PDA

View Full Version : Anybody wanna buy RonPaulradio.com?

DjLoTi
02-11-2008, 05:54 PM
I personally am at the point where I can no longer keep up with all the Ron Paul stuff. I've been doing this for almost a year after first learning about Ron Paul, and I just can't keep going.

I'm looking to sell the domain name, we get good amount of hits, and we've got some really cool apps in place, you could run commercials if you wanted to.

I just can't do it right now. If you're interested, please send me a PM. Thanks

*edit* - info requested ---

ghemminger
02-11-2008, 05:56 PM
I personally am at the point where I can no longer keep up with all the Ron Paul stuff. I've been doing this for almost a year after first learning about Ron Paul, and I just can't keep going.

I'm looking to sell the domain name, we get good amount of hits, and we've got some really cool apps in place, you could run commercials if you wanted to.

I just can't do it right now. If you're interested, please send me a PM. Thanks

Say it isn't so....:(

Dustancostine
02-11-2008, 05:56 PM
:( no more RPRadio?

Was it to difficult time wise or financially?

Btw: You did an astounding job, I remember when you first floated the idea.

--Dustan

DjLoTi
02-11-2008, 05:59 PM
It's really mostly because I don't have enough time like I used to to do 24/7 Ron Paul stuff. It's still hoppin and poppin, but There's just too much stuff for me to do and I just don't have the time to do it. It's still gonna be on and around, I just can't be managing everything all the time...

Phantom
02-11-2008, 06:00 PM
WTF?

What's the problem?

DjLoTi
02-11-2008, 06:02 PM
I just can't keep doing RPR full-time. It's not like my other internet radio stations ( talk based ) and it pulls in more donations then normal and people want to get paid instead of being volunteer and it's just kind of been taken too far.

Deborah K
02-11-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm interested but don't have any experience.

ghemminger
02-11-2008, 06:04 PM
I just can't keep doing RPR full-time. It's not like my other internet radio stations ( talk based ) and it pulls in more donations then normal and people want to get paid instead of being volunteer and it's just kind of been taken too far.

Whats the asking price? :)

r3volution
02-11-2008, 06:04 PM
$1

ghemminger
02-11-2008, 06:06 PM
$1

you r def a troll blondie

DjLoTi
02-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Whats the asking price? :)

at least 1,000$, if anyone's really interested please send me a PM

LibertyOfOne
02-11-2008, 06:09 PM

I don't see how they demand payment when many of them can't even adjust proper audio levels or don't have a basic condenser microphone.

thoughtbombing
02-11-2008, 06:10 PM
might be better if you post the stats from the site, as in bandwidth requirements, etc... how much do you make in ad revenue... and monthly costs, that would be a great start... it won't be getting those donations forever..

LibertyOfOne
02-11-2008, 06:12 PM
1000$ sounds about right given it's recognition.

ghemminger
02-11-2008, 06:12 PM
I don't see how they demand payment when many of them can't even adjust proper audio levels or don't have a basic condenser microphone.

This concept really has potential - 100% voluntteer radio station - What Forums on the net wouldn't not want one - cost zero

Acidlump
02-11-2008, 06:14 PM
might be better if you post the stats from the site, as in bandwidth requirements, etc... how much do you make in ad revenue... and monthly costs, that would be a great start... it won't be getting those donations forever..

Yes I would definitely consider the purchase if you could get me this information.

DjLoTi
We were in the top 20 internet radio stations in the world TWICE...

LibertyOfOne
This concept really has potential - 100% voluntteer radio station - What Forums on the net wouldn't not want one - cost zero

Someone should make a good long tutorial on how to setup a good microphone along with how to properly inline phone calls, and how to adjust the levels.

ghemminger
02-11-2008, 06:17 PM

Non and the guys will buy it from you...you must be pissed to post it in here

thoughtbombing
02-11-2008, 06:27 PM

Then it should be truly impressive to see those stats. I'd consider the purchase, and even sign a contract stating that the format will not change until after November, given the proper credentials for the site.

How much do you spend in bandwidth each month, and more importantly, is this server coming WITH the purchase, or would new hosting and more coding be required, or is the domain name the only thing we'd be buying?

[edit] Have you contacted the campaign first to see if maybe THEY would like to buy it? Could you imagine a scenario where we lose the Presidential Race, Peden wins in Texas and Ron Paul starts up a career as a broadcaster? Could happen. Let us know

Acidlump
02-11-2008, 06:30 PM
[edit] Have you contacted the campaign first to see if maybe THEY would like to buy it? Could you imagine a scenario where we lose the Presidential Race, Peden wins in Texas and Ron Paul starts up a career as a broadcaster? Could happen. Let us know

LOL

DjLoTi
02-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Then it should be truly impressive to see those stats. I'd consider the purchase, and even sign a contract stating that the format will not change until after November, given the proper credentials for the site.

How much do you spend in bandwidth each month, and more importantly, is this server coming WITH the purchase, or would new hosting and more coding be required, or is the domain name the only thing we'd be buying?

we spend about $400 in bandwidth a month, and I don't see why you can't just purchase the hosting that we currently use.

As far as being in the top 20 internet radio stations, the first time was on Nov. 5th and the second time was about 5 days ago when we had some exclusive coverage of a Ron Paul rally with over 1,400 listeners.

PauliticsPolitics
02-11-2008, 06:32 PM
maybe the other RP radio site will want it.

http://ronpaulrevolutionradio.com/

?????

Roxi
02-11-2008, 06:36 PM
noOoOoOoOoooOOOooOOOOooOooOoooOOooOOOoOoOooOooOOoO oOooOoOoOoOoooooOooOooOoooOooOoOOooOOOOooOooOoooOO ooOOOoOoOooOooOOoOoOooOoOoOoOoooooOooOooOoooOooOoO OooOOOOooOooOoooOOooOOOoOoOooOooOOoOoOooOoOoOoOooo ooOooOooOoooOooOoOOooOOOOooOooOoooOOooOOOoOoOooOoo OOoOoOooOoOoOoOoooooOooOooOoooOooOoOOooOOOOooOooOo ooOOooOOOoOoOooOooOOoOoOooOoOoOoOoooooOooOooOoooOo oOoOOooOOOOooOooOoooOOooOOOoOoOooOooOOoOoOooOoOoOo OoooooOooOooOoooOooOoOOooOOOOooOooOoooOOooOOOoOoOo oOooOOoOoOooOoOoOoOoooooOooOooOoooOooOoOOooOOOOooO ooOoooOOooOOOoOoOooOooOOoOoOooOoOoOoOoooooOooOooOo ooOooOoOOooOOOOooOooOoooOOooOOOoOoOooOooOOoOoOooOo OoOoOoooooOooOooOoooOooOoO

LibertyOfOne
02-11-2008, 06:40 PM

?????

Wow that one is light years ahead

Levels are good
The transitions are great
The callers don't sound like they are piped through a microphone

DjLoTi
02-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Wow that one is light years ahead

They're actually not as good as they could be, and neither is ours. But I can't manage mine anymore.

www.rprr.com is actually a cookie-cutter from http://www.wtprn.com/, who 1 - stole a bunch of my hosts and 2 - saw our numbers and realized they couldn't afford not marketing to this 'revolution' ..

I didn't have the luxury of running an internet radio station for 5 years before I learned about Ron Paul. I only knew they existed.. lol

Energy
02-11-2008, 06:44 PM

?????

Definitely contact them.

Bossobass
02-11-2008, 06:49 PM
DJ,

Thanks for the energy and hard work, my friend.

Bosso

DjLoTi
02-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Those guys attacked my website, and then they talked **** about me personally to their audience. I'm just competition to them, they'd prob rather see me burn then buy me out, but they might, since they're so corporately motivated.. actually I could just never sell them my website.

DjLoTi
02-11-2008, 06:50 PM
DJ,

Thanks for the energy and hard work, my friend.

Bosso

Thanks Bosso. :)

mdh
02-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Djloti, what are you planning to do with the funds raised that you still have in your personal bank account? There's gotta be a few thousand bucks in there (no one but you could see what was raised before I setup google in mid-December, so I can't say total how much) - I know there's at least $2000 left from google checkout alone. So what's the deal? You're selling the domain, why not just let me have it and continue running ronpaulradio?

Just so everyone knows, I'm going to keep ronpaulradio going - all of the hosts are on board, and I have rpiradio.com registered to use for it if djloti sells of ronpaulradio.com to the highest bidder. The emergency chipin on the site goes to me, and is being used to pay ronpaulradio's bills and back-owed bills, which I cut the first round of checks and sent them out this morning so that people who were promised would get paid, even though it is unfortunately late.

:(

MelissaWV
02-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Wow that's incredible stuff I'm reading on here.

"As far as being in the top 20 internet radio stations, the first time was on Nov. 5th and the second time was about 5 days ago when we had some exclusive coverage of a Ron Paul rally with over 1,400 listeners."

Perhaps if you visited more often you'd know that the 1500 listeners were on due to one of your DJs taking some initiative and redirecting callers from a short-circuiting *conference call* (not rally) to the radio chatroom and stream. The removal of almost 2000 (there were people on the TV side also) people from the conf call allowed it to at least be audible.

I'm going to be as polite as I can be, but out of one corner of your mouth I see you condemning people who "want to get paid" (a year's worth of code, hosts, ops, and administration would cost you a heck of a lot more than a few thousand), but out of the other I hear "at least $1000". Interesting.

To the poster who bemoaned the quality, and noted RPRR is lightyears ahead? The revolution isn't composed of professional broadcasters. Although passion isn't 100% of the equation, it's a big part of it. No commercials, very little policing of content, listener participation, exclusive content (RPR listeners knew about the WV GOP Convention results, and the deal with Huckabee, before half the people in the room at the Convention did)... that's the focus.

One might ask, with so many donations, why not a higher quality of audio? Can't we afford to buy our hosts some decent equip? Who knows... In the interest of full disclosure, I was asked to handle accounting for this venture. There was never any way to disburse the money, and so nothing got done. People fronted their own money and did not receive reimbursement.

It has all the smell of a dirty diaper to come on here and see this series of posts. Don't worry; I'm not associated with the ambitious phase of what RPR is evolving into very much. I'm back at work again, busting my butt because the venture I was told would be making oodles by now was strangled by its own pursestrings. THAT is what is going on. "I'm tired"... yeah. You ain't the only one.

kigol
02-11-2008, 09:48 PM
sorry to see it go.

mdh
02-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Ron Paul Radio is not going anywhere - we shall continue at rpiradio.com - http://www.rpiradio.com/

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Those guys attacked my website, and then they talked **** about me personally to their audience. I'm just competition to them, they'd prob rather see me burn then buy me out, but they might, since they're so corporately motivated.. actually I could just never sell them my website.

Recently I have heard them saying good things about the "other" station. Dont be so sure.

mdh
02-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Recently I have heard them saying good things about the "other" station. Dont be so sure.

I'm sure the vast majority of the people involved with rprradio are nice, decent folks. I've met a few who are. There are a couple of people there who are not, however, and who really did launch attacks on ronpaulradio when they left to form rprradio. :(

Dustancostine
02-11-2008, 10:28 PM
mdh,

If I was you I would be securing libertyforestradio.com pretty fast.

-_Dustan

mdh
02-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Wow that's incredible stuff I'm reading on here.

"As far as being in the top 20 internet radio stations, the first time was on Nov. 5th and the second time was about 5 days ago when we had some exclusive coverage of a Ron Paul rally with over 1,400 listeners."

Perhaps if you visited more often you'd know that the 1500 listeners were on due to one of your DJs taking some initiative and redirecting callers from a short-circuiting *conference call* (not rally) to the radio chatroom and stream. The removal of almost 2000 (there were people on the TV side also) people from the conf call allowed it to at least be audible.

I'm going to be as polite as I can be, but out of one corner of your mouth I see you condemning people who "want to get paid" (a year's worth of code, hosts, ops, and administration would cost you a heck of a lot more than a few thousand), but out of the other I hear "at least $1000". Interesting.

To the poster who bemoaned the quality, and noted RPRR is lightyears ahead? The revolution isn't composed of professional broadcasters. Although passion isn't 100% of the equation, it's a big part of it. No commercials, very little policing of content, listener participation, exclusive content (RPR listeners knew about the WV GOP Convention results, and the deal with Huckabee, before half the people in the room at the Convention did)... that's the focus.

One might ask, with so many donations, why not a higher quality of audio? Can't we afford to buy our hosts some decent equip? Who knows... In the interest of full disclosure, I was asked to handle accounting for this venture. There was never any way to disburse the money, and so nothing got done. People fronted their own money and did not receive reimbursement.

It has all the smell of a dirty diaper to come on here and see this series of posts. Don't worry; I'm not associated with the ambitious phase of what RPR is evolving into very much. I'm back at work again, busting my butt because the venture I was told would be making oodles by now was strangled by its own pursestrings. THAT is what is going on. "I'm tired"... yeah. You ain't the only one.

qft

lastnymleft
02-11-2008, 10:38 PM
deleted

angelatc
02-12-2008, 11:03 PM

Wow - the sad end of an era.

You did a great job, and I hope when it's all over you'll remember the fun you had with all of it.

It's a tough time to be a Ron Paul supporter, that's for sure.

I'm going to miss the RonPaulRadio you created. You should upload that Judge N interview somewhere for posterity. That was awesome.

slantedview
02-12-2008, 11:31 PM
i've said this before and i'll say it again:

djloti took A LOT of crap from a lot of people when he was getting rpr off the ground (it actually reminded me a lot of ron paul's congressional career). but despite all the criticism, he busted his ass and made it happen - and for that he has my respect.

i hope to see rpr continue and thrive.

pacelli
02-12-2008, 11:35 PM

Or take personal cell phone calls on the air.

rmholla
02-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Did the site sell? I tried to pull it up and got an error message.

-

bluto20
02-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Did the site sell? I tried to pull it up and got an error message.

-

try http://www.rpiradio.com