PDA

View Full Version : UMD Obama Rally

KevinR
02-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Today Obama had a rally on campus at the Comcast Center (Basketball stadium) and there was a line there starting at 7am (he talks at like 1 i think). Literally every person in every one of my classes was going, and I could not find a single person who didn't like Obama...He makes a good Shepard thats for sure :O No wonder Paul turned down their offer to come here :/

I had too many classes to go, and i dont own a RP sign (just a pin), so if I did go I might look like I was supporting Obama :[

zadrock
02-11-2008, 09:40 PM
I used to commute to class every day in rush hour traffic, and today was, by far, the worst traffic I've ever seen going to UMD. As bad as traffic was, the campus appeared to be deserted, so I assume EVERYONE was at Comcast. I was wearing my Ron Paul hat and thought about heading out that way, but with a closed primary, what's the point?

Oddly, I just returned from putting up signs at five precincts in Clarksville and surrounding areas, and the only other Pres. signs I saw were Hillary.

I did see one McCain sign today at Snowden and Broken Land in Columbia. (It was rush hour, so I couldn't take it down.) Fortunately, RP was right next to it. What's with the green and yellow McCain signs? Looks like he's selling real estate, not running for President.

Z