PDA

View Full Version : This Is Big, Really .... Really Big.

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Ok friends and freedom fanatics, there just may be ONE MORE REALLY BIG CHANCE to stomp the neocons into the ground and soon. Some have heard about the RonPaulRacing.com site that had attempted to get the message out to the over 75 MILLION Nascar fans about what is going on in this country.

Let me say one thing again, 75 MILLION ppl are nascar fans ... 75 million. And, the biggest race of the year is the first race of the season in Daytona Beach. This is happening THIS COMING WEEKEND.

At first, the ppl who started the ronpaulracing site were not informed about the laws that could restrict them from gathering the financial support to get Ron Paul's name, website and IMPORTANT MESSAGES out to the public.

The Blimp was an awesome idea but the news medias were able to basically ignore it.

The deal is NOW SET UP, completely legal and CONFIRMED to get the message out on TWO race cars for the ENTIRE season. 35 races in total would run these two Ron Paul cars and would be broadcast on ABC and ESPN2 for the entire year.

A three time Most Popular Driver who also is part of two weekly TV shows would be the driver for one of the cars. I have done the research and found out who this driver is. I can tell you that he is the most liked person in Nascar racing. He is the most outgoing and friendly person in racing. Here is a hint(his name is Kenny Wallace, also known as Herman).

I understand many people are discouraged and confused about how things are going or what the future holds, but let me tell you this .......

75 MILLION PEOPLE is 1/4 of the US population. The December 16 money bomb only consisted of around 58k donations. When we all know that it was the lack of media coverage that cause Ron Paul Not to be winning by a landslide right now(along with other factors like shady election processes, etc), this would get the word out to a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE number of people and by this coming weekend at Daytona.

We know that most people in the US and world are against the illegal invasion of Iraq and this phoney war or "terror". If they only knew that Ron Paul existed and what his stances are, they would be flocking like horseflies on an elephant turd.

No matter what you're feeling, or what ppl have told you, THIS IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING OVER. Ron has not given up, he is looking at reality of the current circumstances. It is NOT IMPOSSIBLE for him to win, although things look much tougher now. What is our freedom worth???

The RonPaulRacing.com site only needs around $80k by Wednsday evening to secure this season long deal(to have our message and our chosen leader of freedom) on two cars.

Our money bombs were bringing this much in in less than 20 minutes .... we have two days left(until Wednsday the 13 of Febuary, 2008) to Get er Done!!

Up for one more shot at freedom??? I am.

I have donated 7 different times to Ron Paul's website, even when I couldn't afford it. If only 4k ppl donate $20 by Wednsday, we will have the message being broadcast ALL YEAR LONG ON NATIONAL TV.

Even if he doesn't win(which God, I hope something happens that will allow it) it would wake Millions and millions more people up this year.

I can barely afford to eat right now(in the middle of selling the house right now) but I promise to donate atleast $20 for the chance. I will go sell some stuff at the pawn shop right now, but please consider how BIG THIS WILL BE.

http://www.ronpaulracing.com

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 02:41 PM
By the way, I am in no way connected to this site or the official Ron Paul site. I'm just a lover of freedom fighting for my last breath.

randolphus maximus
02-11-2008, 02:44 PM
bump

Logistics
02-11-2008, 02:47 PM
With all the money the campaign has; why dont they think of stuff like this? I dont get it...They should contact the campaign or something about this..

MRoCkEd
02-11-2008, 02:48 PM
not worth it

tonyr1988
02-11-2008, 02:50 PM
This is huge - even the Busch (now Nationwide) Series has tons of viewers, and the driver they are talking about is highly respected, and he also does some reporting and things on Speed network (I think).

Very very very good cause.

Mckarnin
02-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Ok friends and freedom fanatics, there just may be ONE MORE REALLY BIG CHANCE to stomp the neocons into the ground and soon. Some have heard about the RonPaulRacing.com site that had attempted to get the message out to the over 75 MILLION Nascar fans about what is going on in this country.

Let me say one thing again, 75 MILLION ppl are nascar fans ... 75 million. And, the biggest race of the year is the first race of the season in Daytona Beach. This is happening THIS COMING WEEKEND.

At first, the ppl who started the ronpaulracing site were not informed about the laws that could restrict them from gathering the financial support to get Ron Paul's name, website and IMPORTANT MESSAGES out to the public.

The Blimp was an awesome idea but the news medias were able to basically ignore it.

The deal is NOW SET UP, completely legal and CONFIRMED to get the message out on TWO race cars for the ENTIRE season. 35 races in total would run these two Ron Paul cars and would be broadcast on ABC and ESPN2 for the entire year.

A three time Most Popular Driver who also is part of two weekly TV shows would be the driver for one of the cars. I have done the research and found out who this driver is. I can tell you that he is the most liked person in Nascar racing. He is the most outgoing and friendly person in racing. Here is a hint(his name is Kenny Wallace, also known as Herman).

I understand many people are discouraged and confused about how things are going or what the future holds, but let me tell you this .......

75 MILLION PEOPLE is 1/4 of the US population. The December 16 money bomb only consisted of around 58k donations. When we all know that it was the lack of media coverage that cause Ron Paul Not to be winning by a landslide right now(along with other factors like shady election processes, etc), this would get the word out to a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE number of people and by this coming weekend at Daytona.

We know that most people in the US and world are against the illegal invasion of Iraq and this phoney war or "terror". If they only knew that Ron Paul existed and what his stances are, they would be flocking like horseflies on an elephant turd.

No matter what you're feeling, or what ppl have told you, THIS IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING OVER. Ron has not given up, he is looking at reality of the current circumstances. It is NOT IMPOSSIBLE for him to win, although things look much tougher now. What is our freedom worth???

The RonPaulRacing.com site only needs around $80k by Wednsday evening to secure this season long deal(to have our message and our chosen leader of freedom) on two cars.

Our money bombs were bringing this much in in less than 20 minutes .... we have two days left(until Wednsday the 13 of Febuary, 2008) to Get er Done!!

Up for one more shot at freedom??? I am.

I have donated 7 different times to Ron Paul's website, even when I couldn't afford it. If only 4k ppl donate $20 by Wednsday, we will have the message being broadcast ALL YEAR LONG ON NATIONAL TV.

Even if he doesn't win(which God, I hope something happens that will allow it) it would wake Millions and millions more people up this year.

I can barely afford to eat right now(in the middle of selling the house right now) but I promise to donate atleast $20 for the chance. I will go sell some stuff at the pawn shop right now, but please consider how BIG THIS WILL BE.

I do have a vested interest because I was the project manager of the blimp BUT here are some samples of the media coverage...

A thread with multiple links:http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=94039

More links to news coverage:
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/blog/archives/category/in-the-news

If all is now well legally with Ron Paul Racing it looks like a neat idea!

MRoCkEd
02-11-2008, 02:55 PM
money not well spent

AJ Antimony
02-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Bump!

mikeycapz
02-11-2008, 02:57 PM
I hope we could get this done

fabijo
02-11-2008, 02:57 PM
I just sent them $50. This is much bigger than the blimp.

LEK
02-11-2008, 02:58 PM

What an inspiartional statement!!!

Mark
02-11-2008, 02:59 PM
How will that actually gain votes for Ron?

Or is it just another waste of hundreds of thousands of dollars that could be used to canvass with and run ads
that actually convince people to vote for Ron.

There are only so many states that will vote from here on out. We DO NOT NEED such a national "who is Ron Paul" effort.

We NEED to TARGET states and VOTERS that can STILL vote for Ron. We DON'T NEED another "gimmick" that wastes hundreds of thousands of dollars.

fabijo
02-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Aren't many Americans swayed by gimmicks?

ForLibertyFight
02-11-2008, 03:01 PM
bump

ToryNotion
02-11-2008, 03:06 PM
This is huge - even the Busch (now Nationwide) Series has tons of viewers, and the driver they are talking about is highly respected, and he also does some reporting and things on Speed network (I think).

Very very very good cause.
Kenny Wallace is highly respected among fans and his peers and if this deal did get done he would be required to do some appearances to support the sponsor. There would also be media coverage on ESPN and SpeedTV (owned by Fox) and possibly print media beyond the NASCAR world (Sports Illustrated?). I doubt he could keep his SpeedTV job long if he advocated for Dr Paul while working for Speed on the telecast leading up to the races. As others have said we could have Dr Paul supporters at the tracks passing out literature but i'd do some serious thinking about return on investment here.

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 03:08 PM

Or is it just another waste of hundreds of thousands of dollars that could be used to canvass with and run ads

There are only so many states that will vote from here on out. We DO NOT NEED such a national "who is Ron Paul" effort.

We NEED to TARGET states and VOTERS that can STILL vote for Ron. We DON'T NEED another "gimmick" that wastes hundreds of thousands of dollars.

"Waste of hundreds of thousands of dollars" - $80k is roughly what is needed

"convince people to vote for Ron" - The message convinced me and Kenny convinces everyone.

""who is Ron Paul"" - The message would be more like SMALL GOVERNMENT, END WAR, SUPPORT TROOPS, etc.

"gimmick" - Like I said, if the movement is big enough, the election is meaningless

This is about WAKING UP THE PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL SLEEPWALKING

AFM
02-11-2008, 03:10 PM
80k is cheap for 75 million people
and it is NOTHING for LIBERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark
02-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Aren't many Americans swayed by gimmicks?

No, as proved by the blimp in South Carolina and Florida.

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Ok, i'm logging out, scanning my computer, and going to donate money right now.
I will pawn some stuff later, and i'm not kidding. Watch the donation counter go up by $20 in the next 10 mins.

I will be back on here and post any response from donating.

Reaching 75 million a gimmick??? I don't believe that. This would be bigger than all money bombs, and your so called "gimmicks" combined.

75 MILLION ....... NATIONAL TV .... Every week starting this weekend at Daytona..

brb

Mark
02-11-2008, 03:19 PM
"Waste of hundreds of thousands of dollars" - $80k is roughly what is needed

"convince people to vote for Ron" - The message convinced me and Kenny convinces everyone.

""who is Ron Paul"" - The message would be more like SMALL GOVERNMENT, END WAR, SUPPORT TROOPS, etc.

"gimmick" - Like I said, if the movement is big enough, the election is meaningless

This is about WAKING UP THE PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL SLEEPWALKING

The website says that $100,000 is the FIRST goal. $300,000 seems to be the first total needed. That's "hundreds of thousands".

And 'the message" will NOT be on the car.

"The message" is BEST made known to people with ADS that TARGET the people who WILL VOTE from here on out.

NASCAR people ALREADY KNOW who Ron is. There were banners flown and RP people at NASCAR events LAST YEAR.

WE DO NOT NEED A CAR WITH RON PAUL'S NAME ON IT. Period.

WE NEED TARGETED ADS THAT REACH THE PEOPLE WHO WILL VOTE FROM THIS POINT ON.

NOT everyone in NASCAR Country - People who can STILL VOTE in the Primary.

spudea
02-11-2008, 03:22 PM

The blimp recieved a tiny fraction of what this project will do! This idea is really incredible! We need some people to get behind this that know how to get things done!

JulioForPaul
02-11-2008, 03:26 PM
That racing site is very misleading, almost criminal. It shows a picture of a car covered with Ron Paul graphics from bumper to bumper, but in reality all the $300,000.00 buys is a 12 inch by 18 inch sign on the side of the car!

Spread your hands 1 foot apart and ask if that is worth $300,000.00!

Mark
02-11-2008, 03:28 PM
The blimp recieved a tiny fraction of what this project will do! This idea is really incredible! We need some people to get behind this that know how to get things done!

I could take that same $300,000 and reach MILLIONS of people that can STILL VOTE FOR RON.

And people can actually DEDUCT that $300,000 from their taxes through what I can do.

Non U.S. Citizens - Maxed Out Donors - U.S. Tax Deductible Donation Idea for Ads

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1243397

How about people getting behind something that CAN do some REAL good for the movement.

We could print flyers and place ads in NASCAR race day printed programs that people actually read AFTER the race.

There are a TON of ways to spend $300,000 BETTER than having Ron's name on a car.

Shink
02-11-2008, 03:30 PM
I hate nascar, but 75 million whispers a soft, beautiful song in my ear. This is not something to ignore.

Mark
02-11-2008, 03:33 PM
That racing site is very misleading, almost criminal. It shows a picture of a car covered with Ron Paul graphics from bumper to bumper, but in reality all the $300,000.00 buys is a 12 inch by 18 inch sign on the side of the car!

Spread your hands 1 foot apart and ask if that is worth $300,000.00!

YES it's criminal, and how much do you want to bet that the "New Organization: Liberty Racing Political Action Committee.. a new non-profit organization"

has a staff that wants to get PAID for their work out of the donations.

And get their "expenses " paid, and has "volunteers" that in actuallity would get paid when the truth is known.

How many of those involved want people to give them $300,000 to start their own business that they would make a living off of?

AFM
02-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Woah woah woah
is it really just a 12" sign?
Thats bull shit

kathy88
02-11-2008, 03:37 PM
I will donate and send to my RP supporter friends. I can't afford too much before Wednesday, but can give more next round.

Mark
02-11-2008, 03:37 PM
I hate nascar, but 75 million whispers a soft, beautiful song in my ear. This is not something to ignore.

It's been done before already. Banners were flown all day at NASCAR events last year.

Those 75 million people ALREADY KNOW ABOUT RON.

And what percentage of those 75 million can still vote for Ron this year?

How about using $300,000 to target 75 million people who can still VOTE for Ron in the primaries?

Any sweet music playing in your ear for 75 million people being targeted with ads that will cause them to actually VOTE for Ron?

Paul Revered
02-11-2008, 03:40 PM
I posted the OP on MySpace.

kathy88
Can you please confirm how large the ad will be? If previous poster is correct.... I would be uninclined to contribute, but if the pics on your site are indeed what the 300K will do, then I'm in. Sorry for the wishy-washiness, but I have limited funds and want them to go where I feel they will do the most good.

Mark
Woah woah woah
is it really just a 12" sign?
Thats bull shit

YES, it a TINY little sign that NO ONE will see because the cars drive by at 200 mph.

Every once in a while, there might be a glimpse of it somehow, but it is INEFFECTIVE in gaining REAL VOTES for Ron.

TARGETED ADS ARE EFFECTIVE. Not a little 12 inch decal.

MRoCkEd
02-11-2008, 03:43 PM
sorry i've changed my position
you're right mark

Paulitical Correctness
02-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Why are we still trying to win this thing with expensive publicity stunts?

Dr. Paul is old school, and old school is how this thing can be won.

Go tell people, face to face.

I think you're giving the American people way too much credit. What makes you think they'll take time to get off their lazy asses to actually research? The small fraction of viewers that actually pay attention to this ridiculous sign will probably just mumble "That damn Ron Paul again" and keep watching their race.

:mad:

Mark
02-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Can you please confirm how large the ad will be? If previous poster is correct.... I would be uninclined to contribute, but if the pics on your site are indeed what the 300K will do, then I'm in. Sorry for the wishy-washiness, but I have limited funds and want them to go where I feel they will do the most good.

These are the potential uses of $300,000 - and remember there are TONS of ads on cars and uniforms ect.

The decal would not be standing out among all of the other decals, it would just be one of many.

And again. NASCAR PEOPLE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT RON.

We DON'T NEED to spend $300,000 to tell people he exists.

WE NEED to spend $300,000 to send SPECIFIC DETAILS to people about Ron.

People who CAN STILL VOTE FOR HIM in the few states that are left.

--------------------------------

Major Associate Sponsorship includes:
Personal appearances by the team’s “Show Car” at special events
(in fact, the Show Car will be traveling through Texas on March 4th, the date of the Texas Primary!)Well, ISN'T THE DATE OF THE PRIMARY TOO LATE TO EDUCATE PEOPLE ABOUT RON?

Why don't we use $300,000 to send INFORMATION about Ron BEFORE the primary
so they can decide to VOTE FOR RON while there's STILL TIME TO MAKE THE DECISION?

The possibility of a personal appearance by one of the team’s drivers (this is very tentative and depends on his schedule)
Signage on the team’s Transport Vehicle (the 18-wheeler that transports the cars from race to race–it’s a moving billboard that travels over 100,000 miles of freeways per year)
An 18″ x 12″ decal on both sides of the car
Signage on the Pit Equipment
Permission to include a Decal/Button on the Race Team’s uniform

TruthAtLast
02-11-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm not a NASCAR fan but there is one thing I do know about NASCAR fans. They are fanatic. I'm not joking. They will know every sponsor on their favorite team and support them.

My old company sponsored a NASCAR Busch series car for a single season. We were a small company but our owner knew one of the team managers so we decided to risk it. We had the back deck lid, the back quarter panel, the rear bumper, the doors, and the hood. But we weren't a very good team and didn't qualify in several of the races, so we never got the exposure we could have.

Yet STILL, the response was CRAZY. This is NO JOKE.

The transporter that carries the cars and the equipment ALONE is seen by everyone at the race and it is an 18-wheeler that serves as a giant billboard as it travels from race to race. Over 100,000 miles this thing will travel with the message on the side of it. Every city it stopped at, we saw traffic hit the site. Even when there wasn't a race and the team was just traveling through.

I'm telling you, this shit works. I know it doesn't make sense and to be honest I don't even get why people like watching cars driving in a circle. But I saw the results as I was managing our website.

It was friggin crazy. On the races we didn't qualify for we saw tens of thousands of hits just from people who saw the race in qualifying rounds on TV.

On the races we DID qualify for, we would get hundreds of thousands of hits and on one race that we placed in the top 10 we had over 3 million hits on the site because the car was covered constantly and the announcers were talking about it.

It cost us about $500k for ONE car with a sorta crappy driver.

The fact that this deal was made for $300k is actually quite amazing.

But remember that this is just the beginning. More money raised means more coverage. Even our last money bomb that was only about 1 million would be more than enough to get a lot more than the back quarter panel of the car.

This is no gimmick. It works. I'm not sure why it works but it does. These fans are loyal and if their favorite driver told them to jump off a bridge they'd do it.

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Ok, i'm back. I see a few people posting over and over on here trying to discredit this. I am not suprised. This is NOT for a little itty bitty decal.... It Would be THE MAIN Associate SPONSOR OF 2 CARS. So stop spreading bs. THIS IS VERY BIG. No, 75 million fans obviously don't know about Ron yet, or this movement would be dramatically bigger.

As I promised, I have just donated. Here are the messages I received.....

Thanks XXXXX X XXXXX, you're done!
Your order has been sent to Liberty Racing PAC.

Feb 11
Order placed - Your order was placed with Liberty Racing PAC. A confirmation email was sent to you by Google.

Mark
02-11-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm not a NASCAR fan but there is one thing I do know about NASCAR fans. They are fanatic. I'm not joking. They will know every sponsor on their favorite team and support them.

My old company sponsored a NASCAR Busch series car for a single season. We were a small company but our owner knew one of the team managers so we decided to risk it. We had the back deck lid, the back quarter panel, the rear bumper, the doors, and the hood. But we weren't a very good team and didn't qualify in several of the races, so we never got the exposure we could have.

The transporter that carries the cars and the equipment ALONE is seen by everyone at the race and it is an 18-wheeler that serves as a giant billboard as it travels from race to race. Over 100,000 miles this thing will travel with the message on the side of it. Every city it stopped at, we saw traffic hit the site. Even when there wasn't a race and the team was just traveling through.

I'm telling you, this shit works. I know it doesn't make sense and to be honest I don't even get why people like watching cars driving in a circle. But I saw the results as I was managing our website.

It was friggin crazy. On the races we didn't qualify for we saw tens of thousands of hits just from people who saw the race in qualifying rounds on TV.

On the races we DID qualify for, we would get hundreds of thousands of hits and on one race that we placed in the top 10 we had over 3 million hits on the site because the car was covered constantly and the announcers were talking about it.It cost us about $500k for ONE car with a sorta crappy driver.

But remember that this is just the beginning. More money raised means more coverage. Even our last money bomb that was only about 1 million would be more than enough to get a lot more than the back quarter panel of the car.

This is no gimmick. It works. I'm not sure why it works but it does. These fans are loyal and if their favorite driver told them to jump off a bridge they'd do it.

Did you miss the part about where THIS WAS DONE LAST YEAR with banners being flown ALL DAY OVERHEAD RACES?

How many people that would see the decal CAN STILL VOTE FOR RON?

OVER half of the states HAVE ALREADY VOTED. THERE ISN'T MUCH TIME LEFT.

We NEED to TARGET SPECIFIC VOTERS that CAN STILL VOTE for Ron this year.

Mark
02-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Ok, i'm back. I see a few people posting over and over on here trying to discredit this. I am not suprised. This is NOT for a little itty bitty decal.... It Would be THE MAIN SPONSOR OF 2 CARS. So stop spreading bs. THIS IS VERY BIG. No, 75 million fans obviously don't know about Ron yet, or this movement would be dramatically bigger.

As I promised, I have just donated. Here are the messages I received.....

Thanks XXXXX X XXXXX, you're done!
Your order has been sent to Liberty Racing PAC.

Feb 11
Order placed - Your order was placed with Liberty Racing PAC. A confirmation email was sent to you by Google.

The main sponsor only gets a 18" by 12" decal on 2 sides of the car? - News to me.

What about the part where the 75 million people ALREADY HAVE SEEN banners flown over races LAST YEAR?

NASCAR fans ALREADY KNOW about Ron.

westmich4paul
02-11-2008, 04:00 PM
The website says that $100,000 is the FIRST goal. $300,000 seems to be the first total needed. That's "hundreds of thousands".

And 'the message" will NOT be on the car.

"The message" is BEST made known to people with ADS that TARGET the people who WILL VOTE from here on out.

NASCAR people ALREADY KNOW who Ron is. There were banners flown and RP people at NASCAR events LAST YEAR.

WE DO NOT NEED A CAR WITH RON PAUL'S NAME ON IT. Period.

WE NEED TARGETED ADS THAT REACH THE PEOPLE WHO WILL VOTE FROM THIS POINT ON.

NOT everyone in NASCAR Country - People who can STILL VOTE in the Primary.

I am surprised by your very vehemant reaction to this hell the campaign has spent 25 million of our cash and has done nothing this good so far so whats up with your attitude?

JulioForPaul
02-11-2008, 04:01 PM
This is NOT for a little itty bitty decal.... It Would be THE MAIN SPONSOR OF 2 CARS.

You must be a con-artist if you are willing to flat out lie like this.

YOUR SITE SAYS IT WILL BE A 12 INCH BY 18 INCH SIGN ON THE SIDE OF THE CAR!

A one foot sign is not the "main sponsor" of a NASCAR vehicle!

trapfive
02-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Most negative comments concerning this topic are being made by people who are admittedly not race fans and have no idea of the impact placing even a small ad on a car will do.

This goes beyond anything a blimp or other advertising could ever do. When you advertise on a race car you reach, even in the Nationwide series, well over 50,000 people on a race weekend. Race fans take interest in the cars on the track not some blimp flying overhead or signs posted around the track. When you advertise on a car you gain immediate credibility among the fans.

This effort should be looked at in the long term: If we go to a brokered convention Dr. Pauls message will be viewed by alot of people every weekend in cities from Loudon NH to Fontana CA!!

Some TV exposure every weekend sure, but more importantly people that go to the races, even the Sunday races (Sprint Cup) know about the particulars of the cars that run on Sat. (Nationwide). Sponsoring a car gives you the opportunity to hand out information about Dr. Pauls message and I'm telling you from experience race fans will read the information while sitting in the stands before the race. In my opinion they will like the message, as most people do once they are exposed to it.

In the end, if Dr. Paul gets to and wins a brokered convention and runs against Hill or Bama this 300K could make all the difference come November.

ToryNotion
02-11-2008, 04:06 PM

The person who posted about 'main sponsor' is not involved in the project and simply made a mistake which you are correct to point out.
The decal would actually be on both sides of 2 cars as I read the information on the site.

Mark
02-11-2008, 04:06 PM
I am surprised by your very vehemant reaction to this hell the campaign has spent 25 million of our cash and has done nothing this good so far so whats up with your attitude?

It's called having common sense on how to best spend $300,000 to GAIN VOTES for Ron.

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 04:09 PM

Like I said in the second post on the first page troll .... I am in no way connected to this or the ron paul site.

And as far as my info .... read the blog on the site .. and stop being so obvious. If you took the time to actually read what my op said, you should be able to tell that i'm a REAL supporter of Ron Paul.

See my Icon???? That is a homemade sign I made after the very first debate on May 3rd, 2007 when Ron won the post debate poll with like 80-90%. After that happened, ABC removed his name from the poll and deleted the massive amount of positive comments for him. I AM FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM and RIGHTS so don't you even accuse me of anything. GOT IT?

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Directly from the blog -> "The $300,000 Major Associate Sponsorship the group is seeking includes two cars for the entire 35-race"

Only $100k is needed to secure it and pushing $15k already donated. The donation link just became active yesterday. It was a pledge button before that.

trapfive
02-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Dr. Paul has repeatedly said this revolution is not about him.

One thing Liberty Racing has the opportunity to do, if the Congreesman doesn't get the nomination, is keep the revolution moving forward.

We talk about supporting like minded candidates in House, Senate and local campaigns. Liberty racing would be a great vehicle for getting the names of Liberty oriented candidates into the public eye.

At every race, Liberty Racing could advance the agenda of candidates at the local level.

Join The Paul Side
02-11-2008, 04:27 PM
I think Ron Paul's name on racing cars is way cool. Another cool way to advertise would through the WWE. A few of their wrestlers have publicly stated they support Ron Paul. I don't think the WWE cares two cents about the MSM either. It's another way to reach millions of Americans. Maybe the Grassroots can pick this up since it's over the official campaign's head. :cool:

Mark
02-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Most negative comments concerning this topic are being made by people who are admittedly not race fans and have no idea of the impact placing even a small ad on a car will do.

This goes beyond anything a blimp or other advertising could ever do. When you advertise on a race car you reach, even in the Nationwide series, well over 50,000 people on a race weekend. Race fans take interest in the cars on the track not some blimp flying overhead or signs posted around the track. When you advertise on a car you gain immediate credibility among the fans.

This effort should be looked at in the long term: If we go to a brokered convention Dr. Pauls message will be viewed by alot of people every weekend in cities from Loudon NH to Fontana CA!!

Some TV exposure every weekend sure, but more importantly people that go to the races, even the Sunday races (Sprint Cup) know about the particulars of the cars that run on Sat. (Nationwide). Sponsoring a car gives you the opportunity to hand out information about Dr. Pauls message and I'm telling you from experience race fans will read the information while sitting in the stands before the race. In my opinion they will like the message, as most people do once they are exposed to it.

In the end, if Dr. Paul gets to and wins a brokered convention and runs against Hill or Bama this 300K could make all the difference come November.

I'm against it and I've watched NASCAR for years.

Amazing that MOST of the supporters, just like those who attacked those asking REAL questions about the blimp,

ARE MOSTLY BRAND NEW POSTERS who have shown up just to PROMOTE a idea that would rake in hundreds of thousands of dollars for the creators.

Why was the software used for myspace messages to promote the first moneybomb professional SPAMMER software?

WHY did the people involved in the first moneybomb have PROFESSIONAL SPAMMER SOFTWARE?

Maybe because they are PROFESSIONAL SPAMMERS?

Nailhead

The racing site says its $300K...

This is NOT for a little itty bitty decal.... It Would be THE MAIN SPONSOR OF 2 CARS. So stop spreading bs. THIS IS VERY BIG.

Well thats wierd...you might want to let shark energy drink know that

http://www.sharkusa.com/sharkracing/shark_fitz.htm

HERES THE CAR

http://www.sharkusa.com/sharkracing/press_images/shark_side1.jpg

So there you go folks...IF RonPaulRacing did get the funds it would be a small decal. Not sayin thats bad, but the OP was leading people to believe differently

jake
they need to clarify that it would be a small sign on the car.

otherwise, this is a pretty neat idea. expensive, but people want to donate to exciting causes like this rather than "radio and tv ads". that's just the way it is. a lot of these donations are dollars that otherwise would not have been donated to any Ron Paul promotional effort. period.

Join The Paul Side
02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
they need to clarify that it would be a small sign on the car.

otherwise, this is a pretty neat idea. expensive, but people want to donate to exciting causes like this rather than "radio and tv ads". that's just the way it is. a lot of these donations are dollars that otherwise would not have been donated to any Ron Paul promotional effort. period.

I don't blame people for wanting to donate to things like this. It's not like the official campaign has been wooing and wowing us with TV and radio ads.

MichaelD
02-11-2008, 04:37 PM
I like the Idea, remember that one of the biggest hurdles people canvasing had to face was "he cant win" maybe something like this may help. Ron has a book coming out, we need to go back to the early states, and try to win voter support. This is a revolution.

danda
02-11-2008, 04:39 PM
To those who are saying this is a waste of money, or "could be better spent":

We only need 4k people to donate $20 each. Even if you think this is a longshot, gamble, low ROI, etc... it's only $20 out of your wallet. That's like 5 lattes at Starbucks or a few gallons of gas these days.

And it is not *wasted* because those 4k people were probably not going to be donating that money anyway. This project has a real goal, real potential, and that is why people *may* be willing to support it.

So unless you have personally started a project that you feel is "more worthy" or you are personally using that $20 to donate to another project that you feel is "more worthy", then please consider donating to this one.

And if you don't donate, then please keep your mouth shut and avoid discouraging those who DO like this idea and wish to support it. And that request/advice goes out for every other grassroots project out there as well.

Thank-you.

note: I am not affiliated with this project in any way. Just voicing my opinion, and wishing the naysayers would STFU!!

Mark
02-11-2008, 04:41 PM
The person who posted about 'main sponsor' is not involved in the project and simply made a mistake which you are correct to point out.
The decal would actually be on both sides of 2 cars as I read the information on the site.

Yep, and he's a NEW poster pushing a project that wants hundreds of thousands of dollars,
just like happened with the blimp when TONS of new posters showed up pushing an idea that wanted hundreds of thousands of dollars.

People talk about moles inside the official campaign staff.

When are people going to realize there are even MORE moles trying to derail the campaign in the grassroots.

Do we REALLY need another gimmick that will drain hundreds of thousands of dollars, and thousands of manhours discussing it,
from the limited amount of both left to win the election?

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Yes, it says $300k ... did you read the rest of my posts or the site itself or are you hand-picking info to trash this? They only need $100k by Wed to secure the deal.

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 04:47 PM

Yeah.. And the millions of blimp fans line up on sofas and in stands in their blimp tshirts and hats every Sunday watching a blimp go by. Hardly a realistic comparisom yer making. And Americans are not swayed by such gimmicks. Hence the money of all the other advertisers and sponsor is pure waste and tomfoolery.

Best
Randy

Mark
02-11-2008, 04:47 PM
note: I am not affiliated with this project in any way.

I had to lose the giant font dude.

Yes, I DO have an effective project.

It's running educational ads with donations that are even tax deductible.

Non U.S. Citizens - Maxed Out Donors - U.S. Tax Deductible Donation Idea for Ads

Get on board this idea too if you REALLY care about winning and educating people.

It would be quite effective, and tax deductible at the same time.

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Yep, and he's a NEW poster pushing a project that wants hundreds of thousands of dollars,
just like happened with the blimp when TONS of new posters showed up pushing an idea that wanted hundreds of thousands of dollars.

People talk about moles inside the official campaign staff.

When are people going to realize there are even MORE moles trying to derail the campaign in the grassroots.

Do we REALLY need another gimmick that will drain hundreds of thousands of dollars, and thousands of manhours discussing it,
from the limited amount of both left to win the election?

A new poster??? I realize it says January, but I've been here since early January. Look at the dates of my posts and what my comments say, idiot. I donated to Ron Paul in the first quarter of 2007. I was part of his first $600k. DO NOT ACCUSE ME OF ANYTHING. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY SITE...... I am a flooring installer. I have been supporting RP for over 1 year... so please kiss my ass.

I just think this would be VERY BIG therefore I posted my feelings, jerk.

..PAUL4PRES..
02-11-2008, 04:49 PM
not worth it

You are very wrong. It is well worth it.

Mark
02-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah.. And the millions of blimp fans line up on sofas and in stands in their blimp tshirts and hats every Sunday watching a blimp go by. Hardly a realistic comparisom yer making. And Americans are not swayed by such gimmicks. Hence the money of all the other advertisers and sponsor is pure waste and tomfoolery.

Best
Randy

It has been done last year with airplanes flying banners over races.

And other NASCAR sponsors actually have PRODUCTS that they sell to people YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Not an election that will BE OVER by the time the sponsorship is started.

Mark
02-11-2008, 04:53 PM
A new poster??? I realize it says January, but I've been here since early January. Look at the dates of my posts and what my comments say, idiot. I donated to Ron Paul in the first quarter of 2007. I was part of his first $600k. DO NOT ACCUSE ME OF ANYTHING. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY SITE...... I am a flooring installer. I have been supporting RP for over 1 year... so please kiss my ass.

I just think this would be VERY BIG therefore I posted my feelings, jerk.

Me thinks ye call names too much. Why so defensive? I haven't called you a name, but it's becoming a pattern with you in this thread.

kill the banks
02-11-2008, 04:54 PM
$150 k to get whole car for one race ~ daytona 500 would be more an eye opener ?

kill the banks

danda
02-11-2008, 04:55 PM
I had to lose the giant font dude.

Yes, I DO have an effective project.

It's running educational ads with donations that are even tax deductible.

Great, then promote it. All I ask is that people start bashing on everyone else's projects.

danda
02-11-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm against it and I've watched NASCAR for years. .

Fine. Then don't donate and STFU! Why do you have to post publically that you are "against it"?

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Me thinks ye call names too much. Why so defensive? I haven't called you a name, but it's becoming a pattern with you in this thread.

I'm name calling because you're accusing me of things that are not true. Good reason to be defensive? I think so.

danda
02-11-2008, 04:59 PM
It's called having common sense on how to best spend $300,000 to GAIN VOTES for Ron..

Great. If you have $300,000 then spend it however you want. If you don't then why don't you STFU about how other people want to spend their money? I'm sick of all the naysaying, that only brings negative energy..

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 04:59 PM

And you're starting to get my blood pressure up.

danda
02-11-2008, 05:00 PM
It has been done last year with airplanes flying banners over races.

And other NASCAR sponsors actually have PRODUCTS that they sell to people YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Not an election that will BE OVER by the time the sponsorship is started.

Dude, we get it. You're not going to donate to this project. Now will you please STFU?

kathy88
02-11-2008, 05:06 PM
What a melt down. I think this topic has been beaten to death. NEXT.

faraway
02-11-2008, 05:06 PM

On the races we DID qualify for, we would get hundreds of thousands of hits and on one race that we placed in the top 10 we had over 3 million hits on the site because the car was covered constantly and the announcers were talking about it.

It cost us about $500k for ONE car with a sorta crappy driver.

This post is not from a new poster like me, and he's not a nascar fan, and what he says has impressed me. If we can trust truthatlast's experience in this type of ad, this would at least get people to click on the website. I haven't seen the decal but perhaps the whole space should be dedicated to just the web link and a catch-phrase (ronpaul2008.com-the race for freedom is on)

Mark and others are trying to get others not to invest in what seems to be a gimmicky idea. They say they could spend 300k better as if they already had raised it all. That's their opinion. I say instead of dissing so vehemently the ideas of others, go make up your own plan, propose it here take and all the money you get turn it into votes, and let the rest of us make up our own minds. Buying banners at tracks is not he same as being ON the car, AND on the semi-trailer, don't keep saying it is.

Americans like cars more than blimps, and even for the many nascar folks who have heard of RP, they would be reminded that he has not dropped out. I haven't been impressed by the TV and radio ads produced either.

The fun racing atmosphere is a good place to catch potential voters with their guards down as well. I'm inclined to give it 20 bucks, and I'd like to see this thing work.

Nailhead
02-11-2008, 05:15 PM
The racing site says its $300K...

Well thats wierd...you might want to let shark energy drink know that

http://www.sharkusa.com/sharkracing/shark_fitz.htm

HERES THE CAR

http://www.sharkusa.com/sharkracing/press_images/shark_side1.jpg

So there you go folks...IF RonPaulRacing did get the funds it would be a small decal. Not sayin thats bad, but the OP was leading people to believe differently

whos supposed to be driving the other car btw?

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 05:19 PM
I have been right on the edge of being depressed lately because of how things seem to be going. The reason I wrote and posted this is because I would like to believe something good or great can still happen before its too late.

I saw this site posted somewhere and thought it would be awesome if it could happen. Maybe I'm wrong. If so, I just wasted $20 that I currently don't have to spare. I want to believe the future is a nation, and world, without tyranny. I don't know. Its easier to believe the future looks BAD.

I'm just trying to keep my head up and do the right thing. The right thing, imo, is to do everything I can to try to make a difference.

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 05:24 PM

I'm not sure who the other driver would be. The site didn't even say "Kenny Wallace" but after doing some research I found that he was the only driver who has been voted the "most popular driver" 3 times in this series.

I guess the way to find out would be to find out who the owner of the car Wallace will be driving for is, and see what other car he owns. This would lead to finding out who the other driver is.

Sorry, I would go look right now if I had the ambition but unfortunately its been beat out of me by people accusing me of CRAP.

Jejuforliberty
02-11-2008, 05:25 PM
If Ron Paul runs third party I'll support just about anything but I'll be damned if I'm going to lift a finger to support the GOP. If Ron Paul remains in the GOP at this stage he will have lost a lot of my respect. A lot of people spent a lot of money supporting a run for the presidency. I think it's complete rip off for the campaign to be using those funds for his congressional seat.

trapfive
02-11-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm against it and I've watched NASCAR for years.

Amazing that MOST of the supporters, just like those who attacked those asking REAL questions about the blimp,

ARE MOSTLY BRAND NEW POSTERS who have shown up just to PROMOTE a idea that would rake in hundreds of thousands of dollars for the creators.

Why was the software used for myspace messages to promote the first moneybomb professional SPAMMER software?

WHY did the people involved in the first moneybomb have PROFESSIONAL SPAMMER SOFTWARE?

Maybe because they are PROFESSIONAL SPAMMERS?

Actually, I went onto the web site and recognized the name Kathleen from my local meet-up group. I know she's above board and legit. She's been instrumental in designing and funding numerous billboards on I-75 in Ohio.

I'm more interested in using this as a campaign tool for long term Revolution goals and I see no reason why 1000 or so like minded people couldn't donate $300 per year to make this an ongoing effort. I will be keeping tabs on Liberty Racing.

Yes, I'm a new poster I suppose, although I've been reading this forum much longer than I've been posting to it.

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 05:31 PM
If Ron Paul runs third party I'll support just about anything but I'll be damned if I'm going to lift a finger to support the GOP. If Ron Paul remains in the GOP at this stage he will have lost a lot of my respect. A lot of people spent a lot of money supporting a run for the presidency. I think it's complete rip off for the campaign to be using those funds for his congressional seat.

Yeah, I agree he shouldn't be using the funds for his congressional seat, but I still love the man. He can use my donations for whatever. I'm just trying to remain positive and its getting tougher all the time.

I will not be a republican anymore either unless things get better in the party.

Arklatex
02-11-2008, 05:32 PM
money not well spent

I'm interested in how this money could be better spent?

I'm a skeptic, I called the blimp from the beginning not being cost effective, and this makes much more sense.

trapfive
02-11-2008, 05:32 PM

It's illegal to use presidential campaign funds for his congressional race. Of course if you knew Dr. Paul and what he stands for and really believed the truth about his integrity you wouldn't be accusing him of this

Mark
02-11-2008, 05:35 PM

Welcome to the board. You're being a bit negative over false information.

Presidential donations can not be used in the Congressional race unless Ron drops out of it, which he's not, thus the need for donations to his Congressional run.

http://www.ronpaulforcongress.com/

We need to take over the GOP while it's weak.

The GOP's platform is almost identical to Ron's, but it's been taken over by neo-cons.

We need to take it back
from the bad ideas that have overrun it and wasted positive potential.

TruthAtLast
02-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Did you miss the part about where THIS WAS DONE LAST YEAR with banners being flown ALL DAY OVERHEAD RACES?

I agree 100% about targeting specific voters and even moreso, signing up delegates but for a measly 300k, we can do both. These races will be televised across the country and in this day and age, people know people in other states as well. The publicity is also not localized. NASCAR travels all over. There are hundreds of radio stations across the U.S. that are ONLY dedicated to NASCAR including XM Radion and Serius Radio and they may mention the fact that Ron Paul is on one of the cars. Countless blogs are also dedicated to NASCAR and they may also mention it, especially if the driver promotes it (which is his job to do).

This doesn't require ANY effort. It just requires money. That's it. I've donated to everything. Billboards, Radio, Blimp, Racing, maxed out on the Presidential campaign and donated to the Congressional campaign.

It isn't the ONLY idea we have, it is just ONE idea out there and there is no reason why we would not be capable of doing more than one. We are talking pennies compared to the type of money we raise without hardly even trying.

Of course we want to target specific voters, but I don't see any other solid plans out there. The billboard already has its funded. If they want to put up 10 more billboards, I'll donate to them too.

Anyone who doesn't like the idea is welcome to come up with another one. I'm listening.

ronpaulhawaii
02-11-2008, 05:36 PM

Sorry, I would go look right now if I had the ambition but unfortunately its been beat out of me by people accusing me of CRAP.

Don't let em get to ya :) You shoulda seen the hubub during the AD and the BLIMP - LOL

m - cat herders make me laugh...

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Major Associate Sponsorship includes:

Personal appearances by the team’s “Show Car” at special events (in fact, the Show Car will be traveling through Texas on March 4th, the date of the Texas Primary!)

The possibility of a personal appearance by one of the team’s drivers (this is very tentative and depends on his schedule)

Signage on the team’s Transport Vehicle (the 18-wheeler that transports the cars from race to race–it’s a moving billboard that travels over 100,000 miles of freeways per year)

An 18″ x 12″ decal on both sides of the car

Signage on the Pit Equipment

Permission to include a Decal/Button on the Race Team’s uniform

faraway
02-11-2008, 05:37 PM
There's a huge thread over at ronpaulwarroom saying this is all a scam!! I thought it could work but now I don't know if its for real or not. . . maybe check this out b4 donating

http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/?p=4137#comment-42500.

Can anyone here confirm or deny??

:confused:

JulioForPaul
02-11-2008, 05:38 PM

The 12 inch $300,000.00 "Ron Paul Ad" would be the same size as those 15 or so ads to the right of the #36. Barely visible.

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Don't let em get to ya :) You shoulda seen the hubub during the AD and the BLIMP - LOL

m - cat herders make me laugh...

Thanks for the supportive advise. I'm trying to remain sane. :o

Mark
02-11-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm interested in how this money could be better spent?

I'm a skeptic, I called the blimp from the beginning not being cost effective, and this makes much more sense.

We could run ads targeted to people that haven't voted yet, such as in Texas, that lay out the issues and each candidate's positions on them.

Here's a website being built that has a issue comparison table like could be included in ads.

http://TheConservativeAlternative.com

With my method, the donations are even tax deductible, and foreign nationals can contribute too.

Kregener
02-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Let me guess.

You are a NASCAR fan?

I too enjoy NASCAR racing. But no car has EVER prompted me to rush out and spend a single dime on any product endorsed.

Sorry.

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 05:46 PM
I hope its real because I did post this and donated. I would feel like a real idiot and surely accused of many things if its not.

Just be aware that the warroom is not patrolled for .. trolls. I think its real. I have seen nothing that proves otherwise. Actually, the ronpaulracing site has the Federal election commision's site posted on their blog ...... this tells me its real.

Mark
02-11-2008, 05:49 PM
I agree 100% about targeting specific voters and even moreso, signing up delegates but for a measly 300k, we can do both. These races will be televised across the country and in this day and age, people know people in other states as well. The publicity is also not localized. NASCAR travels all over. There are hundreds of radio stations across the U.S. that are ONLY dedicated to NASCAR including XM Radion and Serius Radio and they may mention the fact that Ron Paul is on one of the cars. Countless blogs are also dedicated to NASCAR and they may also mention it, especially if the driver promotes it (which is his job to do).

This doesn't require ANY effort. It just requires money. That's it. I've donated to everything. Billboards, Radio, Blimp, Racing, maxed out on the Presidential campaign and donated to the Congressional campaign.

It isn't the ONLY idea we have, it is just ONE idea out there and there is no reason why we would not be capable of doing more than one. We are talking pennies compared to the type of money we raise without hardly even trying.

Of course we want to target specific voters, but I don't see any other solid plans out there. The billboard already has its funded. If they want to put up 10 more billboards, I'll donate to them too.

Anyone who doesn't like the idea is welcome to come up with another one. I'm listening.

But dude, the election WILL BE OVER before most of those races are run.

We need action NOW. They mention the car being in Texas THE DAY of the primary there. THAT'S TOO LATE.

WE NEED ads there NOW. Not a decal on a car the day of the primary.

------------------------

Here's an idea for donations that you could even DEDUCT from your taxes.

We could run ads targeted to people that haven't voted yet, such as in Texas, that lay out the issues and each candidate's positions on them.

Here's a website being built that has a issue comparison table like could be included in ads.

http://TheConservativeAlternative.com (http://theconservativealternative.com/)

With my method, the donations are even tax deductible, and foreign nationals can contribute too.

TruthAtLast
02-11-2008, 05:53 PM
There's a huge thread over at ronpaulwarroom saying this is all a scam!! I thought it could work but now I don't know if its for real or not. . . maybe check this out b4 donating

http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/?p=4137#comment-42500.

Can anyone here confirm or deny??

:confused:

it isn't a scam. I like the billboard idea better but I think this idea could work too. The organization had one person that did some crazy things when it first started. The entire management changed, they then filed to be an official Political Action Committee and have abided by all of the campaign finance laws.

Anyone who doesn't want to donate. That's cool. For those that think it might be a good idea, that's cool too. But you can't fault someone for just trying to promote the idea and spread the message.

Yes, there MIGHT be better ways to spend that money, but I don't see any of those ideas organized right now (at least not ones that I havne't already donated to). I don't see the campaign effectively spending the money they already have either. At least here I know what it is going toward.

It seems like we do money bombs more for symbolism so that the Media knows we are still here, rather thanto give HQ the funds to actually effectively promote Ron Paul. And I'm ok with that. And I'll continue to support those money bombs because symbolism IS important for the overall goal of the message.

I'd also support educational ads. It is a great idea. Show me a link and I'll donate.

This is a legit promotional opportunity and it doesn't hurt to throw $20 at it. I dropped more than that at lunch today (portabella burger) :D

TruthAtLast
02-11-2008, 05:55 PM

http://TheConservativeAlternative.com

I like this idea too. When it is ready, I'll donate to it.

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 05:56 PM
But dude, the election WILL BE OVER before most of those races are run.

We need action NOW. They mention the car being in Texas THE DAY of the primary there. THAT'S TOO LATE.

WE NEED ads there NOW. Not a decal on a car the day of the primary.

------------------------

Here's an idea for donations that you could even DEDUCT from your taxes.

http://TheConservativeAlternative.com (http://theconservativealternative.com/)

Yeah Mark. Your idea has worked wonders so far ...... look at Ron Paul just bursting out of the seams of this country.

Ads?? Ads where? People barely read newspapers anymore. That is why they are going BK. I'm not against it, but why are you so against this?? Do you know who Herman is? Know his personality? Watch the shows he co-hosts? He is a truely moral dude who treats his sponsors well.

I really don't care, whatever works BETTER THAN WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN GOING ON because things look like dung.

trapfive
02-11-2008, 05:56 PM
The 12 inch $300,000.00 "Ron Paul Ad" would be the same size as those 15 or so ads to the right of the #36. Barely visible.

What do you expect for 300k, that would probably cover the tire bill on a Nationwide team for the season. My knowledge of racing and sponsorship would lead me to believe it would be an associate sponsorship (bigger than those you mention which are a slate of sponsors carried by all the cars)

Once again, it's not about the size and if can be seen at 200 mph. Sponsorship on a car, over an entire season (35 races), places the effort in a different category among race fans.

It gives the sponsor a platform that goes way beyond simple high profile visibility and it works.

pacelli
02-11-2008, 05:57 PM

+1 80k should go to ron's congressional run first.

zbus12
02-11-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm sold! I think its a good Idea!

faraway
02-11-2008, 06:07 PM
OK, thanks for clearing that up, it seemed a bit too elaborate to be a rip-off. For sure new support will come from it, potential revolutionaries are everywhere and we can't discredit any project carried forth with enthusiasm. We're bound to hit on something that works!!!

pacelli
02-11-2008, 06:10 PM

I agree. Ultimately the free market will decide.

Molly1
02-11-2008, 06:11 PM

What are you talking about?

His presidential campaign will not be using its funds for his congressional seat. That is illegal.

Don't accuse people of things they are not doing.

Especially Ron Paul.

We get enough of that from the crooked media to have to put up with it here.

He's going to stay in the GOP and he's going to win the nomination, and we will all be there as delegates voting him in. :)

Carry on!

IDefendThePlatform
02-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Not to be a wet blanket, but I think 75 million people is misleading. It's an audience of 2 million people per race for 35 races. More than likely the vast majority of those people are the same people who watch consistently. Repetition is a good thing, but I keep thinking that local newspaper ads are really the most effective use of money. That's how our only county in Iowa was won.

Also, isn't $80,000 just for the first couple of races?

Hey, if people donate and it gets going then great.

Molly1
02-11-2008, 06:21 PM
What does it cost to get Ron Paul's name all over the car like in that picture at your website?

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Not to be a wet blanket, but I think 75 million people is misleading. It's an audience of 2 million people per race for 35 races. More than likely the vast majority of those people are the same people who watch consistently. Repetition is a good thing, but I keep thinking that local newspaper ads are really the most effective use of money. That's how our only county in Iowa was won.

Also, isn't $80,000 just for the first couple of races?

Hey, if people donate and it gets going then great.

You are totally incorrect.

75 million Americans are nascar fans.(40% are women)

$100k($80k or so still needed) is to SECURE the deal for the entire season.
$300k covers the entire season(meaning $200k after the deal is secured)

I got all of this information from their website.

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 06:28 PM
What does it cost to get Ron Paul's name all over the car like in that picture at your website?

Its not my website.

I have nothing to do with the website.

I only thought it was a good idea so I posted my thoughts

Not sure what it would cost for an entire car(probably depends on the owner/driver status)

I'd guess $2mil a season

freedomintheusa
02-11-2008, 06:31 PM
With all the money the campaign has; why dont they think of stuff like this? I dont get it...They should contact the campaign or something about this..

WE cannot be in connection with the campaign... have to stay seperate of it according to FEC

freedomintheusa
02-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Its not my website.

I have nothing to do with the website.

I only thought it was a good idea so I posted my thoughts

Not sure what it would cost for an entire car(probably depends on the owner/driver status)

I'd guess $2mil a season

IT is 150k Per RACE, and up

Johncjackson
02-11-2008, 06:35 PM
I am going to call BS on the supposed fact that 75 million people watch Busch ( or whatever its called now) minor league Nascar racing.

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 06:41 PM
I am going to call BS on the supposed fact that 75 million people watch Busch ( or whatever its called now) minor league Nascar racing.

I did not say that. I said 75 million Americans are NASCAR FANS..... 40% women

From what I understand from reading, if the money is there in time, it would be on the car for Daytona's "minor league" Nascar race.

How many people do you think will watch the"minor league" race the day before the Daytona 500 in anticipation of the BIG ONE??

Also, do you realize that many of the Cup drivers participate in the Nationwide Series(formally Busch series) at Daytona and other tracks?

IDefendThePlatform
02-11-2008, 06:42 PM
You are totally incorrect.

75 million Americans are nascar fans.(40% are women)

$100k($80k or so still needed) is to SECURE the deal for the entire season.
$300k covers the entire season(meaning $200k after the deal is secured)

I got all of this information from their website.

From ronpaulracing.com:

"All 35 races in the series will be televised (on either ABC or ESPN2), with an average viewership of 2 million households per race!"

No way its a brand new 2 million people every week.

From Yahoosports.com:

"NASCAR, based on the television ratings of its "Super Bowl" race – February's Daytona 500 – has about 37 million fans in America – maybe a few million more if you believe someone can be a fan and miss the biggest event of the year.

Either way, that number is far lower than NASCAR's long-claimed 75 million fans, which never has stood up to reality. "

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=dw-confederateflag100906&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

37 million is still a TON, but that's just one race, and if the Daytona 500 is the equivalent of the Super Bowl, that means there are a lot fewer who actually follow it on a consistent basis.

If the support is there to fund it, terrific. I just don't think 75 million people are going to see Ron Paul's name.

NathanTurner
02-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Just because you can get Ron Paul's name on a race car or two doesn't mean people who read it will vote for him. If it does, then surely his name will be drowned out by Hillary, Obama, McCain and Huckabee on a daily basis. The simple fact of the matter is that a minority of total voters turned out to get Paul's name on the ballot. All of his enthusiastic supporters went out and voted in their state's primary. I know I did. Yet he still received very few total delegates. What options are left now, with most states being finished? A Write-in campaign? Even if we turned out the same number of people that voted for him during the primaries, it still wouldn't be enough. What we should focus on now shouldn't be how we can give more money to a failing and mismanaged campaign, but where the money we have already given is going.

Hell, I just visited Ron Paul's official website in which he essentially said he was turning his back on this failed campaign, cutting down his staff, and focusing on keeping his congressional seat. During this campaign, I have not seen ANY advertising done by or for Ron Paul. I haven't seen any information being distributed; I was not called by any Ron Paul vote banks; nothing. In other words, most people where I'm from didn't even know he existed, beyond what I have been telling them; and I wouldn't have known about him and his policies except for the fact that I've been an Old Right Constitutional Conservative for years. If all of these millions of dollars we've given haven't even translated into a few TV ads or phone calls, why should we pay for getting his name on a couple of cars that will reach people AFTER the majority of the primaries have already been held?

I also don't buy the idea that Paul's presence in the Congress will really make that much of a difference in Washington. He's been in government for decades now; how has his lone votes of "no" and his vocal opposition to government corruption changed anything? This time, we had a real chance for change; and his campaign was entirely ineffectual and apparently mismanaged, because outside of this website, I haven't seen ANY "Ron Paul compaign!" And for all of this, Ron Paul has essentially said that he is going to worry more about keeping his job than using our funds for creating real change in Washington. There is nothing big about this; it's over, at least for now. I just hope that other Constitutional Conservatives or even Ron Paul himself are able to wage a better campaign in the future.

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Anyway ..... I'm done posting on here. I didn't realize I would be attacked for trying to do good.

We are all supposed to be working together to try to make things happen. After all, as Dr. Paul says, this is our revolution and he is just happy to be lucky enough to be a part of it.

This freaking wears me out trying to combat my own team ... I don't care what anyone does, but don't try to stop me for doing what I feel is right..................... BYE

RonPaulFanInGA
02-11-2008, 06:49 PM
tt

Libertyiswinning
02-11-2008, 06:49 PM
From ronpaulracing.com:

"All 35 races in the series will be televised (on either ABC or ESPN2), with an average viewership of 2 million households per race!"

No way its a brand new 2 million people every week.

From Yahoosports.com:

"NASCAR, based on the television ratings of its "Super Bowl" race – February's Daytona 500 – has about 37 million fans in America – maybe a few million more if you believe someone can be a fan and miss the biggest event of the year.

Either way, that number is far lower than NASCAR's long-claimed 75 million fans, which never has stood up to reality. "

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=dw-confederateflag100906&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

37 million is still a TON, but that's just one race, and if the Daytona 500 is the equivalent of the Super Bowl, that means there are a lot fewer who actually follow it on a consistent basis.

If the support is there to fund it, terrific. I just don't think 75 million people are going to see Ron Paul's name.

OK ... this really is my last post ..... but go watch the stinking video on the front page of this website i'm talking about .... and it claims there are 75 million nascar fans here ..... ok, i'm not just pulling this out of my ass mr skepticism. BYE

PS. Awesome picture, thanks RonPaulFanInGA

freedomintheusa
02-11-2008, 07:00 PM
This is from the heart of RonPaulRacing's Founder........................................... ..........Go, Ron, Go!
Ron Paul has worked his guts out to get as far as he could in the establishment system. He has run well and is continuing to run all the way to the end. If Dr Paul says it you can take it to the bank.

I see some fair-weather supporters running for the exits. I say goodbye…and good riddance.

This isn’t a campaign, it’s a movement. This movement is deep and wide and varied as it gets, it’s not going away.

We’re not going away either.

We have a chance to put the message of freedom and small, Constitutional government in front of over 75 MILLION spectators and TV viewers who love NASCAR. And we can do it without any help from the news media.

We can continue promoting this message for not just one race, but through the summer, the GOP convention, and through November 2008. We have a venue and a potential spokesman who receives attention on TV, print and radio around the world. We can get this media exposure for pennies per person through NASCAR sponsorship.

Don’t give up the fight…for the fight has just begun.

Thank you.

R. W. Conrad
RPR/GM

phoenixzorn
02-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Busch Series is not "Minor League", the Daytona 500 is the biggest race in all of racing. I'm not a NASCAR fan, per se, but I will be watching the Daytona 500 and the race the day before!! It's like the Superbowl of racing... the first big race of the season, and it is nationally televised, on network TV AND CABLE, and LIVE STREAM on the internet, AND SIRIUS and XM Satellites.

None of you who are bitching about this have EVER stood next to a NASCAR in person... 18"x12" is about 3/4ths the size of the Shark logo on the car pictured a few pages back. It's a HORIZONTAL 18" long, and 12" TALL... that's a HUGE logo, and for $300,000 for the entire year to sponsor two cars, that's an incredible bargain. Who the hell is Scanner Scott? Why are we trusting some people and not others, who all have the same agenda? If 4,000 people each donate $20.00, both cars would be sponsored for the Daytona 500 and the next 3 races after that.... if we continue to raise money after the initial $100,000, we can continue to have coverage in additional races, and $300,000 covers the whole season with the 18"x12" banner.

YES, for $150,000 per race, we could absolutely cover the entire car in Ron Paul ads and banners... We could cover an entire car in the Constitution, with a big ass picture of Ron Paul's face on the hood... We could have 75,000,000 people see these cars, and wonder "Who is Ron Paul?"

20% of the population of this country actually knows who Ron Paul is... I watched a lot of races last year because my friends own a bar, and the patrons like to watch races, and I NEVER saw a Ron Paul ad or banner above the track... But I guarantee I would have seen it if it were stuck on the side of ANY car...

You guys who are dismissing this as a scam are idiots... It's no different than a billboard, blimp, or any other fundraising drive for Ron Paul, only that some jackass who hasn't earned my trust any more than ronpaulracing.com has said that it's a scam because HE'S not in control of it... What the fuck is that? So now for any fundraising for Ron Paul to be legit, it has to be sponsored by Scanner Scott and the Granny's?? Please, stop this bullshit, donate to what you want to, and stfu about your little conspiracy theories... Pretty sure everyone here can afford $20.00, and if not, oh well...

Put up or shut up, and stop bashing an idea just because YOU didn't come up with it.

DISCLAIMER: I have NOTHING at all to do with Ron Paul Racing... I am a supporter of Ron Paul, I am a precinct leader in Waterloo, WI... I have no interest whatsoever in getting RonPaulRacing.com funded, except for the opportunity to have our Candidate on display on the side of a car... two cars... for the entire NASCAR season. An Associate Advertiser on a NASCAR machine is GOLD for Ron's Campaign... SOLID GOLD, and anyone who opposes it, sounds like the mole/anti-supporter to me.

MsDoodahs
02-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Your money, kids, and do with it what you will.

That said, IMO, this is yet another total waste of money.

freedomintheusa
02-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Well Put

freedomintheusa
02-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Busch Series is not "Minor League", the Daytona 500 is the biggest race in all of racing. I'm not a NASCAR fan, per se, but I will be watching the Daytona 500 and the race the day before!! It's like the Superbowl of racing... the first big race of the season, and it is nationally televised, on network TV AND CABLE, and LIVE STREAM on the internet, AND SIRIUS and XM Satellites.

None of you who are bitching about this have EVER stood next to a NASCAR in person... 18"x12" is about 3/4ths the size of the Shark logo on the car pictured a few pages back. It's a HORIZONTAL 18" long, and 12" TALL... that's a HUGE logo, and for $300,000 for the entire year to sponsor two cars, that's an incredible bargain. Who the hell is Scanner Scott? Why are we trusting some people and not others, who all have the same agenda? If 4,000 people each donate $20.00, both cars would be sponsored for the Daytona 500 and the next 3 races after that.... if we continue to raise money after the initial $100,000, we can continue to have coverage in additional races, and $300,000 covers the whole season with the 18"x12" banner.

YES, for $150,000 per race, we could absolutely cover the entire car in Ron Paul ads and banners... We could cover an entire car in the Constitution, with a big ass picture of Ron Paul's face on the hood... We could have 75,000,000 people see these cars, and wonder "Who is Ron Paul?"

20% of the population of this country actually knows who Ron Paul is... I watched a lot of races last year because my friends own a bar, and the patrons like to watch races, and I NEVER saw a Ron Paul ad or banner above the track... But I guarantee I would have seen it if it were stuck on the side of ANY car...

You guys who are dismissing this as a scam are idiots... It's no different than a billboard, blimp, or any other fundraising drive for Ron Paul, only that some jackass who hasn't earned my trust any more than ronpaulracing.com has said that it's a scam because HE'S not in control of it... What the fuck is that? So now for any fundraising for Ron Paul to be legit, it has to be sponsored by Scanner Scott and the Granny's?? Please, stop this bullshit, donate to what you want to, and stfu about your little conspiracy theories... Pretty sure everyone here can afford $20.00, and if not, oh well...

Put up or shut up, and stop bashing an idea just because YOU didn't come up with it.

DISCLAIMER: I have NOTHING at all to do with Ron Paul Racing... I am a supporter of Ron Paul, I am a precinct leader in Waterloo, WI... I have no interest whatsoever in getting RonPaulRacing.com funded, except for the opportunity to have our Candidate on display on the side of a car... two cars... for the entire NASCAR season. An Associate Advertiser on a NASCAR machine is GOLD for Ron's Campaign... SOLID GOLD, and anyone who opposes it, sounds like the mole/anti-supporter to me.

Get-ER-Done Go Ron Paul

Opulen
02-11-2008, 07:58 PM
At least some people are doing something about media coverage. Go ROn Paul Racing!!

chucksheen
02-11-2008, 10:43 PM
I can't believe this is so affordable. I don't see any reason why this can't and shouldn't be done. In fact, this MUST happen. Who is still holding their torch of liberty? I'll never put mine down no matter how broken down I am.

freedomintheusa
02-12-2008, 02:31 AM
Yes it is the Herminator KENNY WALLACE you heard it here first. now go see for yourself.......http://www.ronpaulracing.com/blog/?p=35