PDA

View Full Version : Hotline poll

Bradley in DC
05-24-2007, 02:58 PM
We have work to do with one percent support and seven percent will never support him.

REPUBLICAN
CANDIDATES VOTE
Giuliani 26%
McCain 17%
Gingrich 10%
F. Thompson 9%
Romney 8%
Huckabee 2%
Brownback 2%
Tancredo 2%
Gilmore 1%
Hunter 1%
Paul 1%
T. Thompson 1%

REPUBLICAN CANDIDATES NEVER VOTE
Gingrich 14%
Giuliani 13%
McCain 12%
Romney 12%
Paul 7%
Hunter 4%
T. Thompson 4%
Huckabee 3%
Tancredo 3%
Gilmore 2%
F. Thompson 2%
Brownback 1%

(In the spirit of full disclosure, I used to work at a Republican polling company, the Tarrance Group.)

http://www.diageohotlinepoll.com/07_May_Pressrelease.pdf

Table 2: 2008 Primary Vote – Republican Party
(% Among Self-Identified Republicans who
Vote in Primary Elections “Always/Nearly always/Part of the time”; N=196)

burnice
05-24-2007, 03:08 PM
These polls are disheartening. I really hope we can turn it around, but I honestly wonder if people are just too battered and brainwashed.

NewEnd
05-24-2007, 03:13 PM
800 person telephone poll.
ie crap.

CurtisLow
05-24-2007, 03:16 PM
those polls are all bias . Right wing crap....

wwycher
05-24-2007, 03:18 PM
We need to keep telling people about RP's message. These poll numbers are rigged. Some say he has 0%. I know with the state polls he has only been allowed as a choice in 5 out of 32 polls. He is'nt even a choice in Texas. Tell everyone about his message. I know it is uncofortable, but we may not have another chance like this. America is numb, just keep saying Ron Paul over and over again. It works for Faux news and Lord Bush. Also talk to any Christian friends about him and his message. Keep your chin up.

slantedview
05-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Agreed, these polls are crap. In a fair and balanced poll (is there really one?) I would venture a guess that Ron Paul, today, would come ahead of the other 2nd tier candidates. He's picked up a slew of support in the last few days and weeks while the other candidates appear to be treading water.

burnice
05-24-2007, 03:23 PM
The polls may very well be "crap" and "rigged," but unfortunately they are scientific and are what the media will report about.

wwycher
05-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Hell yeah we need a paper receipt for our voting system. I mean I will buy printers for them if they can't afford it. This is is another thing we need to be yelling about. When we set up elections in 3rd world nations, we always demand paper ballots. I guess they want us to just trust them.

Original_Intent
05-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Trying to dishearten us is exactly why these polls are done.

Do no lose heart and keep up the effort and your spirits. The only poll that counts is when ballots are cast.

I expect that if we "keep the faith" the pollsters will have some 'splainin' to do.

wwycher
05-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Right on.

Therion
05-24-2007, 03:28 PM
That's not good- 8% know of him, and only 1% support him.

peruvianRP
05-24-2007, 03:39 PM
What Scientific poll means? I mean scientist calles a person and uses Sciences to determine what the universal possibilties and his brain cells may together with atoms from the current heat temperature of the body and latitudes of the earth and the temperature of the outside feels and they he says...ahh ha this gringo votes for xxx.

NewEnd
05-24-2007, 03:49 PM
it's not scientific anymore. Technology and the world is rapidly changing. Most people I know don't have land lines anymore, but are still informed about politics.

In fact, out of ALL my friends, I am the only one I know of that still has a land line!

Bradley in DC
05-24-2007, 04:02 PM
I didn't mean to be disspiriting--quite the contrary. As the rest of the report and others show is that most of the "success" at this point in the game is name recognition. That's where we come in! We have time! We're having success getting his name out! We will win!!!

legion
05-24-2007, 04:27 PM
their method of determining likely republican primary voters is to ask them if they voted for bush in 04 :D