PDA

View Full Version : Bush/Cheney IMPEACHMENT hearings - Conyers

damania
02-11-2008, 03:55 PM
John Conyers will start the Bush/Cheney IMPEACHMENT hearings. Please give him your support! It took me 15 seconds to call the phone number listed in the link below and register my support with staff at his office. Please also email him. The email is also listed in the link below.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/02/11/conyers-said-hes-on-the-edge-of-starting-impeachment/

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO IT!! He's concerned about blowback from the establishment.

damania
02-11-2008, 04:18 PM
John Conyer's office:

Call 202-225-5126
Fax 202-225-0072
Email john.conyers@mail.house.gov

On Thursday, Chairman John Conyers’ House Judiciary Committee held a hearing at which Attorney General Michael Mukasey said that he would not investigate torture (video) or warrantless spying (video), he would not enforce contempt citations (video), and he would treat Justice Department opinions as providing immunity for crimes (report).

None of this was new, but perhaps it touched something in Conyers that had not been touched before. Following the hearing, he and two staffers met for an hour and 15 minutes with two members of Code Pink to discuss impeachment.

Conyers expressed fear of what might happen following an impeachment, fear of installing a Bush replacement or losing an election. The “corporate power structure”, he said, would not allow impeachment without unleashing “blowback.” Conyers told Ellen Taylor and Manijeh Saba: “You need to be more than brave and courageous. You need to be smart.”

Their response? They are asking people who care about justice to help them let Conyers know that the smart thing right now would be bravery and courage.

On Rosa Parks’ birthday last week, Leslie Angeline began a fast for impeachment. Taylor and over 20 other activists have joined the fast. Conyers has agreed to meet with Angeline to discuss impeachment on Tuesday.

The Chairman told Taylor and Saba that he is listening to several advocates for impeachment, including Liz Holtzman and this author, and asked “So how would it look if I allowed two women to push me over the edge?” Conyers leaned out of his chair for dramatic effect.

A number of organizations will be sending their members this alert Monday morning:

Let’s push Conyers over the edge by flooding his office with phone calls, faxes, and Emails on Monday and Tuesday. Let him know that only impeachment hearings

Edu
02-11-2008, 04:37 PM
We are a country of laws. If there is real evidence then they should be tried. No waiting, no playing games, no matter what effect it has on the elections, no matter if it continues past them being in office.

familydog
02-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Bush's extreme push of the Unitary Executive theory is enough for him to be impeached if you ask me. But I'm not a big fan of Conyers. He starts things and never finishes them.

NoMoreApathy
02-11-2008, 05:07 PM
How many times has there been websites claiming that conyers or pelosi's office are taking calls on the impeachment issue? This is like the 3rd or 4th time now I've seen something like this. It alwasys ended up being bullshit.

They wait until NOW to start hearings??? The only good this will do is HOPEFULLY create an issue of accountability for future administrations. There's not enough time left to actually get an impeachment and a conviction.

damania
02-11-2008, 05:13 PM
The problem is there hasn't been enough SUPPORT for impeachment. People have been too busy with American Idol and the Superbowl.

Poor Kucinich failed because he didn't get support. It's up to us to tell our Congressmen what we want and expect and hold their feet to the fire.

Let's ban together THIS time and accomplish something. Our liberty and freedoms are under THREAT. We are going the way of ROME real fast. Only YOU can stop this and we're running out of CHANCES.

The Plan
02-11-2008, 05:13 PM
I don't know why he would be worried about blowback. he will get elected for sure again in his district if he pushes forward. People out here don't like Bush.

freelance
02-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Please change the title! I went hoarse screaming for joy.

Mystile
02-11-2008, 05:22 PM
there's a slim chance the fux will get impeached since they've only got a year left in office, less with the trials. Still they deserve it and are definitely going to hell ;)

Ex Post Facto
02-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Dear Sir,

I rise with you to support impeachment of Bush/Cheney Administration. Our nation is in serious distress. The administration has turned it's back on the American people, discarding liberties, and trampling state rights. Lies are seen, and the media ignores basic questions the media used to ask. Somehow the bulk of citizens have become to believe that an eroding constitution is okay.

The legislative body is directly elected of the people to represent us. To date the legislature has had wool over their eyes, believing patriotically, not to question the administration, and not to go against the grain. What has made this country great is nearly gone under this administration. The executive powers need to be scaled back, and liberties restored to the American people. Legislatures have the greatest task in our history ahead of them. We The People need you to stand strong and oppose this administrations actions against our liberties and against the world, before that burden is thrusted upon the people. Please act immediately.

I wrote him. I hope enough of us have done the same.

Ex Post Facto
02-11-2008, 07:00 PM
How many times has there been websites claiming that conyers or pelosi's office are taking calls on the impeachment issue? This is like the 3rd or 4th time now I've seen something like this. It alwasys ended up being bullshit.

They wait until NOW to start hearings??? The only good this will do is HOPEFULLY create an issue of accountability for future administrations. There's not enough time left to actually get an impeachment and a conviction.

There is enough time. From what I understand, Nixon hearings started in February and were over in 5 months.

sb10
02-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Conyers has been talking about doing this since the 2004 elections. It is now 2008. When will he ACT?

damania
02-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Conyers will act when you act.

american.swan
02-11-2008, 09:07 PM
John Conyers will start the Bush/Cheney IMPEACHMENT hearings. Please give him your support! It took me 15 seconds to call the phone number listed in the link below and register my support with staff at his office. Please also email him. The email is also listed in the link below.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/02/11/conyers-said-hes-on-the-edge-of-starting-impeachment/

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO IT!! He's concerned about blowback from the establishment.

Conyers I believe is the congressman who I saw talking to Greg Palast about those companies buying national debt and screwing them over...If Conyers knows Greg Palast...Conyers has probably enough evidence RIGHT THERE to get the ball rolling.

Malakai0
02-11-2008, 09:48 PM

I happen to think this is still very important. It would be nice if future administrations knew if they violate the law and the constitution, they won't just get a free ride.

Don't be afraid to send an email with your name on it. Show some support for someone trying to do something righteous!

damania
02-11-2008, 09:50 PM
http://www.democrats.com/please-john-conyers click on the right side to sign the Impeachement & Iraq Petitions