PDA

View Full Version : Need some website design help ...

cbc58
02-11-2008, 04:26 PM
I am looking for some help with a website that I developed to make it more attractive and usable for visitors.

Let me explain what it is the site is trying to accomplish and hopefully someone here can take a look and help... or at least provide feedback.

The site is called www.Reform2008.com and forms the connecting point for a movement of the same name. Reform2008 seeks to futher the ideas and ideals of Dr. Paul, but it takes a more centrist view in an effort to attract voters in all parties and in all walks of life. The main goal (for now) is to unite voters to acheive real and meaningful reforms as a result of the 2008 election cycle.
This will be accomplished by supporting candidates that pledge to make real reforms.. and though uniting voters (across all parties) with a collective voice.

Though I am a Paul supporter myself, I realize that the majority of Americans back the other candidates. If this election was a pepperoni pizza, Dr. Paul would represent a portion of one slice.... and the big parties would have the rest. That is the reality of the situation. What Reform2008 is trying to do is influence the pepperoni on the pizza... regardless of what slice it's on.

The website that I have setup right now is very plain and has been done by myself/ I'm not a programmer. I think with a little bit of work it could be much better and made more attractive to visitors. So I am asking for help and feedback.

My opinion of this election is that there is a real chance to accomplish something regardless of who gets elected.... and that's the bottomline of Reform2008.

Take a look and let me know if you can help. Tks.

cbc58
02-12-2008, 04:41 PM
anyone?

Jay Bee
02-18-2008, 02:12 AM
... My opinion of this election is that there is a real chance to accomplish something regardless of who gets elected.... and that's the bottomline of Reform2008.

Take a look and let me know if you can help. Tks.

Your site is looking nice but this is the reason I will not spend time to help with your site and it may be why others haven't offered as well...

Yes, no matter who gets elected something gets accomplished. It is what gets done that has been the problem. That is why we support RP. The records of their history speaks for each of the candidates. Ron Paul is the only one who's background and history doesn't make me, umm, #*%%&#!!!

They all "pledge" to make reforms and they do make reforms but the reforms never seem to turn out the way they were presented. Their pledges are lies in disguise.

Their idea of "a plan that is best for the country" can be said with straight face sincerity because they know people assume that everyone has the same perspective of what "good for the country" is.

Sorry, I could get carried away, but I won't, however...

While I have your attention, then maybe I could persuade you to put the site on the back burner and spend your time supporting the Revolution Movement. Get involved with the system because that is where the battle is.

http://www.blackboxvoting.org
This organization needs help reforming the voting system so that the votes will reflect the will of the people. There are many levels to get involved.

In your spare time you may consider finding a fund raising project which may need help. Our focus should be to get RP elected.

Tarzan
02-18-2008, 02:21 AM
There is only one type of reform that matters to me... the federal government and our elected representatives need to follow their oaths and the supreme law of the land... the Constitution. As Jay Bee said, reform means different things to different people.

There is only one reform we need at the federal level... the restoration of the Constitution.

For these reasons I will not be participating and will not offer website assistance.

Kludge
02-18-2008, 02:37 AM
http://www.blackboxvoting.org
This organization needs help reforming the voting system so that the votes will reflect the will of the people. There are many levels to get involved.

In your spare time you may consider finding a fund raising project which may need help. Our focus should be to get RP elected.

Dr. Paul has 0 chance of winning the nomination and he seems terribly reluctant to do a 3rd party run, I think it's time to start focusing on broader Ron Paul Politics, such as reform websites like both "Reform 2008" and "BlackBoxVoting".

That said, I don't understand what this is about. Is it a watchdog group, a PAC, what? It seems to endorse candidates with a libertarian-leaning but claim non-partisanship.

cbc58
02-18-2008, 01:37 PM
JayBee and Tarzan,

I guess I don't follow your logic in not supporting Reform2008. It is trying to achieve many of the same things you are... and that is getting real, substantive reforms enacted for the problems facing our country. You can be pro-Paul all you want (which I am), but the reality is that over 90% of voters are not behind him.

I am going to post another message soon on Reform 2008 and hopefully it will answer some more questions people have. The bottomline is that this time around... voters want things fixed instead of empty promises and rhetoric from politicians.

Jay Bee
02-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Dr. Paul has 0 chance of winning the nomination and he seems terribly reluctant to do a 3rd party run, ...You are entitled to your opinion about his chances, and that's all it is, opinion, because you have nothing to support that statement. The thought of a third party run is absurd until there have been corrections in the system.

Considering the opposition we face the odds are not in his favor but truth is this; As long as the people supporting him stay focused on the primary goal then his chances are increased

If RP was not a threat to the opposition then there wouldn't be so much effort in trying to push him down and suppress him. Those actions reveal the truth, which is the opposition does think he has a chance.

Offering a site on the web for the opposition to spew forth more deceit is not the focus of the mission. After the mission has been accomplished, then I would be happy to offer help, but as it is, I am working towards the mission.

Tarzan
02-19-2008, 04:30 PM
JayBee and Tarzan,

I guess I don't follow your logic in not supporting Reform2008. It is trying to achieve many of the same things you are... and that is getting real, substantive reforms enacted for the problems facing our country. You can be pro-Paul all you want (which I am), but the reality is that over 90% of voters are not behind him.

I am going to post another message soon on Reform 2008 and hopefully it will answer some more questions people have. The bottomline is that this time around... voters want things fixed instead of empty promises and rhetoric from politicians.

I don't want to be overly harsh because I salute your efforts and intentions. I also agree with some of your issues. But to me there is only one thing that truly matters... restoring the Constitution as our basis for the federal government.

The history on this is quite clear... no amount of petitions or noble intentions will affect any real change. The only way to make a change is to change our representatives. The only way we can do this is district by district until we have the entire congress and executive filled with officers who will carry out there duty and oaths.

A general petition on any of the issues will not work... just as it has not worked in the past. We need to elect representatives that are committed to following the Constitution... the other issues will correct themselves once the Constitution is restored. To do so we need to educate voters on the needs and benefits for returning to the Constitution... then focus on locating candidates that will follow the Constitution... choose areas in which we have a genuine chance to achieve victory and spend our efforts and resources to get them in office.

We cannot follow the failed practice of sending petitions... marching on Washington... or the Libertarian party practice of running a full slate of candidates... we need an educated public (which will require some time, money and effort)... we need focused, achievable goals... we need to REPLACE government with our own representatives. To me, the only real litmus test of any candidate should be their support of the Constitution... though we still need to vet them.

So... the biggest reason I cannot support Reform2008.com is I do not see any possibility of success. I believe our efforts need to be in a different form and with a single minded focus on things that have been proven to work.

You mention that a "major" election cycle occurs every eight years... I would suggest that for our purposes it is every two years... every two years we have the ability to replace the entire house and one third of the senate. If we did so we could have our government back in a few short years... THIS is where I believe we should focus of efforts.

Again... I commend you on your efforts... but history demonstrates we need an alternative plan of action to achieve the goal of restoring the Constitution.

cbc58
02-19-2008, 06:24 PM
You must not have read the pages on my site because replacing candidates is exactly the intent of reform2008.com. That is the only way to achieve real changes and the purpose of the petition is to unite voters rather then split them apart.

My goal is to make sure that no matter who gets elected this election cycle, that some real reforms are made. The problem (as I see it) is that there is no central point connecting voters who want real reforms.... it's either you have to vote and support a candidate or forget it. That's not the way it should be........ we should be able to elevate ourselves above party politics and get things done.

You don't have to agree that it will work... but I beleive that if enough people sign it... it will make our elected officials stand up and take notice and be more open to fixing the system. It also acts as a launching point for uniting voters to address issues down the road.

Tarzan
02-19-2008, 11:43 PM
You must not have read the pages on my site because replacing candidates is exactly the intent of reform2008.com. That is the only way to achieve real changes and the purpose of the petition is to unite voters rather then split them apart.

My goal is to make sure that no matter who gets elected this election cycle, that some real reforms are made. The problem (as I see it) is that there is no central point connecting voters who want real reforms.... it's either you have to vote and support a candidate or forget it. That's not the way it should be........ we should be able to elevate ourselves above party politics and get things done.

You don't have to agree that it will work... but I beleive that if enough people sign it... it will make our elected officials stand up and take notice and be more open to fixing the system. It also acts as a launching point for uniting voters to address issues down the road.

Thanks for the clarification... I was concerned that the effort was just to sign petitions. I look forward to your future development with plans and targets for districts we can win. :)

Jay Bee
02-20-2008, 12:04 AM
cbc58,

This will be accomplished by supporting candidates that pledge to make real reforms.. This is what through me off. People should NOT listen to pledge, they should research the history of the candidates. You Should offer information which compares the backgrounds of the candidates.

I have taken a closer look and so far it looks like you are doing what “We The People Foundation” have done although from reading your post it sounds like you are talking about a political forum as well, which wouldn’t support any particular group but rather the voters who have questions. So,..

Here is the link to We the People Foundation, look through this site to see if you are trying to petition anything that they haven’t. These people are lawyers and you may want to link to them and or look at what they have done and get some direction. Once you have established some useful content then ask them if they would like to link to you but have your site finished first.
http://www.wethepeoplefoundation.org/default.htm

To help people get involved you need to start gathering information which shows them how. You will need lots of useful content presented in an organized way. The links below were posted in a thread here so I thought they would be good to show how ordinary citizens make a difference in their area. People might want to know how to become aware of Bills that are open for votes. Think content because that is what people will be looking for, quality organized content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZOQN3HwRC8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzcAdxLYBmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAdM91lH8PM

http://www.webproworld.com This site has a very large membership of web designers and developers who offer assistance, free. It would be a good place to get help designing as well as promoting your site.

Good luck!

cbc58
02-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the reply.

While I agree that every voter should do their own research on candidates, the reality is that most voters are lazy and apathetic. Sad but true.

I'll try those sites. Tks.