PDA

View Full Version : A prayer for Tomorrow

remaxjon
08-10-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm not religious but desperate times call for well you know the rest. I think this one fits our little group well. I can't wait for tomorrow!

Psalms 20: Prayer for Victory over Enemies

Psa 20:1 The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;

Psa 20:2 Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion;

Psa 20:3 Remember all thy offerings, and accept thy burnt sacrifice; Selah.

Psa 20:4 Grant thee according to thine own heart, and fulfil all thy counsel.

Psa 20:5 We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the LORD fulfil all thy petitions.

Psa 20:6 Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.

Psa 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

Psa 20:8 They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright.

Psa 20:9 Save, LORD: let the king hear us when we call.

ShaneC
08-10-2007, 08:52 PM
I can't really compete with The Bible nor the Quran, but...

But there is a way to refuse and resist, we don't need,
We Don't need to be ruled with an Iron Fist
We are the people, we are strong
Let's make up our minds and prove them wrong.

- KMFDM, Glory.

(sorry, i'm not nearly as religious as I used to be...)

Wyurm
08-10-2007, 08:53 PM
"Please Ron Paul, win the Ames Straw Poll!!!!!!!" ------- Wyurm, the Book of Ron Paul 34:28.

thomaspaine23
08-10-2007, 08:54 PM
These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.

Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

rajibo
08-10-2007, 09:08 PM
May all be filled with joy and peace.
May all beings everywhere,
The strong and the weak,
The great and the small,
The meek and the powerful,
The short and the long,
The subtle and the gross:

May all beings everywhere,
Both seen and unseen,
Dwelling far off or nearby,
Being, or waiting to become:
May all be filled with lasting joy.

Let no one deceive another,
Let no one anywhere despise another,
Let no one out of anger or resentment
Wish suffering to anyone at all.

Just as a mother with her own life
Protects her child, her only child, from hurt,
So within yourself let grow
A boundless love for all creatures.

Let your love flow outward through the whole universe
To its full height, depth, and broad extent,
Then, as you stand or walk,
Sit or lie down,
As long as you are awake,
Strive for this with a onepointed mind:
Your life will bring heaven to earth.

--Buddhist prayer

akalucas
08-10-2007, 09:19 PM
1 Corinthians 16:13
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.

Luke 10:19 - Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

AlexAmore
08-10-2007, 09:32 PM
God, If you let Ron Paul win, i'll clean up my community's environment every day with gloves and a trash bag for the rest of my life.

Amen.

inibo
08-10-2007, 09:41 PM
I can't remember the last time I quoted scripture without irony, sarcasm or my tongue firmly in my cheek.

There was a time, though, when Psalm 91 helped me through in very dark places.

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

ShaneC
08-10-2007, 09:44 PM
inibo,

I'd completely forgotten that verse (verses?), but I always adored it.

Thank you.

ShaneC
08-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Prayer to Saint Michael

Saint Michael, Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And you, Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into Hell Satan and the other evil spirits who prowl the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Pope Leo XIII (1878-1903)
formerly said after Low Mass
modified slightly