PDA

View Full Version : Washington State Recount

kathy88
02-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Huck has asked for a recount. How do we ensure that some Paul supporters are present for this?

Kacela
02-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Huck has asked for a recount. How do we ensure that some Paul supporters are present for this?

How can Huckleberry ask for a recount when only 93.3 % of the first "count" has been completed?

Join The Paul Side
02-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Is it possible that the Washington State GOP called the election for McCain not as a slap in the face to Huck, but to prevent news of Ron Paul winning the state from breaking out? just curious. :confused:

Mesogen
02-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Yes, what ARE they doing in Washington?

it looks REALLY suspicious

Kacela
02-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Is it possible that the Washington State GOP called the election for McCain not as a slap in the face to Huck, but to prevent news of Ron Paul winning the state from breaking out? just curious. :confused:
That's what they did in Louisiana, so why not Washington State as well...

kathy88
02-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Which leads me back to the original question. HOW do we get RP supporters to be active participants?

I didn't pull this out of my ass...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/350851_huckabee12.html?source=mypi

Nailhead
02-11-2008, 05:18 PM
would this cost huck money?

Join The Paul Side
02-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Yeah can Huck even afford a recount? Maybe he should ask us for a Chipin. Wouldn't that be funny? :D

TurtleBurger
02-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Recount what? The numbers reported by the media were pretty much a guess. No one will know the real results until convention. Hopefully Huck wastes a lot of effort and money on this.

EastWindRain
02-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Recount what? The numbers reported by the media were pretty much a guess. No one will know the real results until convention. Hopefully Huck wastes a lot of effort and money on this.

Why will we not know the results until the convention? Why haven't the full results been released? Is it possible that Ron Paul won Washington?

AlbemarleNC0003
02-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Washington State GOP stopped counting. They are going to finish the original count. There is no recount. Read the article.

literatim
02-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Why will we not know the results until the convention? Why haven't the full results been released? Is it possible that Ron Paul won Washington?

Because it is a caucus and you can't determine the real results until all the delegates vote.

freelance
02-11-2008, 06:20 PM
I cannot believe the level of BS we have reached in the Republican party. Under WHAT authority do they simply STOP a count of votes?

thoughtbombing
02-11-2008, 06:24 PM
How much is the recount, lets get the chipin started... I'll donate.

Avalon
02-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Because it is a caucus and you can't determine the real results until all the delegates vote. They could post the results (delegates, including uncomitted) of each county. But they won't do that because we won the most, and probably will sweep a county (Spokane) or two.

kirkblitz
02-11-2008, 06:28 PM
http://www.piercegop.org/
Pierce County Republicans
the delegates preferences are:

McCain 192

Huckabee 186

Romney 143

Paul 142

Uncommitted 51

1946 people signed in and their preferences were:

Huckabee 609

McCain 571

Romney 304

Paul 303

Uncommitted 167

they very well could give us the actual delegate numbers.

http://www.piercegop.org/Election%20date%20information.htm

literatim
02-11-2008, 06:31 PM
They could post the results (delegates, including uncomitted) of each county. But they won't do that because we won the most, and probably will sweep a county (Spokane) or two.

The problem with that is that you aren't really declared in support for any candidate when you become a delegate. They won't know who is for which candidate. The only way for them to find out would be to ask each delegate and hope they don't lie.

freelance
02-11-2008, 06:56 PM
How much is the recount, lets get the chipin started... I'll donate.

It's not yet a matter of a recount. They stopped the ORIGINAL count and declared McCain the winner. There are no county totals posted. Why is that? Because if RP won 40+% of whatever county is Spokane, then how many counties do you suppose would be required to have a 0% count for RP for him to end up with a 20% overall count? Remember that the county where Spokane resides is the second largest county. Simply put, it can't be done, because we all know that RP has lots of support in WA. IMO, it is impossible to show a county-by-county count where the figured add up correctly, so they simply STOPPED THE COUNT. I have never heard of that happening before, and I've been watching elections since I was a young child.

Does anyone else ever remember an original count being stopped? I'm not talking a recount; I'm talking a real live, original count!

kathy88
02-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Not me, never seen it. Also never seen a party change the rules at the last minute as in Louisiana, or "suspend a recunt" as in NH and I've also never seen the MSM totally freaking ignore a presidential candidate.

*sigh*

Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.