PDA

View Full Version : Jan 2008 poll shows 32% of republicans want troops home soon

jmdrake
02-11-2008, 04:40 PM
http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm

Withdraw Now, Withdraw Within Year, Stay as Long As It Takes, Unsure
%, % , %, %,

ALL reg. voters
20, 43, 31, 6,

Democrats
32, 58, 8, 2,

Independents
19, 47, 26, 8,

Republicans
8, 24, 61, 7,

So why didn't Ron Paul sweep up 32% of the Republican vote? :confused:

Regards,

John M. Drake

Lord Xar
02-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Why? EASY.

NOBODY KNOWS HIS POSITIONS, NOR DO THEY EVEN KNOW HE EXISTS!

Listen, the Media is owned by special interests that have a HUGE interest in NOT seeing Ron Paul win. That is the reason.

Why there isn't a class action lawsuit that addresses the medias biasness and pushing certain candidates is a travesty and should be pushed to court.

familydog
02-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Its too bad they all voted for John McCain.

Bruno
02-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Why? EASY.

NOBODY KNOWS HIS POSITIONS, NOR DO THEY EVEN KNOW HE EXISTS!

Listen, the Media is owned by special interests that have a HUGE interest in NOT seeing Ron Paul win. That is the reason.

Why there isn't a class action lawsuit that addresses the medias biasness and pushing certain candidates is a travesty and should be pushed to court.

There is a class action RICO lawsuit against the MSM. Check it out here:

http://tekgnosis.typepad.com/tekgnosis/2008/01/ron-paul-200-11.html

jmdrake
02-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Yeah. I know. The media screwed us over. This is partly a rhetorical question. Of course we knew from the jump that we'd have to go around the media. Wasn't that the reason for raising millions before the Iowa caucuses and NH primary? Personally I think we wasted money going after Tancredo's 2% instead of hammering the antiwar message. And I think on the grassroots level we were too interested in making the "personal touch". Instead of sending handwritten letters we should have simply sent postcards. Made sure the message at least got to every voter. And yes McCain got antiwar votes which boggles the mind! Maybe we should have run negative ads quoting McCain on leaving the door open to stay in Iraq for 100 years? I dunno.

Regards,

John M. Drake

freelance
02-11-2008, 06:50 PM

Because, (get this) the courts have ruled that the media (FOX, specifically) does not have to tell the truth.

literatim
02-11-2008, 06:50 PM
When I am out canvassing, I find anti-war Republicans. In fact, only a single supporter I have found is a Democrat.