PDA

View Full Version : NYC Threat.

UtahApocalypse
08-10-2007, 09:02 PM
CNN now saying New York is moving up terror threat level based on possible threat.

FreedomLover
08-10-2007, 09:04 PM
here we go again...

thomaspaine23
08-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Is this a "don't vote Paul" move by the establishment???
A terror alert the day before the straw poll??

"9/11, ghouliani,9/11, ghouliani,9/11, ghouliani...."

Buzz
08-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Yawn. :rolleyes:

Kuldebar
08-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Everyone got their duct tape and plastic sheeting handy?

Wyurm
08-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Bush's ratings drop again?

Mom4Ron
08-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Of course. What level is this one; gut feeling or magic 8 ball?

Razmear
08-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Reading the thread about the draft earlier.
The only way they could pass a draft is if Iran attacked us (Tonkin style) or if there was another terror attack. If they want to invade Iran bad enough, they will make it happen.

Eli
08-10-2007, 09:09 PM
New York is in danger!?!?!?!?!?!

dear god where are our troops?!!!!!

oh shit...thats right.

UtahApocalypse
08-10-2007, 09:09 PM
They haven't said much, was just a brief break-in they said that NYPD and feds are upping their monitoring and also putting PD on bridges and tunnels.

paulitics
08-10-2007, 09:10 PM
what happened Chertoff had some more gas?

Kuldebar
08-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Maybe they can stretch it out so it can get covered over and along with the straw poll tomorrow.

Wyurm
08-10-2007, 09:12 PM
They haven't said much, was just a brief break-in they said that NYPD and feds are upping their monitoring and also putting PD on bridges and tunnels.

They need to make sure not to put too many police on the bridges. Too big a risk of collapse.

Cowlesy
08-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Yeah well I'm here in the city and if I get vaporized by some terrist---- just continue to stay free all of you. The sentiment in nyc is go about your lives, and if someone screws with it, go down fighting...life is too short to be scared all the time. Live free or die?

njandrewg
08-10-2007, 09:16 PM
anyone else notice that all these threats ALWAYS happen when there is some republican thing happening Debate/straw poll

Wyurm
08-10-2007, 09:18 PM
anyone else notice that all these threats ALWAYS happen when there is some republican thing happening Debate/straw poll

actually they happen so often that theres almost always something going on during all of them. They don't mean much anymore, the power to generate fear with a terror chart is waning.

FreedomLover
08-10-2007, 09:20 PM
This terror alert crap is really dumb. I bet it took millions of dollars and hundreds of bureacrats just to come up with a damn color chart to tell us how much to be afraid of the big bad terrorists at any given time.

Yeesh.

mport1
08-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Good thing I'm leaving tomorrow. Hope my plane doesn't get hijacked.

freelance
08-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Is this a "don't vote Paul" move by the establishment???
A terror alert the day before the straw poll??

"9/11, ghouliani,9/11, ghouliani,9/11, ghouliani...."

Actually, I'm surprised they didn't pick Ames!

freelance
08-10-2007, 09:25 PM
NY police receive "unverified radiological threat"

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN1026252120070811?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Kuldebar
08-10-2007, 09:25 PM
http://blog.lewrockwell.com/lewrw/archives/Mooninite.jpg

dmitchell
08-10-2007, 09:27 PM
New York is in danger!?!?!?!?!?!

dear god where are our troops?!!!!!

oh shit...thats right.
Nice. :)

angelatc
08-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Kuldebar, LOL!

freelance
08-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Kuldebar, LOL!

That was hilarious!

Kuldebar
08-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Zebro on Boston's Aqua Teen Bomb Scare (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G-D0F4Q9yk)

:eek:

Well, I don't know what is going on in NYC, but, I hope the press and the "authorities" take things in stride.

Buzz
08-10-2007, 09:38 PM
That was hilarious!

Kuldebar, LOL!

I don't get it. :(

Kuldebar
08-10-2007, 09:42 PM
I don't get it. :(

2007 Boston Mooninite scare

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_Mooninite_scare

February 07, 2007
Panic in Boston
By John Stossel

A few weeks ago, men working for an advertising agency installed light screens in cities to promote a Cartoon Network program.

No one seemed alarmed by the signs featuring cartoon characters flipping the bird -- until suddenly, weeks after the promotion began, the Boston police decided the city might be under a terrorist attack. They rushed to collect the devices -- bringing parts of the city to a standstill.

The first was found at an interstate ramp, the Boston Globe reported, "forcing the shutdown of the northbound side of the Interstate and tying up traffic for hours. The State Police bomb squad blew the object apart with a water cannon. . . . Then, in quick sequence . . . reports of similarly suspicious devices flooded police lines, sending anti-terrorism forces to over a dozen locations."

"Commerce was disrupted, transportation routes were paralyzed, residents were stranded," Suffolk District Attorney Daniel Conley complained.

The news media went wild, with television stations interrupting programs for alerts, and breathless TV reporters talking about the "terrorism threat." This went on all day.

Turner Broadcasting, owner of the Cartoon Network, apologized to the city, but Boston Mayor Thomas Menino wants the FCC to revoke Turner's license for its TBS station.

"It is outrageous, in a post-9/11 world, that a company would use this type of marketing scheme," Menino said.

After the "perpetrators," two young men who'd been paid to promote the cartoon show, were arrested, the TV stations aired comments like, "I can't believe someone would be so stupid as to do that." And, "They shouldn't lock them up forever, but they should lock them up for a long time!"

The TV anchors nodded gravely in response.

Hello?

Why are the "perpetrators" the stupid ones? Why don't the media rant about how stupid Boston's authorities were to shut down the city because they thought light screens were a terrorist plot? And why does the Boston Globe write about "enraged" city officials rather than "foolish" officials?

After all, the signs were installed three weeks earlier in nine other cities, including New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Authorities there didn't freak out. The Associated Press reported, "There were no immediate signs of anyone panicking . . . removal of the signs was low-key. . . . "

Only in Boston was there panic.

Mayor Menino said more than $500,000 was spent to send dozens of federal, state, and city bomb and terrorism experts to investigate. But he blamed the young men, not himself.

The Boston Globe reports, "Turner Broadcasting acknowledged that it never sought approval or alerted authorities that it would put up the signs."

Good lord, if advertisers now have to apologize for not seeking prior approval from authorities for putting up signs, what have we come to?

One of the men charged, Peter Berdovsky, said, "[It's] kind of ridiculous that they're making these statements on TV that we must not be safe from terrorism, because they were up there for three weeks and no one noticed. It's pretty commonsensical to look at them and say this is a piece of art and installation."

Terrorism is horrible, but your chances of dying in a terrorist attack are relatively low. You're more likely to be killed hitting a deer with your car. (Two hundred Americans die on average every year from car collisions with deer. Including the toll from 9/11, the average number of Americans to die each year from international terrorism since 1981 is 145.)

Excessive fear of terrorism hurts Americans, too. After 9/11, many people chose to drive rather than fly, leading to 1,000 additional deaths in automobile wrecks.

Boston's crazy reaction reinforces the theme I've been sounding in recent columns: Decentralization of authority is always better than centralized power. Imagine if the federal Department of Homeland Security imposed procedures on all cities for when suspicious devices are spotted. The whole country might have come to a standstill.

Instead -- thank goodness -- cities and states can establish their own procedures based on their own knowledge and experience. If Boston's procedures cause the city to panic and shut down, at least New York's and L.A.'s don't.

That's the beauty of federalism.

disinter
08-10-2007, 10:19 PM
CNN now saying New York is moving up terror threat level based on possible threat.

booga booga!

Nothing like getting the lemmings all scared before the election.... or preparing them for another false flag attack.

disinter
08-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah well I'm here in the city and if I get vaporized by some terrist----

Bush is vaporizing people now?

Swmorgan77
08-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Maybe they can stretch it out so it can get covered over and along with the straw poll tomorrow.

Exactly. Gotta have a screen to tie up media coverage to divert from the "Ron Paul Suprise" that Romney's camp is bracing for.

surf
08-11-2007, 10:49 AM
You know how the bottom of the terror chart is green and reads "LOW risk of terrorist atacks"?

i'm not sure what color to place below green (i'm partial to purple - go Huskies!), but getting to that level should be the goal of anyone and everyone in our government. Anything above green should be regarded as failure.

Ron Paul purple at the bottom of the "color-coded terrorism threat advisory system." Only 15 and half months until Dr. Paul takes office. I can't wait.

Wyurm
08-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Exactly. Gotta have a screen to tie up media coverage to divert from the "Ron Paul Suprise" that Romney's camp is bracing for.

Sounds like some sort of dessert. I'll have the Ron Paul Suprise please :)