PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of a Radio call-in show...

GunnyFreedom
02-11-2008, 02:14 PM
I would like to get Dr. Paul to sit down for a radio call-in show from the general public throughout North Carolina in late April. Can we get multiple stations for overlapping coverage, and can we publicize such an event enough, in and of ourselves? If we can, I think a large call-in show, of undecided voters calling Dr Paul to ask him questions on the air, will connect him to the citizens of North Carolina, and massively increase our poll returns.

If we think we can manage both publicizing it and getting it done, then I'll start asking up the chain to arrange it. late April is still a time away, so we have time for it.

AlbemarleNC0003
02-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Charlotte talks. 9am every weekday.

wfae.org is the local station 90.7 FM

GunnyFreedom
02-11-2008, 04:30 PM
I was thinking more between 6 and 8 PM, we would probably reach a broader cross section. Advertise the show heavily during the rush, and then hold the show when everyone who wants to, can call in and ask a question. If we can network shows in Raleigh/Charlotte/Wilmington and make it 90 minutes across the whole state, have 2-3 people screening calls (to best distribute geography, and to reach for a broader range of questions if they get repetitive) and try to stop trolls. Probably have 2 minute delay in case of sneak troll attacks.

What kind of audience would we get at 9AM vs 7PM? I honestly don't know. If I were promoting a specific show before an election I might want to be able to reach families with only landlines. I want to make it a 'fireside chat' with Dr Paul setting. Strong interactions with the audience.

Pull in internet media and streams, and record the discussion to make issue-items.

AlbemarleNC0003
02-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Charlotte Talks is rebroadcast at 7pm every night. :D

It's the only show I know of because I used to only listen to NPR thinking I was getting relevant information. I was wrong.

GunnyFreedom
02-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Ok that should work. Charlotte Talks in the morning, and then the Triangle in the afternoon. That gives more opportunity for local exposure. I am also looking for 9AM Raleigh stuff, but I was really thinking more about producing our own show, and having stations host our stream.