PDA

View Full Version : From Carol re: "work still ahead"

jblosser
02-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Yes, we are still trying to get PCC to update the home page. In the meantime, here is part of something that was forwarded to me from Carol:

"....Tell Jeremy your Dad is still working hard and when the seat is secured in TX he intends to fight on. He still has delegates and we hope to get more--we had double digits in Kansas--we would like to do well in PA and that is after TX so there is work to be done. He is not quitting and Texas is a big state so he will work here in TX this month along with the Congressional Schedule.... We need everyone out and about around TX. There is still a lot that we can do and don't think for a minute your Dad has given up."

kickzman
02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
God Bless Carol Paul.

SteveMartin
02-11-2008, 12:55 PM
She is the best First Lady we could ever ask for!!

kickzman
02-11-2008, 12:56 PM
I feel like she's the grandmother I never had.:D

Kotin
02-11-2008, 12:57 PM
i love that woman.

guys were still in this, fight for Ron and Carol. fight for Freedom.

lol we should have a Carol Paul money bomb

Quick
02-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Too bad we can't elect a First Lady

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 01:05 PM
See.. Now everybody was screaming about the webpage like they got some guy there 24/7 with the passwords and site ready to roll with DreamWeaver open. No.. PCC is going to update it and I know when a sit in a corporate office web programmer leaves Friday he ain't going near his email and tracks incoming call numbers on his cell so he doesn't have to have his weekend ruined by some clients waste basket fire. In this case much bigger but the principle apllies.

best
Randy

SteveMartin
02-11-2008, 01:07 PM
What is PCC?

ConstitutionGal
02-11-2008, 01:10 PM
What is PCC?

Presidential Campaign Committee

LibertyEagle
02-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Presidential Campaign Committee

DealzOnWheelz
02-11-2008, 01:11 PM
We should have a money Bomb on Carols 18th birthday

Feb 29th

What do you guys think??

And yes I did say 18th birthday

What?

She has only had 17 birthdays before since she was born on leap year

SteveMartin
02-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks guys!

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 01:13 PM
What is PCC?

I believe a political website building company. I saw it somewhere along my travels for contract work recently.<--edit:wrong on this count but there s a company called such that does political campaign site

best
randy

FreedomRings
02-11-2008, 01:20 PM
like they got some guy there 24/7 with the passwords and site ready to roll with DreamWeaver open.

If they don't, they should. Many grassroots would volunteer for that job.

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 03:05 PM
If they don't, they should. Many grassroots would volunteer for that job.

But..how can you be sure you won't get a shill under pretense. That is the biggest gambit being pulled right now. Just look at all the Huckster shills on the board playing at RP supporters but saying vote for someone else whnen RP clearl;y is in the race and McCain going to explode shortly.

Best
Randy

FreedomRings
02-11-2008, 11:20 PM
But..how can you be sure you won't get a shill under pretense. That is the biggest gambit being pulled right now. Just look at all the Huckster shills on the board playing at RP supporters but saying vote for someone else whnen RP clearl;y is in the race and McCain going to explode shortly.

That's a great point. I'd say there are many people on this forum who have a long track-record of being genuine supporters. I can think of more than a few right now. The probability of any of them them being shills is extremely low given that they have been supportive for such a long time.

The official webmaster would have to travel with Ron Paul and be connected all the time, monitoring the forums, giving live updates to Ron, and being available to make immediate changes to the website, with Ron's approval.

That's one part of the solution. The other part is to get a new writer, or team of writers, who are dedicated RP supporters. The current guy that has been writing Ron's messages for the past few weeks sounds like a professional copywriter, but it's clear that his heart is not in it.

Ron could choose six unpaid volunteers to be part of the message writing team. Three would cooperate in writing these official messages and the other three (plus Ron Paul himself) would have to approve each message before it goes out.

A setup of this kind would make a "blunder" (I'm being generous here) such as the recent one virtually impossible, and even if it were to happen it could be fixed very quickly.

PS: It's Monday night and the "almost zero" message is still up at the site's frontpage. Thousands of non-hardcore supporters who are not on this forum and who visit Ron's website every couple of days to stay up-to-date are getting the wrong impression from that message. I already heard from several friends (lukewarm supporters) who pointed out the message and said it sounded like he was getting ready to drop out soon. :(