PDA

View Full Version : If Huckabee loses Virginia tomorrow...

nate895
02-11-2008, 12:45 PM
I'll be so ticked off at you people for being such stubborn jerks as to not hold your nose and vote for Huckabee, just to have a large open road to the convention.

If Huckabee can't win in Virginia, he has to pull through in almost every other state in my delegate projection in order for this thing to go brokered, otherwise it will most assuredly go to McCain.

If he wins Virginia, he would need only win most of these states: Ohio, Texas, Kentucky, Idaho, West Virginia primaries (they still have a few delegates in the air), Indiana, and South Dakota, and it goes brokered.

Huckabee need win either Virginia tomorrow, or Wisconsin the week after, and I hope it's Virginia so he has more time to campaign in Ohio, which is definitely needed for this to go brokered.

Ron Paul Fan
02-11-2008, 12:46 PM
McCain leads in polls 2:1. Huckabee wouldn't win Virginia even with Ron Paul supporters voting for Huckabee. McCain is a lock to sweep tomorrow and pick up 90-100 delegates in the process. Maybe then we'll stop all of this brokered convention nonsense and start focusing on Congressional races.

spudea
02-11-2008, 12:48 PM
you still don't understand. McCain and Huckabee are love partners. A vote for huckabee is a vote for McCain. We must try and get Ron Paul as many delegates as possible.

nate895
02-11-2008, 12:49 PM
McCain leads in polls 2:1. Huckabee wouldn't win Virginia even with Ron Paul supporters voting for Huckabee. McCain is a lock to sweep tomorrow and pick up 90-100 delegates in the process. Maybe then we'll stop all of this brokered convention nonsense and start focusing on Congressional races.

I'm sick of you. All you do is come on these forums and spread negativity, and I am sick of it.

I know you live in Iowa, so you should stay off these forums if all you can manage to do is be a negative Nelly and say there is no chance, you shouldn't come on here.

On to the ignore list.

Lord Xar
02-11-2008, 12:50 PM
I'll be so ticked off at you people for being such stubborn jerks as to not hold your nose and vote for Huckabee, just to have a large open road to the convention.

If Huckabee can't win in Virginia, he has to pull through in almost every other state in my delegate projection in order for this thing to go brokered, otherwise it will most assuredly go to McCain.

If he wins Virginia, he would need only win most of these states: Ohio, Texas, Kentucky, Idaho, West Virginia primaries (they still have a few delegates in the air), Indiana, and South Dakota, and it goes brokered.

Huckabee need win either Virginia tomorrow, or Wisconsin the week after, and I hope it's Virginia so he has more time to campaign in Ohio, which is definitely needed for this to go brokered.

nate, you think enough caucus goers/voters come here to make a difference in that state? I mean, we are spread out over 50 states and MANY foreign.

Don't take it out here.

nbhadja
02-11-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm sick of you. All you do is come on these forums and spread negativity, and I am sick of it.

I know you live in Iowa, so you should stay off these forums if all you can manage to do is be a negative Nelly and say there is no chance, you shouldn't come on here.

On to the ignore list.

I noticed this as well, EVERY post from him is really negative.

nate895
you still don't understand. McCain and Huckabee are love partners. A vote for huckabee is a vote for McCain. We must try and get Ron Paul as many delegates as possible.

They can't control their delegates past the first round, that has been the strategy all along, you can't expect to win any delegates from here on out from anywhere but his home district in Texas.

MJfromCT
I just found the link to Huckabee's Army's photo collection, check it out. They aren't so strange afterall. LOL!
http://mulletsgalore.com/

Lord Xar
02-11-2008, 12:52 PM

On to the ignore list.

I concur, you have been a little negative lately. Its not your job to refocus peoples efforst away from the "MAIN GOAL" of this whole site.

Ron Paul Fan
02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
It's called being realistic. You should try it some time. You're blatantly ignoring the latest scientific polls out of Virginia which have McCain up by 25-35 percent. Then you've got Maryland and D.C. Does anyone see McCain losing these contests? That's what I thought.

acroso
02-11-2008, 12:53 PM
This is a dumb post. You don't come here and ask for people's vote for Huckabee by calling them stubborn jerks. You should respect people's right to cast a protest vote....

I understand the rational for voting for Huckabee in Virginia....but calling RP supporters Stubborn jerks is out of line.

nate895
02-11-2008, 12:54 PM
I love being able to ignore these downers. I'm never gonna be disappointed because there's always hope around the corner, win or lose.

nate895
02-11-2008, 12:55 PM
This is a dumb post. You don't come here and ask for people's vote for Huckabee by calling them stubborn jerks. You should respect people's right to cast a protest vote....

I understand the rational for voting for Huckabee in Virginia....but calling RP supporters Stubborn jerks is out of line.

I suppose it's a little strong, but you do have to admit we are a stubborn lot.

nbhadja
02-11-2008, 12:55 PM
It's called being realistic. You should try it some time. You're blatantly ignoring the latest scientific polls out of Virginia which have McCain up by 25-35 percent. Then you've got Maryland and D.C. Does anyone see McCain losing these contests? That's what I thought.

If you look at the meaningless straw polls probably not, if you look at the only thing that counts, delegates, than yes I see him losing just like he lost Washington.

spudea
02-11-2008, 12:56 PM
They can't control their delegates past the first round, that has been the strategy all along, you can't expect to win any delegates from here on out from anywhere but his home district in Texas.

Huckabee will endorse McCain, true the delegates may be unbound but plenty will definetly follow huckabee's lead and elect McCain.

acroso
02-11-2008, 12:57 PM
"I suppose it's a little strong, but you do have to admit we are a stubborn lot."

Huckabee supporters always do this though. They come here and talk down to us as if we're some sort of spoiler. Most of our supporters wouldn't vote for Huckabee or McCain in a general election. If people want to vote Huckabee let them vote Huckabee....if they want to vote Paul...let them vote Paul.

I don't think either is "throwing away your vote."

I would consider voting Huckabee if I lived in Virginia....but stuff like this just makes me think well screw it...I'm voting Paul.

RonPaulFever
02-11-2008, 12:57 PM
disinfo

next

KewlRonduderules
02-11-2008, 12:58 PM
I'd ignore Ron Paul Fan if I were you.

Ron Paul Fan
02-11-2008, 12:58 PM
If you look at the meaningless straw polls probably not, if you look at the only thing that counts, delegates, than yes I see him losing just like he lost Washington.

Yeah, I guess losses in those "meaningless straw polls" didn't affect Mitt Romney's decision to stay in the race. Isn't he 2nd in the "only thing that counts, delegates?"

nate895
02-11-2008, 12:59 PM
"I suppose it's a little strong, but you do have to admit we are a stubborn lot."

Huckabee supporters always do this though. They come here and talk down to us as if we're some sort of spoiler. Most of our supporters wouldn't vote for Huckabee or McCain in a general election. If people want to vote Huckabee let them vote Huckabee....if they want to vote Paul...let them vote Paul.

I don't think either is "throwing away your vote."

I wouldn't ever vote for Huckabee to be anything outside of McCain's spoiler.

ToryNotion
We have too many amateur Machiavelli's on this site. I'm voting in Virginia for Ron Paul if I have to crawl 2 miles to the polling place over broken glass and razor blades to do it. End of story.

nate895
I'd ignore Ron Paul Fan if I were you.

Already done. Isn't it nice?

acroso
02-11-2008, 01:04 PM
McCain is so DAMN OFFENSIVE that it's easy to be tempted to vote Huckabee.

But there is pluses in a McCain vs. Paul race too if Huckabee gets out. Huckabee is the GOP's last chance to save and unify the party before 2008.

A Paul vs. McCain primary is an essentially a Destroy-the-Republican Party Race. Paul would all of a sudden start picking up 20-30% of voters and we'd crack the support for the Iraq war in half once people converted to Paul.

Either way....if voters in Virginia are dumb enough to elect McCAin....they deserve what they ask for.

BrettCates
02-11-2008, 01:04 PM

If NOTHING!!!

WE STEAL THE DELEGATES!!!!!

FUCK THE FASCISTS AND TROLLS ON THIS SITE

WE NEED TO FOCUS

virginiakid
02-11-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm voting for Ron Paul, I will never vote for those two crooks--a.k.a. Huckabee/McCain.

nate895
02-11-2008, 01:06 PM
If NOTHING!!!

WE STEAL THE DELEGATES!!!!!

FUCK THE FASCISTS AND TROLLS ON THIS SITE

WE NEED TO FOCUS

How do you propose to steal the delegates when it's a winner take all state and McCain has enough bound delegates to win the nomination?

nate895
02-11-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm voting for Ron Paul, I will never vote for those two crooks--a.k.a. Huckabee/McCain.

You do understand that if Huckabee loses VA by the votes of Ron Paul grassroots, and falls short of a brokered convention by 1-69, it's pretty much our fault we didn't win the nomination.

Goldwater Conservative
02-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Why should any Paul supporter vote for McCain's VP? Besides, enough of the remaining states allocate delegates proportionally that McCain will probably break 1000 even if Huckabee sweeps them. Then it's only a matter of swaying a few dozen Huckabee or Romney delegates to give him the majority he needs. Might as well vote for Paul, since at least it doesn't help McCain's path to victory, which a vote for Huckabee would.

nbhadja
Yeah, I guess losses in those "meaningless straw polls" didn't affect Mitt Romney's decision to stay in the race. Isn't he 2nd in the "only thing that counts, delegates?"

Yes that's why Romney dropped out........oh wait it's not.

Look=delegates the main thing
Straw polls= useless
You can argue all you want but you can't change the truth.
It would be interesting to see of your thousands of posts, how many are doom and gloom posts.

RonPaulwillWin
I noticed this as well, EVERY post from him is really negative.

Correct, he's a douchebag that likes to hide behind his join date. I say ban.

virginiakid
I can't vote for Huckabee, sorry. I can't vote for someone who tries to win by deceit.

nate895
02-11-2008, 01:12 PM
I can't vote for Huckabee, sorry. I can't vote for someone who tries to win by deceit.

Am I the only one who would never vote for him, but likes the guy?

You have to admit he has an inspiring story.

FreedomRings
02-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Either way....if voters in Virginia are dumb enough to elect McCAin....they deserve what they ask for.

Most of them do not. Remember the power of the media... McCain is their darling right now, and many people are influenced by that. So instead of voting for Huckabee, we need to work on sinking McCain.

sharedvoice
02-11-2008, 01:27 PM

sharedvoice
02-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Huckabee will not win in VA. I know becaue I live here. If anything the big winner will be Obama, but I will still be voting for Ron Paul tomorrow during the Patomac Primaries.

acroso
02-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Am I the only one who would never vote for him, but likes the guy?

You have to admit he has an inspiring story.

Ya I like him. He has a great story....I've watched some of his youtube videos and they are really inspiring.

Neomatrix
02-11-2008, 01:34 PM
I live in Virginia and the pre-recorded message I received from Ron Paul this morning told me to remember to go vote for him. He didn't tell me to vote for Huckabeast. I will be voting for Ron Paul. Period. :D

spudea
02-11-2008, 01:36 PM
You do understand that if Huckabee loses VA by the votes of Ron Paul grassroots, and falls short of a brokered convention by 1-69, it's pretty much our fault we didn't win the nomination.

no... far more than 69 will vote for mccain on the second ballot....

Eponym_mi
02-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Voting for Huckabee and giving him more strength would do NOTHING for our cause. McCain would just offer him VP. People should vote their conscience. The OP is an idiot.:rolleyes:

nate895
02-11-2008, 01:39 PM
no... far more than 69 will vote for mccain on the second ballot....

I was talking about the first ballot.

nate895
02-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Voting for Huckabee and giving him more strength would do NOTHING for our cause. McCain would just offer him VP. People should vote their conscience. The OP is an idiot.:rolleyes:

You are the idiot if we get into a situation where McCain is the nominee.

Avalon
02-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Voting for Huckabee and giving him more strength would do NOTHING for our cause. McCain would just offer him VP. People should vote their conscience. The OP is an idiot.:rolleyes: No he's not. He just understands the delegate/convention process, unlike you. If McCain sweeps tomorrow, the chance of a brokered convention is gone, and any delegates we win will likely have no effect on anything whatsoever. It doesn't matter if Huck and/or Romney fully support McCain, they can't force their delegates to vote for someone else (and if we work hard in our respective states, their delegates won't even be for them anyway). Go do what you like, but don't call the OP an idiot when you don't know what you're talking about.

speciallyblend
02-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Ron Paul Delegates, forget huckabee

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 01:55 PM
How do you propose to steal the delegates when it's a winner take all state and McCain has enough bound delegates to win the nomination?

Yer pushing the wrong agenda. You pretend like this is locked in stone and ignore the blatant all over the web and radio talk shows that McCan is going down to push your agenda. You are simply trying to knock Ron's percentage points down and should be treated like a leprosied pariah for your tomfoolery.

Randy

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Why should any Paul supporter vote for McCain's VP? Besides, enough of the remaining states allocate delegates proportionally that McCain will probably break 1000 even if Huckabee sweeps them. Then it's only a matter of swaying a few dozen Huckabee or Romney delegates to give him the majority he needs. Might as well vote for Paul, since at least it doesn't help McCain's path to victory, which a vote for Huckabee would.

Cogent analysis and dumps their prevaricating and shillwork dicks into the dirt. Thanks.

Best Regards
Randy

FreedomLover
02-11-2008, 01:58 PM
You guys really don't need to argue about this, McCain will win Virginia fairly easy (Especially well in the southeast...huge military presence)

Without superdelegate support, however, he will still be far from wrapping up the nomination. And most of the states after virginia and maryland will not be as friendly to McCain.

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 01:59 PM
I suppose it's a little strong, but you do have to admit we are a stubborn lot.

Don't use the term WE mofo. I want nothing to do with your shilling ass and your blatant attempt to shaft RP at the polls. I ain't innocent or gonna play nice with you.

randy