PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul excluded from another debate

JonnyDanger
02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
ScienceDebate2008

"The candidates we've invited are (in alphabetical order): Hillary Clinton, Mike Huckabee, John McCain, and Barack Obama."

h ttp://scienceblogs.com/intersection/2008/02/its_official_candidates_invite.php

TurtleBurger
02-11-2008, 01:00 PM
McCain, Huckabee, Clinton, Obama: brilliant scientists every one. :rolleyes:

Kotin
02-11-2008, 01:03 PM
info@sciencedebate2008.com

get busy deafening them with the sound of freedom, or disgust.

XNavyNuke
02-11-2008, 01:07 PM

+1

XNN

Lucid American
02-11-2008, 01:07 PM
That's funny, because Ron Paul dominates the technology sector.

DealzOnWheelz
02-11-2008, 01:09 PM
you know what to do people

EMAIL BOMB

teshuah
02-11-2008, 01:13 PM
hmm... last i checked the medical field is SCIENCE.... not lawyers, lobbyists, or ministers

bluto20
02-11-2008, 01:30 PM
bump! this is a call for all of us to email bomb the hell out of them!

dirka
02-11-2008, 01:35 PM
I just gave them a heeping full cup of sarcasm...hope they enjoy

BrettCates
02-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Chris Mooney and Sheril Kirshenbaum
The Intersection

Nathaniel Adams
Civilization and its Discotheques

Gillian Adler
The Quandaries of a Sine Curve called Life

Afarensis
Afarensis

Andrew Alden
About.com:Andrew's geology blog

A.J. Alexander
Just a Harlem Cabaret

Steven Andrew, AKA Stephen DarkSyde
Daily Kos

Anne-Marie
Pondering Pikaia

Nick Anthis
The Scientific Activist

David Appell
Quark Soup

David Archer, Michael Mann, Eric Steig, Ray Pierrehumbert
Real Climate

Don Ardell
SeekWellness

Babaloo
The Progressive Connection

Dave Bacon
The Quantum Pontiff

Ronald Bailey
Reason Hit & Run

Eliza Barclaym, Jasmin Malik Chua, Jeremy Jacquot, Michael Graham Richard
Treehugger

Shelley Batts
Retrospectacle

John Beetham
A DC Birding Blog

John Benac
Action for Space

Eric Berger
SciGuy

Andrew and Benny Bleiman
Zooillogix

Fred Bortz
Science Blog

Ed Brayton
Dispatches from the Culture Wars

Jeremy Bruno
The Voltage Gate

Dr. Joan Bushwell
Dr. Joan Bushwell’s Chimpanzee Refuge

Sean Carroll
Cosmic Variance

Craig Cheslog
Craig Cheslog

Kevin Churchel
Twisted One

Benjamin R. Cohen and Dave Ng
The World’s Fair

Clearwater
Clearwater

Kara Contreary
Pure Pedantry

Coyote Gulch
Coyote Gulch

Ed Darrell
Millard Fillmore's Bathtub

Peter Dawson
…Forms Most Beautiful…

DemFromCT, Contributing Editor
Daily Kos
Founding Editor, Flu Wiki

Keith Devlin
Devlin's Angle

Norm Doering
A Blog From Hell

Kevin Drum
Political Animal

Mike Dunford
The Questionable Authority

Eckerd College
NAS Library News

Eyesopen
Science Sense

The Factician
Conspiracy Factory

Fault Rocks
Christie at the Cape

The Feminist Bloggers Network
The Feminist Bloggers Network

Alvaro Fernandez
Sharp Brains

Ira Flatow
Science Friday

Suzanne Franks
Thus Spake Zuska

Laura Gilmour
Gilmour Girl Goes Memphis

Jonathan Golob
SLOG

GrrlScientist
Living The Scientific Life

Angela Gunn
USAToday.com

Mike Haubrich
Tangled Up In Blue

Steve Higgins
Omni Brain

Mark Hoofnagle
Denialism

James Hrynyshyn
Island of Doubt

Mike Ignatowski
Provocative Future

Infidel Rooster
Just Another Blog

The Ironism
The Ironism

Rob Jacob
Climate Spin

Jennifer Jacquet
Shifting Baselines

Norm Jenson
One Good Move

Clifford Johnson
Asymptotia

Eric Michael Johnson
The Primate Diaries

Paul Jones
The Real Paul Jones

Razib Khan
Gene Expression

Dana Kincaid
Angry Toy Robot

Ezra Klein
Ezra Klein

Greg Laden
Greg Laden’s Blog

Lady Heathen Soul
Lady Heathen Soul

Laelaps
Laelaps

Michael Lemonick
Time Blog

John Logsdon
Sex, Genes and Evolution

The Lorax
Angry by Choice

John Lynch
Stranger Fruit

Laurie Mann
No Longer the World's Slowest Blog

Amanda Marcotte
Pandagon

Jeff Masters
Dr. Jeff Masters’ WunderBlog

John McKay
Archy

Craig McClain
Deep Sea News

David Michaels, Susan Wood, and Liz Borkowski
The Pump Handle

Migrations
Migrations

David Miller
Living in the Now

Jill Miller Zimon
Writes Like She Talks

Vinnie Mirchandani
New Florence, New Renaissance

Dave Munger
Cognitive Daily

PZ Myers
Pharyngula

Douglas Natelson
Nanoscale

Ben Odenheimer
pwnagepanda

Richard O'Grady
American Institute of Biological Sciences Blog

Jennifer Ouellette
Cocktail Party Physics

Mike O'Risal
Hyphoid Logic

Chad Orzel
Uncertain Principles

Lisa Paitz Spindler
Lisa Paitz Spindler

Jessica Palmer
Bioephemera

Abel Pharmboy
Terra Sigillata

The Pimm Group
The Pimm Group

Philip Plait
Bad Astronomy

Eli Rabett
Rabbett Run

Abbas Raza
3 Quarks Daily

Revere
Effect Measure

Joe Romm
Climate Progress

Joshua Rosenau
Thoughts from Kansas

Eric Roston
Carbon Nation

Chris Rowan
Highly Allochthonous

RPM
Evolgen

Martin Rundkvist
Aardvarchaeology

Chris Ryan
Political Relief

Jay Schnuder
Jay’s Journal

Ron Schott
Ron Schott's Geology Home Companion Blog

Science Mama
Mother of All Scientists

Science Sense
Science Sense

Sciencewoman
On Being a Scientist and a Woman

Jeffrey Shallit
Recursed

Kate Sheppard
The American Prospect Blog Tapped

A Siegel
Energy Smart

Steinn Sigurdsson
Dynamics of Cats

Meredith Simonds
The Freelance Observer

Tara Smith
Aetiology

Janet Stemwedel
Adventures in Ethics and Science

Matt Stoller and Chris Bowers
Open Left

Dawn Stover
Popular Science Blog

Chris Street
Hassers

Teacherninja
Teacherninja

Tech Policy Central
Tech Policy Central

Emily Therese
Sweet Waters

TiamatsVision
Technoccult

John Timmer
Ars Technica

Michael Tobis
Only In It For The Gold

Siva Vaidhyanathan
Sivacracy

Kristjan Wager
Pro-Science

Gordon Watts
Life as a Physicist

Jeffrey Weiss
Religion Blog

Nancy Willing
Delaware Way

Women’s Bioethics Project
Women’s Bioethics Project

Vanessa Woods
Bonobo Handshake

Yellow Moth
Rational Expressions

Jake Young
Pure Pedantry

Bora Zivkovic
A Blog Around The Clock

BrettCates
02-11-2008, 01:39 PM
google these people or http://www.sciencedebate2008.com/www/index.php?id=9

mdmarino
02-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Many (perhaps most) of the folks at ScienceBlogs are very hostile to Dr. Paul, so I'm not surprised. I used to visit this site daily, but stopped entirely a few months back when they started attacking him on the newsletters and Dr. Paul's stance on evolution. The bloggers there are overwhelmingly liberal democrats (with a couple of libertarian types mixed in).

But to exclude the only candidate that actually HAS some expertise in this area, is beyond disgusting.

BrettCates
02-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Yeah!!!!!

Monotaur
02-11-2008, 01:46 PM
I sent my email...

hyoomen
02-11-2008, 01:54 PM
While it is understandable that you are attempting to minimize the chaos that could go on in a broad spectrum science debate, it is lamentable that you choose to overlook the roles that both the media and the political process itself (specifically delegate conventions) play in determining our next President of the United States. While the media has played a significant role in supporting certain candidates as viable and in shaping public opinion thusly, delegate conventions have a huge opportunity to propel candidates such as Congressman Ron Paul forward. Let us not forget that even Abraham Lincoln at one point went to a national convention with fewer than 10% of the delegates, only to be elected President a short time later.

For what it is worth, Congressman Paul is a doctor (medical science) with wide-ranging support in the technology and science sectors. Given that he has stated for the record his intentions to remain in the Presidential race through the National GOP Convention, it seems disrespectful to not include his unique perspectives on the issues that will shape American policies and national scientific inquiry for at least a generation.

Through increased diversity of opinion -- no matter the result of the election -- all Americans win.

Posted by: Robert Vann | February 11, 2008 2:38 PM

Commented and emailed. Please be courteous, tactful, and a little bit more convincing than "where's Paul?"

BTW, I admit I'm a bit hesitant in all of this due to Congressman Paul's stance on evolution as well as his 'sanctity of life' legislation. That having been said, I think the variety of perspectives on issues such as these significantly reinforces the value of a President with an interest in preserving state's rights and individual sovereignty. We are not a body politic, indivisible -- we are a nation of rationally self-interested individuals by choice.

Pauliana
02-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Oooh, the Science Debate. My favorite debate of the whole election year.

*yawn* would be a waste of RP's time anyway.

Soccrmastr
02-11-2008, 01:58 PM
This is ridiculous. They deserve to be spammed to death for excluding him! get to work guys!

MGreen
02-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Paul's 'stance' on evolution can't be a big factor, as Huckabee has been even more vocal about creationism.

If this is a debate, with both Democrat and Republican candidates participating together, I really want to see Paul in there. We should get at least one chance to see Paul and Obama on the same debate stage.

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-11-2008, 02:01 PM
I just gave them a heeping full cup of sarcasm...hope they enjoy

+1 more heaping full, nay, overflowing cup of sarcasm haha :-)

Ninja Homer
02-11-2008, 02:05 PM
They currently have 13,000 supporters signed up, and want 20,000 by the end of the month. Let them know that if they were to invite Ron Paul they'd likely have that many signed up in a few days.

jake
02-11-2008, 02:07 PM
e-mailed

TruthAtLast
02-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Just sent them an email titled: "Are you Choosing the Next President For Me?"

berrybunches
02-11-2008, 02:11 PM
we should spam their comments section too....with pages of comments asking to include Paul they will have to invite him

RobJinFlorida
02-11-2008, 02:12 PM
I put up this comment:

The goal of Science is the search for truth. Truth in science can not be applied with ignorance of facts or the exclusion of data.

With out truth in science you only have belief not facts.

I'm seeing a scientific group of people excluding data and ignoring outcome. Speaks highly of your abilities in your work.

Include Dr. Paul. The only true science candidate.

ForLibertyFight
02-11-2008, 02:15 PM
bump

TexMac
02-11-2008, 02:16 PM
ScienceDebate2008

"The candidates we've invited are (in alphabetical order): Hillary Clinton, Mike Huckabee, John McCain, and Barack Obama."

h ttp://scienceblogs.com/intersection/2008/02/its_official_candidates_invite.php

None of the candidates will agree to go. It's a waste of time protesting this.

Shink
02-11-2008, 02:21 PM
None of the candidates will agree to go. It's a waste of time protesting this.

I doubt that. I think they'd all JUMP at a chance to debate WITHOUT Ron. Hillary and Obama are more afraid of Ron than McCain and Huck, who just want pats on the back and money/clout for running.

Sey.Naci
02-11-2008, 02:21 PM
This one looks better left out anyway IMO.

TexMac
02-11-2008, 02:26 PM
I doubt that. I think they'd all JUMP at a chance to debate WITHOUT Ron. Hillary and Obama are more afraid of Ron than McCain and Huck, who just want pats on the back and money/clout for running.

1. It's in late April. McCain has already been coronated, why would he want to debate Huckleberry? Answer, he won't.

2. Obama is already ducking debates with Clinton, claiming there are too many. (http://wkbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=7853668)
Why would he sign up for another one?

Don't make a big deal out of it and I bet it dies of its own insignificance.

Cinderella
02-11-2008, 02:28 PM
bump

uncle saddam
02-11-2008, 02:29 PM

Sent.

pacelli
02-11-2008, 02:34 PM

Thank you for the email link:

For your information, Ron Paul is still a presidential candidate on the republican side. He is the only candidate with a science-based degree (Medical Doctorate), and is the only candidate discussing what must be done on a federal level to encourage real innovations in alternative energy. I implore you to contact the Ron Paul campaign (www.ronpaul2008.com) and extend your invitation to Dr. Ron Paul.

I look forward to seeing Dr. Paul invited to your debate,

JonathanR
02-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Its funny they of all people excluded him since Paul keeps winning the atheist vote at all the polls.

Agora
02-11-2008, 02:38 PM
sent

1st rule of science is a search for a truth, but where is the truth in your SCIENCE Debate? I can't see it! Where is Ron Paul? You want to identify yourself with yet another propaganda tool? Not an honorable title to bear.
I hope you'll find the courage and admit that Earth is moving. Greetings ...

Lou337
02-11-2008, 02:40 PM
sent. ridiculous.

JS4Pat
02-11-2008, 02:41 PM
SENT...

I would like to know why the candidate I am supporting for President of the United States was not invited to Science Debate 2008?

The candidate I'm supporting is Texas Congressman Dr. Ron Paul. He raised more money last quarter than any other GOP candidate, he has received 42 delegates in the election so far and most importantly, he is a brilliant man who would add a great deal to this type of debate.

Why is Ron Paul being excluded?

Pauliana
02-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Oh geez. Do you really think there will be any more GOP debates? Give this a rest.

ronpaulfollower999
02-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Sent.

Penners
02-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Sent, and Bump

Kade
02-11-2008, 02:49 PM
ScienceDebate2008

I can get Ron Paul on this debate, but do you really want him there?

They are going to reem holes so large in McHuckleberry that goatse would be embarrassed. You really don't want to be in this debate... you really don't want allow Ron Paul to embarrass himself more on basic science...

Kade
02-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Many (perhaps most) of the folks at ScienceBlogs are very hostile to Dr. Paul, so I'm not surprised. I used to visit this site daily, but stopped entirely a few months back when they started attacking him on the newsletters and Dr. Paul's stance on evolution. The bloggers there are overwhelmingly liberal democrats (with a couple of libertarian types mixed in).

But to exclude the only candidate that actually HAS some expertise in this area, is beyond disgusting.

You are now entering a very personal realm of attack to which I take great offense. Most of them are leftist libertarian and anti-theocracy. They disagree with Ron Paul on two major issues, his stance on separation of church and state and his stance on evolution. I know many of these people personally, and some were my colleagues and professors. You don't know them, so shut it. Again, I emphasize that you probably don't want Ron Paul in this debate...

Royksopp
02-11-2008, 02:56 PM

They are going to reem holes so large in McHuckleberry that goatse would be embarrassed. You really don't want to be in this debate... you really don't want allow Ron Paul to embarrass himself more on basic science...

I sort of agree with this. Let Huck embarrass himself.

As long as Paul is invited to the CNN/MSNBC debates I wont be too worried.

LBennett76
02-11-2008, 03:03 PM
You are now entering a very personal realm of attack to which I take great offense. Most of them are leftist libertarian and anti-theocracy. They disagree with Ron Paul on two major issues, his stance on separation of church and state and his stance on evolution. I know many of these people personally, and some were my colleagues and professors. You don't know them, so shut it. Again, I emphasize that you probably don't want Ron Paul in this debate...

I wish I could go against them in an evolution debate. I'd kick all their asses.
However, I think Ron Paul would do fine, because he wouldn't "debate" them per se, as just say how people are free to believe what they want and nobody should be forcing anyone to believe one theory over another. Let the people, the free market, and education (once the Dept. of Education is gone) work it out.

Paulite
02-11-2008, 03:06 PM
LISTEN UP we need to get ron paul on TV whoi cares what the debate will be about. OUR JOB is to get him exposed on TV the greater the exposure the the more people will come join us.

email bomb .

Kade
02-11-2008, 03:07 PM
LISTEN UP we need to get ron paul on TV whoi cares what the debate will be about. OUR JOB is to get him exposed on TV the greater the exposure the the more people will come join us.

email bomb .

Stop. Don't email bomb. I'll get him invited...

tropicangela
02-11-2008, 03:08 PM

Just because people don't agree with him, that doesn't give them the right to blacklist him.

JS4Pat
02-11-2008, 03:10 PM
As long as Paul is invited to the CNN/MSNBC debates I wont be too worried.
That is going to be a long shot...

McCain has NOTHING to gain from debating the Huckster and has everything to LOSE by debating Ron Paul.

I hope it happens, but I think we may have seen our last GOP debate with Ron Paul.

General Election Debate is our best hope. :)

BrettCates
02-11-2008, 03:13 PM
This is Ron Paul we're talking about. He will school the DEMS AND GOP together in one room. THIS IS OUR CHANCE TO EXPOSE THEM TOGETHER. Fuck your illuminati worshiping professors.

billjarrett
02-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Nothing wrong with getting him invited. I think he is grown up enough he can decide if it's in his best interests to go or not.

literatim
02-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Its funny they of all people excluded him since Paul keeps winning the atheist vote at all the polls.

Is science the doctrine of atheists or something? What does science have to do with religion?

Kade
02-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Just because people don't agree with him, that doesn't give them the right to blacklist him.

Okay, I heard from one of the organizers that Ron Paul has not been excluded from this debate and his campaign is well aware of that fact. If he is not there, he turned it down on his own.

Kade
02-11-2008, 03:19 PM
This is Ron Paul we're talking about. He will school the DEMS AND GOP together in one room. THIS IS OUR CHANCE TO EXPOSE THEM TOGETHER. Fuck your illuminati worshiping professors.

You are batshit. Get an education you conspiracy theorist whackjob.

Sandra
02-11-2008, 03:20 PM
This debate isn't even scheduled to occur. None of the candidates have agreed to attend. I don't know if this is even a real story.

Kade
02-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Is science the doctrine of atheists or something? What does science have to do with religion?

Science has everything to do with religion. Because religion wants to dictate science, and because it makes claims about the natural world, like Human Origins, and when life begins... the question of whether or not a white bearded god exist or not is, in essence, a science question, that deserves serious consideration since it is being used, most notably by Huckabee, to churn an army of uninformed citizens into a sizable voting block of ignorance.

And no, Ron Paul is not winning the atheist vote anymore, thanks to you asshats on these forums. Whoever told you that is lying to you.

Kade
02-11-2008, 03:23 PM
This debate isn't even scheduled to occur. None of the candidates have agreed to attend. I don't know if this is even a real story.

It's scheduled only if at least one candidate elects to show up... so far none have... Ron Paul has not been excluded.

Hiki
02-11-2008, 03:25 PM
""Viable candidates" is defined as candidates who have a mathematical chance of becoming president, and who show a minimum 15% support level in the most recent national poll averages as published by RealClearPolitics.com. If at the time of the debate an invited candidate has withdrawn or is no longer viable by the above definition, they will not participate. If a new viable candidate emerges before the debate, he or she will be invited."

RobJinFlorida
02-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Do you know that this fight for hearts and minds is about more than Ron Paul.

Dr. Paul is a great man. By his attitude and by his motive and by his action. I could never reach him. But my respect is extreme. So he set a course.

I follow it. I the future I will be one of many that carries it when he is gone.

Today I will fight!!!!!!!

“..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority to set brush fires in people’s minds.”
— Samuel Adams

“With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it, nothing can succeed. Consequently he who molds public sentiment goes deeper than he who enacts statutes or pronounces decisions.” — Abraham Lincoln

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.” — George Orwell

“The state can’t give you free speech, and the state can’t take it away. You’re born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free…”
— Utah Phillips

hyoomen
02-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Science has everything to do with religion. Because religion wants to dictate science, and because it makes claims about the natural world, like Human Origins, and when life begins... the question of whether or not a white bearded god exist or not is, in essence, a science question, that deserves serious consideration since it is being used, most notably by Huckabee, to churn an army of uninformed citizens into a sizable voting block of ignorance.
To borrow a term from our less secular brethren of Freedom, "Amen."

And no, Ron Paul is not winning the atheist vote anymore, thanks to you asshats on these forums. Whoever told you that is lying to you.Any evidence for this other than speculation? Sadly, the stigma against atheism is so entrenched I didn't realize there could be an 'atheist vote'. While the Brights, humanists, and other secularist organizations are struggling to change this imbalance, people in America are far too religious for an 'atheist vote' to seemingly be of much relevance.

Fields
02-11-2008, 11:14 PM
bump.

SneakyFrenchSpy
02-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Okay, I heard from one of the organizers that Ron Paul has not been excluded from this debate and his campaign is well aware of that fact. If he is not there, he turned it down on his own.

It's scheduled only if at least one candidate elects to show up... so far none have... Ron Paul has not been excluded.

I call a crock, it's not like he could afford to miss out on any type of exposure whatsoever. So if only one candidate were to show up, would he / she debate with itself?

tgts2000
02-11-2008, 11:18 PM

It does say he has "not been invited because his support has not risen to 15%".

nodope0695
02-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Here is what I emailed to them:

Greetings,

Please invite Ron Paul to your debate. Have a little credibility, please. Ron Pau is a viable candidate, and for you to exclude him goes against your scientific principle of looking at all the evidence, and then forming a hypothesis, a theory, and a conclusion.

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 11:30 PM
McCain, Huckabee, Clinton, Obama: brilliant scientists every one. :rolleyes:

They are going to demonstrate Pavlovs dogs drooling phenomena when presented with a briefcase of cash.

HTH
Randy

billyjoeallen
02-11-2008, 11:36 PM
bump.

annamoo
02-11-2008, 11:52 PM
If you are truly pro-science, then you will understand that eliminating any remaining candidate from expressing his or her views and understanding of the current scientific debate in this country is NOT what scientific debate is all about. Exclusion of a variety of viewpoints is NOT supposed to be what science is about, although it has been practiced throughout history.

I am currently a medical student, and I have a BS in Microbiology from UT Austin. As a person with a science background, I was always taught that scientific discourse benefits from ALL viewpoints being openly discussed. Unfortunately you have chosen to betray your own field and stifle true discussion when setting up your debate. The debate will suffer, the public's understanding of science will suffer, and your hypocrisy will be the cause.

Today I watched on CSPAN as Dr. Krauss announced that "all 4 remaining presidential candidates have been invited" to this "debate."

What a joke. Perhaps Dr. Krauss is unaware that Dr. Ron Paul, the BIGGEST FUNDRAISER OF THE GOP IN THE 4TH QUARTER 2007 is still in the race. If he is not aware of this fact, perhaps it is because he watches too much television and doesn't spend enough time online, and has therefore bought into the media blackout of Dr. Paul. I can only hope that Dr. Krauss's exposure to scientific opinion in his professional life is richer than his limited and narrow exposure to politics and media, although his ignorance today would suggest otherwise. Then again, perhaps I am looking too deeply and it is simply a matter of Dr. Krauss not being able to add 2 Democrats and 3 Republicans and come up with 5 candidates. Perhaps he merely thinks 2+3=4.

Politics should have no place in science. If you want to have a remotely intelligent debate, you will need at least one intelligent person present. I strongly recommend you invite Dr. Ron Paul, a medical doctor, OB Gyn and my congressman.

That is, only if you want anyone to actually watch your debate!

Thank you for your attention to this exclusion of Dr. Paul, the only candidate with an ACTUAL SCIENCE BACKGROUND.

Thank you,
xxxxxxxxxx

TX District 14

Kade
02-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Any evidence for this other than speculation? Sadly, the stigma against atheism is so entrenched I didn't realize there could be an 'atheist vote'. While the Brights, humanists, and other secularist organizations are struggling to change this imbalance, people in America are far too religious for an 'atheist vote' to seemingly be of much relevance.

I'm an officer in the Secular Student Alliance, long standing member of American Atheists, and leader in other notable organizations. The movement to organize atheists is growing, and although it is like herding cats, there is published information on Ron Paul's stances of separation and his misunderstanding of the first amendment, and his attempt to create a new amendment to "fix" the first amendment. This forum spent it's first four months censoring and banning arguments about these amendments on these forums specifically, which caused the SSA and the AA to issue a newsletter highlighting Dr. Paul's stances. Polls on the leading social network sites saw a significant drop in support for Dr. Paul following an organized movement to spread this information, and the information about the censorship of these boards specifically. The timing was significant, many of the grassroots leaders originally were of the hacker/libertarian/atheist mold, right before the Iowa caucuses, the unrelenting attack from these groups following the caucus leading up to New Hampshire. the campaign has abandoned most of these people now, returning to speeches about "terrorists" and refusing to highlight Ron Paul's desire for less government, especially in regards to Civil Liberties and with this board's censorship policy, you can only imagine... and what's left is the current pile of rejects, backdoor theocrats, and conspiracy theorists... most of which couldn't tell you what Goldwater's stance on abortion or separation of church and state were in the first place...

I don't buy the white supremacist mold, I think many people are intelligent conservatives, the last remaining, but they have severely distorted what it means to be a classical liberal, or the intent of the founding fathers... That's my beef.

There are also a few remaining Fiscal policy buffs here, who for the most part understand the dire straits our economic system is in... to these people I say, keep it churning brothers.

CareerTech1
02-12-2008, 10:27 AM
emailed them

Bigvick
02-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Why do we even want RP in the debate? All they do is make fun of him and give him 2 minutes, RP should hold a event bigger then the debate to make a statement.(bigger then the townhall :rolleyes:)

VoteForRonPaul
02-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Sent

paulaholic
02-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Who gives a damn about the "Science Debate", what a bunch of crap, we don't need them.

VoteForRonPaul
02-12-2008, 11:02 AM
RP should hold a event bigger then the debate to make a statement.(bigger then the townhall :rolleyes:)
You must be talking about the Rally :D

phree
02-12-2008, 11:05 AM
I just added my comment to the announcement:

"Ron Paul's numbers in the polls are phenomenal when you consider the insignificant amount of unbiased exposure he's received. It's arguable that only 10% or less of Americans have had a fair opportunity to hear Ron Paul's positions. Given that, his polling percentages are simply amazing. It appears that at as many as 1 in 2 people who have heard his message have become supporters.

The vast majority of his support comes from about 15 minutes of debate time (cable networks only). Most of that time was spent dealing with questions that were either distractions like "electability" or blatant attacks. One question and answer was even edited out of the rebroadcast of a Fox debate because Dr. Paul turned Carl Cameron's insulting question into a show of strength.

Had Paul received half of the media time lavished on other candidates he would be leading this race. By omitting him from this debate you are further promoting the bias that is destroying The People's voice in this country.

Please reconsider."

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Oh geez. Do you really think there will be any more GOP debates? Give this a rest.

The establishment must learn that any attempts will be met with contempt and backlash. We give nothing a rest. That is their game plan.

Best Regards
Randy

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 12:00 PM

Evolution is not basic science. There are major holes in it. It is fine on a microsystem level but fails miserably at macrosystems. As well there appears to be genetic sequences in humans that are not a part of any evolutionary process. We may have been a created/derived/engineered species which puts the evolutionists dick squarely in the dirt.

Fuck scientific dogma. Science is not a religion though general Relativity and it latest abortive notion, dark matter along wth evolution dogma puts that camp within the scientists firmly in the religious beliefs camp.. Einstein was wrong too and it is plasma physics that they should focus on in cosmology. Gravity is merely a side effect.

Randy

MrZach
02-12-2008, 12:00 PM
If Ron Paul shows up at that debate, he'll be the only one. Give it a rest.

yongrel
02-12-2008, 12:03 PM
They invited Huckabee to a Science Debate? Seriously?

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 12:08 PM

Cool. Tell your professors they know shit and have been bamboozled by 19th century and 20th century dogmatists. General Relativity, dark matter, evolution..pfft.. They will have some catching up this century as each dogmatic assertion is experimentally or empirically proven to have major problems and holes. For instance the speed of light has been shown to be not constant. It has been slowed down to mere miles per hour and spun up over 1.5 times the supposed speed of light. Kinda fucks up Einstein bigtime. I can shoot giant holes in evolutionary theory. That is a tool of theocrats to make us believe we are mere animals fighting for survival instead of a part of a creative whole. This allows them to manipulate us into wars and fighting for scraps from the table.

And where the hell do they get this RP's stance on separation of church and state crap?.. I am for separation of synagogue and state and dogmatic science and state as well. If government sticks to the 17 sections of The Constitution, as RP would have happen ASAP, they are allowed to make laws about then that is pure canard.

HTH
Randy

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Stop. Don't email bomb. I'll get him invited...

Email bomb. This guy has a bad attitude. He may be running interference from his baragrugous tone,.

HTH
Randy

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Fuck your illuminati worshiping professors.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Fucking dogmatists!

Best Regards
Randy

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 12:15 PM

Other than making one marvel at the intracies and making you ponder religious thought. Not much. The barrier is there for a reason.. But they have made some crackpot theories into a religion within the hallowed halls of ivory tower science.

Best Regards
Randy

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 12:18 PM
You are batshit. Get an education you conspiracy theorist whackjob.

heh.. This is your _cogent_ reply? hahaha! Fuck you ..Mr Science guy. You got a whole new textbook to learn this century having based so much of the last centuries cosmology and understanding of life on dogmatic assertion. That is why he calls your professors illuminati shills. They have a vested interest in maintaining their dogma or they have nothing except more learning ahead and are not deemed the expert..
:D

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 12:23 PM

And no, Ron Paul is not winning the atheist vote anymore, thanks to you asshats on these forums. Whoever told you that is lying to you.

Wow.. yer so fucking smart. I am impressed..heh I see you like to place all your opponents into a little stupid minded hut of your own artiifce and proclaim that as their beck and call assertion. Yer full of shit pal and cannot hang dead albatrosses about our necks. There is not just the 6000 year earth idiots versus evolutionists. It gets much more complex than that and gene sequences are proving that we are not a product of evolution.

Randy

HOLLYWOOD
02-12-2008, 12:25 PM
You must be talking about the Rally :D

There should be a separate thread on the FORUM for the Washington DC RALLY later this year.

With sub-threads on planning, transportations, lodging, events, petitions, scheduling, etc...

Whatcha think?

Shink
02-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Kade, he's got my atheist vote. I must not be one to whimper about alternate points of view, because I've been here quite some time and haven't been run off.

There should be a separate thread on the FORUM for the Washington DC RALLY later this year.

With sub-threads on planning, transportations, lodging, events, petitions, scheduling, etc...

Whatcha think?Ask a mod. I doubt they'll argue.

Kade
02-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Evolution is not basic science. There are major holes in it. It is fine on a microsystem level but fails miserably at macrosystems. As well there appears to be genetic sequences in humans that are not a part of any evolutionary process. We may have been a created/derived/engineered species which puts the evolutionists dick squarely in the dirt.

Fuck scientific dogma. Science is not a religion though general Relativity and it latest abortive notion, dark matter along wth evolution dogma puts that camp within the scientists firmly in the religious beliefs camp.. Einstein was wrong too and it is plasma physics that they should focus on in cosmology. Gravity is merely a side effect.

Randy

What major holes? Details... ask me detailed questions and I will give you a detailed answer. Please. I'm begging.

Kade
02-12-2008, 01:23 PM
heh.. This is your _cogent_ reply? hahaha! Fuck you ..Mr Science guy. You got a whole new textbook to learn this century having based so much of the last centuries cosmology and understanding of life on dogmatic assertion. That is why he calls your professors illuminati shills. They have a vested interest in maintaining their dogma or they have nothing except more learning ahead and are not deemed the expert..
:D

specifics... C'mon. If you want to battle on a battleground you think you can defend... try me. Give me specifics.

tommy7154
02-12-2008, 02:01 PM
bump for Kades question.

Some of you idiots HAVE driven away atheists. I have been censored time and time again when making any posts dealing with my beliefs (or lack thereof). When I come on here and waste half an hour typing only to have any post and thread I put up dealing with atheism deleted, it pisses me off. I can easily see how it may have driven away many many people. How many atheists have been silenced on these boards???

And science is always changing as new evidence comes in. There aren't "gaping holes" in evolution...and if there WERE any, science would take a look at it. THATS HOW IT WORKS. What about the "gaping holes" in the bible? Should I point them out for you? When I do, is someone going to fix them, or are they only going to be ignored and explained away with absolutely NO evidence whatsoever as usual?

When you attack science, you are attacking intelligence. And why is that? Because you THRIVE ON IGNORANCE.

And when you nuts come in here to attack me, or when you mods delete my post yet again, remember I am defending as I was attacked first. Not that you'll care or even be able to see that.

StateofTrance
02-12-2008, 02:06 PM
I neither believe in evolution nor creationism.

Just earn your daily wage and live with it, FFS.

Kade
02-13-2008, 09:55 AM
bump for Kades question.

Some of you idiots HAVE driven away atheists. I have been censored time and time again when making any posts dealing with my beliefs (or lack thereof). When I come on here and waste half an hour typing only to have any post and thread I put up dealing with atheism deleted, it pisses me off. I can easily see how it may have driven away many many people. How many atheists have been silenced on these boards???

And science is always changing as new evidence comes in. There aren't "gaping holes" in evolution...and if there WERE any, science would take a look at it. THATS HOW IT WORKS. What about the "gaping holes" in the bible? Should I point them out for you? When I do, is someone going to fix them, or are they only going to be ignored and explained away with absolutely NO evidence whatsoever as usual?

When you attack science, you are attacking intelligence. And why is that? Because you THRIVE ON IGNORANCE.

And when you nuts come in here to attack me, or when you mods delete my post yet again, remember I am defending as I was attacked first. Not that you'll care or even be able to see that.

Ramen!

I've stopped getting mad. I would like for him to find some of these holes and point them out. I will answer him with any question he may have... anything. What sciences has discovered, and what science is not. That several people on this board continue to promote extremely archaic theories of origins is a disconcerting sign that our Science education system is an abysmal failure. I will answer anyone's question on here, and If I don't know it, I will seek my colleagues out and ask them for a response.