PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul not invited to another debate.

Ex Post Facto
02-11-2008, 02:31 PM
h ttp://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/02/11/655820.aspx

The four top presidential candidates - Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama for the Democrats, Mike Huckabee and John McCain for the Republicans - have been invited to discuss science and technology issues at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia on April 18, according to the organizers of Science Debate 2008. If the event actually occurs, it would take place four days before Pennsylvania's presidential primary.

The effort to put science and technology in the campaign spotlight has some high-powered boosters - most recently Intel Chairman Craig Barrett, who said in a statement today that "the future economic success of the United States depends on outperforming the competition with smart people and smart ideas."

However, it's debatable whether the event will actually get off the ground. The candidates have to calculate the risks vs. benefits of discussing science - particularly in mid-April, when the nomination may (or, admittedly, may not) be decided.

There's not yet been any word from any of the campaigns about whether anyone has accepted the invitation. The Science Debate organizers say they'd go ahead with the "debate" even if just one candidate showed up. By the way, GOP hopeful Ron Paul hasn't been invited because his support hasn't risen to the 15 percent level.

Check out this report from Business Week for more about Science Debate 2008, and click into msnbc.com's Politics section for the latest on the campaign. If I hear anything new about the status of the RSVPs, I'll update this item.

kgiese
02-11-2008, 02:35 PM
With their extensive knowledge of technology and science, it should be worth watching, not.

mmink15
02-11-2008, 02:39 PM
this is gonna hurt our efforts in PA
electbility already a big enough issue

A. Havnes
02-11-2008, 03:12 PM
With their extensive knowledge of technology and science, it should be worth watching, not.

I probably won't watch this debate, but I can just imagine the responses...

DowntownGator
02-11-2008, 03:49 PM
^^^Especially from Huckabee!

*blink, blink*

fedup100
02-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Paul can and will be deleted, scratched out and uninvited to everything now after "the email" that has left his Presidential run vague at best. I guess the good thing is they can do it legit now, it won't be voter fraud to screw him now, he screwed himself.

diesirae
02-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Paul can and will be deleted, scratched out and uninvited to everything now after "the email" that has left his Presidential run vague at best. I guess the good thing is they can do it legit now, it won't be voter fraud to screw him now, he screwed himself.

Mental note for future Presidential run:

Do not send an email to the press in which it sounds like you're suspending your campaign.

Thanehand
02-11-2008, 07:56 PM
So are we gonna get organized and fight against this, or what?

Edit - posting a thread in central myself:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118585

joenaab
02-11-2008, 08:06 PM

What was he thinking? I read it and it was obvious to me that he was tossing in the towel. He hasn't even issued a clarification. Just a very clear message of, "can't win, gotta get back to work, thanks for everything, group hug". People here continue to call him a campaigning genius and that was a huge blunder.

ForLibertyFight
02-11-2008, 08:15 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118585

francioshouse
02-11-2008, 08:25 PM
It's sort of our own faults the campaign had to scale back. They asked for $23 million by the end of Jan., we failed. They set a new goal of $8.4 million by Feb. 5, we failed. Since january 1, our fundraising has been almost nonexsistant. Today, Feb 11, looks it will be our worst day on record. I understand many states have voted, but many have not. I understand, many people are devoting their efforts to canvassing, but for many of us that process is complete so we have nothing left to do but raise money for the remaining states.

I feel as though most of us have given up. And that's to bad, because just a couple of months ago there was so much fire in our bellies we could roast a pig by just looking at it. It's not over, don't let them tell you it's over. Caucus states are still going through the process of selecting delegates. My next convention in Minnesota is March 1. Romney won my precinct, and I have to fight for his delegates. And yes, I can get them, because they voted for Romney not because they wanted him, they hated McCain. They won't vote for him. Ron paul can win more delegates. And we all should feel that way.

If you have to get pissed at the world to keep going, then get pissed. We have plenty of time, but it's ticking with each passing day. Sometimes the fight is won not by the guy that fights the hardest, but by the guy that fights the longest. Please do not give up yet.

Thanehand
02-11-2008, 09:01 PM
It's sort of our own faults the campaign had to scale back. They asked for $23 million by the end of Jan., we failed. They set a new goal of $8.4 million by Feb. 5, we failed. Since january 1, our fundraising has been almost nonexsistant. Today, Feb 11, looks it will be our worst day on record. I understand many states have voted, but many have not. I understand, many people are devoting their efforts to canvassing, but for many of us that process is complete so we have nothing left to do but raise money for the remaining states.

BINGO!

Glad I'm not the only one realizing this.

Xyrus2
02-11-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm not sure how much a science and technology debate would help Ron Paul. No disrespect to Ron Paul, but science is one of the few things that I strongly disagree with him on. But he also believes that the government should not be involved in such matters, which makes his positions somewhat palatable.

I also believe that IP and copyright law are completely ludicrous in their current form and act as preventers of innovation instead of encouraging it.

~X~

Poltiical_Rebel
02-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Exaclty right, as soon as bad results from the MSM come in, the dread comes in as if we lost the battle. Everyone is giving up hope at the wrong time. Can we stand up to the test? Well if people that were former supporters just CAME BACK AND ACTUALLY HELPED WE COULD DO GOOD! Obama already has enough of a support base, we need more on the GOP. If we get onslaughts in the GOP, we will win this. Just come back! I suggest we get rid of that last press release and tell people to continue donating! That is the only way to win!

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-11-2008, 10:49 PM
McCain: I think we should have more sunsh... err science into America.

FortWorth38
02-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Why can we not sponsor our own debate???? And let the people ask the questions ???

NinjaPirate
02-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Why can we not sponsor our own debate???? And let the people ask the questions ???

Or have a debate with Gravel. He's been hosting an "alternate debate" ever since he was barred from the main debates. I'm sure Gravel would love Paul's company. :p

FortWorth38
02-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Sure the more the merrier!! From the original runners that would be great!! let the people really hear what they might have passed up

Crickett
02-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Watch THIS. From 2 weeks ago! Get PUMPED! at 33 seconds in, it really starts. Remember this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9ipTkin2sY&feature=user

Crickett
02-11-2008, 11:34 PM
I think they have been MSM'd. Paul was over 15% in several states and holds a doctorate. We need to ask them to invite him. Over and over.

FortWorth38
02-11-2008, 11:37 PM
America Wants Real Answers*music*

"The Peoples Presidential Debate"

We have no paid commentators ,no canned questions,no bullshit,no earpieces ..America Votes..Like American Idol & a Secured site to post feedback & vote

notsure
02-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Ron Paul is on every State's ballot! He is a national candidate. It would be criminal for them not to invite him. Isn't there a fair time clause? There's no excuse to exclude Paul, this has to be illegal.

McCraK
02-12-2008, 05:05 PM
i hate to say it but we're in for another 4 years of warmongering and our rights being taken away. Who knows maybe there will be another "terrorist attack" on US soil and we could be in martial law by November.. Who knows where well be 4 years from now. Hopefully we'll still be able to gather online and support the next Ron Paul type candidate. Its sad that the media can decide who our next leader is. =[

Smidley
02-14-2008, 11:52 AM
I agree that this sucks, but you also have to consider private property rights.

Hancock1776
02-14-2008, 12:32 PM
It's sort of our own faults the campaign had to scale back. They asked for $23 million by the end of Jan., we failed. They set a new goal of $8.4 million by Feb. 5, we failed.

Complete and utter baloney. He was running a shoestring campaign and we brought him over $10 million in a quarter. Mike Huckabee was less of an also-ran than Ron Paul was, but he would run out of toes counting the number of millions we raised for Ron in the course of this campaign. The campaign's inability to garner more votes and more delegates is a function of the voters' vapid desire for a candidate who makes them feel good, and a function of the campaign's choices not to pander properly to their animal desires. Ron Paul has used this campaign as one long opportunity to teach, and teach he has. He has been a resounding success in that regard, and I believe he has changed the Republican Party forever. The campaign has not been a failure, although we now have to face the reality of future tyranny, after having the audacity to hope we could end it with one man's bid for the presidency.

The only fault that is ours was in hoping the rest of the voters would make the same effort we did to understand Dr. Paul's platform, and come to the same conclusion. Our one gigantic mistake was in believing our fellow Americans had even the slightest hint of common sense in their heads. They don't.

Ron Paul has had his finger in the dike for more than a quarter of a century, screaming his head off for the townspeople to wake up and come fix the hole. Well, we're the only ones who heard him. Some 6% of the voting population.

We're it. And fixing the dam -- or preparing for the flood -- is up to us.

Whether or not they include him in a debate is almost irrelevant at this point. Our work is to restore liberty, whatever the conditions. Move forward. Be proactive instead of reactive. We will succeed.

dkim68
02-14-2008, 01:39 PM
It doesn't even matter now. Romney endorsed McCain. Pretty soon they won't be inviting Hillary to the debates either.

Phantom
02-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Bumped.

Who knows? Maybe we can get them to change their minds.

There are a lot of good Ron Paul comments on the board. If you will, join up and leave your comment.

blaumittwoch
02-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Will this debate help him in the primary? No. It hasn't at all this whole year, and this one will be no different. And even if he was included in the debate, he'd be laughed at and ignored the entire time. I'd love to see him debate (against the democrats too?), but if it has no benefit he should campaign while the other candidates debate instead.

Don't waste your time and effort.

Doktor_Jeep
02-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Emo kids again.

All this is really about, as Ron Paul said so himself, is reaching the Remnant.

Think about this. All of you here could have been going through life just as ignorant and sheeplistic as ... anyone who is not here.

But why are you here then? Why you? What makes you different?

What does it matter that the election is stolen and the Roman, er, American mobs only care for bread and circuses. They are doomed if you do, doomed if you don't.

But it will take a strong community - us here in this forum right now - to stand together and stay alive through the coming times, and rebuild America when the smoke clears and without the weight of the mass(es) ignorance and their leviathan on our backs.

Molly1
02-18-2008, 12:09 AM
No--see--this makes perfect sense for the new America.

They don't invite the only scientist to the science debate.

That way, everyone is equally ignorant!

Liberté
02-18-2008, 03:41 AM
h ttp://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/02/11/655820.aspx

The four top presidential candidates - Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama for the Democrats, Mike Huckabee and John McCain for the Republicans - have been invited to discuss science and technology issues at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia on April 18, according to the organizers of Science Debate 2008. If the event actually occurs, it would take place four days before Pennsylvania's presidential primary.

The effort to put science and technology in the campaign spotlight has some high-powered boosters - most recently Intel Chairman Craig Barrett, who said in a statement today that "the future economic success of the United States depends on outperforming the competition with smart people and smart ideas."

However, it's debatable whether the event will actually get off the ground. The candidates have to calculate the risks vs. benefits of discussing science - particularly in mid-April, when the nomination may (or, admittedly, may not) be decided.

There's not yet been any word from any of the campaigns about whether anyone has accepted the invitation. The Science Debate organizers say they'd go ahead with the "debate" even if just one candidate showed up. By the way, GOP hopeful Ron Paul hasn't been invited because his support hasn't risen to the 15 percent level.

Check out this report from Business Week for more about Science Debate 2008, and click into msnbc.com's Politics section for the latest on the campaign. If I hear anything new about the status of the RSVPs, I'll update this item.

It sucks, but is not unexpected, do not expect to see Ron Paul in the MSM anymore. This race is almost over, it will be McCain vs. Obama. Ron Paul will no longer be on most peoples radar... this is expected though, we need to gain as many delegates as possible, basically it will boil down to grassroots. The MSM will ignore us, and RP's fund raising appears to be drying up... it's all up to us now.

We can't win, but we can make a statement, which was Ron Paul's mission from the Start. He will walk into the GOP convention with 100+ National Delegates, the RNC will have to listen to him.

Liberté
02-18-2008, 03:42 AM
Ron Paul is on every State's ballot! He is a national candidate. It would be criminal for them not to invite him. Isn't there a fair time clause? There's no excuse to exclude Paul, this has to be illegal.

Argh! How could a RP supporter demand the trampling of propery rights! *puke* Your sense of freedom is so dull!

CountryboyRonPaul
02-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Write letters!!! :mad: