PDA

View Full Version : I don't know about you guys, but I feel a bit Ron Paul'ed out.

Akus
08-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Burn out, in other words.
All the anticipation of what is coming on 08/11/07, all the excitement that we are growing, nay, exploding, all the people I've told of Ron Paul. I am emotionally exhausted.

Does anyone share this with me?

ShaneC
08-10-2007, 07:34 PM
nope, not at all.

Tune in to RonPaulRadio or GTFO

DjLoTi
08-10-2007, 07:35 PM
If anyone should be burnt out... I should be burnt out.

It happens sometimes, maybe 10 or 20 minutes every other week or so... but I don't give up. I keep on fighting... for FREEDOM!

Swmorgan77
08-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Nope, I am stoked! I do have times when I get discouraged, but these forums, watching the buzz grow and listening to Ron Paul's media appearances keep me motivated.

Kuldebar
08-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Akus, your attitude would burn out anyone, maybe log off and go take a walk.

beermotor
08-10-2007, 07:37 PM
All the anticipation of what is coming on 08/11/07, all the excitement that we are growing, nay, exploding, all the people I've told of Ron Paul. I am emotionally exhausted.

Yeah, ronpaulradio is really cranking me up some. MAybe it's the beer actually. Hell, whatever!

dseisner
Yes. But suck it up until he's president, at least! It's way too early to get tired. Keep your belief. Allow your enthusiam to grow with his number of supporters. And don't your mistake your anxiety for other emotions. Breathe.

mport1
Nope. This is not time for a burnout. We have a long way to go. We can rest after next year :)

Hurricane Bruiser
Me thinkest that thou art the eternal pessimist trying to bring everyone else down. Most of your posts are negative. Maybe that is just the way you are but most of us don't want to hear it and it certainly doesn't help posting it.

happyphilter
08-10-2007, 07:38 PM
I know what you mean, its important to take a break from everything, take a breather, then come at it full force again. Just keep comin back to it, everyone needs a break.

Dont give up!

foofighter20x
I'm getting a little pooped too... but that's due to work and school and being here 24/7 ;)

Don't worry, for the next two months, we should only have to coast... just got to press on the nevada debate coming up in about 2 weeks and press even harder on the youtube debate.

Chester Copperpot

Sometimes a little.. its bound to happen especially when like myself I am up at first in the day with Ron Paul and then Im up till 4am still reading about him on he internet when I get home everynight.. no matter how much I try I cant seem to get to bed before 4am.....Its all Ron Paul.

But my burn out times are very minimal a day here or there.. or like with the meetup group number.. there are like 32,000 grassrooters for Ron Paul.. and well Ill check it out when it gets to 40,000.... Theres no reason to have to check it every day.. I know by next Saturday itll be 40,000. Its like clockwork.. and its only getting MORE intense...

Even when Im burned out though I still cant help giving out liberty cards or showing people my red seal $2 Bills and educating them on the fed and income tax in 30 seconds.

WHICH BRINGS ME TO A QUESTION... DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW WE CAN PUT TOGETHER A SMALL INFOMERCIAL.. LITERALLY WE COULD DO THIS AS A SMALL COMMERCIAL LIKE 1-2 MINUTES AND IN THAT TIME PEOPLE WILL KNOW CRYSTAL CLEAR HOW THE FEDERAL RESERVE ROBS THE COUNTRY AND HOW THE INCOME TAX IS PAYING FOR THEM... EVERYBODY I SHOW THIS TO I CONVERT TO RON PAUL BECAUSE HES THE ONLY ONE TALKING ABOUT IT.

See Im tired now and I cant help it.. But I cant help it.. this will be the first time we will have a Thomas Jefferson in the white house in over 200 years

JosephTheLibertarian
08-10-2007, 07:39 PM

Do you ever say anything positive?

BuddyRey
08-10-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm anything BUT burnt out, but I can understand the feeling. I wouldn't necessarily call the feeling burnt out, but more discouraged, or helpless. We're up against a pretty powerful machine here, the despots and the media united against truth and honesty in politics. But I'm flippin' PSYCHED about Ames tomorrow!!!

happyphilter
08-10-2007, 07:48 PM
meh just ignore akus, click on his post history, obvious troll. not huring any of us though!

ronpaul radio is a good pickmeup!

Givemelibertyor.....
08-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Wait 'til you get this email from your bank:

Re: FNBO Direct account number ending in XXXX
Dear ,XXXX

As part of your initial application, we did not receive information regarding your current employer, occupation or position. In many cases, this is because you have a status of retired, unemployed or self-employed. We are updating our records as part of our on-going due diligence to be compliant with our standards to support the USA Patriot Act.

Due to the importance of the USA Patriot Act, we have placed a hold on your account(s) until we can document this information for our records. No deposits or withdrawals can be made through your account(s) until we receive this information. We will release the hold upon receipt of this information.

Please provide us with your previous employer, occupation and position by sending an email with this information to fulfillment@fnbodirect.com. If this information is not received within 30 days, the account(s) may be closed. Your immediate attention to this matter is appreciated.

If you wish to discuss this further, please send an email to fulfillment@fnbodirect.com or call 877-370-3707. Please reference your FNBO Direct account number displayed at the top of this page when you contact us.

Thank you for choosing FNBO Direct for your Online Savings Account.

FNBO Direct Customer Service

I got this today.

I will not rest until Ron Paul is President.

ronpaulitician
08-10-2007, 07:55 PM

I've had one of those periods already.

Let it come over you. Drop out of the effort for a week or two. Do something you enjoy. (for me, I played Ancient Domain of Mystery for two weeks) When you feel the Ron Paul bug come over you again, it'll be even bigger than before.

DeadheadForPaul
08-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Tune into Ron Paul Radio! It's getting me psyched

max
08-10-2007, 08:08 PM
fight these sons of bitches until you die...remember what's a stake here...

everyone should have a goal of maxing out their $2300, then spending more money on your local activities....

This has to become a WAY OF LIFE...We are revolutionaries...there can be no peace for us..

make time to take care of your kobs and family time etc....but then get back to work both on and offline..

fight until you die of a heart attack

Perry
08-10-2007, 08:18 PM

I got this today.

I was going to say...It'll be impossible for me to get Ron Pauled out until justice is done in America.

Tina
08-10-2007, 08:19 PM
You may not realize it, but we are fighting for our lives here. Tired doesn't matter.

Cowlesy
08-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Ron is 72 years old and has been battling all week from 6am to midnight, along with Mrs. Paul.

If you're burn't out, sorry to hear that.

mavtek
08-10-2007, 08:29 PM
I can't get Ron Paul radio to work :( what's going on?

rajibo
08-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Take a nap.

american.swan
08-10-2007, 08:41 PM

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! SEND A COPY to Ron Paul's campain by fax. Get him to use it at his speeches.

That is messed up!!! BIG TIME.

Eli
08-10-2007, 08:41 PM
can someone please ban akus. He's been trolling for way too long and getting away with it.

Matt Collins
08-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Once he wins the primary and gets the nomination, things will get a lot easier!

xita
08-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Would someone bann this troll?

Please?

stevedasbach
08-10-2007, 08:46 PM
can someone please ban akus. He's been trolling for way too long and getting away with it.

You've got to be kidding. Ron's campaign is about bringing people together, not pushing them away.

Hurricane Bruiser
08-10-2007, 08:50 PM
No need to ban... Maybe he's just an eternal pessimist. If he is a troll, we can manage one and maybe convert em. He's not out bashing RP outright. IMO

xita
08-10-2007, 09:10 PM
The case:

Posted By Akus

If any Ron Paul people did this, I think Ron paul campaign should be the first one to investigate and track them and kick them out. I sure hope this has nothing to do with Ron Paul though (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=11836).

should we do away with Ron Paul rEVOLution sign? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=11831) by akus

I don't know about you guys, but I feel a bit Ron Paul'ed out (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=119995#post119995)

" I hope Ron is adequately cooled. The last thing we need is for our guy to get a heat stroke, he isn't exactly young. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=119253#post119253)"

cALIFORNIA, with it's well known pro-Dem anti-war stands? I doubt it. I think if Ron Paul can take over CA, with his anti-Iraq, anti-War on Drugs and anti-IRS, he's basically set, (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=117190#post117190) even if he doesn't do so well in the rest of the states.

If Ron Paul wasn't on the Republican ticket, who would you vote for? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=11592)

kalami
08-10-2007, 09:13 PM
People here are like jackals if you waiver in support. Take a break.

Kuldebar
08-10-2007, 09:21 PM
People here are like jackals if you waiver in support. Take a break.

It's true, we don't like confessions weakness in the ranks because it's viewed as bad for morale. Most of us want everyone to be generally supportive and positive about each other and the campaign. It's very human.

stevedasbach
08-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Some people see the glass half-full; some see it half-empty.

A lot of Ron's supporters didn't think he could win a few months ago. I'm sure there are still a lot that feel that way (but fewer every day). Doesn't mean they don't support Ron, or don't want him to win.

Sematary
08-10-2007, 09:25 PM

Nope. If anything, I get more energized by the day seeing all the great things that the grassroots is doing every single day. I emailed his campaign several times over the last year or so BEGGING him to run. I drive my wife, my friends, and my co-workers insane because Ron Paul is the only hope America has of returning to a constitutional republic. But they are voting for Ron Paul. I talk to people and then I talk to more people. I hand out literature, and bumper stickers and then I hand out more literature. I believe he is going to get the nomination because he is the best candidate and he has the best supporters and I am not anywhere near burned out on it.
Wooo - now that I ripped that diatribe off.
Take a couple of days and bask in the success of Ames.

Razmear
08-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Some people see the glass half-full; some see it half-empty.

A lot of Ron's supporters didn't think he could win a few months ago. I'm sure there are still a lot that feel that way (but fewer every day). Doesn't mean they don't support Ron, or don't want him to win.

Its not a matter of if he can win, its a matter of how fukked up this country will be if he doesn't.
There is only one chance to save this country from it's path of self destruction, and that is to get Ron Paul in the white house.
This is why many of his supporters would gladly catch a bullet to save Ron and have donated so much of their time, money and talent to get him elected.
I am not supporting Ron to make a statement, I am doing so to save my country.

eb

RP08
08-10-2007, 09:34 PM

Man, if anything... I think I'm getting even more fired up, and this is nearly all I think about lately. I keep thinking that we're part of making a truly great man our next President.

Ron Paul could make a helluvalot more money in his professional practice than representing his people, so why is he even bothering... with big business, lobbyists, central banking, and corruption running the show, he has balls the size of his represented state of Texas, and damnit if this middle-aged average American guy typing this message isn't going to get excited about the first politician I've ever experienced who actually "feels" like he gives a crap about us people and our kids and their kids and has the guts to put his face out there against unconstitutional and strong-arm government. If I ran a personnel-security agency, I'd put one of my guys at his guard 24/7.

Ron Paul is a threat to a lot of controllers, and a hero to hundreds of millions of controlled!

Akus
08-10-2007, 09:36 PM

That's really an extraordinary statement, as someone who donated more $$ to Ron Paul campaign then anyone else and adopted more Iowans then anyone else, that I am a troll and deserve a ban. I don't think I have ever heard that before and I have heard some pretty absurd explanations for my behavior. I would ask the poster to withdraw that comment and tell us that he didn't really mean that.

I would also like to know if every single Ron Paul supporting Iowan, activist or not, is coming to Ames to vote. Yes, some can't for legitimate reasons (no car, too far, personal circumstances). But those aside, are Iowans going to attack this real life poll, like we, onliners, attack the online polls, no matter where they are? I wanted to make a separate thread about it, but I think this thread will do.

tiznow
08-10-2007, 09:38 PM
That's really an extraordinary statement, as someone who donated more $$ to Ron Paul campaign then anyone else and adopted more Iowans then anyone else, that I am a troll and deserve a ban. I don't think I have ever heard that before and I have heard some pretty absurd explanations for my behavior. I would ask the poster to withdraw that comment and tell us that he didn't really mean that.

I would also like to know if every single Ron Paul supporting Iowan, activist or not, is coming to Ames to vote. Yes, some can't for legitimate reasons (no car, too far, personal circumstances). But those aside, are Iowans going to attack this real life poll, like we, onliners, attack the online polls, no matter where they are? I wanted to make a separate thread about it, but I think this thread will do.

:)

xita
08-10-2007, 09:40 PM

Nice retort :)

Sematary
08-10-2007, 09:43 PM

:D

jjschless
08-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Do you ever say anything positive?

He is a Troll. His post history is rife with doubt-mongering and second guessing. Ignore him.

jjschless
08-10-2007, 09:59 PM
That's really an extraordinary statement....

OMG Now he is channeling RUDY!!!!!

I'm was just waiting for "I'd ask the poster to withdraw that statement and say s/he didn't really mean it."

LOL

Jennifer Reynolds
08-10-2007, 10:02 PM
///

michaelwise
08-10-2007, 10:03 PM
At this point, nothing can bring be down on the promise of Ron Paul for President!

dsentell
08-10-2007, 10:06 PM
I worked all day and have Ron Pauled all night, so guess my mind is a little fuzzy, but I am so excited about tomorrow that I probably won't sleep a wink tonite!

RON PAUL!!! RON PAUL!!! RON PAUL!!!

inibo
08-10-2007, 10:33 PM
I get bummed from time to time--not burned out--but then I'll see something like the Iowa Debate clip or the Ames ad and I get jazzed all over again. I haven't felt this alive in years.

tnvoter
08-10-2007, 11:03 PM
I took a few weeks off from the forums/meetups etc. which is good to do every now and then, and then you come back refreshed!

:)

LibertyEagle
08-10-2007, 11:42 PM
If anyone should be burnt out... I should be burnt out.

It happens sometimes, maybe 10 or 20 minutes every other week or so... but I don't give up. I keep on fighting... for FREEDOM!

You're doing a great job too, DJ! It's absolutely amazing what you've done. Thank you! :)

Syren123
08-10-2007, 11:48 PM

I got this today.

My return reply would be:

Kiss my ass. Please return my money immediately.

richard1984
08-11-2007, 12:03 AM
My return reply would be:

Kiss my ass. Please return my money immediately.

Hahaha!!! :D

They'd just scream "terrorist" though.... :mad:

inibo
08-11-2007, 12:12 AM

I got this today.

WTF?

If^H^H When I get a message like that I will give them all the information they want and then withdraw every penny as soon as they turn it back on. I'm having a hard time believing that's real. Please tell me you are joking.

Bradley in DC
08-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Ron is 72 years old and has been battling all week from 6am to midnight, along with Mrs. Paul.

If you're burn't out, sorry to hear that.

Hey! Stop the misinformation! Dr. Paul won't be 72 until later this month. :p

Givemelibertyor.....
08-11-2007, 04:26 AM
WTF?

If^H^H When I get a message like that I will give them all the information they want and then withdraw every penny as soon as they turn it back on. I'm having a hard time believing that's real. Please tell me you are joking.

It's no joke. I'll forward the actual email to anyone who wants to see it.

FNBO made a huge mistake and sent this message to a lot of their customers today. Eventually, they fixed it. But the damage was done. I withdrew all of my money and closed the account. That apparently is a REAL message they send to people who haven't provided enough personal info to them. They will invoke the Patriot Act to steal your money. You are no longer a free individual. Everything is merely on loan from the government/banks/corporations.

After it got resolved, I vowed to spread Dr. Paul's message as best as I can. We have too much to lose.

LibertyEagle
08-11-2007, 07:14 AM
Don't worry, for the next two months, we should only have to coast... just got to press on the nevada debate coming up in about 2 weeks and press even harder on the youtube debate.

You're kidding, right? We have to get Dr. Paul's message out to all those MILLIONS who don't even know who he is, much less his message. The campaign is counting on us to do that. They don't have the money to advertise everywhere and the media isn't going to do it for us. We've just got to all get out there and get out the campaign materials, ON THE GROUND. ie. not just the net.

constituent
08-11-2007, 08:14 AM
akus... causing trouble... sewing the seeds of discord...

geez, has akus contributed positively to ANYTHING here so far? seems like I had the very problem yesterday and the day before... so... what gives?

hey moderator!
-get a rope.

mdh
08-11-2007, 08:20 AM
I'd say the single best thing to do to combat burn-out is to spend social time with like-minded individuals. Go out drinking (and tell people in the bar about Ron Paul). Some friends and I went out last night and saw a guy with a Fuck Bush shirt on - he at first was an Obama fan, but we educated him about Ron Paul and he really seemed to like what we had to say, so could be yet another win. Grassroots happens!