PDA

View Full Version : Chris Peden on RP (Housotn Chronicle)

txporchpisser
02-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Why Chris Peden is the best candidate for the Republican nomination from TX-14

Firstly, I share and can more effectively represent the conservative values
in this district.

I'm a husband, father, Sunday school teacher, and a small business owner. I've
been married to my college sweetheart for nineteen years and we have four
wonderful children. I'm a Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Christian conservative who
believes in smaller government, the free market, and personal
responsibility.

Being your next congressman is my first and only goal, not my fallback
position if I don't get elected President.

Secondly, I have a history of proven conservative accomplishment in this
district.

I'm a certified public accountant by profession and I am currently the Mayor
Pro Tem in the city of Friendswood.

I led the fight for Friendswood's first ever municipal tax refund; returning
over $1 million dollars of their hard-earned money back to the taxpayers.

In a victory for personal property rights, I voted to limit the city's power
of eminent domain to traditional uses and not for purely economic
development reasons.

And I fought to make English the official language in Friendswood because I
believe that English unites us as a people more than it divides us.

Thirdly, the incumbent is not an effective congressman; in ten years he has
sponsored 350 bills and none of them have been enacted into law. The
incumbent does not share our traditional values or our priorities; he does
not support our President, and he posses a profoundly, and consistently, and
dangerously na´ve view of the world we live in and America's role in it.

We can't have an incumbent who does not support NASA when the Johnson Space Center is two miles from our district and thousands of NASA employees,
astronauts, and contractors call CD 14 home.

We can't have an incumbent who won't vote to supply body armor for our
troops because he doesn't support the President or the Global War on Terror.

The incumbent says he's the taxpayer's best friend. As a CPA who has fought
and beaten the IRS, I can tell you that the taxpayers in this district don't
need a best friend; they need a fighter.

It is clear that there are distinct and compelling differences between
myself and the incumbent, but more importantly, we need a Republican of
conviction representing CD 14. The incumbent is a self-described
Libertarian, a Republican only of convenience; frankly, he's a luxury the
district can no longer afford.

Shellshock1918
02-11-2008, 04:03 PM
douchebag

NeoRayden
02-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Being your next congressman is my first and only goal, not my fallback
position if I don't get elected President.

I am currently the Mayor Pro Tem in the city of Friendswood.

"My fall back position is Mayor Pro-Tem of Friendswood."

me3
02-11-2008, 04:06 PM
We need to market Chris Peden aggressively. Seems he's busy taking the fight to Dr. Paul, so maybe he needs something else to focus his time and money on. :)

Anyone have some background on this guy?

malkusm
02-11-2008, 04:06 PM
"My fall back position is Mayor Pro-Tem of Friendswood."

pwned

JoshLowry
02-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Hit back at Chris with your wallet.

https://donate.ronpaulforcongress.com/ :D

No1ButPaul08
02-11-2008, 04:16 PM
No way the Republican Party lets Chris Peden win. Yes you read that right. I think losing his primary would push Ron over the third party ledge. The GOP does not want that to happen, so they won't let it.

Edit: This is just my opinion and by all means do everything you can to make sure RP retains his seat.

Edu
02-11-2008, 04:54 PM
As a CPA, his fallback position, he won't support getting rid of the IRS completely.
He will ALSO not support the current president if it's a dem or maybe he just doesn't like the guy, so no diff.
Christian conservative (I hear huckabee in there somewhere)

"I voted to limit the city's power of eminent domain" As a mayor? WTF? Someone go look this up.

"English the official language in Friendswood" As a mayor? Signing statement? Proclamation?

"350 bills and none of them have been enacted into law" - At least someone is trying to restore the Republic.

jacmicwag
02-11-2008, 05:24 PM
This guy is for real and has a shot at beating Paul.

parke
02-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Heres my email I sent:

sub: How can i help?

First Id like to say Ron Paul is crazy. Ive seen him spit his insanity at every debate this year. How dare he challenge the party on Constitutional grounds!!! Doesnt he know that we are just supposed to tote the party line and agree! I mean seriously, the cause of 9/11 is because we are rich and free. Not because we have been terrorizing the mid east since WWII. Who cares that we interfere with Iraq and Iran. Just because we overthrew a democratically elected leader in Iran in 52, put Saddam in power, trained Osamma then decided to kill Saddam and a bunch of innocent civilians.. Fuck em. We deserve to be arrogant and antagonistic to people that want to be left alone.

I hope you caught my sarcasm. Good luck. Youre going to need it.

Apparently you havent read the 9/11 commission report. Listened to Wolfowitz. Micheal Schurer (head of CIA OBL unit) or maybe the asshole himself, Osama Bin Laden.

So spread your bullsh*t and lies. I have a gut feeling your mailbox is probably full of people telling you to f*ck off.

Please add me to the list.

F*CK OFF.

--
ronpaul2008.com GO RON PAUL!!!

RonPaulFanInGA
02-11-2008, 05:28 PM
The media seems to be giving this future-loser more free advertising than they do the average primary challenger.

parke
02-11-2008, 05:29 PM
No way the Republican Party lets Chris Peden win. Yes you read that right. I think losing his primary would push Ron over the third party ledge. The GOP does not want that to happen, so they won't let it.

I dont know... I imagine they would love to have a double whammy. TX is Douche .. I mean Bush country.

txporchpisser
02-11-2008, 05:37 PM

I agree. I'm hearing that he does have alot of support (i'm in Houston, just north of Lake Jackson)...Please donate

RonPaulFanInGA
02-11-2008, 05:40 PM

This guy is nothing but the 2008 version of Cynthia Sinatra (http://www.houstonpress.com/2006-03-16/news/scooby-dooby-done/).

RollOn2day
02-11-2008, 05:46 PM

Hmmmm...

yongrel
02-11-2008, 05:51 PM
I wonder how many Pedenphiles are out there.

No1ButPaul08
02-11-2008, 05:53 PM
I wonder how many Pedenphiles are out there.

haha nice.

slantedview
02-11-2008, 05:59 PM
"he doesn't support the President"

Are you kidding me? What a loser.

zakkubin
02-11-2008, 06:09 PM
"he doesn't support the President"

I bet this leads to un-intended consequences for him. People will just read this and say well he is my man! haha

thoughtbombing
02-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Heres my email I sent:

sub: How can i help?

First Id like to say Ron Paul is crazy. Ive seen him spit his insanity at every debate this year. How dare he challenge the party on Constitutional grounds!!! Doesnt he know that we are just supposed to tote the party line and agree! I mean seriously, the cause of 9/11 is because we are rich and free. Not because we have been terrorizing the mid east since WWII. Who cares that we interfere with Iraq and Iran. Just because we overthrew a democratically elected leader in Iran in 52, put Saddam in power, trained Osamma then decided to kill Saddam and a bunch of innocent civilians.. Fuck em. We deserve to be arrogant and antagonistic to people that want to be left alone.

I hope you caught my sarcasm. Good luck. Youre going to need it.

Apparently you havent read the 9/11 commission report. Listened to Wolfowitz. Micheal Schurer (head of CIA OBL unit) or maybe the asshole himself, Osama Bin Laden.

So spread your bullsh*t and lies. I have a gut feeling your mailbox is probably full of people telling you to f*ck off.

Please add me to the list.

F*CK OFF.

--
ronpaul2008.com GO RON PAUL!!!

lol.

slamhead
02-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Unleash the gates of hell on this scumbag.

Johncjackson
02-11-2008, 06:41 PM
he
incumbent does not share our traditional values or our priorities; he does
not support our President,

If the majority of the people in this district support the president, as in GWB, then they probably deserve this shitbag.

Johncjackson
02-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Also ( and this was posted here previously) the media there is lying about the amount of support and money this guy has. I saw a local story saying he had raised twice the money as RP, but literally all the money was from loans to himself and contributions from his relatives. This is like a poor Mitt Romney with all his sons maxing out but no support.

That said, I would never be too confident about victory.

truthspeaker
02-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Chris Peden was a Councilman. Where he lives is at the very edge of RP's district. He would be more suited to run in Tomas Delay's old District.

KommanderWill
04-21-2008, 09:46 PM
What was Paul's margin of victory in his home district? Something like 70/30?

This guy got pwned.

Jamsie 567
04-21-2008, 11:15 PM
The funny thing is he should of backed Ron Paul and waited his turn. There is no way he could of beat Paul but he could of gained support when the good Doc retires.

Now just a bunch of people know him as some asshole who makes up shit good going Peden.