008, 07:42 PM
I thought everyone was using the Presidential preference from the sign-in sheets?

They are.

Seattle4RonPaul
02-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Don't have any links, but I'm sure someone more YouTube savvy will post it soon.
It was on TV 30 minutes ago.

Jeremy
02-11-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm pretty sure that's what they're all suppose to report... what exactly are you talking about?

RonRules
02-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Washington was close for the 3 candidates. Many people get sold on Ron Paul after hearing the caucus speeches.

This could give us an edge, but I'm not sure we can upset McCain 5% lead

nate895
02-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Washington was close for the 3 candidates. Many people get sold on Ron Paul after hearing the caucus speeches.

This could give us an edge, but I'm not sure we can upset McCain 5% lead

We didn't get to have those in our "cluster."

hawks4ronpaul
02-11-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm from Snohomish County, and a Delegate. This county is huge in regards to population. Its also home to BOEING, and the Naval Base.

Doing a search for news links.

Stay tuned.

You would think Boeing and Navy people would be experts at filling out paperwork.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Agent CSL
02-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Fucking finally. I'm a Snohomish county RP delegate.

JK/SEA
02-11-2008, 07:52 PM
To get even a remote idea of who voted for who delegate wise, you would have to cross reference the sign in sheet with the Delegate signatures sheet given to each precinct.. And reading handwriting might be an issue, as far as how long it takes. Not a big deal, only in the sense that it plays into the media whores who demand a 'winner and loser'..relax..donate..fight on..

Look, bottom line folks is Ron Paul did VERY good in Washington. Our County caucus's are the next BIG deal coming. I will be there.

ambiguousscion
02-11-2008, 07:54 PM
The whole system seems like a joke...

Trigonx
02-11-2008, 08:00 PM
So they are gonna count the delegates in WA and report the delegates, BUT in every other Caucus state they only counted and reported the straw poll part. I understand that each caucus is different but why are they changing the way they report it on the media? is it because of Huckabee contesting the results? or is this just the way WA has always reported their Caucus?

i'm just curious, i prefer them to report delegates because i am confident in RP supporters :)

JK/SEA
02-11-2008, 08:01 PM
seems that way...This is the first year of this state having both a caucus AND a primary...nice huh?...you can thank the Pat Robertson army for that. They won this state by overwhelming the caucus last election.. The state made changes...oh well...wait and see i guess.

Seattle4RonPaul
02-11-2008, 08:02 PM
To get even a remote idea of who voted for who delegate wise, you would have to cross reference the sign in sheet with the Delegate signatures sheet given to each precinct.. And reading handwriting might be an issue, as far as how long it takes. Not a big deal, only in the sense that it plays into the media whores who demand a 'winner and loser'..relax..donate..fight on..

Look, bottom line folks is Ron Paul did VERY good in Washington. Our County caucus's are the next BIG deal coming. I will be there.

JK, I will see you at the convention!
But first we have to straighten this out. The numbers might be totally different.

constitutional
02-11-2008, 08:14 PM
hallelujah!!

Thank God Almighty! WE ARE FREE AT LAST!

thoughtbombing
02-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Here is one story.

omfg, by seattle???

RON PAUL WINS WASHINGTON!!!!

joenaab
02-11-2008, 08:21 PM
So they are gonna count the delegates in WA and report the delegates, BUT in every other Caucus state they only counted and reported the straw poll part. I understand that each caucus is different but why are they changing the way they report it on the media? is it because of Huckabee contesting the results? or is this just the way WA has always reported their Caucus?

i'm just curious, i prefer them to report delegates because i am confident in RP supporters :)

This situation is a little different because there was no "straw poll". These were simply the sign-in sheets. Washington is the only state in the country that has both a caucus and a primary. The primary is to be held on the 19th. 18 delegates will ultimately be selected from the caucus process (that began over the weekend), which goes next to legislative district caucuses, then to the state convention. The primaries on the 19th will choose another 18 delegates. I believe they are proportionally assigned and not "winner takes all". One more delegate is awarded to a GOP crony outside of the caucus and primary, for a total of 37 delegates. I don't know how they select the 18 physical people who will represent the 18 delegates awarded during the primary on the 19th. Hope this helps to clarify things. (I live in Brazil, but I am from Seattle).

I will add that my friend in Shoreline, WA, was selected as the sole delegate from his precinct and that the precinct captain refused to count the votes at the caucus (claiming, which was true, that the time that they had reserved the facility for the caucus had expired) and took them home with her to count at home. My friend demanded to go with her to supervise. She refused at first, but he made a scene and she gave in. According to Maureen Moore, the official campaign's person in charge of WA, many of the precincts are refusing to reveal the actual vote counts. She also wrote that it appeared that Ron Paul won well over 50% of the delegates (maybe of the one's that have been reported?). Hard to know what's true yet.

GTMomma
02-11-2008, 08:26 PM
According to an email from Tom Perry from the WA GOP to a Huck supporter (found on hucksarmy website), they are supposed to report the presidential preference.

Second, there was no "vote" yesterday. All we did was elect delegates to their county conventions. The numbers we're reporting is the Presidential preference of those people. It's basically a straw poll. No delegates were won by any campaign. That doesn't happen until the state convention on May 31st.

I wonder how many other people were unsure of what to report to the GOP. What a mess.

freelance
02-11-2008, 08:31 PM
This situation is a little different, because the caucus system is so different that they thought they'd get by with pulling a fast one! The only wild card is Ed Rollins. He isn't about to take this lying down!

Seattle4RonPaul
02-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Please keep bumping this. This "irregularity" could completely change the results.
Snohomish is a huge county !!!