PDA

View Full Version : Arizona District 3 Needs a Ron Paul

AJ Antimony
02-11-2008, 06:18 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0211shadegg-race0211-ON.html

Incumbent Congressman John Shadegg will not be seeking re-election. A Ron Paul in Arizona anybody?

Also, for what it's worth, if Arizona Sen. John McCain gets the nomination then I believe his Senate seat will be up for grabs...

FireofLiberty
02-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Goldwater, Jr. could run again...

FireofLiberty
02-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Also, for what it's worth, if Arizona Sen. John McCain gets the nomination then I believe his Senate seat will be up for grabs...

Jeff Flake for Senate?

Goldwater, Jr. for Senate?

life_boy
02-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Current AZ-03 Candidates
Bob Lord (http://www.lord2008.com/) --- Democrat ($612,581 raised)
Annie Loyd --- Independent ($26,376 raised)

With the Arizona Congressional Primaries not until September 2, 2008, there is some time to get a good Republican challenger to Bob Lord in there. From what I can tell, AZ-03 is a heavily Republican district so getting someone in there will be the key and the rest may work itself out if there is strong monetary support and name recognition among the members of the District.

A possibility would be to get a good state Representative or Senator from within that Congressional District to make a run for it. From what I can tell, AZ legislative districts 4, 6, 7, 10 & 11 are all part of Congressional District 3. Below is the state legislators that may qualify, but I know nothing about any of them or their possibilities. If you (or any other AZ forumer) know how these people are, then send them an email to ask if they would consider making a run for it. It will take someone with more knowledge of the individuals and their credentials, their hometown and their integrity to tell you what to do.

Arizona State Legislature (Assorted by District Numbers) (http://www.azleg.gov/MemberRoster.asp?Body=&SortBy=2)

Current Members of Arizona House of Representatives
Tom Boone --- (R) District 4 [Majority Leader]
Judy M. Burges --- (R) District 4
Doug Clark --- (R) District 6
Sam Crump --- (R) District 6
Ray Barnes --- (R) District 7
Nancy K. Barto --- (R) District 7
Jackie Thrasher --- (D) District 10
Jim Weiers --- (R) District 10 [Speaker of the House]
Mark DeSimone --- (D) District 11
Adam Driggs --- (R) District 11

Members of the Arizona State Senate
Jack W. Harper --- (R) District 4
Pamela Gorman --- (R) District 6
Jim Waring --- (R) District 7
Linda Gray --- (R) District 10
Barbara Leff --- (R) District 11

Additional Note:
As was mentioned above, Barry Goldwater, Jr. does now live in Phoenix, but it's a big city and there are many Congressional Districts around it (not sure if he is a part of AZ-03 or not). He ran for public office in California.

AJ Antimony
02-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Wow thank you for all of that life_boy!

AJ Antimony
02-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Jeff Flake for Senate?

Goldwater, Jr. for Senate?

Just looked up Flake's voting record...

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Jeff_Flake.htm

* Voted YES on prohibiting job discrimination based on sexual orientation. (Nov 2007)
* Voted YES on Constitutionally defining marriage as one-man-one-woman. (Jul 2006)
* Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005)
* Voted YES on Constitutional Amendment banning same-sex marriage. (Sep 2004)
* Voted YES on protecting the Pledge of Allegiance. (Sep 2004)
* Voted NO on constitutional amendment prohibiting flag desecration. (Jun 2003)
* Rated 27% by the ACLU, indicating an anti-civil rights voting record. (Dec 2002)
* Rated 0% by the HRC, indicating an anti-gay-rights stance. (Dec 2006)
* Rated 25% by the NAACP, indicating an anti-affirmative-action stance. (Dec 2006)

ddoggphx
02-13-2008, 07:23 PM
I live in Anthem and am considering making a bid for this seat. I don't have name recognition, but I do have a good network of people to help me.

driller
02-13-2008, 07:48 PM
I live in Bullhead City. I don't think I can run for that district. I would like to make a run for district 2 though. I was thinking of doing that in two years.

I think I could afford to fund about $200,000 into the campaign fund. My problem will be Chandler and Glendale. I can get Mohave County. I need to find a good campaign manager.

driller
02-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Does anyone know of some good people in AZ to help with running a campaign? I will do it, but will need alot of help with the pheonix area.

How can I tap into a good campaign manager? I want a motivated group that can not only help with the congress run, but also to help with running the office if elected.

usmc4paul
02-14-2008, 11:30 AM
http://conservativejobs.com/

driller
02-16-2008, 04:49 PM
I am contacting the AZ GOP this week to see how they feel about me as a candidate for the 3rd district.

boggie08
02-25-2008, 05:49 PM
This is important. Goldwater had McCain's seat immediately before McCain. We should take it back. I will donate to ANYONE who enters that primary. But I would especially like Barry Goldwater Jr.

Cleaner44
02-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Does anyone know of some good people in AZ to help with running a campaign? I will do it, but will need alot of help with the pheonix area.

How can I tap into a good campaign manager? I want a motivated group that can not only help with the congress run, but also to help with running the office if elected.

I have zero experience in this area but I still may be able to help. I would love to be a part of the solution.