PDA

View Full Version : Report: Paul Supporters At Huckabee Rally In VA!

virginiakid
02-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Well, went to the Huckabee rally at the Shenandoah Regional Airport in Weyers Cave, VA in the Shenandoah Valley. They had a crowd between 200-300. Several RP meet-up group members were there to show our support.:)

Well, having a RP sign inside the hanger amongst all the other Huckabee supporters was a lot of fun. We had an encounter with one of the Huckabee staff telling us that we had to leave because it was a private event. But it wasn't because they invited the public. So we basically stood our ground and stayed.

I was trying to do some recon to see what politician I could see there or if I could find the County and City republican chair at the event. Of course I did-wouldn't you know it. So chances are He is a Huckabee supporter, so now I know how the delegate process is going to go.

Anyway, after the rally we quietly stayed outside with our RP signs and ended up meeting several other RP supporters(all of whom are voting for RP). The nice thing about our spot was no-one was able to avoid us:).

Something struck me though during Huckabee's speech. One, about the Fair Tax idea. The FAir Tax proposal says that there will be a 23% national sales tax. Then each month there will be rebate check. My question is, how is the world are you going to send out millions of rebate checks each month? Wouldn't his require the hiring of more government employees? How would you know who is poor and who isn't without having the REAL ID?

Second was on his stance on Illegal Immigration, while I support that the law be upheld and that those who break our laws should be sent back, I cannot understand his view of tracking everybody like fedex tracks its packages. Again, sounds like he supports REAL ID even though he never says he supports it. Just some observations. BTW, the war talk was sickening. There was a guy there who had a sign there that made no sense at all. It said "Huckabee Pro-Life Not Pro War!" Now what in the world does that mean? And yes this guy is a Huckabee supporter because on his way to his car he had a bunch of Huckabee stickers.

Also, the local newspaper took pictures of us! and the one who was taking the pictures was also a RP supporter! So hopefully we will make the paper in the morning!

familydog
02-11-2008, 04:46 PM
As far as I know, everybody, regardless of income gets the "prebate." How much you get is estimated at how much you spend a month for essential goods and services. But yes, sending out 300 million checks every months would require a huge amount of people and a lot more beuacracy.

Other than that...

Good job!

virginiakid
02-11-2008, 04:47 PM
And would require that the REAL ID is in full effect.

familydog
02-11-2008, 04:49 PM
I don't think it would require the REAL ID. It's the same as sending out Social Security checks every month.

Monotaur
02-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Never mind the fact that the "FairTax" is actually a 30% tax ($0.30 added to every dollar spent, which is just like adding $0.06 to every dollar for a local 6% sales tax), and not a 23% tax. And, is actually doubly-taxing seniors since they'll be (essentially) taxed again on income that they've saved up over their lives.

Mystile
02-11-2008, 05:10 PM
the fairtax is hardly fair.

Catatonic
02-11-2008, 05:14 PM
The fair tax is about as fair as the patriot act is patriotic.

markj
02-11-2008, 05:14 PM
but it is better than the income tax.

Avalon
02-11-2008, 05:22 PM
And, is actually doubly-taxing seniors since they'll be (essentially) taxed again on income that they've saved up over their lives. Well, that's one thing I'm not opposed to doing. They're the ones who refused to pay their way and voted in all these people to sell their grandchildren into slavery.

Eponym_mi
02-11-2008, 05:26 PM

No, it isn't. And it would kill the economy.:rolleyes:

ARealConservative
02-11-2008, 05:32 PM
The fair tax is a better form of taxation - only because it is visible. It is still a bad solution IMO, only slightly better then what we have now.

It is revenue neutral - so the 30% figure is designed to bring in the same amount of money our current tax code brings in. The fact that everybody pays it would go a long way in finally getting people to vote for less spending.

Currently 97% of income tax comes from less then 50% of the population..... Kind of hard to get candidates to cut spending when most of it is payed with the hidden inflation tax since they are income tax exempt.

virginiakid
02-11-2008, 07:49 PM
The way I see it , let the fair tax come in and then when everybody sees how bad it is, then we can totally get rid of all it.

itsnobody
02-11-2008, 08:19 PM
The fair tax would be better than what we have now...
Except everyone gets a monthly rebate check, which is horrible....

Pauliana
02-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Well, that's one thing I'm not opposed to doing. They're the ones who refused to pay their way and voted in all these people to sell their grandchildren into slavery.

Ack. Yes, I too, am finding it harder and harder not to blame all of this on old people. I'm really losing patience with their non-internet having, MSM trusting, bloc voting ways...

I hate feeling this way too.

Airborn
02-11-2008, 08:33 PM
with a "fair" tax there will be a huge black market, which means more law enforcement, i say no

freelance
02-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Ack. Yes, I too, am finding it harder and harder not to blame all of this on old people. I'm really losing patience with their non-internet having, MSM trusting, bloc voting ways...

I hate feeling this way too.

Then don't. They paid into the system for years.

Misesian
02-11-2008, 08:39 PM
No, it isn't. And it would kill the economy.:rolleyes:

How would eliminating all taxation on the fruits of your labor, in favor of an flat and across the board excise tax, kill the economy?

Monotaur
02-11-2008, 10:07 PM
How would eliminating all taxation on the fruits of your labor, in favor of an flat and across the board excise tax, kill the economy?

What you are suggesting isn't the FairTax (ie, national sales tax)... what you are suggesting is Ron Paul's plan.

Eponym_mi
02-12-2008, 10:41 AM

A 30% tax? Are you crazy? Either consumption would nearly stop altogether, or huge black markets would be formed. 2~5% might be ok, but 30% is insane.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-12-2008, 10:45 AM
The "fair tax" would be the absolute end of my business!

obsolescence
02-12-2008, 10:51 AM
A consumption tax would encourage savings, which is good for the economy.

Ron Paul's plan of abolishing the IRS and replacing it with nothing is better, though..

virgil47
02-12-2008, 11:05 AM
A high consumption tax would deep six the economy by ensuring that spending is greatly reduced. If no one spends retailers go out of business and lay off employees. If employees are laid off even fewer people will spend and industry will not have any capital to invest in future products. If industry quits coming up with new products the foriegn multinational conglomerates will move in and claim the market. I for one do not wish to see the American consumers sending their hard eaned dollars overseas.

bluemarkets
02-12-2008, 11:10 AM
HUckabee appears to support the REAL ID

http://www.jbs.org/node/7007

Tim724
02-12-2008, 11:29 AM
I don't think the Fairtax is good or sound, but I wouldn't mind having it implemented.

First, it would get rid of the IRS/income tax. Once it's gone, it'll be hard for the bureaucrats to get it back.

They'll try to implement the sales tax and the black market will be rampant. The fairtax would be far easier to evade than the income tax. It will be great. The power of the market will far exceed the government's ability to enforce.

In the end, it will greatly destabalize and disempower the gobmint and be a great step forward for freedom.

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 11:36 AM

NO. There is double and even triple tax liabilty for those who got their money from saving, or inheritance. It will drive down actual purchases and kill the economy. The cheques are a scam to get you to have to go to a bank even if you do not use one and the monies are the bribe to get you to sign onto their massive multivolume adhesion contracts making you human resource collateral whose name and number are used by high financiers as collateral on commodities deals.

HTH
Randy

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Well, that's one thing I'm not opposed to doing. They're the ones who refused to pay their way and voted in all these people to sell their grandchildren into slavery.

I call shill on you. Yer consitently in the wrong camp issuing poison darts into threads on this forum. You are a Huckabillie trying to recruit. get lost..

Randy

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 11:41 AM
The way I see it , let the fair tax come in and then when everybody sees how bad it is, then we can totally get rid of all it.

Are you kdding. They see their funding mechanism for wars drying up as people challenge the income tax and after a long fight it is near death and you should not be following their program as it is just placing the funding mechanism for your slavery into a gambit that the unthinking thinks is fair. It will still be used to forge the chains of your subservience. Cut the gravy train and the beast dies.

HTH
Randy

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 11:44 AM
HUckabee appears to support the REAL ID

http://www.jbs.org/node/7007

Huckabees backers (CFR) support tracking us like livestock so they can trade our names and numbers as human resource collateral. I am a child of the Divine. Not their fucking book of expenditures and incomes.

Randy

jsgolfman
02-12-2008, 12:08 PM
The fair tax is about as fair as the patriot act is patriotic.

That's good, thanks for the chuckle.

rg123
02-12-2008, 12:11 PM
The fair tax would be better than what we have now...
Except everyone gets a monthly rebate check, which is horrible....

No it won't be better Because it will be used to implement the RFID chip and everyone better start paying attention and stop with the Huckabee love.

The FAIRTAX: A TROJAN HORSE FOR AMERICA?

http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/fairtax.htm

tommyzDad
02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
So! Anyway, back to the topic in the thread title: Great job, virginiakid!!!!

MooCowzRock
02-12-2008, 12:35 PM
No one would want to spend any money with the "fairtax"! It would kill the economy!

Hardrock
02-12-2008, 12:53 PM
As far as I know, everybody, regardless of income gets the "prebate." How much you get is estimated at how much you spend a month for essential goods and services. But yes, sending out 300 million checks every months would require a huge amount of people and a lot more beuacracy.

Other than that...

Good job!

No "estimating" about it......They already know exactly how much you spend on essential goods and services.

Groundwork for an (Un)Fair-Tax agenda has aready been laid.
Not counting electronic banking transactions, the least obvious to the public at large would be the so called
"Saver's Cards" you get at local businesses.

How many of you ever notice the brainless soccer moms at the local supermarket?
(You know the ones. New minivan, bowl haircut, sensable shoes, deer in the headlights look etc. )

A cart full of Bt engineered foodstuff in tow, herding their screaming ninja turtles toward the checkout with a
"Discount Card" in one hand, and a credit/debit card in the other.....

Inticed by so called "savings", they trade personal tracking info for that card.
A very detailed accurate accounting of exactly what you spend on essential goods and services........

Doubt me? Just ask anyone in the EU what those little "Saver Cards" are REALLY for.

Maybe Randy can back me up on this.

virginiakid
02-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Huckabees backers (CFR) support tracking us like livestock so they can trade our names and numbers as human resource collateral. I am a child of the Divine. Not their fucking book of expenditures and incomes.

Randy

Funny that you mentioned this because this was exactly what it sounded like when he was talking about tracking no. etc....

virginiakid
02-12-2008, 01:08 PM
So! Anyway, back to the topic in the thread title: Great job, virginiakid!!!!

Thanks tommyzdad. We were definitely respectful, and hopefully some of them went out and did a little study on RP. It was also good to find out who the County and City GOPs were for. Now you know what to expect.

Steve_New_Jersey
02-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Look.... We as Americans have to make a choice.

Do we wish to continue with our current tax system that allows the gov to claim ownership of the peoples income? A system that gives out penalty for those who are productive? A system that proves us all slaves and suspends our rights?

I agree Hucks tax is absurd. His numbers are way out there. It would tax us more then we are already paying. A few tweaks and his tax would be great. Its not far from a constitutional tax. I suggest we all keep that in mind. Instead of shooting it down lets promote it. Its still a baby and could very easily be brought in line with the constitution. Nobody says we should take this tax idea as it is. There is room for improvement.

teshuah
02-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the work virginia kid! I hope many more did the same today!!

on the fairtax--- Yes it would kill our business too, and we don't sell the low-end goods either. Plus, at least as an employer I could have the option of not being an agent of the IRS and collecting income tax out of my employee's checks (we don't have employees just say if). But with the fair tax it is requiring us to be agents for the government to collect their taxes. Just like I shouldn't have to be an agent for the government to garnish an employee's wages for child support. They can take that fair tax idea and shove it! It's bad all around!

Misesian
02-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Guys, you're really missing it on the FairTax here. Please tell me how is it worse when the SAME REVENUE is raised from one tax vs. 5 other taxes?

If you're going to tax something, taxing consumption (gets the illegals, criminals, foreigners, etc.) is much better than taxing the wage earners in our country.

The biggest problem with the FairTax is that it does NOT reduce revenues going into Washington D.C.

All of the other arguments I'm seeing here can be applied to the current system, and I think those things are much worse under the current system too.

I take Ron Paul's stance on the FairTax, I'd vote YES for it but wouldn't waste time promoting it when I can tell people that we can eliminate the income tax and replace it with NOTHING by simply bringing out troops home.

damoncrowe
02-12-2008, 08:18 PM

Other than that...

Good job!

And money!