PDA

View Full Version : "Ron Paul is the last man standing on our "No Amnesty" list" - ALIPAC

NeoRayden
02-11-2008, 03:19 PM
"Ron Paul is the last man standing on our "No Amnesty" list" - ALIPAC

Friends of ALIPAC,

As we move to redirect our organization's focus to the Congressional campaigns and state laws, I do want to take a moment to address our ALIPAC supporters that have been working to support Ron Paul.

We have done our best to help Dr. Paul and he has remained on our "No Amnesty" list, along with Mitt Romney, while we have done our best to warn voters about the pro-amnesty candidates.

I actually received several e-mails from people, asking if I was aware that Ron Paul had signed the NumbersUSA pledge. Yes, we know about that because ALIPAC activists helped make that happen through calls and e-mails. We have found that some people read our e-mails in detail, while others read the information we send more sporadically.

Also, Ron Paul's campaign has been easy to reach and his campaign staff has been great to work with.

He has taken a tough stance on immigration enforcement, and against Amnesty and birthright citizenship.

We worked very late in Iowa to interview Dr. Paul and to share the interview with over 6,000 viewers on our YouTube account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PQdDjvDsVM

Another strong point about Ron Paul and his supporters is that they have worked hard to reach out to our movement and to work with activists and groups that have dedicated themselves to the cause of immigration enforcement. Ron Paul has done this more than any other candidate running.

Of course, we have supporters that would have preferred that ALIPAC endorse Ron Paul or Mitt Romney earlier on in the race.

While ALIPAC is a 527 corporation Political Action Committee that is designed to endorse candidates, and every penny we have ever spent is a matter of public record with the FEC, we decided not to endorse on the Presidential level for good reasons.

It makes sense for us to endorse Congressional campaigns because ALIPAC supporters are some of the most well-informed and cautious voters in America, ALIPACers are perfectly able to make wise decisions on their own in the Presidential races.

It speaks very well of the Ron Paul campaign that so many people in our ranks support him. He has boldly taken on topics that other campaigns will not address. For example, Ron Paul has bravely addressed the cutting edge issues of our imploding fiscal situation and topics such as the North American Union.

I would also like to note that Ron Paul has faced a lot of the censorship and political dirty tricks that we have faced on immigration issues. His supporters have every reason to be wary of what is happening.

I personally believe that one of Ron Paul's greatest appeals is that most people believe he is speaking from his heart and is a very honest man. That is a very refreshing quality to see involved in politics, compared to the lies and flip-flops coming from many other candidates.

I have remained neutral in the races between the candidates on ALIPAC's "No Amnesty" list. I have even refused to answer any questions in private about which candidate I personally prefer. Our moderators at ALIPAC have done the same and while one of our Executive Officers has been open about his support of Ron Paul, he has graciously removed himself of making any decisions involving the Presidential races.

We have chosen this path to treat everyone with as much fairness as possible and to keep our organization together for the post primary scenarios.

Despite the different candidate choices of our supporters, we are all on the same side of this cause. Considering the deep financial resources of our opposition, we all must do our part to stick together in the face of superior forces, as we fight to represent the true American majority on immigration issues.

Additionally, we have faced criticisms from different campaign supporters along the way. Ron Paul supporters have not liked it, when we put out information about Romney. Romney supporters felt the same, when we put out information about Ron Paul. We even had to ban about 10 people from our Discussion Groups at ALIPAC.us for breaking the website rules, launching some personal attacks on other campaign supporters, and low blows.

We have done our best to elevate the debate and to get passionate fighters to keep their gloves on when dealing with fellow patriots in this cause.

After all, ALIPAC is a grand experiment. Most Political Action Committees do not have open source Discussion Boards, where anyone can log on and say about anything they want. We have turned this component of our operations into a powerful activist tool, but we still face challenges as we explore the cutting edge of political use of the Internet.

Some Ron Paul supporters were offended that I did not mention Ron Paul or advocate that we endorse Ron Paul in my post Super Tuesday piece titled

"Fighting Back Against the American Nightmare!"
http://www.alipac.us/article-2935-thread-1-0.html

I apologize for this because I should have included a strong plug for Ron Paul, considering how many of you wrote about him in the over 3,000 e-mail responses we received to our request for feedback from you.

ALIPAC supporters range from die hard Ron Paul supporters, to people that really like Ron Paul but voted for Mitt Romney to try and stop McCain, to people that are not supportive of his campaign.

We are not endorsing Ron Paul in order to remain true to our non-endorsement pledge. We are also working to move away from the Presidential campaigns and refocus on state legislation and congressional campaigns.

Let me state, for the fifth time, that our Lou Dobbs support site at www.LouDobbsforPresident.org is no threat to the Ron Paul campaign and does not detract from Ron Paul's efforts at all. Ron Paul has clearly stated he will not run as an independent, therefore even if Dobbs decided to enter the race, he would not detract from Paul inside the GOP primary. No money is being collected on the Dobbs site and so no resources are being lost. The amount of time and money ALIPAC has put into launching the Dobbs site has been minuscule and the decision to do the site was made after polling all of you. Seventy four percent of you responded favorable to a Dobbs run.

So for the small group of you that send us e-mails complaining that we are somehow betraying Ron Paul by having the Lou Dobbs support site, we ask with maximum sensitivity to your concerns that you please "Put a biscuit in your pie hole."

I would also like to say, if I were voting in a Primary tomorrow, I would personally vote for Ron Paul. I like the man and appreciate his honesty. I appreciate his attention and strong stances on our issue.

Ron Paul is the last man standing on our "No Amnesty" list and he is a candidate I could push a button for, without feeling ashamed at all.

We have been in contact with the campaign and Ron Paul plans to remain in the race, with a strategy that involves a brokered convention, if one occurs in September.

Ron Paul's vote percentages are climbing, now that he and the Huckster are the only two choices left, besides McAmnesty McCain.

Ron Paul is in good position for McCain protest votes too!

The primaries this past Saturday were very interesting. Huckabee is winning now that the candidate field is clearing.

Keep in mind, while we know that Huckabee has a secret Amnesty agenda, most of the nation believes he is tough on immigration issues. In Kansas, Huckabee received 61% and Ron Paul gathered 11% to McCain's 24%!

That is 72% AGAINST MCCAIN!

We encourage all ALIPACers to make sure that you vote in the remaining primaries. Vote against McCain and then write letters to the editor and call in on talk radio shows, to point out the McCain losses.

Our message now is "Look! 72% of Republicans opposed McCain because he is pro-amnesty!"

If we get this message out well, the remaining primaries will be very painful for McCain and this message could put a stop to some of the gloating, which the Open Borders lobbyist are doing with their proclamations that McCain's wins show support for his amnesty legislation.

Regardless of your candidate choices, ALIPAC activists are some of the best people in this country!

Our ranks continue to grow and I hope that each of you will help us to stand united and as a team fighting for the same things.

We may not always agree on candidates or strategies, but we all agree that our borders must be secured, our existing immigration laws must be enforced, Amnesty must be stopped, illegal immigration must be reversed and ....

ILLEGALS GO HOME!

Yours in the cause,

William Gheen
Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
www.alipac.us

Lord Xar
02-11-2008, 03:20 PM
good letter.

slantedview
02-11-2008, 03:22 PM
long :) but pretty good

liberteebell
02-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Excellent! This should be spread far and wide!

freelance
02-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Looks like "last man standing" just might hit home elsewhere, as well.

ultimaonliner
02-11-2008, 08:00 PM
** robot dance **

wgadget
02-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Yeah, but...Huckabee's WEBSITE says he's against illegal immigration, too....

LOL.