PDA

View Full Version : Can we emulate winning strategy for Huckabee?

Monotaur
02-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi all,

I've been hearing about Huckabee's supporters making 10,000's of calls into states just prior to the primaries and caucuses, and how that has had a very positive impact on the results. From the email releases, it sounds like they make about 6 calls on average. I know that we've had similar pushes in the past (Call4Paul, Ring For Ron, etc), but are these still active? What kind of coordination is there?

I remember some discussion about how uncoordinated calls into New Hampshire actually hurt us when some people would receive up to 10 calls the night before the primary. If we were to do any calling into the upcoming states, we'd have to make sure that it is coordinated. There was also some talk about getting an "asterik" box or some other coordinated efforts. Is this still in the works, or a possibility?

Thanks!

miketwalker
02-11-2008, 05:35 PM
I've actually heard that in many cases Ron Paul people have been overcalling people. These may be isolated cases, but I know I heard a few people complaining about receiving 4 or 5 messages from Ron Paul leading into the elections. I don't know if this is the campaign or being combined with the grassroots or what... but we certainly don't want to upset people with over-calling them (such a weird problem to have)

I would suggest we try to find out what groups are calling where and make sure that we aren't overlapping too much with headquarters, but it can't hurt to help them.