PDA

View Full Version : Someone PLEASE Help Me to Understand...

freelance
02-11-2008, 03:55 PM
It is now Monday afternoon, 1:55 p.m. PT, and Washington only has 93.3% of the vote counted. Can someone please tell me what on earth is taking them so long? And, why have we not REVOLTED?

http://wsrp.org/News/Read.aspx?ID=7042

mdh
02-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Apparently the GOP chairman stopped vote counting and declared it in favor of McCain.

Huckabee's campaign is demanding a full count and threatening legal action. Enough votes are uncounted that Huckabee or Paul may indeed be the true winner.

freelance
02-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Apparently the GOP chairman stopped vote counting and declared it in favor of McCain.

Huckabee's campaign is demanding a full count and threatening legal action. Enough votes are uncounted that Huckabee or Paul may indeed be the true winner.

Yeah, I saw that, but what I don't understand is since when does the GOP have the right to stop a vote count? IF they do, we are in way more trouble than even I thought.

JordanQ72
02-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I saw that, but what I don't understand is since when does the GOP have the right to stop a vote count?

Because the GOP isn't the government. They can conduct their caucus process however they want